PDA

View Full Version : Will this week be The One?

Parzival
06-02-2015, 10:00 PM
Howdy infinite patience of Ghandi fellow Hexers :cool:

So deep in spoilers and they are still coming thick and fast! - last Set i was against Spoilergeddon, now I embrace it :rolleyes:

The next question is, is this week going to be The One? (Give the Devs his best Mike Myers mystical look)

Just you know, wanting to get a feeling from the devs, we bought the tickets during spoiler season but is it time to board the hype train?

In before Soon my precious soon (TM)

I'm not frustrated/table flipping/raging , there are plenty fish in the sea, I just want to eat the Chark

Mejis
06-02-2015, 10:06 PM
given the number of spoilers/spoiler rate, and comparing that to Set 2 release, it sure feels like it should be this week! However, given we haven't heard peep on a date... then I dunno.

When will then be now?
Soon!

Gwaer
06-02-2015, 10:11 PM
If you're asking if this week will be the release of set 3? The answer is almost certainly no. We will probably see a Friday update at least the week before the patch with expected downtime.

Parzival
06-02-2015, 10:19 PM
Meijis, my thoughts exactly, last set the spoilers trickled and then flooded just before he annoucement and then a steady stream to release (I think? Mania is not good on the details, just the plan)

No Gwaer, I'm not that optimistic, I suspect release is a good few weeks ago.

I'm talking about the release date, that's when we board the hype train not disembark ;)

OutlandishMatt
06-02-2015, 10:44 PM
Gen Con is currently 55 days out. They want to have it out before then. And I'm sure they want to have it out before then with as many bugs fixed as possible. So I suspect at least 3 weeks before Gen Con they want it released. That puts us at 34 days until I would say is their latest window of release. If they announce a date this Friday they'd want to at least give a week's notice so it wouldn't be released until the 16th giving them a total of 42 days until Gen Con.

Axle
06-02-2015, 10:54 PM
55 days max huh? Well I hope we can get a test server for set 3. Don't care much for the last second spoilers revealed on the site and rather we find as much bugged with the cards as possible.

neruwind
06-02-2015, 10:58 PM
My $ is on 6/19 being announcement date of when set 3 will be released

Salverus
06-02-2015, 11:06 PM
i hope Fridays update is more details about the EA cards, still got so many unanswered questions about that.

additionally if set3 release comes at the same time as common AA removal from the store, they will announce it at least one week ahead, which they did not yet.

Mejis
06-02-2015, 11:19 PM
additionally if set3 release comes at the same time as common AA removal from the store, they will announce it at least one week ahead, which they did not yet.

That's a very good point that I'd forgotten about.

So, prediction is: this Friday = announced release for the following weekend of 13th/14th June. That's my bet.

I just don't see why they'd keep up with this pace of spoilers if we weren't extremely close. I know there's a lot of cards in the set, but at 60+ spoiled already, I'd like to think we're very close.

Ertzi
06-02-2015, 11:34 PM
I hope it's not this week, but next week would be good, as my vacation starts then. I have aaaallll the time to collect my cards... ^_^

Vorsa
06-02-2015, 11:57 PM
Really hope for an announcement on Friday! :)
Don't expect an update so soon, but something to plan around would be nice.

israel.kendall
http://i.imgur.com/WSISpcO.jpg

IronPheasant
I just don't see why they'd keep up with this pace of spoilers if we weren't extremely close. I know there's a lot of cards in the set, but at 60+ spoiled already, I'd like to think we're very close.

You are correct, spoiler seasons for card games don't tend to go beyond 2 to 3 weeks since they're a procession of all the $$$ cards in the set: rares and legends. That it's been an entire month now means we're pretty close if not overshot a little on a time table.

Flairina
06-03-2015, 12:06 AM
I certainly HOPE it's this Friday, even if I doubt it. Running the arena at a snail's pace (compared those 30 minute per run people who claim it's not hard to farm the arena at all, who neglect to realize that even with identical decklists not everyone's games can RUN that fast), hoping for Uruunaz if just to break up the monotony of it, has gotten old fast. If we at least had another arena to switch too, perhaps it would be better, but... yeah, I'm getting pretty hexed out as is. We need something new ASAP.

Mejis
06-03-2015, 12:23 AM
I certainly HOPE it's this Friday, even if I doubt it. Running the arena at a snail's pace (compared those 30 minute per run people who claim it's not hard to farm the arena at all, who neglect to realize that even with identical decklists not everyone's games can RUN that fast), hoping for Uruunaz if just to break up the monotony of it, has gotten old fast. If we at least had another arena to switch too, perhaps it would be better, but... yeah, I'm getting pretty hexed out as is. We need something new ASAP.

This brings up something I wanted to ask: do we know if Set 3 will bring new opponents to the arena? Or (preferably) some form of second arena or additional pve experience?

