PDA

View Full Version : Two headed MODE?

Vitaminer
06-02-2015, 08:02 AM
I would really like to play two headead. I've played MTGO for 6-7 years and thats my go to format. What is yours?

vickrpg
06-02-2015, 08:23 AM
I like 2v2 modes. I also liked "Emperor" 3v3, or large FFAs with "Spheres of influence" (you can only attack 1 person left/right, target 2 people left, right)

We also played a format called "Zombie" or "Necromancer" Where you have a FFA game of at least 4 People, and when someone dies to somone else's spell/attack they restart the game as a "zombie" with 5 health on your team.

Kami
06-02-2015, 08:35 AM
Any multiplayer format is fun for me as long as there is a lot of interaction between players, especially close and crazy games.

The most boring games are the ones where only one player is doing anything and it's entirely one-sided.

RCDv57
06-02-2015, 08:46 AM
They were talking about this feature before alpha.
It sounds like they've done some testing with the feature, but had some problems.
The main problem from what I understand is that turns took a really long time.
Probably due to the priority system.

That said I really want this feature, as my brother is a big Co-Op guy.
A 2v2 mode is probably the only way I can my brother to play this game with me.

desk
06-02-2015, 08:57 AM
I'd be happy with any co-op modes, the more the better. I have a couple of friends I won't be able to get to play until we can play together.

Svenn
06-02-2015, 10:09 AM
I can't wait for 3+ player modes. I really want a FFA mode to play with some friends. That's one of my favorite things.

Yoss
06-02-2015, 11:19 AM
I'm looking forward to all the different modes people have already dreamed up for That Other Game, plus many new ones besides.

As noted above, 2-head and Emperor are my two favorites, but I also like "Opposition" (5-player, each covers one of the 5 colors, goal is to kill the two opposite you on the wheel) and Archenemy (which will be the "raid boss" option here in Hex).

The pipe dream is to have a developer API where the community can design its own game modes.

Svenn
06-02-2015, 12:38 PM
As noted above, 2-head and Emperor are my two favorites, but I also like "Opposition" (5-player, each covers one of the 5 colors, goal is to kill the two opposite you on the wheel) and Archenemy (which will be the "raid boss" option here in Hex).

Opposition sounds awesome. I'd love to see something like that.

Vitaminer
06-02-2015, 12:59 PM
I can't wait for 3+ player modes. I really want a FFA mode to play with some friends. That's one of my favorite things.

Yea, FFA is really fun.

Vitaminer
06-02-2015, 01:01 PM
Yea, thats what I mean aswell. Beeing able to play with friends, or with randoms. Combining spells and defence. Stimulates more variation and experimenting:)

Scammanator
06-02-2015, 01:03 PM
My friends and I had a put together a large collection of "bad rares" (i.e. worth 50 cents or less) that we used to draft with. One day six of us drafted with these and played an Emperor match with the resulting decks. Draft order was alternating teams with emperors predetermined and sitting across from one another.

Bad Rare Emperor Draft.

It was epic. It was glorious. And it should never be replicated ever again.

Tazelbain
06-02-2015, 01:05 PM
EDH/Commander

Rehab
06-02-2015, 01:06 PM
As someone who has a very limited experience with that other game i feel like a lot of times people assume that everyone knows what the more popular formats of the other game are. If 2 headed is just 2v2, i am really looking forward to that but i am hoping that my teammate is positioned across from me so that each team members turn is followed by an enemy turn rather than having each team take there turns back to back.

Tazelbain
06-02-2015, 01:14 PM
That's why Zeus created Google.

Zophie
06-02-2015, 01:26 PM
When my friends and I used to play WoWTCG a lot in big groups we came up with some interesting houserules for 3+ players. At one point we created a tactical map in the center of the table, and each person got a mini representing their Hero that started on different sides of the map. During your turn you could move up to 2 spaces, and basically if you were within 2 spaces of another hero you could target their cards with abilities, and if you were right next to their hero you could attack them. We tried out a lot of different variations of movement rules, and even did some variants around team play and getting buffs and stuff from certain spaces. Overall the games lasted a bit longer but it was definitely an interesting element to add to the game. I don't know if something like that would work with Hex but it sure would be neat if they had some kind of interesting mechanic like that for multiplayer matches :)

vickrpg
06-02-2015, 01:40 PM
As someone who has a very limited experience with that other game i feel like a lot of times people assume that everyone knows what the more popular formats of the other game are. If 2 headed is just 2v2, i am really looking forward to that but i am hoping that my teammate is positioned across from me so that each team members turn is followed by an enemy turn rather than having each team take there turns back to back.

2headed is 2v2 but a bit different. Players take their turns AT THE SAME TIME as the person on their team, and share a life total(one body, 2 heads, get it?). They are considered different "Targets" and "Players" but lose together or win together.

RCDv57
06-02-2015, 02:31 PM
2headed is 2v2 but a bit different. Players take their turns AT THE SAME TIME as the person on their team, and share a life total(one body, 2 heads, get it?). They are considered different "Targets" and "Players" but lose together or win together.

That could be fun.
One person plays Mountain God orcs, and the other guy plays a super healing deck.

Vitaminer
06-03-2015, 02:20 AM
However, the 2headed in mtgo online is a little different, there you dont take turn simultaniously but rather in turn. And you have your main opponent as do your friend. Although you have spell range over to your friends opponent and vise versa. I have kinda gotten used to that. But Playing simultaniously with your friend and share the board sounds nice aswell

vickrpg
06-03-2015, 06:29 AM
However, the 2headed in mtgo online is a little different, there you dont take turn simultaniously but rather in turn. And you have your main opponent as do your friend. Although you have spell range over to your friends opponent and vise versa. I have kinda gotten used to that. But Playing simultaniously with your friend and share the board sounds nice aswell

never played it in MTGO just several MTG groups. Under the rules I know, You don't share a board though, just life total. You can (choose to )block for each other, but creatures your teammate controls don't count as creatures you control. Same with "target opponent" has to target either head, but then again that means that "each opponent" triggers twice. (extort was fun to play in this format)

wolzarg
06-03-2015, 10:07 AM
never played it in MTGO just several MTG groups. Under the rules I know, You don't share a board though, just life total. You can (choose to )block for each other, but creatures your teammate controls don't count as creatures you control. Same with "target opponent" has to target either head, but then again that means that "each opponent" triggers twice. (extort was fun to play in this format)
Or for boring uninspired powergamers like me burning inquiry + migrain so much dirt still don't feel clean.

Laggi
06-04-2015, 08:11 AM
EDH/Commander and Two-Headed EDH/Commander are my favourites.

vickrpg
06-04-2015, 08:59 AM
Or for boring uninspired powergamers like me burning inquiry + migrain so much dirt still don't feel clean.
Migraine (http://www.wizards.com/magic/displaythemedeck.asp?set=stronghold&decknum=3&lang=en)? do you mean megrim (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Megrim)?