PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion regarding VIP Constructed report-out

nicosharp
06-01-2015, 12:11 PM
When the VIP Constructed deck-lists are shared, could there also be a break down of all Champions played by Queue?
Very curious to hear how many Bertrams were in the Saturday 9pm PDT tournament.
If the shard types could be identified as well, that would be amazing.

IndigoShade
06-01-2015, 12:52 PM
I can't help with the decklist for the whole tournament, or even for a 4-0 deck because I quit after 2 wins. I can however tell you both games I played were against mono sapphire, one with Betram the other ran Wyat. I won both with a mono blood darkspire deck using Bunoshi, then went to bed because work on Sunday :( Those TPS reports don't file themselves.

nicosharp
06-01-2015, 01:00 PM
I also played mono blood bunoshi :) (for 2 out of 3 vips)
grats on your 2 wins. I faced only 2 Bertrams with my Bunoshi deck out of 8. 1/4
Alternative, playing mono ruby I faced 4 out of 4 Bertrams, all dwarf/robot affinity.

Elwinz
06-01-2015, 01:21 PM
if we are about Darkspire deck may i have dekc list? i think i am closest from all competeotve dekcs to it ( besides dwarf agro)
I have tyrants extinctcs inquisitors etc . only 2 vks tough so far

nicosharp
06-01-2015, 01:27 PM
if we are about Darkspire deck may i have dekc list? i think i am closest from all competeotve dekcs to it ( besides dwarf agro)
I have tyrants extinctcs inquisitors etc . only 2 vks tough so far
This is what I played. Not a cheap deck, but is fairly solid. Biggest weakness is neglected removal for constants/artifacts.

Mono Blood - Bunoshi
4x darkspire priestess
4x darkspire punisher
4x giant corpse fly
3x monsuun
4x vampire king
2x darkspire tyrant
3x kog'thepal thirst
4x extinction
2x life siphon
2x Terrible Transfer
4x zombie plague
24x blood shard

reserves:
4x xentoths inquisitor
3x murder
4x Paladin of the Necropolis
3x withering touch
1x kog'thepals thirst

Elwinz
06-01-2015, 01:31 PM
is zombie plague there in main deck and murder in side becaise of dwarf agro? :) Ugh yeah pretty expesive

kog'tephals curse? is there such a card even?

magic_gazz
06-01-2015, 01:38 PM
I would bet quite a lot as Bertram is used by mono sapphire (and 2 shard versions) and dwarves.

There did seem to be an increase in the number of people playing Tetzot, trying to get Azurefate in play then activate his ability for big damage.

Xenavire
06-01-2015, 01:39 PM
is zombie plague there in main deck and murder in side becaise of dwarf agro? :) Ugh yeah pretty expesive

kog'tephals curse? is there such a card even?

I think he means thirst (the +3/-1 and bloodx4: draw a card).

Xenavire
06-01-2015, 01:40 PM
I would bet quite a lot as Bertram is used by mono sapphire (and 2 shard versions) and dwarves.

There did seem to be an increase in the number of people playing Tetzot, trying to get Azurefate in play then activate his ability for big damage.

Wait, really? Because I had never seen that deck until a few weeks ago when I took it into the PG and gave a fair few people quite a shock. Did it turn out any good? :p

KingGabriel
06-01-2015, 01:42 PM
Not a big fan of ctrl+F, nico?

nicosharp
06-01-2015, 01:43 PM
I think he means thirst (the +3/-1 and bloodx4: draw a card).

Yeah, sorry, typed earlier from memory.

nicosharp
06-01-2015, 01:44 PM
Not a big fan of ctrl+F, nico?
Find? Sorry, you got me, not sure what this is in reference to?

magic_gazz
06-01-2015, 01:45 PM
Wait, really? Because I had never seen that deck until a few weeks ago when I took it into the PG and gave a fair few people quite a shock. Did it turn out any good? :p

It seemed ok from what I saw but I doubt it is top tier as it is relying on a 2 toughness guy and a RNG ability.

Xenavire
06-01-2015, 01:48 PM
It seemed ok from what I saw but I doubt it is top tier as it is relying on a 2 toughness guy and a RNG ability.

Yeah, I had to mix in wild for spellshield, and ran ramp+fatties (master moss, a few others.) It worked just fine, but I didn't feel it was competitive, which is why I am surprised there were some in the VIP. :p

IndigoShade
06-01-2015, 01:49 PM

Probably just that you could search "Bunoshi" for example and see all the decks using that champ even if they aren't sorted as such.

magic_gazz
06-01-2015, 01:51 PM
Yeah, I had to mix in wild for spellshield, and ran ramp+fatties (master moss, a few others.) It worked just fine, but I didn't feel it was competitive, which is why I am surprised there were some in the VIP. :p

Oh what you are talking about sounds similar to an old deck that put up some numbers in some of the community tournaments.

The ones I faced were all ruby/sapphire and therefore probably just worse (more random) versions of ruby/sapphire control.

Xenavire
06-01-2015, 01:55 PM
Oh what you are talking about sounds similar to an old deck that put up some numbers in some of the community tournaments.

The ones I faced were all ruby/sapphire and therefore probably just worse (more random) versions of ruby/sapphire control.

I know the one you mean - wild/ruby/saph mastermoss azurefate, in the diamond cup. It ended up that way because I needed a way to protect the azurefate, not because I wanted moss, but there was literally no reason not to add moss once I added wild. :p

The concept was originally saph/ruby tetzot/azurefate, and it worked fine when azurefate wasn't insta-killed.

nicosharp
06-01-2015, 01:55 PM
Probably just that you could search "Bunoshi" for example and see all the decks using that champ even if they aren't sorted as such.
I think not... the VIP decklist posts have never included all decklists in a queue - they usually just have the top 4-0 undefeated decklists. That is not what this post was asking for/suggesting.

