PDA

View Full Version : Multiventing? Will Hex have it?

Sparrow
06-01-2015, 03:25 PM
I haven't played that many sealed events, but I've noted that in the ones I've participated in, compared to MTGO the rounds end well before the max allotted time. Since the games seem to go about the same length in turns as Magic sealed and Hex is at least as complex as Magic, the only thing I can chalk this up to is a lack of multiventing.

While I'm a proponent -- in the strongest of terms -- of a player's clock time being theirs to use as they choose, I have to say that I'm liking that Hex has no multiventing as I'm someone that would rarely use the feature if it was available, thus always being on the losing end of that kind of feature in terms of having to wait longer than I'd like.

Are we going to see multiventing in the future? Is this something people want in the game?

Selanius
06-01-2015, 03:31 PM
I don't have a strong opinion on running multiple events at the same time, but I think it is a CRITICAL feature to let people browse the AH, check mail, etc, while between rounds.

Sparrow
06-01-2015, 03:43 PM
Definitely.

Thinking about it, I'd probably take advantage of multiventing if it meant I could play PVE while in a PVP match, so maybe it doesn't matter much either way for me if they allow it for PVP as well.

Saeijou
06-01-2015, 03:45 PM
Well... to distracting for competetive events... but running arena and browsing the AH in between could be nice :)

KingGabriel
06-01-2015, 03:48 PM
It's been stated that they'd like to be able to have players have the option to play PvE in-between rounds and for it to auto-save progress.