PDA

View Full Version : Xentoth's Male Counterpart

Erukk
06-02-2015, 01:41 AM
http://i.imgur.com/jA2p2YF.png

A little lore nugget snuck by in from one of the last preview's favor text. It would seem that Vennen scripture states that Xentoth has a husband/male counterpart, and he doesn't seem all that enthusiastic about sharing power with her as well.

Hints of possible infighting in the Vennen somewhere in the past or possible future? It could possible explain why the majority of Vennen are so dead set on only using blood, the magic of their mother Xentoth. Other magics, including the now seen sapphire wielding Vennen, might be the style of Xentoth counterpart Xythnin, and Xentoth can't allow such thoughts to spread amongst her child or else they might convert to the worship of another.

Either way, I enjoy this new development in the Vennen, no matter how small it might be. They are turning out to be one of my favorite races so far, but they seemed to be most woefully monolithic. This little point of conflict of an opposing view in their religion added a bit of spice to them that I needed.

Hopefully we'll find out more about Xythnin later now. :D

Scammanator
06-02-2015, 05:21 AM
I bet that Xentoth ate him.

Erukk
06-02-2015, 05:46 AM

That would be amusing. ;)

Though, I'm guessing he's a primal of some sort since he's claiming to be at least her equal. I would imagine that a battle between them (or any two Primals really) would be slightly catastrophic, even more so with Xentoth being the Primal of Blood. I doubt she would care much about any sort of collateral damage their battle might inflict.

Scammanator
06-02-2015, 05:55 AM
That would be amusing. ;)

Though, I'm guessing he's a primal of some sort since he's claiming to be at least her equal. I would imagine that a battle between them (or any two Primals really) would be slightly catastrophic, even more so with Xentoth being the Primal of Blood. I doubt she would care much about any sort of collateral damage their battle might inflict.

I put primals on a power-level of the Greek gods. And they ate each other all of the time.

Besides it would also be Xentoth's style to just poison him to knock him unconscious, then eat him. No need for a pesky battle.

Plot-twist: Xentoth is stuck with a bit of the poison in her system after eating him, which is a weakness kept secret by the Vennen high priests.

Erukk
06-02-2015, 06:27 AM
I put primals on a power-level of the Greek gods. And they ate each other all of the time.

Besides it would also be Xentoth's style to just poison him to knock him unconscious, then eat him. No need for a pesky battle.

Plot-twist: Xentoth is stuck with a bit of the poison in her system after eating him, which is a weakness kept secret by the Vennen high priests.

I don't know. Primals are said to be "extraordinarily difficult to kill". If she ate him Cronus style, he might still be swimming around in there alive with that ancient orc raiding party and who knows what else.

Scammanator
06-02-2015, 07:47 AM
I don't know. Primals are said to be "extraordinarily difficult to kill". If she ate him Cronus style, he might still be swimming around in there alive with that ancient orc raiding party and who knows what else.

I'm comfortable with that.

RCDv57
06-02-2015, 12:36 PM

Thats what you get for telling your woman to sit down and shut up.

Scammanator
06-02-2015, 02:25 PM
Thats what you get for telling your woman to sit down and shut up.

Precisely. I can't possibly imagine Xentoth letting anyone get away with that sort of talk.

N3rd4Christ
06-02-2015, 03:19 PM
"woman make me an Orc sammich"
- Xentoths Spouse's Last Words

RCDv57
06-02-2015, 03:41 PM
Another interesting thing of Note are the Spider Kings.
Apparently, by Vennen and Xythin's standards they ruled all of Entrath.

Who are these Spider kings?

Erukk
06-03-2015, 01:13 AM
Another interesting thing of Note are the Spider Kings.
Apparently, by Vennen and Xythin's standards they ruled all of Entrath.

Who are these Spider kings?

Though, they could possible be something else, I'm guessing that the "Spider Kings" just might be Xythnin's term for the Vennen. It's supposedly a direct quote from him so I doubt the Vennen scribes didn't see a need to change it.

RCDv57
06-03-2015, 08:21 AM
I really hope that a Spider Kings are big Shelobb type monsters or a Vennen King.
"Spider King" sound way cooler than "Grand inquisitor" or "Council of Silken thread" is all.
*plus queen grace needs a new plaything*

200,000 years is a really long time, so the Vennen could have gone through many different forms of government in the past.

KingGabriel
06-05-2015, 01:54 AM
Hopefully this culminates in a fight between the azure sapphire using vennen and the blood ones. Would be neat.

Erukk
06-05-2015, 08:15 AM
Hopefully this culminates in a fight between the azure sapphire using vennen and the blood ones. Would be neat.

I'm hoping we'll get some more information on the sapphire Vennen soon, because it's kinda hard to get a good feel for them at the moment. From the spoilers we've seen so far, the sapphire Vennen seemingly have a good presence amongst their population, but this seems to conflict a bit with their previously stated lore about their "blood magic exclusivity". That and anyone who doesn't follow these rules being heretics that need to be put to death.

KingGabriel
06-05-2015, 11:00 AM
I'm hoping we'll get some more information on the sapphire Vennen soon, because it's kinda hard to get a good feel for them at the moment. From the spoilers we've seen so far, the sapphire Vennen seemingly have a good presence amongst their population, but this seems to conflict a bit with their previously stated lore about their "blood magic exclusivity". That and anyone who doesn't follow these rules being heretics that need to be put to death.
I'd imagine they are powerful so are seen as useful... for the moment. But as soon as progress starts to be made there's going to be a civil war. imo. :P

WolfCrypt
06-06-2015, 10:46 PM
I love Lore and nice to see a guy god in a all reverse harem race.... >.>

Erukk
06-14-2015, 02:29 AM
I really hope that a Spider Kings are big Shelobb type monsters or a Vennen King.
"Spider King" sound way cooler than "Grand inquisitor" or "Council of Silken thread" is all.
*plus queen grace needs a new plaything*

200,000 years is a really long time, so the Vennen could have gone through many different forms of government in the past.

http://www.hexprimal.com/wp-content/uploads/SpiderNestG.jpg

Spider Kings confirmed to be different than Vennen. I guess we'll have to wait for the Arachnomicon to be finished to fully figure out what happened to them.