I'm also getting a little burnt out on arena as it stands, despite wanting more gold and having a speedy orc deck. Also have never seen Uruu :(

Bombs
06-03-2015, 01:09 AM
Pure speculation: I don't think we'll see the set 3 release information before the test server event (that was delayed a few weeks ago) is rescheduled and occurs.

xou
06-03-2015, 01:11 AM
I'd like to chime in - in hope someone from HEXEnt reads this - and ask for at least 3 weeks notice before the release date so that regular people like myself could plan their vacation days at work. thanks! :)

Lefto
06-03-2015, 01:45 AM
I'd like to chime in - in hope someone from HEXEnt reads this - and ask for at least 3 weeks notice before the release date so that regular people like myself could plan their vacation days at work. thanks! :)

I'm afraid that as stated in previous posts, spoiler season is supposed to be the 3-4 weeks notice before release. I wish we had an actual date too, though!

BlackRoger
06-03-2015, 04:23 AM
This is exactly why they do NOT give a release date so far in advance.
As history has proven, it's very easy for things to be delayed and then a bunch of grumpy players will complain how they wasted their vacation days and set 3 didn't come out.

Anyhow, wouldn't take the rush of spoilers as too much of an indication.
I would not expect set 3 this month.

WolfCrypt
06-03-2015, 04:47 AM
I hope Set 3 is this month that be nice but I still need 500 more plat to buy Coyotle Starter deck. I wonder what's it called?

Erukk
06-03-2015, 04:53 AM
I guess it depends on if they are going to do special spoiler weeks for Elves and Necrotic, since most of the spoilers we've been getting are Coyote and Vennen (at the moment anyway).

WolfCrypt
06-03-2015, 04:55 AM
I guess it depends on if they are going to do special spoiler weeks for Elves and Necrotic, since most of the spoilers we've been getting are Coyote and Vennen (at the moment anyway).

I just made a thread asking bout this very thing lol.

ossuary
06-03-2015, 04:59 AM
There's no way the set is going to be released in the next week or two. We MIGHT get a tentative date in the Friday update, but even that I would doubt very highly at this point. There are too many things still to be done before the set can come out. As another in this thread mentioned, the stress test event is definitely going to happen first regardless - if they've done netcode improvements for tournaments, those are going to be part of the same set 3 patch, and there's no way they'll push that live without doing a test run of it first.

Mahes
06-03-2015, 05:00 AM
No it is not this week. Given the size of this patch, I would say last week in June.

If you would like to release before that point, I have no problem being wrong.

Ertzi
06-03-2015, 05:13 AM
I would bet good money the release is going to be at the end of week 27 (around 3 July) or at the start of week 28. I am almost certain it will not be before that. I have no facts to support this. I just have this feeling.

Erukk
06-03-2015, 05:32 AM
I would bet good money the release is going to be at the end of week 27 (around 3 July) or at the start of week 28. I am almost certain it will not be before that. I have no facts to support this. I just have this feeling.

If it's anything like set2, it will probably release on a Tuesday with the release events on the weekend. My guess? Barring postponement, either on the 23rd or the 30th.

vickrpg
06-03-2015, 06:38 AM

That reminds me, aren't we due for a "Guess the release of set 3 and get (crappy) prizes" thread?

NemesiN
06-03-2015, 07:52 AM
I really hope that CZE can get to a place in which they can have a release schedule set out for the entire year, by month. Once we got within 2-3 months out, give us a date. I would rather that CZE has a Set completed 2 months ahead of time and just holds it until release than play catch up all the time.

Tazelbain
06-03-2015, 08:07 AM
Not going to happen. In the past it has only served to fuel malcontents. Why would want to do that?

NemesiN
06-03-2015, 08:16 AM
Sets of cards need to be on a schedule. This creates seasons for tournaments as well as levels expectations for players to know when a new set is coming. It ensures that we will get content in a steady manner. It also allows them to have some wiggle room for development without compromising dates. As far as new PvE content/features goes, release them either on a schedule or when ready.

Svenn
06-03-2015, 08:17 AM
I'm still crossing my fingers for a release the week of June 29th (my birthday!) or just before since I've scheduled off work that whole week already. ;)

nicosharp
06-03-2015, 09:50 AM
The wait is getting to be unbearable to the point that I played Heroes of the Storm... Life is sad.

Svenn
06-03-2015, 10:09 AM
The wait is getting to be unbearable to the point that I played Heroes of the Storm... Life is sad.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/346110/

This came out yesterday and I see it filling most of my time until Set 3...

Axle
06-03-2015, 10:15 AM

Wow. All those negative reviews because the servers are (temporarily) unavailable and people can't run it on their PC. And they're going to have them forever. That really sucks. Well the game is pretty popular right now, if they act fast they can bounce back.

nicosharp
06-03-2015, 10:19 AM

I barely have time for games specially if they are not turn-based, but that looks pretty. Turok + survival + farcry/crysis graphics.
I'll stick to quick-ish games, if I have to stray before the set3 storm.

