PDA

View Full Version : Speculation: Champion Creation Full PVE

WolfCrypt
05-28-2015, 06:17 AM
So my rational believe is after set 3 we'll get some pve stuff being 'showcased' at least that's what I hope (I'm not very good at this but I really want some pve only cards) Now since double backs aren't linked to AA/EA anymore do you think we'll get anymore changes? I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to char creation and evolving champion artwork. How do you think it'll work? I'm not sure myself also when do you estimate just as a ballpark educated guess they'll release first pve map? I estimate we'll get some more pve stuff within next few months maybe by october? That's just a random guess mind you.

RCDv57
05-28-2015, 06:47 AM
I think its going to be a simple Race/Class selection, and then you pick a character portrait. I'm not sure that the portrait will evolve but if I had to guess I don't think it will.

The big thing is your Keep, and from we've seen that should alter its graphics as you upgrade/level your Keep. you will be able to have many Champions but they all live in your Keep.

Ballpark on first map: If I had to guess by the end of the year, probably around the same time the big 100,000$ tournament hits.

Salverus
05-28-2015, 06:53 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOplnMEvoac

This is pretty much all we know so far, shows part of a skill tree

Scammanator
05-28-2015, 07:10 AM
I think its going to be a simple Race/Class selection, and then you pick a character portrait. I'm not sure that the portrait will evolve but if I had to guess I don't think it will.

I can't imagine them getting rid of the evolving portraits. My impression was that all three stages of progression were requested in a batch for each character portrait. The question is more along the lines of what triggers the portrait evolution. Last we heard, it happened as part of the Might system, so that your heroes would start out at stage 1 in each dungeon, and finish at stage 3. But I get the sense that that's shifted to something else.

I'm also pretty sure that your race/class/gender combination determines your portrait without any further selection. That's already 84 different portraits, each with three stages for a total of 252 pieces of player character art. That's almost a full set's worth. Should be plenty of variety.

No idea on the release date of the first wave of dungeons, but I hope we get the complete set sometime between Sets 4 and 5. The first four sets seem like they'll be a good-sized toolbox for a wide variety of AI decks.

hex_colin
05-28-2015, 09:01 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOplnMEvoac

This is pretty much all we know so far, shows part of a skill tree

This is way out of date... ;)

nicetodd
05-28-2015, 09:04 AM
Colin, how bout you use some of your magic juice to get us a tangible update on the subject. Pleeeze. :)

hex_colin
05-28-2015, 09:08 AM
Colin, how bout you use some of your magic juice to get us a tangible update on the subject. Pleeeze. :)

There's still a lot that hasn't been shared about the upcoming Armies of Myth patch. ;) I'm sure we'll see PVE updates after that...

desk
05-28-2015, 09:29 AM
Colin I both hate and love your teases

Mokog
05-28-2015, 09:38 AM
Keeps would be a nice feature add. Even if they are a cosmetic gold sink I like the idea of adding account personalization. Keep it pretty and keep it unique.

Salverus
05-28-2015, 09:53 AM
This is way out of date... ;)

Yes, but it is all we have or did I miss some secret spoilers somewhere?

Zophie
05-28-2015, 10:08 AM
Yes, but it is all we have or did I miss some secret spoilers somewhere?

You didn't miss any spoilers, but in a more recent interview Cory basically said most of that stuff has changed again now.

Salverus
05-28-2015, 10:15 AM
So now we know less than we knew 9 months ago :( ...
Maybe tomorrows update says something about PvE.

poizonous
05-28-2015, 10:21 AM

doubt youhear anything about PvE till after set 3, such is life, need people to focus on the most current upcoming patch

Saeijou
05-28-2015, 10:23 AM

i bet we will jsut get another spoiler and that there is the VIP weekend... :/

WolfCrypt
05-28-2015, 01:57 PM
Hopefully the dungeon will give you pve cards/gold/equipment/etc every win stead of arena just gold

Zophie
05-28-2015, 02:27 PM
Hopefully the dungeon will give you pve cards/gold/equipment/etc every win stead of arena just gold

Yeah when I backed in the kickstarter I got the impression that the PVE sets would be just as large as the PVP sets and you could almost exclusively build your decks with mostly PVE cards. From what we have right now that's just not possible so I hope there's a ton of PVE cards coming down the pipeline with the dungeon releases.

