View Full Version : Another Spoiler

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

kameda
05-27-2015, 06:38 PM
Spoiled on "The Generalīs Tent"

http://i.imgur.com/lUeYaxt.png

nicosharp
05-27-2015, 06:43 PM
um... this could be horrible... threshold.... Thanks for the spoil but, kinda yucky at first glance.

Thrawn
05-27-2015, 06:46 PM
um... this could be horrible... threshold.... Thanks for the spoil but, kinda yucky at first glance.

Don't forget you could also swing and miss completely not even finding a troop.

superdax
05-27-2015, 06:50 PM
I,m not a big fan of the arts in dual-shards. I feel there is missing color identity. Most of the specific cards in each shard has colors that represent it (most sapphire has blue in it.) but the dual shards are colourless. Why not purple and blue !!!

other than that . Interesting card but at 4 its not game winning.

Rokku
05-27-2015, 06:56 PM
Also why is this card not saph/diamond since its obviously a necrotic ability and art...

Bombs
05-27-2015, 06:57 PM
In reference to this art/lore:

How did the first necrotic come to be in Entrath? Did a few shards happen to lodge themselves into someone's eye after the comet hit? When you hold certain shards, do they compel you to push it into your eye socket? Did they bounce down into the crypts and land in Lixil's eye sockets?

Mahes
05-27-2015, 07:02 PM
Don't forget you could also swing and miss completely not even finding a troop.

I would guess the threshold becomes whatever you are using. As for your concern, bounce creature EoT. Then you cast this and have thier creature to cast. The sad part of this would be the increased cost, unless that reverts upon control.

IronPheasant
05-27-2015, 07:02 PM
Why not purple and blue !!!

http://i.imgur.com/9Q37g5U.png

wolzarg
05-27-2015, 07:52 PM
As is the card seems practically unplayable. 4 resources and 2 shards for a card that is basically a gimped combo of inquisition and call the grave. I mean don't misunderstand it can probably be a real annoyance in the mirror but when else and then both players have it anyway making it fairly moot.

Thrawn
05-27-2015, 07:53 PM
I would guess the threshold becomes whatever you are using.

Only if they revealed it missing some text. No reason to assume it changes threshold since cards that do that specifically state it.

Yoss
05-27-2015, 08:08 PM
I,m not a big fan of the arts in dual-shards. I feel there is missing color identity. Most of the specific cards in each shard has colors that represent it (most sapphire has blue in it.) but the dual shards are colourless. Why not purple and blue !!!

other than that . Interesting card but at 4 its not game winning.

I agree it would be very cool if the border mixed the colors of the shards of the card rather than being generic. However, that's more art assets that Cory has to pay for...

Vorsa
05-28-2015, 12:05 AM
Intriguing; 1st instinct would be that it is a perfect fit for cards that bounce troops back to the opponent's hand, but realistically you're looking at 6 resources minimum then to steal a troop...

Not unworkable for stealing a game-ender, but not necessarily for everyday play.

Unrelatedly: I really am intrigued what male Necrotic player characters will look like - the cleric doing the 'operating' there looks pretty darn stylish, but on plenty of other cards have them as gruesome corpses or faceless armour.

~ Update

Just now realised that it doesn't change the stolen card's threshold... looks pretty much unsuable then, even for Necrotic. :(

sukebe
05-28-2015, 12:12 AM
I cannot see the image, is there a link I could follow?

poizonous
05-28-2015, 12:15 AM
well take MtG for instance, their dual/triple colored cards were all gold until a few years ago, color identification can come at a later time but i currently like the dual threshold card borders

Salverus
05-28-2015, 01:13 AM
I cannot see the image, is there a link I could follow?

4cost, 1 blood 1 sapphire shard, basic action , rare card
enemy champion reveals hand, choose troop and put it in your hand.

personally I am not a fan if it. too expensive, too high risk and what if enemy plays diamond /ruby/wild then you have a troop in your hand you cant play.

sukebe
05-28-2015, 01:15 AM
4cost, 2 blood, basic action
enemy champion reveals hand, choose troop and put it in your hand.

ah, very cool thanks :-)

Salverus
05-28-2015, 01:18 AM
made a small mistake, it's dual shard, 1 sapphire, 1blood shard requirement.

superdax
05-28-2015, 06:10 AM
well take MtG for instance, their dual/triple colored cards were all gold until a few years ago, color identification can come at a later time but i currently like the dual threshold card borders

I was more making reference to the art. not the border. Most art has colors representing the shard it is in.(Ex a blue mage with blue eyes)
The dual shards would of been nicer if the art had colors inside it that represent the dual shards

That is without saying that the art is still very nice and i can't wait to draft some set 3 :) :) :)

plaguedealer
05-28-2015, 06:29 AM
My only gripe is that they should spellcheck the cards before releasing to the public. Pretty sure it should say reveal instead of reveals.

Showsni
05-28-2015, 06:46 AM
It might end up as a surprising bomb in PvE, though. We've already seen some amazing enemy AI only troop cards (Bunjitsu, Wyatt, Poca etc, etc). There could easily be a raid boss or something where stealing one of their crazy troops with this could become a key strategy.

poizonous
05-28-2015, 06:47 AM
This has potential to be a banned PvE card honestly

RCDv57
05-28-2015, 06:49 AM
This has potential to be a banned PvE card honestly

Relentless Corruption isn't banned.

Valnir
05-28-2015, 06:49 AM
The art looks fine, the peek in the opponents hand is also ok, but with the S/B deck, it is very limited to get a troop, you will be able to play.. but im looking forward of the upcoming updates/cards

poizonous
05-28-2015, 06:51 AM
I think this is a little better than Relentless corruption as you can basically destroy AI's plans without RNG luck of the draw from corruption. This is you specifically picking a card, Corruption just gives you any card from top. Having a choice is what makes this card PvE dangerous. I am not saying it should be banned but it has a chance

ossuary
05-28-2015, 06:56 AM
Relentless Corruption isn't banned.

Nor is Mancubus, Rise Again, Izydor... really, there's no reason for this card to be banned. :)

JakeFreedom
05-28-2015, 06:57 AM
It would be nice if the card that you get became your colors, but this card will not see constructed play. It might see play if the cost was lower, say 2. Then at least your chances of finding a troop are better, or at least getting something out their hand that is a threat. The only thing you could do with the troop you get, if you can't play it, is use it for cards that let you draw and then must discard a card.(Secret Laboratory, Stoneclaw Gargoyle). Oh well, not every card can be good.

Valnir
05-28-2015, 06:57 AM
I think this is a little better than Relentless corruption as you can basically destroy AI's plans without RNG luck of the draw from corruption. This is you specifically picking a card, Corruption just gives you any card from top. Having a choice is what makes this card PvE dangerous. I am not saying it should be banned but it has a chance

Since you can only pick a troop I dont think it is that good... If You would be able to steal resource, or action/constant, it would be OP.. as things look like it will be a 30plat rare in my eyes, but we still dont know enough about set3 to be sure

RCDv57
05-28-2015, 06:59 AM

Inquisition does the same thing to the hand for half the cost.
From what I understand the PvE banned cards do things that can disable fun aspects of many encounters.

Stealing a card from the AI is very fun, so I don't think this is in trouble.

poizonous
05-28-2015, 07:08 AM
It would be nice if the card that you get became your colors, but this card will not see constructed play. It might see play if the cost was lower, say 2. Then at least your chances of finding a troop are better, or at least getting something out their hand that is a threat. The only thing you could do with the troop you get, if you can't play it, is use it for cards that let you draw and then must discard a card.(Secret Laboratory, Stoneclaw Gargoyle). Oh well, not every card can be good.

Even if you dont get to play the card you steal, ruining an opponents combo is HUGE. Taking away an opponents gambit choice, or Azurefate/Moss combo is potentially game breaking. It may not see main deck play but this is a guarantee sideboard card

ossuary
05-28-2015, 07:14 AM
If you guys think about all the amazing, high cost troops that we are getting in this set, the ability to take one of them away from your opponent is potentially very valuable, even if you can't cast it yourself. Remember, we're losing all of our current hand destruction in draft as soon as this set is released - no inquisition, no withering touch, no darkspire punisher, no misfortune, no corpse fly. Certain decks might be very happy indeed to have a way to take a dangerous troop away from your opponent before they get a chance to put it into play. Not all cards are intended to be constructed staples. ;)

Aradon
05-28-2015, 07:29 AM
It's a rare, so it's not going to be doing much balancing in limited. And at 4 mana, this is pretty terrible. If it removed thresholds, I might consider it in limited, but I wouldn't even go near this in constructed or PvE. It's too expensive by two or three. Hand disruption at 4 mana is just too cumbersome to be useful unless you're absolutely wrecking them, and I don't consider a limited single discard to be wrecking.

wolzarg
05-28-2015, 10:50 AM
Mirror sideboard possibly as i stated before and in that case both players will likely play it or not making it a moot point or a fringe player in some tournament.