Thrawn
06-03-2015, 10:30 AM
Not going to happen. In the past it has only served to fuel malcontents. Why would want to do that?

So the game can take off as a serious competitive TCG some day.

katkillad
06-03-2015, 10:34 AM
There's no way the set is going to be released in the next week or two. We MIGHT get a tentative date in the Friday update, but even that I would doubt very highly at this point. There are too many things still to be done before the set can come out. As another in this thread mentioned, the stress test event is definitely going to happen first regardless - if they've done netcode improvements for tournaments, those are going to be part of the same set 3 patch, and there's no way they'll push that live without doing a test run of it first.

If set 3 is being held back by some new tournament coding, we could still be several months away.

Svenn
06-03-2015, 10:48 AM
Wow. All those negative reviews because the servers are (temporarily) unavailable and people can't run it on their PC. And they're going to have them forever. That really sucks. Well the game is pretty popular right now, if they act fast they can bounce back.

Day 1 server issues for an EARLY ACCESS game. It's sad. The FPS issues are real (I've got a high end rig and struggle at 20fps... but it's a playable 20fps) but they said optimization is a high priority and they are patching constantly (7 hotfixes last night alone). The game is a ton of fun (and I've mostly played just singleplayer).

Back on topic... I'm really expecting a release date very soon. That's a LOT of spoilers going out. We have to be getting close, or they are going to run out/burn out on spoilers and have a large gap before release.

EccentricFan
06-03-2015, 11:17 AM
Is it wrong that as much fun as a new set can be, I'm most looking forward to it in hopes that the Friday updates will turn to details on the first full dungeon soon after?

WolfCrypt
06-03-2015, 11:18 AM
Is it wrong that as much fun as a new set can be, I'm most looking forward to it in hopes that the Friday updates will turn to details on the first full dungeon soon after?

Amen

Tazelbain
06-03-2015, 11:22 AM
So the game can take off as a serious competitive TCG some day.Yes, a TCG needs regular updates, no doubt. But a per-set schedule for people to howler about not so much.

Salverus
06-03-2015, 11:25 AM
personally i am more excited about the EA option than set3, then ofcourse the dungeon news will be cool.
Its just that there are so many cards that i do not have yet from set1 and 2, that a new set is not needed for me personally. But its nice to fantasize about decks i might to able to build one day in the future.

Flairina
06-03-2015, 11:28 AM

Yep, that would be the hope. They said it'll be a big patch; maybe we'll even see a dungeon released in it? Unlikely, but I'll hold out hope all the same.

Thrawn
06-03-2015, 11:30 AM
Yes, a TCG needs regular updates, no doubt. But a per-set schedule for people to howler about not so much.

I can't imagine a huge tournament announced months in advance that says "Well, we may have the new set out in time for this huge, important, advertised tournament, but we may not, so just wing it and see what happens." People are going to want to know what's coming and what to expect.

They don't need to necessarily have "Set X will release on XX-XX-XXXX", but we're going to eventually want a rough idea at least.

I also wouldn't assume a company is going to just stop releasing information because "Someone whined about it last time and now I'm scared to say anything". :p I would bet on us knowing a rough release schedule once they have all the ducks in a row.

Xenavire
06-03-2015, 11:41 AM
I can't imagine a huge tournament announced months in advance that says "Well, we may have the new set out in time for this huge, important, advertised tournament, but we may not, so just wing it and see what happens." People are going to want to know what's coming and what to expect.

They don't need to necessarily have "Set X will release on XX-XX-XXXX", but we're going to eventually want a rough idea at least.

I also wouldn't assume a company is going to just stop releasing information because "Someone whined about it last time and now I'm scared to say anything". :p I would bet on us knowing a rough release schedule once they have all the ducks in a row.

They absolutely need to have a rough schedule someday, just now isn't that time. Still too many teething pains.

poizonous
06-03-2015, 12:23 PM
I know I am a little more pessimistic about this issue than most but I have pretty much given up on the idea that sets will eventually come out in 4-5 month intervals. Between having to keep the PvE crowd happy and having a small team, I see this as being entirely impossible. I can only hope we can still see 2 sets a year, or limited will just continue to suffer for a few months every year

ossuary
06-03-2015, 12:35 PM
If set 3 is being held back by some new tournament coding, we could still be several months away.

They said in the update that they had updated the tournament / server code (or something similar) and were going to test it. Then in the push back announcement, they just said they needed to reschedule. I assume they found some small error or piece they can improve further and are reworking that one piece. I wouldn't expect months, just a couple of weeks at most. I wouldn't be surprised to get the new stress test date this Friday, really.

Ertzi
06-03-2015, 02:05 PM
That reminds me, aren't we due for a "Guess the release of set 3 and get (crappy) prizes" thread?

Lol, that was way too much work, I will never do that again :D

Ertzi
06-03-2015, 02:12 PM

No, it is not wrong. I'm with you buddy. I will go into a collecting frenzy when Set 3 hits, but make no mistake, Dungeons are still the reason I collect at all.