PDA

View Full Version : *Epic Spell Wars* Question on "Cashed-in"

CaptPlanet
05-31-2015, 09:21 PM
The card "Cashed-In" says that it gives a treasure to every player without a treasure, and then if you pay 8 blood, it "deals 2 damage to each foe for each treasure in play". In our six-player game, two players started out with treasures (from Dead Wizard/Reaction cards), and one of those players went first and drew a third treasure. The second player (who had the two treasures) then played Cashed-In, paying the blood.

By strict interpretation, this seems like it would do 20 damage (because the other players each drew one treasure) to every player. In other words, he instantly won the game on the second spell against five other players.

Is this crazy overpowered interpretation correct? Or should it really be "deal two damage to every foe for every treasure THEY OWN"? I know Epic Spell Wars isn't suppose to be a fair game, but that just seems way ridiculous - it's not even a cool spell combo, it's just one card luck.

Thanks!

Matt_Hyra
06-01-2015, 01:23 AM
That would do 20.
One card luck, that was preceded by the luck of extra Treasures being in play, and the luck of having 8 spare Blood hanging around, and being dealt that card. I love it when a plan comes together.

There are some big hits in Epic II for sure. That's why there are Creatures to block that 20... or Reactions to block that 20 or defy death.

CaptPlanet
06-05-2015, 09:40 AM
Understood. I guess I was thrown by the fact that this card ensures everyone has a treasure, meaning in a 6-player game you could do 12 damage to everyone on round 1, before any spells have been played and any Creatures could be summoned to block. Likewise, in our 6-player game, we found that everyone had a ton of blood by game 3, so that wasn't much coincidence either. I guess we could have tried to predict an instant 20->0 death and played a Reaction, but that also seems crazy.

In any case, thanks for the reply. In 5-6 player games it's so good, we may just house-rule remove it.