IronPheasant
05-28-2015, 02:03 PM
It's obviously supposed to be a five color Necrotic card. Lixil, Midnight Shepard, etc.

It's just not a very good one. It's no Mind Control. For there to be chase rares there must be dumpster rares etc.

ShaolinRaven
05-28-2015, 04:59 PM
It might end up being a decent sideboard card. Especially if Sapphire remains a common staple in the meta and Blood becomes more common.

kameda
05-29-2015, 03:33 AM
Spoiled by alucard - May 28th 2015

http://www.hexprimal.com/wp-content/uploads/HarbingerofHasturG.jpg

Spoiled by Mythicfishmom on twitter - May 28th 2015

http://www.hexprimal.com/wp-content/uploads/DruidicExoshaperG.jpg

Xenavire
05-29-2015, 03:39 AM
Spoiled by alucard - May 28th 2015

http://www.hexprimal.com/wp-content/uploads/HarbingerofHasturG.jpg

Spoiled by Mythicfishmom on twitter - May 28th 2015

http://www.hexprimal.com/wp-content/uploads/DruidicExoshaperG.jpg

I like both, very interesting synergies that can be found.

poizonous
05-29-2015, 03:49 AM
Mono Sapphire has like 8 new win cons now.... and I love that druid, minimum 4/4 for 4 is nice and cant be reverted to death

wolzarg
05-29-2015, 04:07 AM
I friking love the mythos subtheme.
hate all the added rng in hex but i know its a me problem.

poizonous
05-29-2015, 04:13 AM

not a you problem, but I am looking forward to the upcoming threads about how Harbinger is working 100% against them and not working at all for them. That is the issue with RNG cards, someone always gets the short end of the stick

Xenavire
05-29-2015, 04:13 AM

The RNG aspect is the weakest part of the card, but it is also the entirely free part. The exhaust 5 on attack is just nuts, definitely a potential wincon.

vulture27
05-29-2015, 04:24 AM
Mono Sapphire has like 8 new win cons now.... and I love that druid, minimum 4/4 for 4 is nice and cant be reverted to death

The Harbinger will never see competitive play. Just assume an unrealistic perfect world where you hit a shard every turn, and you get to use this troop alone as your finisher:

Turn 4: Eldritch Dreamer - Attacks for 3 every turn without being blockable. Kills your opponent on turn 11 and draws you 6 cards (opponent dies before you get the irrelevant 7th).

Turn 7: Harbinger of Hastur - Attacks for 5 every turn without being blockable. Kills your opponent on turn 11 and does nothing else. The second ability is a random effect, on a low percent random chance, that can only happen in a specific sub-set of one zone - it might as well read "Extra Text Here That Does Nothing."

I won't even bother comparing this to Reese.

ossuary
05-29-2015, 04:37 AM
All of that assumes you hard cast him for full cost with no ramp. It's a bit foolish to say something will "never" see competitive play when we haven't even seen 2% of the set yet. People said the Eldrazi were too expensive and would never see competitive play either, back in the day, but there are all kinds of decks built around getting some of the nastier ones into play (like the 15 cost dude that takes a free turn and is unkillable).

Xenavire
05-29-2015, 04:43 AM
The Harbinger will never see competitive play. Just assume an unrealistic perfect world where you hit a shard every turn, and you get to use this troop alone as your finisher:

Turn 4: Eldritch Dreamer - Attacks for 3 every turn without being blockable. Kills your opponent on turn 11 and draws you 6 cards (opponent dies before you get the irrelevant 7th).

Turn 7: Harbinger of Hastur - Attacks for 5 every turn without being blockable. Kills your opponent on turn 11 and does nothing else. The second ability is a random effect, on a low percent random chance, that can only happen in a specific sub-set of one zone - it might as well read "Extra Text Here That Does Nothing."

I won't even bother comparing this to Reese.

You are ignoring the fact that Hastur allows your other troops to break through. You could have a T8 win easily with the right board, with zero ramp.

Patrigan
05-29-2015, 04:43 AM
Also he's chaostouched. I'd love to get him after I Chaotic Rip one of stupid Xarlox his deck thinners.

poizonous
05-29-2015, 05:19 AM
8 Cost Win condition is EXACTLY the type of thing mono sapphire control would play. Better than Shoggoth and better than some of the 6/7 cost troops

poizonous
05-29-2015, 05:20 AM
Also 3 Words for you Eye of Creation... This is just what Eye wants to pull out on turn 5 ramped

Xenavire
05-29-2015, 05:25 AM
Also 3 Words for you Eye of Creation... This is just what Eye wants to pull out on turn 5 ramped

Eye is an amazing point right now, with all the powerhouse wild/saph reveals lately.

Valnir
05-29-2015, 05:28 AM
It seems I have to stack up a few Jank bots and Eye of creations..

poizonous
05-29-2015, 05:29 AM
+ the fact that you can know if this card is within the top 5 of your deck if an opponents troop exhausts so you can wait for eye until it is close

poizonous
05-29-2015, 05:29 AM
I originated the Tooth and Nail deck from MtG and it looks like I get to duplicate that here in Hex now, SUPER happy =)

Xenavire
05-29-2015, 05:30 AM
+ the fact that you can know if this card is within the top 5 of your deck if an opponents troop exhausts so you can wait for eye until it is close

Well, if it procs. 20% is a decent chance, but it could 'whiff' 5 turns in a row, leaving you to draw in on turn 6 instead of hitting it with the eye.

But then again, eye decks would have enough other stuff to hit that they would happily take the risk most times anyway.

Tinfoil
05-29-2015, 05:49 AM
It is the deck effect that is important. You get a chance of a very useful effect from a card that is not even in your hand. That is potentially extremely powerful and interesting design. I expect to see more cards like this in the future, but they have to be very careful in balancing so they don't sweep away the meta. Don't forget you could potentially have 2 or more of them in the top five of your deck.

Rigth now, it is probably not reliable enough, but they have to be careful with these kind of effects.

the_artic_one
05-29-2015, 09:03 AM
Considering what we've seen of wild/sapphire so far, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a way to keep Harbinger in the top 5 cards of your deck constantly.

Axle
05-29-2015, 09:04 AM
Haven't seen anyone post this yet. From the Friday Update posted on Gameforge.

Love the art, love the name, and my interest is piqued with the ability. A gimmicky escalation deck comes to mind at first, but I'm sure others will find better uses.

http://gf1.geo.gfsrv.net/cdn31/e982065affc4cc9703958c29376123.png

That reminds me. Multi-Shard Escalation cards. I want them. HEX PLS.

Xenavire
05-29-2015, 09:15 AM
Haven't seen anyone post this yet. From the Friday Update posted on Gameforge.

Love the art, love the name, and my interest is piqued with the ability. A gimmicky escalation deck comes to mind at first, but I'm sure others will find better uses.

http://gf1.geo.gfsrv.net/cdn31/e982065affc4cc9703958c29376123.png

That reminds me. Multi-Shard Escalation cards. I want them. HEX PLS.

...These kinds of cards pop all of my boners. 100kbph!

incitfulmonk21
05-29-2015, 09:20 AM
Yeah sapphire has really gotten some great cards so far. Still need all the spoilers but I am pretty sure the last thing sapphire needs is more ways to win consistently and overpoweringly. Maybe call it hex shards of sapphire is the only one that counts?