WolfCrypt
06-14-2015, 08:50 AM
Its possible "rule" is a self proclaimed title.

Erukk
06-14-2015, 09:31 AM
Its possible "rule" is a self proclaimed title.

Most in likely, since the Spider Kings probably share the Vennen's horrible amount of self-entitled obnoxiousness.

There is another part of the Arachinomnomnomicon in a recently spoiled card that tells their fate though...

http://www.hexprimal.com/wp-content/uploads/ZealousExcruciatorG.jpg

So, obviously, the Spider Kings were (most in likely) wiped out somehow. Civil war? Xentoth and Xythnin's divorce proceeding got a bit bloody? Both? Hopefully the full card spoiler will come soon. These tiny bits and pieces of the story are killing me. :o

Erukk
06-14-2015, 09:46 AM
Of course, right when I post something another spoiler hits...

http://i.imgur.com/yeHwlSD.png

If the Arachnomicon is in order timeline wise, that puts the Spider Kings birth, reign, (possible civil war because Mommy and Daddy Spider are fighting?), and death a good amount of time before the Vennen are even conceived. And since the Vennen are said to be beings of pure Blood Magic, that could imply that the Spider Kings were mixed "blood" as it were. Xythnin most likely being more sapphire aligned.

Still begs the question though, if Xentoth and the Vennen are so against using other magics, why are all these Vennen using sapphire spells?

WolfCrypt
06-14-2015, 10:21 AM
I'm interested in the lore as I see Vennn as the most evil so naturally I'm going to be intrigued by them as antagonists even to Underworld Incursion but frankly I can care less about their zealotisim lol. So don't look at me about the hypocrisy. But if I were to give an explanation my best guess is "Blood Xenthoth's Vennen." "Sapphire Xintyhn's Vennen."

Erukk
06-14-2015, 11:34 AM
Depending on what the rest of the Archnomicon says, I'm starting to think the zealotry of the Vennen is mostly Xentoth's doing. It keeps them single-minded, xenophobic, and more importantly so utterly devoted to her that they would never betray her. I'm wondering if this is a reaction to what happened to her first children, the Spider Kings.

Horrible amount of theorycrafting (and possible future headcanon) ahead....

The Spider Kings were supposedly allowed to spread across Entrath doing whatever they please, but when Xythnin started to buck at Xentoth's rule, this possibly caused the race to split on which side and parent to support. Obviously, something happened, and what we got at the end of the day was Xythnin being MIA, the Spider Kings (her firstborns) wiped out, and Xentoth being the soul remaining being left standing. So when the ancient orc raiding party descends into her lair some long unknown amount of time afterwards, she decides to give birth to more children, but this time she'll make sure she won't repeat the same mistake she made with her firstborns.

There will be no father to split her children's attention and loyalties.
There will be no females to allow the Vennen to grow and spread on their own.
She will be worshipped so that her words are absolute and unquestionable.
Outsiders are heretics that should be killed for they are a danger and carry thoughts that would turn her children against her.
But most of all, they shall all be utterly reliant on her. For their race, their religion, their everything.

I'm probably reading much to into this, and i'll have a laugh if upcoming spoilers debunk all of this, but Xentoth is the mother that will never let go. Some horrible past event scarred her so deeply that she will do anything and everything to keep the ones that she "loves" under her care, protection, and control... forever. Even if it means turning them into a race of sadistic monsters the entire world will hate. She will do so because she thinks if she doesn't, they'll turn around and leave her, betray her, or die just like her firstborns did.

It's just so sad and completely and utterly horrific on her part if that's true. Of course, that makes her my new favorite Primal now. Sorry Titania!

WolfCrypt
06-14-2015, 11:50 AM
Erukk that entire thoery makes me like the Vennen just a teensy bit more.

Scammanator
06-15-2015, 01:17 PM
Yeah, Erukk, a lot of that makes sense.

I'm adopting your head-canon. :D

RCDv57
06-18-2015, 08:40 AM
I think I know what happend

https://hextcg.com/wp-content/themes/hex/images/autocard/Painbreeder.png

Erukk
06-18-2015, 09:37 AM
I'm guess the Spider Kings might have sided with Xythnin in the end. Probably no civil war, but the sad back half of my theory is still possible.

WolfCrypt
06-19-2015, 07:19 AM
I'm guess the Spider Kings might have sided with Xythnin in the end. Probably no civil war, but the sad back half of my theory is still possible.

What I got from that was she was ticked off she had children wuth Xy and just killed them regardless. I feel they were his kids was the main point nothing else.

Erukk
06-19-2015, 08:02 PM
What I got from that was she was ticked off she had children wuth Xy and just killed them regardless. I feel they were his kids was the main point nothing else.

I think it goes a bit deeper than that.

Arachnomicon 10-14 almost sound like a crime of passion, and to me, Xentoth calling the Spider Kings Xythnin's bastards were her way of trying to rationalize her actions to herself after she killed them. If you look closely, you would see that she only called that after she killed them and her husband while she was in a state of rage. Then she retreats to her lair and vows to spend the rest of eternity alone. Which could be read as an act of remorse, because if she truly felt the Spider Kings and Xythnin got what they deserved, why would she punish herself in such a way with a self imposed exile?

I would probably say that she's horrible but not totally heartless.