Incindium
06-01-2015, 02:00 PM
I was a game short of going 4-0 losing to Hacky with my mono wild deck. 2-1 vs Bertram decks and 1-0 vs a Gralk deck in VIP.

Svenn
06-01-2015, 02:30 PM
I played 2 VIP tournaments. I went 3-1 in both. I played 7 (SEVEN) dwarf decks out of 8 matches. All 7 were running Reese. They all were using Bertram. The one deck that wasn't running dwarves was a Blood Diamond deck running Relentless Corruption, AoDs, and VKs, and they beat me to go 4-0.

This is exactly why I don't play constructed though. It's so damn boring with all the same deck.

magic_gazz
06-01-2015, 02:40 PM
I played 2 VIP tournaments. I went 3-1 in both. I played 7 (SEVEN) dwarf decks out of 8 matches. All 7 were running Reese. They all were using Bertram. The one deck that wasn't running dwarves was a Blood Diamond deck running Relentless Corruption, AoDs, and VKs, and they beat me to go 4-0.

This is exactly why I don't play constructed though. It's so damn boring with all the same deck.

Is kind of random though and you were just at the unlucky end of it.

I faced over 3 events
Mono Sapphire
Dwarves
Ruby/Sapphire Tetzot
Jank Bot
Mono Blood
Blood/Diamond
Ruby/Diamond (Cirrous deck)

That's 7 different decks over 12 rounds, so not bad at all really.

Edit: The fact that Reese goes in 4 out of the 7 decks though says something else.

ossuary
06-01-2015, 02:41 PM

Netdeckers are lazy. We have a lot of netdeckers. Therefore, a lot of duplicate decks. :)

I always love seeing the current "best" deck that 75% of everyone runs, because my monoblood denial is almost always the perfect counter to it. ;)

KingGabriel
06-01-2015, 02:44 PM
Push the buttons: control and F together. It pulls up a find tool. If you search for a name, it will show the amount of results.

magic_gazz
06-01-2015, 02:50 PM
Netdeckers are lazy. We have a lot of netdeckers. Therefore, a lot of duplicate decks. :)

I always love seeing the current "best" deck that 75% of everyone runs, because my monoblood denial is almost always the perfect counter to it. ;)

I feel that is a false assumption and kind of sounds like "netdecking" is a bad thing.

It is not lazy to take the best version of the best deck, it is an admission that other players are better at building decks.

Why would someone not good at building decks but wanting to win, build their own deck? That's asking for losses.

Now if building your own deck means more to you than winning that is your prerogative, but some people prefer winning.

If you are one of the few people that can build decks and win, then congratulations that is a very rare combination. Just don't expect everybody to be the same.

magic_gazz
06-01-2015, 02:50 PM
Push the buttons: control and F together. It pulls up a find tool. If you search for a name, it will show the amount of results.

He asked about a specific event though. The article they publish just posts 4-0 decks and not all the decks and what events they were in.

KingGabriel
06-01-2015, 03:07 PM
He asked about a specific event though. The article they publish just posts 4-0 decks and not all the decks and what events they were in.
Seems a lot more useful to just have the 4-0's to me.

nicosharp
06-01-2015, 03:16 PM
I know how to use the find key.... that is why I said "Find?". It's not what I was asking for, and it is not more useful to just have 4-0's. It's a snapshot of the meta, and a quick cut of preferences by queue time.

Incindium
06-01-2015, 07:00 PM
I like playing my own decks personally... You only need to 2 wins to get good value out of VIP Constructed so its worked out well so far.

magic_gazz
06-01-2015, 08:51 PM

More information would not be a bad thing.

Would be interested to see what decks are performing better than others based on the number of people playing those decks.

If only 5 guys play mono blood for example and all go 4-0, while 100 people play mono sapphire and only 20 go 4-0, that might tell us something that we would otherwise not know.

desk
06-02-2015, 04:15 AM
I played mono blood, went 4-0 ( 2 mono blood, ruby/sapphire tetzot, dwarf/robot) in one vip and 2-2 (3 mono sapphire, 1 dwarf robot) in the other.

Pheelon
06-02-2015, 07:03 AM

went 4-0 and 3-1 ;) with a variant off JJs List. (and slacked off at 1-3 the 2 Times i used MonoS and MonoR respectivly...)

Xenavire
06-02-2015, 07:06 AM
went 4-0 and 3-1 ;)

Wow, impressive.

Pheelon
06-02-2015, 07:08 AM
Wow, impressive.

was definitly fun - especially vs B/D - hah you boxed my Droo? thx - azurefate, time ripple :P

ossuary
06-02-2015, 07:51 AM
with a variant off JJs List.

Link? I'm always interested in seeing how people find good ways to make the less popular champions effective. :)

Especially since it often gives me even crazier ideas for my jank decks. ;)

Pheelon
06-02-2015, 08:10 AM
Link? I'm always interested in seeing how people find good ways to make the less popular champions effective. :)

Especially since it often gives me even crazier ideas for my jank decks. ;)

its on our internal forums - but my variant should be on the 4-0 VIP Lists shortly anyway ;)

Pheelon
06-04-2015, 07:36 AM
and JJ wrote an articel about the deck - http://fiveshards.com/deck-tech-azurefate-outlaw-combo/