Aradon
05-29-2015, 09:27 AM
Syzygy is the type of card I expect to really do well in PvE combo decks, the sort that tend to wreck raid bosses on their own. Potentially a chase rare, if someone ends up using it in a raid deck. It's also the sort of card that promises awesome equipment, so looking forward to that.

poizonous
05-29-2015, 09:32 AM
Free Chronic Madness after 1 use, seems good. Not sure if it is a PvP card but people might wanna pick these up early for cheap as they do seem to have PvE potential. Imagining the equipment is something like, Actions played while this is on the field get returned to the deck

poizonous
05-29-2015, 09:45 AM
And in Sapphire's defense, if you look at all the spoiled cards so far on Hexprimal.com you will notice that most of the sapphire cards we have seen have been legendary/rare... Still tons of legendaries in other shards to come

incitfulmonk21
05-29-2015, 09:48 AM
And in Sapphire's defense, if you look at all the spoiled cards so far on Hexprimal.com you will notice that most of the sapphire cards we have seen have been legendary/rare... Still tons of legendaries in other shards to come

Yeah there are still a ton of spoilers hence the wait till we see al just noticing how crazy some of sapphire's are.

Xenavire
05-29-2015, 09:49 AM

Indeed - we barely saw any diamond rares, and zero legendaries. Ruby is in the same boat, with even fewer total cards spoiled! This is obviously ignoring Army of Myth (the dual threshold Ruby/Diamond legendary.)

Malakili
05-29-2015, 10:03 AM
That card is going to be real in whatever "legacy" format we get. That thing + cantrips is just going to tear through your deck. Now, let's just hope they print some good cantrips.

Axle
05-29-2015, 10:07 AM
Just realized we already have 3 strong Coyotle legendaries spoiled and Shin'hare are still sitting at 1. Poor guys.

poizonous
05-29-2015, 10:11 AM
Just realized we already have 3 strong Coyotle legendaries spoiled and Shin'hare are still sitting at 1. Poor guys.

That is probably going to be the only shin hare legendary, they arent focused in this set

Saeijou
05-29-2015, 10:11 AM
Free Chronic Madness after 1 use, seems good. Not sure if it is a PvP card but people might wanna pick these up early for cheap as they do seem to have PvE potential. Imagining the equipment is something like, Actions played while this is on the field get returned to the deck

not just chronic... if the equip for mastery of time stays... it will be amazing! :D

Khendral
05-29-2015, 10:24 AM
That is probably going to be the only shin hare legendary, they arent focused in this set

We'll probably get a Shin'hare as the legendary Wild/Blood multi-threshold card...whether that will be in Set 3 or in Set 4, I don't know.

Zophie
05-29-2015, 10:25 AM
AA Spoilers from the GameForge friday update

http://gf2.geo.gfsrv.net/cdn4a/6383e9c572ca7d807bbb787b25a30b.png

http://gf1.geo.gfsrv.net/cdncc/a5ae45a7539df9e8407add370bae54.png

Xenavire
05-29-2015, 10:35 AM
AA Spoilers from the GameForge friday update

http://gf2.geo.gfsrv.net/cdn4a/6383e9c572ca7d807bbb787b25a30b.png

http://gf1.geo.gfsrv.net/cdncc/a5ae45a7539df9e8407add370bae54.png

You are a week slow. :p https://www.hextcg.com/friday-update-multi-shard/

Zophie
05-29-2015, 10:53 AM
You are a week slow. :p https://www.hextcg.com/friday-update-multi-shard/

lol thanks man, so many spoilers hard to keep track of them all!

Mokog
05-29-2015, 01:30 PM
We started talking about Grimm assimilation and moved on..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qyygcMX8S0

oh well :-P

Aradon
05-29-2015, 01:38 PM
You know, I dismissed Carnasaurus initially, but I think I might give him a chance. As far as green 2-damage spells go, one that can continue on to beat your opponent to death isn't bad, and it's even a may-ability. Not a bad turn 2 play either, to eat your opponent's one drop and still play a 2/2.

Axle
05-29-2015, 01:40 PM
It kills Mirror Knight. All I need from it.

Xenavire
05-29-2015, 01:42 PM
It kills Mirror Knight. All I need from it.

Sounds good to me, but it feels like it needs some support. Wild hasn't got a history of amazing cards, so lets hope set 3 has something to bring it all together. :)

Zophie
05-29-2015, 01:47 PM
Wild hasn't got a history of amazing cards,

Don't let my pack raptors hear you say that, they'll eat your face off.

Xenavire
05-29-2015, 03:01 PM
Don't let my pack raptors hear you say that, they'll eat your face off.

Pack Raptors, alone, aren't very amazing though. Give them support... That's my point though, wild is lacking the glue. If it gets the glue, its a whole new ballpark.

Same for diamond, by and large. Only a hanful of diamond cards see play.

kameda
05-29-2015, 05:52 PM
Spoiled by pentachills May 29th 2015

http://i.imgur.com/uoZkqiO.png
http://i.imgur.com/ZHL7BQF.png

incitfulmonk21
05-29-2015, 06:01 PM
Okay love the name of that card!

kameda
05-29-2015, 06:32 PM
Spoiled by Errantsquire May 29th 2015 - This is also a vanity card of his

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGN4VLPUIAAtLve.png

Zophie
05-29-2015, 06:50 PM
Hmm, I could see putting All in the Family in my inspire decks, if I haven't won by the time it's effective that would at least help seal the deal.

Also, DINO MIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGHHHHTTTT!!!!

poizonous
05-29-2015, 06:52 PM
That seems super situational... Not sure if I could justify playing this... In Limited you gotta be worried grabbing this with Pick 1, and double diamond threshold on this card seems like overkill. Constructed you almost have to use this card as your centerpiece, while it isnt a bad idea, the counter side to it is if this card is your centerpiece, you lose your centerpiece to a basic sideboard card in wild

Zophie
05-29-2015, 06:54 PM
That seems super situational... Not sure if I could justify playing this... In Limited you gotta be worried grabbing this with Pick 1, and double diamond threshold on this card seems like overkill. Constructed you almost have to use this card as your centerpiece, while it isnt a bad idea, the counter side to it is if this card is your centerpiece, you lose your centerpiece to a basic sideboard card in wild

Yeah definitely interesting to think about that one, will be cool when the full set comes out and we can finally see the full picture and what kind of metas shake out of it.

Vorsa
05-30-2015, 01:06 AM
DINO MIGHT! :p

All in the Family is a thoroughly weird card - from the art to the effect.
Not sure I'd ever find a use for it, but it could be kind of fun if there's a crazy deck of 4 x various unique characters that works together.

ossuary
05-30-2015, 04:09 AM
What I want to know is whether or not the other 3 shards have TV show reference jokes for card names in this set? Is there a sapphire manipulator card called Different Strokes? ;)

Mahes
05-30-2015, 05:48 AM
Anybody else wondering if the Vennen combined with control might be a bit too powerful? That rare and that legendary are a beast simply because they add cards to the opponents deck that can force a dead draw and get a creature out. You think people hate random now. Just wait until the cries go out about how " I drew 3 consecutive eggs in a game".

ossuary
05-30-2015, 05:58 AM
Just for the record, they don't force dead draws. When you draw a bane, you draw an additional card to replace it as well. You get those spiders in addition to your normal card, not instead of.

Warrender
05-30-2015, 06:54 AM
http://i.imgur.com/uoZkqiO.png

Now they just need to make a Baby Yeti-like troop and call it Kid Dino Might.

Mahes
05-30-2015, 07:05 AM
Just for the record, they don't force dead draws. When you draw a bane, you draw an additional card to replace it as well. You get those spiders in addition to your normal card, not instead of.

Oh, ok. That changes things quite a bit. Still powerful but not broke powerful.

Xenavire
05-30-2015, 07:20 AM
Oh, ok. That changes things quite a bit. Still powerful but not broke powerful.

Well, 3 in a row will proc in a single turn, so... :p

Elwinz
05-30-2015, 07:27 AM
yes thats how xarlox works. It happens to top deck and draw2 terontulas
Jankbot as counter meta ;p

IndigoShade
05-30-2015, 07:46 AM
DINO MIGHT! :p

All in the Family is a thoroughly weird card - from the art to the effect.
Not sure I'd ever find a use for it, but it could be kind of fun if there's a crazy deck of 4 x various unique characters that works together.

Like the triumverate maybe? They all have different costs.

Showsni
05-30-2015, 07:52 AM
All in the Family in PvE with Holiday seems like a good fit. Just one Holiday, with her equip, will pull out another three, and you can adjust the cost of each one to make them different.

ossuary
05-30-2015, 08:08 AM
All in the Family in PvE with Holiday seems like a good fit. Just one Holiday, with her equip, will pull out another three, and you can adjust the cost of each one to make them different.

