PDA

View Full Version : AA Buccaneer Sleeves

YourOpponent
05-29-2015, 07:51 PM
How exactly do people get the AA Buccaneer Sleeves? I see people giving them away time to time in contests, but just really curious since they look REALLY good.

Xenavire
05-29-2015, 07:59 PM
They were handed out at RPC (Role play convention) in Germany. Best bet is offer to buy them or try to win some.

israel.kendall
05-29-2015, 10:53 PM
I wish there were in game support for trading sleeve codes. Like a COD that confirms the code and locks until COD is paid or expires or something. Finding someone trustworthy to buy codes from can be difficult.

ossuary
05-30-2015, 04:08 AM
The whole point of sleeves is being untradeable, though. If you want to subvert that, you're going outside of the game to do it. How would it make sense to then build support into the game for it? ;)

israel.kendall
05-30-2015, 07:44 AM
The whole point of sleeves is being untradeable, though. If you want to subvert that, you're going outside of the game to do it. How would it make sense to then build support into the game for it? ;)

You're telling me the point of sleeve codes is to be untradable? Going to have a hard time convincing me of that one.

darkwonders
05-30-2015, 07:53 AM
especially considering hex streamers have been giving them away on the official hex channel. Sending mix messages when they're allowing stuff like that.

ossuary
05-30-2015, 08:09 AM
You're telling me the point of sleeve codes is to be untradable? Going to have a hard time convincing me of that one.

I never said sleeve codes. I said SLEEVES. They don't want the sleeves to be traded from person to person, so it's against the entire principle for them to provide a system-supported method to move codes between people. It will never happen.

Kami
05-30-2015, 08:11 AM
Psst... frequent the smaller streams. *tends to stream bomb and currently has one spare Buccaneer sleeve code to giveaway in the future*

kaiizza
05-30-2015, 08:19 AM
I never said sleeve codes. I said SLEEVES. They don't want the sleeves to be traded from person to person, so it's against the entire principle for them to provide a system-supported method to move codes between people. It will never happen.

Boy Oss, just never can be wrong in that head of yours can you. You meant sleeves. Sleeve codes are sleeves. so you ment sleeve codes as well. Come on man, get your head some fresh air and stop with this "I art higher then everyone else" crap. Yes I am speaking more general about you overall behavior. Good day sir.

ossuary
05-30-2015, 09:25 AM
Boy Oss, just never can be wrong in that head of yours can you. You meant sleeves. Sleeve codes are sleeves. so you ment sleeve codes as well. Come on man, get your head some fresh air and stop with this "I art higher then everyone else" crap. Yes I am speaking more general about you overall behavior. Good day sir.

It's funny when people cop an attitude to complain about supposed attitude from others. Kindly do not put words into my mouth. :)

As I responded to israel, I never said sleeve codes. People can do whatever the hell they want with codes, at their own risk. CZE is never going to provide a system-supported and -protected method to transfer them from one person to another, which was the point of my original response in this thread. The grey market is the grey market. Caveat emptor.

HTH. HAND.

israel.kendall
05-30-2015, 11:48 AM

The principle only exists in your mind, as proven by the existence of sleeve codes and the encouragement from HEXEnt to trade them.

Also, I had specifically stated "codes", and it would only be beneficial to the community to prevent scams. There is no drawback to implementing a trading system for the codes, except the normal tired excuses about development time and priorities. But I'm not saying to prioritize this, just that it would be beneficial.

rjselzler
05-30-2015, 01:32 PM
The principle only exists in your mind, as proven by the existence of sleeve codes and the encouragement from HEXEnt to trade them.

Also, I had specifically stated "codes", and it would only be beneficial to the community to prevent scams. There is no drawback to implementing a trading system for the codes, except the normal tired excuses about development time and priorities. But I'm not saying to prioritize this, just that it would be beneficial.

I hope that the system of codes in general is just a stop gap mechanism and sleeves end up being a true you-had-to-use-your-account reward for various cool things (win at a con, play during the holidays, deify plums, whatever). I'm probably in the minority though. :)

Severim
05-31-2015, 01:08 PM
They should just make sleeves trade-able like anything else, so if you win additional sets on chest rolling you can sell them and such.
I don't see a reason why you shouldn't be able to trade them, if you can trade exclusive AA's and Mercs etc you should be able to trade sleeves.