PDA

View Full Version : HEX Update - Elven Evolution

Shaqattaq
05-29-2015, 11:49 AM
This week, we're showing you some of the new ways you can play with Elves as we visit the forest of Ashwood.

https://www.hextcg.com/hex-update-elven-evolution/ ‎

ShayJawn
05-29-2015, 11:57 AM
sweet

Kami
05-29-2015, 12:02 PM
The Ashwood where many love to say where. :stormcloud:

Kamino72
05-29-2015, 12:02 PM
Amazing art ! Elves were boring, too much classical, but now they are very very cool !

Azzer
05-29-2015, 12:05 PM
First look at a new champion as well, pretty sweet.

I love what you guys do, the art, the flavor text, the spoilers the everything, thank you for this game.

RCDv57
05-29-2015, 12:09 PM
I guess the shameless Ad at the end is just the price of doing business huh?

Edswor
05-29-2015, 12:10 PM
Great cards and art. Love to see more "darker" elves.

dogmod
05-29-2015, 12:27 PM

I haven't seen many ads that have shame.

FoundInTheFlood
05-29-2015, 12:44 PM
Hm. I don't understand that champion. Cards have summoning sickness, so if you bring out an elf with him, it can never attack, just block 1 turn. Or is it just meant to have a chance of getting 1 more ruby shard? but then it's not really that good for 4 ... Can s1 explain?

Whye
05-29-2015, 12:46 PM
Hm. I don't understand that champion. Cards have summoning sickness, so if you bring out an elf with him, it can never attack, just block 1 turn. Or is it just meant to have a chance of getting 1 more ruby shard? but then it's not really that good for 4 ... Can s1 explain?

Discard only applies to cards in your hand, so if you play it, it wont die at the end of turn.

Raith
05-29-2015, 12:48 PM
My impression is that if it's in play you can't discard it. :)

Ruby elves are looking cool.

RCDv57
05-29-2015, 12:50 PM
I haven't seen many ads that have shame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V9lUwAfdpE

loopholist3
05-29-2015, 01:01 PM
The Ashwoods clearly don't love us as much as the braves. They don't give us a threshold.

Vorsa
05-29-2015, 01:02 PM
Creepy elves! Did not see that coming.

That looks an exciting new theme for ruby; could breathe new life into the likes of Ash Harpy and Rampaging Tarasque. :)

dogmod
05-29-2015, 01:03 PM
Humor and shame are not exactly the same thing. Funny ad though :)

Limited so far looks like it may be very tribal again

Axle
05-29-2015, 01:22 PM
Nothing wrong with the ad. It was put at the end of the article and wasn't invasive at all. All the relevant information was already stated. If it happened every week, maybe that would be silly, but nah.

Ruby elves do seem neat, but I'll need to see their stronger cards.

Lefto
05-29-2015, 02:04 PM
EA Maestro might win you some games if your opponent fixates too much on the flute girl's tits instead of the game, other than that I'm unimpressed :p

Cory_Jones
05-29-2015, 02:06 PM

Believe it our not Gameforge works VERY hard to help make HEX a success, and the dedicated team working on HEX at Gameforge love it as much as anyone working on the game here in Irvine. I know the people that worked on Sigils and how much the game means to them, the game is fun, so we decided to call it out both as support for the guys that made it and Gameforge for publishing it.

remember REAL people make these games, they love them, believe in them and have worked very hard to bring them into existence. Being critical is your right as a consumer, but some empathy toward the people that create things is a worthy effort :)

ThomasHunter
05-29-2015, 02:14 PM
Believe it our not Gameforge works VERY hard to help make HEX a success, and the dedicated team working on HEX at Gameforge love it as much as anyone working on the game here in Irvine. I know the people that worked on Sigils and how much the game means to them, the game is fun, so we decided to call it out both as support for the guys that made it and Gameforge for publishing it.

remember REAL people make these games, they love them, believe in them and have worked very hard to bring them into existence. Being critical is your right as a consumer, but some empathy toward the people that create things is a worthy effort :)

Yet another reason (in the long line of reasons) to love this guy and HexEnt! Yeah, I agree. A little kindness goes a long way. I've been working on this aspect in my life the last couple of years. It's nice that my wife has seen a difference.

The kicker? Being nice doesn't really even cost anything. Go forth with kindness!:D

Xenavire
05-29-2015, 04:35 PM

I want to second this - the guys at Gameforge are great people. I work closely with a fair few of them, and they work hard and are good fun when things are quiet.

rjselzler
05-29-2015, 05:12 PM
That blademaster seems sweet in limited as a stackable, elven pseudo-command tower. Not bad at all.

Drake6k
05-29-2015, 07:55 PM
I'm very excited for Ruby Elves and I hope they don't turn out garbage, kinda like how 3-shard Humans has been so far.

Ashwood Maestro is the rare and also the most disappointing of the 3 for me; while the others seem good, Maestro helps the opponent so freaking much before he helps you (unless you make him a quick-troop somehow...) that I don't see how he's going to be very playable. Ruby and Wild both suffer from bad removal of large troops and both have resource acceleration. So, I guess Ruby and Wild need some huge bomb (4-6 cost range) troops that they can realistically ramp into. I'm hoping for a 4-5 cost legendary bomb troop (think Angel of Dawn, Master Moss, Vampire King, Reese) in Ruby that becomes a higher money card and wins a lot of games.

Gwaer
05-29-2015, 11:06 PM
I checked out sigils, seems pretty okay.

Mahes
05-30-2015, 07:16 AM
I checked out sigils, seems pretty okay.

That sounds like when a woman says that a guy is "Nice".

Boogaloo
05-30-2015, 11:57 AM
That sounds like when a woman says that a guy is "Nice".

At least it's not described as 'interesting' - that's the most back handed compliment you can give anything, in my experience.

Xenavire
05-30-2015, 12:26 PM
At least it's not described as 'interesting' - that's the most back handed compliment you can give anything, in my experience.

Considering I only use that word to describe things that I genuinely find interesting, I object! :p

Then again, I am 'interesting' (see what I did there? I need a new hobby...)