Yeah, that was my thought as well. Just get 1 holiday and Family in your opening hand and you're pretty much set to have an army of invincible troops by turn 4 or 5. You'd only need 1 other troop, and just hold the Family until you're sure you won't create a duplicate cost.

Steelio
05-30-2015, 09:32 AM
Oss is very much right here. At worst it's an inquisition which cannot be countered by recursion. It's really not that bad.

If you guys think about all the amazing, high cost troops that we are getting in this set, the ability to take one of them away from your opponent is potentially very valuable, even if you can't cast it yourself. Remember, we're losing all of our current hand destruction in draft as soon as this set is released - no inquisition, no withering touch, no darkspire punisher, no misfortune, no corpse fly. Certain decks might be very happy indeed to have a way to take a dangerous troop away from your opponent before they get a chance to put it into play. Not all cards are intended to be constructed staples. ;)

Aradon
05-30-2015, 09:36 AM
Oss is very much right here. At worst it's an inquisition which cannot be countered by recursion. It's really not that bad.

At worst it's a waste of 4 mana for absolutely nothing. Sometimes it'll be a 4-mana inquisition. Sometimes it'll be better than that. I'd rather just play inquisition, but after seeing the meta being so utterly dominated by blue at the last VIP, it could be decent sideboard. If I could expect to get a troop I could cast out of my opponent's hand 50% of the time, I might consider it if I were already playing blue/black. I still don't like it at all, though.

kameda
05-30-2015, 06:46 PM
Spoiled by Havoc May 30th 2015

http://i.imgur.com/sZ5Ov4j.png

Erukk
05-30-2015, 06:53 PM
Spoiled by Havoc march 30 2015

http://i.imgur.com/sZ5Ov4j.png

I'm guessing you meant May 30th? :p

Though, Coyote tribal gone wild with that card.

ossuary
05-30-2015, 06:55 PM
Man, wild/saph coyotles are definitely looking smexy. I can't wait to play around with that.

kameda
05-30-2015, 07:24 PM
I'm guessing you meant May 30th? :p

Whoops :P

Mahes
05-30-2015, 07:36 PM
Is it me or is the power creep getting a bit high. So far I have not seen a rare I did not like. This will be a very interesting set.

That coyote is not unique. Can a creature have two of the same ability? As in that coyote is the next draw so it is a 4/6 with flying and gives the next coyote +4+4 with flying and so on?

Axle
05-30-2015, 08:22 PM
Nah. There's a lot of rares that just look good but will be trash in practice. Even in limited.

This card is pretty good, but I'm just saying some others. Also there's that 4 cost threshold getter that probably is not worth even in necrotic 5 shards.

RCDv57
05-30-2015, 10:20 PM
Nah. There's a lot of rares that just look good but will be trash in practice. Even in limited.

This card is pretty good, but I'm just saying some others. Also there's that 4 cost threshold getter that probably is not worth even in necrotic 5 shards.

The depends on what Gain threshold effects we're getting. Dont forget about Eternal Sage.

Erukk
05-30-2015, 10:33 PM
Is it me or is the power creep getting a bit high. So far I have not seen a rare I did not like. This will be a very interesting set.

Tribal themes usually always look more powerful than they actually are since you have to build around the tribe to get it's full functionality. This will probably be an excellent card in limited, since it turns even a mediocre troop into a nicely sized evasion, but I'm not really sure how well it will do in competitive constructed though.

It's a bit hard to tell with the limited amount of spoilers so far. The tribe is looking strong, but I doubt it's going to break the meta mold. It's been awhile, but I think the only time I've seen a tribe break the meta was when MTG's faeries did in Lorwyn.

(Goes into a nightmarish flashback.)

That coyote is not unique. Can a creature have two of the same ability? As in that coyote is the next draw so it is a 4/6 with flying and gives the next coyote +4+4 with flying and so on?

I'd imagine so.

Salverus
05-31-2015, 05:14 AM

Even if it was unique, you can bounce it back to your hand and play it again, then the next coyote gets also +4/+4

Malakili
05-31-2015, 07:09 AM

A big mistake is evaluating cards only in their best case scenario. You want to try to evaluate their average. The card is potentially fine, but 1) It's a 4 cost 2/4 by itself, which is below value. It does earn its value when you draw the next troop and then play that troop. A 2/4 body and another troop getting +2/+2 and flying is great value, but the way prophecy works is that the value is delayed. This is coming out on turn 4 most of the time at the earliest (I'm assuming that if you are ramping you can ramp into something better on turn 3).

To make a long story short, a lot of the very powerful stuff we have seen either 1) has a very high resource cost or 2) takes quite a bit of time to return that value. There are definitely some cards in this set with a high power level, but you can't just imagine the best case scenario in a vacuum. You have to think about what the meta game will look like, and that is very difficult to know still.

kameda
05-31-2015, 08:03 AM
Spoiled by Cirouss May 31st 2015

http://i.imgur.com/JP4PkKJ.png

Gregzilla
05-31-2015, 08:10 AM
Wow, that looks awesome.

Elwinz
05-31-2015, 08:38 AM
Dinos are getting power

ossuary
05-31-2015, 08:39 AM
It's an amazing card for the cost.

Some things to keep in mind, that we discussed in channel when Cirouss first revealed it:

It's all or nothing. You can battle nothing, or you can battle two troops. You can't choose to battle if the opponent only controls one troop. You also can't target the same troop twice. To use its ability, you have to choose two distinct enemy-controlled troops, otherwise, it doesn't have a valid set of targets, and you won't get the option.

It's not like Cannon Volley, where each target is distinct, and it's also not like cards that let you choose up to X targets. Nevertheless, it's an awesome card. I think that mono-wild is getting a lot stronger with this set, since it's getting more options for troop-based removal. It lets you focus purely on ramp and dropping big creatures, but still gives you the ability to take out threats along the way. I'm super excited for the next set to drop. :)

Xenavire
05-31-2015, 08:49 AM
Thats an incredible card, no doubt. Wild may just be able to hold it's own finally.

Edswor
05-31-2015, 08:58 AM
And in set 4 it will be the turn for squirrels!!

LeMazing
05-31-2015, 09:15 AM
Definitely a 2-of in my pve Dino deck. I like the battle theme that dinos are getting more of.

Erukk
05-31-2015, 10:14 AM
Whenever we move to another region in Entrath, I'm kinda hoping they'll expand the Cromags and dinosaurs. They would be too fun to pass up.

plaguedealer
05-31-2015, 10:20 AM
I am thinkg that dino will be a tier 1 pve deck, might even see some constructed play. No one buy savage lord at this time while i checj the ah, thanks.

kameda
05-31-2015, 10:52 AM
Spoiled by alucard may 31st 2015

http://i.imgur.com/HMzeszN.png

poizonous
05-31-2015, 11:02 AM
Spoiled by alucard may 31st 2015

http://i.imgur.com/HMzeszN.png

That art and effect.... Wow perfect card, just pray you dont prophecize a unique troop

kameda
05-31-2015, 11:07 AM
That art and effect.... Wow perfect card, just pray you dont prophecize a unique troop

It only copies actions

Elwinz
05-31-2015, 11:09 AM
all coyotles wheres venne love

poizonous
05-31-2015, 11:15 AM
Maybe I need to start reading cards lol but still an amazing card, and possibly even better

Armies
05-31-2015, 11:18 AM
just think every time you bounce and replay it or call the grave and replay it you could be buffing that mastery of time 4 turns later and take many turns in a row :P

Xenavire
05-31-2015, 11:21 AM
just think every time you bounce and replay it or call the grave and replay it you could be buffing that mastery of time 4 turns later and take many turns in a row :P

Times offering with flight gem - double the effect and turn it into a very nice flight beater.

plaguedealer
05-31-2015, 12:03 PM
I can see people trying it in a archmage spell heavy burn deck.

RCDv57
05-31-2015, 12:12 PM
all coyotles wheres venne love

My thoughts exactly.
I am hoping that they are saving most of them for right before launch, but for now they are just trying to get these guys out of the way.

BlackRoger
05-31-2015, 12:15 PM
Forget vennen, give me some elves playables... and I'm not talking about the ramp/5 drop payoff elves... I want some aggro elves!