RCDv57
05-28-2015, 06:37 PM
I would be surprised if PvE had sets.
It seems more of a loot and drops kinda thing.

IronPheasant
05-28-2015, 07:30 PM
I would be surprised if PvE had sets.

What drives me crazy is the expansion symbol on chest spins. Fungi off the spinner should not have the Shards of Fate symbol, they should use the Shattered Destiny icon instead. They should retroactively fix this!

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if PvE had sets. It would be way better for advertising, and if they rotated old cards out like they do for PvP ones, they might actually be worth a little bit of something in the long run.

Personally that's how I'm hedging things with Dream Stags. 300g buyout? Worth speculating on.

Fyren
05-28-2015, 08:33 PM
I'm also pretty sure that your race/class/gender combination determines your portrait without any further selection. That's already 84 different portraits, each with three stages for a total of 252 pieces of player character art. That's almost a full set's worth. Should be plenty of variety.

Wait wait-

(8 races x 2 genders)- 2 uni-gendered races = 14
6 classes

14x6 = 84 x 3 = 252.

Okay, NM. For a moment I thought that sounded odd, but there are only 6 classes, not 8.

IronPheasant
05-30-2015, 08:55 PM
PVP sets

Was thinking about this just now and I'm of the opinion some kind of rotation would be necessary. Whether legality is determined by the PvE game section you're playing in or whatever.

Or else you end up with a situation like in Guild Wars: Using the same exact deck you were using 5 years ago.

Vorsa
05-31-2015, 01:54 AM
Wait wait-

(8 races x 2 genders)- 2 uni-gendered races = 14
6 classes

14x6 = 84 x 3 = 252.

Okay, NM. For a moment I thought that sounded odd, but there are only 6 classes, not 8.

Am I the only person kind of hoping that 'evolving art' is a character feature that was dropped?

Nothing against visual progression per se, but it's a gamble in 2 ways:

1. The 1st appearance ain't so great, but the 3rd is amazing - might never give it a go...
2. The 1st appearance is great, but after levelling you're stuck with a 3rd you don't like so much...

E.g. The basic 'civvies' appearance might be a super spooky undead/beautiful guy or gal/pimpin' dwarf, but the fully armoured 3rd appearance could be a faceless suit of armour - possibly even with pauldrons bigger than their head!
(Always a risk with fantasy art. :p)

If there are 252 character portraits, I really hope they can be previewed (in-game ideally) before/at character creation.

WolfCrypt
05-31-2015, 05:35 AM
If the sample Vennan Cleric is any hint how the art will go I certainly want a fully decked out Lv 3 Coyotle Stormbringer/Spirit Caller/Ranger

RCDv57
05-31-2015, 12:24 PM
Am I the only person kind of hoping that 'evolving art' is a character feature that was dropped?

Nothing against visual progression per se, but it's a gamble in 2 ways:

1. The 1st appearance ain't so great, but the 3rd is amazing - might never give it a go...
2. The 1st appearance is great, but after levelling you're stuck with a 3rd you don't like so much...

E.g. The basic 'civvies' appearance might be a super spooky undead/beautiful guy or gal/pimpin' dwarf, but the fully armoured 3rd appearance could be a faceless suit of armour - possibly even with pauldrons bigger than their head!
(Always a risk with fantasy art. :p)

If there are 252 character portraits, I really hope they can be previewed (in-game ideally) before/at character creation.

I'm with you, 3 Variants for each combination sounds much better than being locked into one that changes.
That way my Vennen Warloc isn't always the same all the other Vennen Warloc's.
Also has the added benefit of it being easier to add in more portraits, should they feel the need to do so.