Xenavire
05-31-2015, 12:36 PM
I can see people trying it in a archmage spell heavy burn deck.

An FYI - copied actions do not trigger Wrenlocke, only the original will.

That said, it wouldn't be terrible with heart of fire (double the power of the burn = double the resources = insane ramp.)

RCDv57
05-31-2015, 01:23 PM
Forget vennen, give me some elves playables... and I'm not talking about the ramp/5 drop payoff elves... I want some aggro elves!

Ramp elfs into Army of the Arcane Cinders on Turn 3.
Is that Aggro enough?

BlackRoger
05-31-2015, 01:58 PM
Ramp elfs into Army of the Arcane Cinders on Turn 3.
Is that Aggro enough?

Nope, that's ramp, pretty sure I said no ramp.
p.s. You're ramping your mono saph opponent into tunnel reese + keep countermagic up, so good luck landing that Army of Arcane cynder.

Xenavire
05-31-2015, 02:01 PM
Nope, that's ramp, pretty sure I said no ramp.
p.s. You're ramping your mono saph opponent into tunnel reese + keep countermagic up, so good luck landing that Army of Arcane cynder.

Not exactly - you can use the Soloist x3, but thats god hand level. Still possible though.

plaguedealer
05-31-2015, 02:09 PM
Well savage lord got a nice bump in price, wish I as not in a tournament at the time. I was seriously thinking about forfeiting.

BlackRoger
05-31-2015, 02:14 PM
It's not that I don't like mid-range decks in general, but I feel there won't be any midrange decks as long as blood/saph control decks are so popular, and the only way to make them less popular is to have better aggro.
Once I see some proper aggro elves we can talk ramp.

Elwinz
05-31-2015, 02:14 PM
someone bought out all the cheap ones doesnt mean it got bumped in price.

Xenavire
05-31-2015, 02:15 PM
Well savage lord got a nice bump in price, wish I as not in a tournament at the time. I was seriously thinking about forfeiting.

It'll come back down, I am sure. There is quite a while to go until set 3 lands it seems (no release date) and that means many more will enter the economy by that time. I can't see the allure of an untested deck concept keeping a price high for more than a week. :p

BlackRoger
05-31-2015, 02:27 PM
That depends if we have any serious speculators in the AH.
It's not rare that a good speculator will buy any of a card that is near bottumn price if he thinks it will see play.

Although I'm pessimistic wether there will be enough cards for dino tribal in set 3... maybe by set 4 we'll have enough.

Xenavire
05-31-2015, 02:33 PM
That depends if we have any serious speculators in the AH.
It's not rare that a good speculator will buy any of a card that is near bottumn price if he thinks it will see play.

Although I'm pessimistic wether there will be enough cards for dino tribal in set 3... maybe by set 4 we'll have enough.

I personally think we would need a playable legendary dino spoil to make it a 'safe' bet, but right now even dumping in all the best dino's the deck is as full of holes as swiss cheese. I don't honestly think that the Chromag will be the way to fix the deck, I think splashing another shard will do far better.

BlackRoger
05-31-2015, 02:37 PM
Just wait until they spoil that legendary minotaur and minotaur tribal becomes all the rage!

plaguedealer
05-31-2015, 02:50 PM
Dino in pve is a very different matter and probably why the price went up.

Xenavire
05-31-2015, 02:55 PM
Dino in pve is a very different matter and probably why the price went up.

I could see that if we had equips worth using, but right now it doesn't seem any better than the PvP version. Certainly not fast enough for the current incarnation of arena.

israel.kendall
05-31-2015, 04:06 PM
It'll come back down, I am sure. There is quite a while to go until set 3 lands it seems (no release date) and that means many more will enter the economy by that time. I can't see the allure of an untested deck concept keeping a price high for more than a week. :p

I know its a slightly different situation, but an untested deck concept kept Forge of Cadoc trading high for about a month.

poizonous
05-31-2015, 04:08 PM
Well Forge was also a Legendary, while this involves a rare but yeah I know where you were going with that

Xenavire
05-31-2015, 04:22 PM
Forge still has some value though, where Savage Lord was a step away from being at the price floor (it probably has been around there on and off for a while). I think the speculating won't be enough of a payoff even if the stars do align perfectly. :p

plaguedealer
05-31-2015, 04:40 PM
All I know is my first deck will be w/s coyotles. My second deck will be dino/eye with early game threats. Bane will be third. Really enjoying the spoilers.

Xenavire
05-31-2015, 04:46 PM
All I know is my first deck will be w/s coyotles. My second deck will be dino/eye with early game threats. Bane will be third. Really enjoying the spoilers.

Oh yeah, I will be in a deckbuilding frenzy too. It doesn't matter how bad they turn out, I am eager to try. :p

Mahes
06-01-2015, 10:53 AM
I want to try the spider control deck but I am not sure if the 5 cost spider is worth the cost over having a bird that taps everyone. Obviously if my opponent had only a couple of blockers getting free draws off the spiders would be nice but I will have to play around with it.

kameda
06-01-2015, 10:58 AM
Spoiled on http://www.reddit.com/r/hextcg June 1st 2015

http://www.hexprimal.com/wp-content/uploads/TitaniasMajestyG.jpg

ossuary
06-01-2015, 11:02 AM
That + Fuzzuko is +3/+3 spellshield shin'hare army on turn 5... nice.

Spellshield gem, still the strongest wild gem. Who needs major sockets? ;)

Aradon
06-01-2015, 11:03 AM
Hello blue gem. Flight and mass buff, seems legit. Not sure what I'd put in from the other colors. Swifstrike seems reasonable, the color-based evasion for red, spellshield out of green itself seems solid too. Interesting that I don't go for any of the major gems when it's an option.

ossuary
06-01-2015, 11:07 AM
Hello blue gem. Flight and mass buff, seems legit. Not sure what I'd put in from the other colors. Swifstrike seems reasonable, the color-based evasion for red, spellshield out of green itself seems solid too. Interesting that I don't go for any of the major gems when it's an option.

It could be pretty funny to put the major diamond gem in there, so that every single troop on your board buffs all troops on your board +1/+1 each time they hit the champion. That could get out of control REAL fast. :)

poizonous
06-01-2015, 11:10 AM
Make all your bunnies make Rhinos, seems legit lol

Salverus
06-01-2015, 11:13 AM
i will buy some of these cards just for the art even though i have no intention of ever using them :cool:

Mahes
06-01-2015, 11:32 AM
What works better is when you socket it with different gems..../nod.

Or use the red damage gem and play with the new red/green guy that doubles all 5+ cost spells and get +4+4 creatures that hit you for 4+...whatever.

RCDv57
06-01-2015, 11:32 AM
It could be pretty funny to put the major diamond gem in there, so that every single troop on your board buffs all troops on your board +1/+1 each time they hit the champion. That could get out of control REAL fast. :)

Or put the unblockable gem in it when you have periwinkle on field.
Everything gets +4/+4 and unblockable.
This could be the new Gorefeast when set one rotates out.

Vorsa
06-01-2015, 11:52 AM
Just pointing out Titania's Majesty is like Evolve and Fuzzuko, not a constant - it's a one-off buff for the troops you have in play at the moment you play it.

ossuary
06-01-2015, 12:17 PM
Just pointing out Titania's Majesty is like Evolve and Fuzzuko, not a constant - it's a one-off buff for the troops you have in play at the moment you play it.

Yep, as opposed to the Diamond one, which puts a major socket in all troops still in your deck. The two combined could be pretty nasty. :)

vickrpg
06-01-2015, 01:30 PM
Spoiled on http://www.reddit.com/r/hextcg June 1st 2015

http://www.hexprimal.com/wp-content/uploads/TitaniasMajestyG.jpg

.. This card just removed a color from the Mastermoss/sorceress/sacrifice infinite combo. Now all you need is Wild, ruby and a sacrifice engine (probably blood)

Xenavire
06-01-2015, 01:36 PM
.. This card just removed a color from the Mastermoss/sorceress/sacrifice infinite combo. Now all you need is Wild, ruby and a sacrifice engine (probably blood)

I am sure that Wild or Ruby will get a way to sac eventually, but even a hard to kill mastermoss is bad enough. You can pretty much swing forever without caring because it can only be voided or bounced (or reduced to 3/3 so it dies as a mossling.)

IronPheasant
06-01-2015, 01:44 PM
That + Fuzzuko is +3/+3 spellshield shin'hare army on turn 5... nice.

Spellshield gem, still the strongest wild gem. Who needs major sockets? ;)

Wasn't there talk about new gems?

Wouldn't it be craaaaazy if there were Major Gems with "leaves the battlefield" triggers on them? That would be cool. Wrathwood Colossus's death trigger would be a goofy one.

Xenavire
06-01-2015, 01:47 PM
Wasn't there talk about new gems?

Wouldn't it be craaaaazy if there were Major Gems with "leaves the battlefield" triggers on them? That would be cool. Wrathwood Colossus's death trigger would be a goofy one.

Well, we can speculate but there has been no solid info. The current gems aren't imbalanced, and they may not want to tinker just yet. However, I hope they do, and leaving play/dying triggers sound very freaking fun.

Can you imagine how evil a 'if this leaves the warzone, target opponent discards a card' would be in a socket?

kameda
06-01-2015, 03:25 PM
spoiled by ne0 june 1st 2015

http://i.imgur.com/OC0q31X.png

Vorsa
06-01-2015, 03:52 PM
That's a bit of an odd 'un...

It's OK when played on a cheap artifact in play, though not as handy as just having a 5/5 Robot with a gem slot.
Does however restrict gem choice to those which don't trigger on play.

Played on a card in hand, it racks up 10 cost for a 5/5 with a gem in it! :eek:
An awful deal, even for 5 direct damage when it hits the board.

I don't see people giving up Scrap Welder or the alternatives for those, though obviously a 5/5 Crush with the "draw a card when damage a champion" gem could be a serious threat if unanswered.

Axle
06-01-2015, 03:53 PM
Another card that could have been Quick Action and still be fine?

Vorsa
06-01-2015, 03:55 PM
Another card that could have been Quick Action and still be fine?

That certainly would have made it more worthwhile - possibly you've zero'd in on its equipment...

Erebus
06-01-2015, 03:58 PM
It's easily the weakest of the socketed actions that have been revealed so far.

RCDv57
06-02-2015, 07:48 AM
It's easily the weakest of the socketed actions that have been revealed so far.

Yeah, its the same cost as that :wild: one but only hits one restricted target and is still a rare.
It is *slightly* more flexible in that it can use all the Major gems fairly well, buuut Using an ON PLAY gem is rather expensive.

Still, its not like :sapphire: doesn't already have plenty of good socketed cards.

Who knows, maybe we get new gems and one of them works really well with this card.

Vorsa
06-02-2015, 01:23 PM
FiveShards have a new spoiler accompanying their season wrap-up:
http://fiveshards.com/rock-league-season-4-wrapup/

Afraid I'm rubbish at posting images (always says they're too large), so will have to leave it to someone with expertise!

RCDv57
06-02-2015, 01:32 PM
http://fiveshards.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Bloodsoaked-Brawler.png

Edswor
06-02-2015, 01:33 PM
It's a good card and again, I love the art.

BlackRoger
06-02-2015, 02:23 PM
Someone buy the artist a beer.
p.s. We ever gonna have the name of the artists somewhere on the cards?

poizonous
06-02-2015, 02:30 PM
Is that someones Vanity Card? Looks very vanity like

BlackRoger
06-02-2015, 02:35 PM
I'm of the impression that the vanity cards are always rare or higher.

Gregzilla
06-02-2015, 02:41 PM

Royal Cutblood is a vanity card and uncommon.

Xenavire
06-02-2015, 02:45 PM

I am pretty sure Kami's card is common, so I think its all fair game.

kameda
06-02-2015, 07:21 PM
http://fiveshards.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/s3_twisted_taunter.png

wolzarg
06-02-2015, 08:06 PM
That card is absurdly weird but i love it.

Mejis
06-02-2015, 08:07 PM
That card is absurdly weird but i love it.

I think it's pretty cool. Cost is quite high, but a good way to pick something troublesome off given its attack value.

Selanius
06-02-2015, 08:09 PM
LOL NOOB, L2P (Thats that guy's flavor text)

poizonous
06-02-2015, 08:18 PM
This card has a pretty niche ability, I think it might see some competitive play, just to force cards like CMK or any troop who wouldnt normally attack into death. Sure the question then becomes well does that validate a 5 cost card? Possibly, especially if we see a card that can make this card lose defensive

fabriazp
06-02-2015, 08:34 PM
http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah49/fabriazpx/Armies%20of%20Myth/11351480_10206769115731562_2409677226185566742_n_z pshupifsnw.jpg

At the beginning of your turn, create a copy of each egg in target opponent deck and put them in his deck.

ossuary
06-02-2015, 08:38 PM
At the beginning of your turn, create a copy of each egg in target opponent deck and put them in his deck.

Holy crap... exponential egg growth! :p

Mejis
06-02-2015, 08:49 PM
Holy crap... exponential egg growth! :p

Erm, whoa... amazing card.

SO MANY SPOILERS! MUST STOP...SPOILING...

/release set 3 already HEXEnt :P

Tinfoil
06-02-2015, 09:57 PM
I like the Vennen mechanic, but it does seem to be a one-trick pony. Every card spoiled either puts eggs in the deck or modify eggs in deck.

Edswor
06-02-2015, 10:11 PM
With so many eggs, I hope we see a card able to remove them from your deck.

poizonous
06-02-2015, 10:17 PM
Disregard

Tygari
06-02-2015, 11:06 PM
Is this expansion most just for the Vennic spiders?
Other than a few Coyotes and Elves there hardly been anything else.

RCDv57
06-02-2015, 11:16 PM
Is this expansion most just for the Vennic spiders?
Other than a few Coyotes and Elves there hardly been anything else.

Spoiled Vennen: 6 non-token cards (7 if you count Parriphagy)
Spoiled Coyotle: 10
Total Spoilers: 63 non-token cards

Its just Vennen week is all.
Way better than shark week

Ertzi
06-02-2015, 11:26 PM
Noob question: How can you make the card images so huge? I suck at computer-y stuff, so I would really like to know if I can view every existing card this large somehow. Or is it just because the spoiled cards were already this big? Can I somehow go to HEX TCG Browser for example, take an image, and enlarge it without losing image quality? I really want to enjoy the art of the cards more ;;__;;

Erukk
06-03-2015, 12:39 AM

All your deck are belong to us!!!

Edit: I just noticed that the forum automatically moves all your letters to lower case if you post in all caps. :p

IronPheasant
06-03-2015, 12:46 AM
Can I somehow go to HEX TCG Browser for example, take an image, and enlarge it without losing image quality? I really want to enjoy the art of the cards more ;;__;;

Only vector art can scale infinitely. Raster images have to be rebuilt, by hand or AI, and won't match the actual object perfectly.

You'll just have to find a resource that saves them at a smexy size.

kameda
06-03-2015, 12:50 AM
http://fiveshards.com/exclusive-preview-devouring-doomspore/

http://fiveshards.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Devouring-Doomspore.jpg

Erukk
06-03-2015, 12:54 AM

Well... Isn't this grotesquely adorable. Just look at all those little Shroomkins playing on him, and him eating some as well...

"They assure me they can control it." Famous last words. Is the Shroomkin rebellion this close at hand?

Xenavire
06-03-2015, 03:44 AM

Honestly, that could be very playable. I love it.

vulture27
06-03-2015, 04:12 AM
Honestly, that could be very playable. I love it.

I assume you mean in limited or PvE.

Competitive constructed this guy just immediately gets time rippled and your opponent laughs.

Xenavire
06-03-2015, 04:43 AM
I assume you mean in limited or PvE.

Competitive constructed this guy just immediately gets time rippled and your opponent laughs.

I'd say constructed, blood/diamond - this guy sits behind marble and wrecks everything. It would be your 1-of stalemate breaking wincon.

Also, I wouldn't call it impossible to use this guy in other ways.

ossuary
06-03-2015, 04:50 AM
Could definitely be played on turn 3. Wracking my brain trying to figure out a way to play it on turn 2. The 3 blood threshold is obviously very carefully chosen, otherwise you could just ritualist T1, runts of the litter + AID T2, and sac all 3 battle hoppers for this guy (6/6 rage 3 swinging turn 3). Nasty. :)

So yeah... don't play this guy against sapphire, but otherwise he could be pretty gross. Obviously he's no $20 card, but it's still a solid include in the right type of deck.

BlackRoger
06-03-2015, 04:53 AM
I'm not really in love with more sac outlets that are just big dorks.
We already have mushwoky and the 1/1 that becomes 5/5 and neither are very good.
If I'm sacing 3 troops, I'm expecting some utility or protection, not just a big dude that will get removed/chump blocked.

Mahes
06-03-2015, 05:07 AM
If he had trample or speed I could see him being played. If he could be played on my opponents turn, then he would have the surprise element. The fact that I have to lose 3 creatures to get him out on my turn makes him some what mehh. As somebody pointed out, he bounces very easily.

Xenavire
06-03-2015, 05:17 AM
He can be hardcast, and reanimator decks could be a thing at some point. No-one expects it to be a 4-of, but it could easily see play.

WolfCrypt
06-03-2015, 05:22 AM
I'd love to have him I certainly don't mind popping a few troops to use him

wolzarg
06-03-2015, 06:31 AM
That shroom. Damn!

Xenavire
06-03-2015, 06:44 AM
I have been thinking about it, and this could be a seriously nice wincon, mainly because you are playing it for free - if you can keep the troops out for the sac, you can hold a handful of interrupts, or combine it with inspire, etc etc. Not to mention you can use this to 'chase' another troop - want to use Azurefate to really hurt them? Or give it speed with Alexander? Drop the appropriate troop as your 4th, then sac everything else.

It has some potential, and I will certainly try to get the most out of Doomy.

BlackRoger
06-03-2015, 06:52 AM
Well, the biggest probem with that is the tripple blood, meaning splashing for other colors is risky, especiallyif you want to drop it early.

Xenavire
06-03-2015, 06:57 AM
Well, the biggest probem with that is the tripple blood, meaning splashing for other colors is risky, especiallyif you want to drop it early.

I think this is a late game card, or early aggro - and you have to commit to one or the other. But I think, for example, this would fit a blood/saph darkspire hybrid. Saccing a priestess, especially, would be reasonably beneficial, and you could mix in Monsuun to really minimise the loss. Use the sapphire to cover verdict or countermagic, maybe arcane shield... It could be a very good card in that sort of deck.

ossuary
06-03-2015, 07:12 AM
Traditionally in other unnamed TCGs (cough cough), red/blue/black was an extremely powerful tri-color deck with lots of options for removal, counters, damage, and general mayhem. I could see a mainly Blood deck with splashes of Ruby for damage and Sapphire for counters (think Azurefate, damage gem, burn / bolt, verdict, time ripple, etc.) could be a thing as fixing continues to get better.

Azurefate + Doomspore with damage gem could definitely be a finisher in a deck like that. Drop it for free on turn 4/5 after the Azurefate hits the board, deal 8 total immediately even without other inspires, then either attack with it or bounce it to your hand with something and repeat. It could be a lot of fun, even though it definitely wouldn't be anywhere close to Tier 1.

Aradon
06-03-2015, 07:36 AM
What I like about him is the fact that his threshold to activate the ability indicate that playing for free does bypass threshold requirements, or else they wouldn't need to put them on the ability itself.

RCDv57
06-03-2015, 08:00 AM
Noob question: How can you make the card images so huge? I suck at computer-y stuff, so I would really like to know if I can view every existing card this large somehow. Or is it just because the spoiled cards were already this big? Can I somehow go to HEX TCG Browser for example, take an image, and enlarge it without losing image quality? I really want to enjoy the art of the cards more ;;__;;

Normally if you right click an image, and open it in a new Tab, you will get a larger picture.
This is due to webcode re-sizing images to fit into the specific website formats.

But what you do is take the address of the link you just opened and throw it into [IMG] tags

Tinfoil
06-03-2015, 08:53 AM
Traditionally in other unnamed TCGs (cough cough), red/blue/black was an extremely powerful tri-color deck with lots of options for removal, counters, damage, and general mayhem. I could see a mainly Blood deck with splashes of Ruby for damage and Sapphire for counters (think Azurefate, damage gem, burn / bolt, verdict, time ripple, etc.) could be a thing as fixing continues to get better.

Azurefate + Doomspore with damage gem could definitely be a finisher in a deck like that. Drop it for free on turn 4/5 after the Azurefate hits the board, deal 8 total immediately even without other inspires, then either attack with it or bounce it to your hand with something and repeat. It could be a lot of fun, even though it definitely wouldn't be anywhere close to Tier 1.

I have been thinking about this combo with High Tomb King and I think he is better suitet.

Like Xenavire said, playing him for free means you can spend your ressources on withering touch/inquisition which are bloods anti-sapphire control cards. Or you could play Titania's Majesty to give it spellshield. Saccing 3 Shinhares would also make Wakasashi Ambusher a 5/4 if underground.

As a late game finisher I think it is subpar to other bomb-cards like Kraken, Uruu, Zakiir and even Citadel

wolzarg
06-03-2015, 09:50 AM
Get him crush and he is painfully relevant unlike both citadel and kraken not to mention that he is cheaper than both those and can be cheated in.

ossuary
06-03-2015, 10:11 AM
Get him crush and he is painfully relevant unlike both citadel and kraken not to mention that he is cheaper than both those and can be cheated in.

Or evasion. Blood/Wild and Blood/Saph are both great archetypes. Doomspore to the Skies! ;)

Axle
06-03-2015, 10:12 AM
Wtb Wild Necrotic with Shift --> Crush

poizonous
06-03-2015, 10:15 AM
Blood Sapphire Wild Bunnies... When opponent is tapped out you bring him to field and cast Times Offering giving him spellshield... Problem Solved

Xenavire
06-03-2015, 10:21 AM
Blood Sapphire Wild Bunnies... When opponent is tapped out you bring him to field and cast Times Offering giving him spellshield... Problem Solved

Fun idea - Azurefate+Times Offering (plus Doomspore ofc). All you need is 6 resources and 3 troops and you can OTK them. :p

Gregzilla
06-03-2015, 10:58 AM
I was thinking throwing him into a Vennen deck, sac a couple spiderlings, drop Arcane Shield on him. Fun times. Although, I hope there's equipment to make his ability quick. Someone tries to bounce one of your troops with a Buccaneer? Nooooope! Sac it and two others in response. Or sac three to use him as a surprise blocker on your opponents turn. Would go well with Leeches in PvE. :)

Malakili
06-03-2015, 11:10 AM
If we're talking about sacing 3 troops + a card to help him survive, I'm pretty sure there's more efficient ways to get a big threat on the battlefield.

RCDv57
06-03-2015, 11:12 AM
I was thinking throwing him into a Vennen deck, sac a couple spiderlings, drop Arcane Shield on him. Fun times. Although, I hope there's equipment to make his ability quick. Someone tries to bounce one of your troops with a Buccaneer? Nooooope! Sac it and two others in response. Or sac three to use him as a surprise blocker on your opponents turn. Would go well with Leeches in PvE. :)

Or use the Time offering + Azurefate combo but with the Mill gem. Mill 24 cards, and get some spiders out.
And if you have Terrorantula eggs in their deck... each one you hit is an extra 10 milled cards.

Xenavire
06-03-2015, 11:19 AM
If we're talking about sacing 3 troops + a card to help him survive, I'm pretty sure there's more efficient ways to get a big threat on the battlefield.

Sure, saccing 3 troops is a pain, but the free cast portion is quite powerful. It is a card that will be interesting to toy with, and could find a spot.

Salverus
06-03-2015, 11:21 AM
:-)
keep the spoilers coming
Everytime i see some new replies here i dont know if its just discussion or another card :D

Svenn
06-03-2015, 11:24 AM
I wonder... can you counterspell it if you play it via saccing 3 troops? That would be brutal... turning a counterspell into essentially a 3 card advantage.

Aradon
06-03-2015, 11:26 AM
Yeah, you play the card. It's supposed to use the stack, so it could fall prey to counterspell.

Now to counterspell it with a Shoggoth for ultimate card loss all around!

RCDv57
06-03-2015, 12:11 PM
Yeah, you play the card. It's supposed to use the stack, so it could fall prey to counterspell.

Now to counterspell it with a Shoggoth for ultimate card loss all around!

Or when they counterspell your Doomspore, counter their counter with a shoggoth. Then you should still be able to play 2 counterspells or 3 verdicts, depending on how massive your hand was to start with.

IronPheasant
06-03-2015, 12:19 PM

If you could make the sacrifices sequentially it'd basically make a Shroomshaw into a super one-shot Howling Brave.

Too bad it has to be fed in one go and too bad for the three threshold. And of course too bad for "dies to removal". Still, a fixed Mushwocky at least~

"Not a busted card" is somehow an insult when it comes to legends : /

wolzarg
06-03-2015, 12:24 PM
a fixed Mushwocky
Sums up my thoughts fairly well

Xenavire
06-03-2015, 04:27 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGnDPFiVAAAvmT0.png

This is an interesting one... Ramp into resource denial in set 3 constructed maybe?

nicosharp
06-03-2015, 04:30 PM
Not very interesting or interested... More nosebleed costs for marginal gains. It's gonna suck balls in limited, and have marginal ramp possibilities in constructed... Destructrive Marauder seems more playable if the goal is resource destruction, but this could be a nice precursor to a Marauder drop.. If you happen to have a turn 5 and turn 6 scraptech brawler surfacing.

israel.kendall
06-03-2015, 04:36 PM
He's a cyborg, so I guess he's got that going for him.

Xenavire
06-03-2015, 04:38 PM
He's a cyborg, so I guess he's got that going for him.

Indeed, Robot Dwarf... I hope this becomes a thing. I mean, he gains buffs from everything that would buff a dwarf, or a robot? Sweet. Like Augmentation Bot, which could be something neat to toy with, especially in PvE.

bootlace
06-03-2015, 04:43 PM
Very cool art, very cool flavor..but unfortunately very unplayable.

israel.kendall
06-03-2015, 04:49 PM
Indeed, Robot Dwarf... I hope this becomes a thing. I mean, he gains buffs from everything that would buff a dwarf, or a robot? Sweet. Like Augmentation Bot, which could be something neat to toy with, especially in PvE.

Also with the new Allegiance thing, being both dwarf and robot could be helpful there as well. Not a card I would jump at building with, but I wouldn't discount him entirely until the rest of the set is revealed.

Xenavire
06-03-2015, 04:50 PM
Also with the new Allegiance thing, being both dwarf and robot could be helpful there as well. Not a card I would jump at building with, but I wouldn't discount him entirely until the rest of the set is revealed.

Yeah, the cost is insane, but who knows what we might see - this guy could be on the borderline, or could end up being a legacy favourite for fun decks, or whatever. I can't say it is a 'good' card, but I like it. It's neat.

israel.kendall
06-03-2015, 04:54 PM
Also, I would love to see an AA of him where he actually looks like a cyborg lol

Xenavire
06-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Also, I would love to see an AA of him where he actually looks like a cyborg lol

That sounds badass. Like a terminator vibe.

israel.kendall
06-03-2015, 05:19 PM
That sounds badass. Like a terminator vibe.

I can only find one real cyborg dwarf pic on google images (but he had an Axe), this is sad. Do badass cyborg dwarfs with machine guns not exist yet?

RCDv57
06-03-2015, 05:23 PM
I can only find one real cyborg dwarf pic on google images (but he had an Axe), this is sad. Do badass cyborg dwarfs with machine guns not exist yet?

Captain Ironblood beat people to death using only a cabinet.
He also punched a hydra to death.

Dwarfs dont need no techno-bauble cyberwhatsits.

Axle
06-03-2015, 08:40 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/xstar_no_starx/Balthasar_zpsp5ee3f8z.png

via General's Tent.

Lol.

Translation: When it enters play, Health gain based on highest defense troop. Card draw based on highest attack troop.
... I think.

hex_colin
06-03-2015, 08:44 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/xstar_no_starx/Balthasar_zpsp5ee3f8z.png

via General's Tent.

Lol.

Translation: When it enters play, Health gain based on highest defense troop. Card draw based on highest attack troop.
... I think.

I LOVE that they've gone off "template" for 1 card again. Flavor makes me so happy... :)

Thrawn
06-03-2015, 08:44 PM

ossuary
06-03-2015, 08:46 PM
... I think.

Correct. If the card was worded using standard templating, it would be something like:

"When this enters play, gain health equal to the highest defense among troops you control, then draw cards equal to the highest attack among troops you control."

LeMazing
06-03-2015, 08:48 PM
Pure gold. I can see people getting frustrated at the complicated wording, but I love it. Satyr hype!

Mejis
06-03-2015, 09:08 PM
Pure gold. I can see people getting frustrated at the complicated wording, but I love it. Satyr hype!

Are we assuming the wording will change to be standard with the actual release? This was just for the sake of spoilerdom?

Mejis
06-03-2015, 09:08 PM
I LOVE that they've gone off "template" for 1 card again. Flavor makes me so happy... :)

When did they go off template before?

hex_colin
06-03-2015, 09:10 PM
When did they go off template before?

Gortezuma!

pjvedder
06-03-2015, 09:13 PM
Gortezuma!

And to an extent, The Mushwocky.

RCDv57
06-03-2015, 09:17 PM
First it was Mushawocky.
Then there was Gortezuma.
Now this.
This seems to be escalating out of control.

Set 4 is gonna have a card that just straight up says something like
"Butter got all over my bacon dance, get a fruit bar party."

funktion
06-03-2015, 09:52 PM
The flavor is just so great on it. Going off template with one card each set is something I am beginning to really appreciate. They nailed it this time for sure!

SacrificialToast
06-03-2015, 10:54 PM
This one seems a little much. The previous ones were still easy to parse. This one seems like it'll confuse people.

In other news, this guy seems amazing.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGn2bCCUcAA1vaM.png

nicosharp
06-03-2015, 11:20 PM
While I can appreciate and enjoy the wording on Balthasar, I think it should be flavor text, or clickable in game to see what it really does in lame rule terms.

IronPheasant
06-03-2015, 11:28 PM
I disagree on the front that it enrages a certain sector of the population while being completely harmless (besides having to find out that the Orc doesn't merely simply refuse to block, he's pathologically physically incapable of ever doing so). Fun (tm) is one of the selling points of this game, it having been almost thoroughly and systematically removed from That Other One. I look forward to what crazy escalation awaits us on this front in the future.

Oh: and the card itself is excellent and the type of thing green really needed. Thanks for not making the guy a legend. Also I love that it almost utterly doesn't matter that he's a unique at all. That's adorable.

off template cards

We mustn't forget the luck sacks of mystery. What are they? What do they do? Easily they could have created a rules card that'd pop up when right clicking the bolded text. But that would have killed the spirit of exploration.

Axle
06-03-2015, 11:35 PM
Card itself seems really good. Played on curve he'll be paired with Master Moss on most occasions (+5 health and 5 draw), but if there is ever a deck that can run him and Droo together? Wow.

If they have multiple troops he can't even be stopped unless you counter him it seems.

Vorsa
06-03-2015, 11:57 PM
Mechanized Demolisher
Super-expensive, but I don't think unplayably so; the robot trait makes him eligible for plenty of discounts.
Individually perhaps not game-swinging, but in PvE with 4 other copies of Demolition & some equipment I think he'll be plenty good.

Balthasar
Amazing! Agree he completely fills a wild niche, and delighted he's only rare.

Deathmask Assailant
I love that the devs always include some commons that are clearly top-level game-changers, and this guy definitely is.
Going to be a beast in mono-ruby, but with one threshold he's worth splashing for anyone with a good "when damages champion" effects - and considering all the major gems with such effects, that's basically all shards!

Khazrakh
06-04-2015, 12:16 AM
I just love Balthasar - so much flavor it blows my mind.
The art, the effect, the way he's worded...wonderful!

bootlace
06-04-2015, 12:45 AM
Correct. If the card was worded using standard templating, it would be something like:

"When this enters play, gain health equal to the highest defense among troops you control, then draw cards equal to the highest attack among troops you control."

I thought the terminology in this game was power/toughness and not attack/defense, did this change?

Axle
06-04-2015, 12:49 AM
It's always been attack and defense. To me those are the most natural words for the stats, and HEX went with it. Even YGO uses those. There's also Health which some card games use. Only MTG uses Power/Toughness.

israel.kendall
06-04-2015, 12:49 AM

Pretty sure it only works on guys with instruments, or can sing.