PDA

View Full Version : Is there going to be a way to de-egg your deck?

Lefto
06-03-2015, 02:10 AM
With so many Vennen deck-infesting cards one was to wonder... Will one be able to "clean" their decks from those nasty eggs somehow or all they can do is pray to RNJesus?

Erukk
06-03-2015, 02:30 AM
I'd imagine they might add an egg scrambler in either this set or the next, but I'm not really sure which shard might get it (unless they make in an artifact).

Though, if they make it too accessible, it would totally kill the Vennen tribe's mechanic midgame. They are getting some powerful cards, but it's going to be nowhere near the strength the Coyote cards seem to be getting. Coyote tribal seems to be aiming for powerful troops that continue to ramp with prophecy to end the game quick. Vennen, on the other hand, seem to be looking for extended games and loading up their opponents deck until a large or critical mass of eggs in formed, and them possibly burying their opponent's deck to get the eggs at more quickly.

Lefto
06-03-2015, 02:47 AM
I was thinking something along the lines of the frost wizard. Maybe a "Heat Wizard" to fry up the Vennen eggs? :p

Gwaer
06-03-2015, 02:50 AM
Could hit prophecy, too. Just need a card that 'reverts' your deck. Removes and buffs/debuffs on cards in your deck, and removes any cards that were not in your deck when the game began.

Erukk
06-03-2015, 03:12 AM
Could hit prophecy, too. Just need a card that 'reverts' your deck. Removes and buffs/debuffs on cards in your deck, and removes any cards that were not in your deck when the game began.

So :diamond: then? I don't see :sapphire: doing reverting on such a grand scale unless they turn all those eggs into dinglers. ;)

Though, I would probably want it to be target champion deck instead. At least that way you can wield it against your opponents Coyote decks as well.

Salverus
06-03-2015, 03:17 AM
If there is a card that removes all eggs in your deck for a reasonable cost (best we can hope for), would you add it to your deck?
Having a dead draw against all opponents that do not play vennen...and only a 1 in 60 chance if you play a vennen opponent?

Lefto
06-03-2015, 03:22 AM
If there is a card that removes all eggs in your deck for a reasonable cost (best we can hope for), would you add it to your deck?
Having a dead draw against all opponents that do not play vennen...and only a 1 in 60 chance if you play a vennen opponent?

Reserves.
Also it doesn't have to be eggs specifically. Something like a frost wizard but affecting your deck instead of the opponent's or something like Gwear said which would revert one's deck.

BlackRoger
06-03-2015, 03:25 AM
So far there has been at least 1 hate card for each of the 4 races of set 1, some better then others.
There is probably gonna be some vennen hate, but I don't think it will be in the form of egg extraction, just as the human hate card wasn't in the form of disabling inspire.
Getting value against a predictable strategy is one thing, getting to destroy the entire strategy with 1 card is something you should only do when there is no other choice (I.E, if vennens break the meta).

Sparrow
06-03-2015, 04:13 AM
I think something wild that eats the eggs, like a snake. Or a giant anteater. Or something saph like a bird. Fire and cold are okay, but kind of boring. Also, maybe Vennen eggs are a delicacy, so diamond human egg-hunters. That covers every shard except blood.

Lefto
06-03-2015, 04:15 AM
I think something wild that eats the eggs, like a snake. Or something saph like a bird. Fire and cold are okay, but kind of boring. Also, maybe Vennen eggs are a delicacy, so diamond human egg-hunters. That covers every shard except blood.
I'm pretty sure that eating Vennen eggs would be very bad for your health!

Salverus
06-03-2015, 04:33 AM
http://i.imgur.com/CIt39rB.png

Axle
06-03-2015, 04:39 AM
If there was something cheap (1-3) that got rid of all eggs already in deck, I would probably play 4 of it in arena, no questions asked. I can still win with the dead draws on everyone else sadly.

WolfCrypt
06-03-2015, 05:02 AM
Is that the German bunny pop star?

Lefto
06-03-2015, 05:02 AM
http://i.imgur.com/CIt39rB.png

Rofl :) change the icon to set 3 and it's official spoiler

Mahes
06-03-2015, 05:12 AM
It needs to be carrying a basket of eggs.

Lafoote
06-03-2015, 05:36 AM
The Transcended will stop you from drawing eggs. Just use him to draw counters and you won't have them buried out either.

Salverus
06-03-2015, 05:37 AM
The Transcended will stop you from drawing eggs. Just use him to draw counters and you won't have them buried out either.

If eggs are milled, they have their effect too. And the transcended does not let you select which cards you want to be milled :D

vickrpg
06-03-2015, 06:44 AM
Re-seed Eggs
5 :blood::blood:
Basic Action
Remove all Eggs from Target Champion's deck. Place them randomly in another target player's deck

Scrambled Eggs
3 :ruby::ruby:
Quick Action
Remove all eggs from all champion's decks and re-distribute them randomly among all champion's decks.

sugarcain
06-03-2015, 07:22 AM
If eggs are milled, they have their effect too. And the transcended does not let you select which cards you want to be milled :D

Seconded. Also, Dreamsmoke Mystic. Allows you to spot an egg on top of your deck and then put it on the very, very bottom. That's a powerful anti-egg effect.

nickon
06-03-2015, 07:28 AM

That is of course true, but having a consistent way to just get rid of all of the eggs in your deck (also dealing with the part that they're trying to mill them) would make the whole vennen egg concept obsolete from the start of the set...

Dreamsmoke Mystic is also a great way to avoid topdecking Vennen eggs like a boss. It also 'protects' against them from being milled, as they are put at the bottom of your stack.

Lefto
06-03-2015, 07:51 AM
Seconded. Also, Dreamsmoke Mystic. Allows you to spot an egg on top of your deck and then put it on the very, very bottom. That's a powerful anti-egg effect.

Nice catch, I hadn't thought of that. Now, his ability's activation cost doesn't seem that expensive and makes much more sense!

wolzarg
06-03-2015, 08:29 AM
Dreamsmoke really is the best a effect to directly counter eggs should be or they become pointless.

Personally I'm hoping for some kind of predatory insect that auto fights spiders as they enter in wild to counter the actual swarming.

malloc31
06-03-2015, 08:41 AM
I can see something like a green (Exterminator) troop maybe 3/3 for 4 cost, and when played if any of the top 8 cards of your deck are eggs you revert/remove them.

f5shooter
06-03-2015, 08:51 AM
How about a carnivorous dinosaur that gets plus 1/plus 1 for every two eggs in your deck.

Lafoote
06-03-2015, 08:55 AM
I realize that. That's why I suggested drawing counters with your Transended. It's not ideal, but it's a solution available with existing cards.

Tazelbain
06-03-2015, 09:08 AM
I don't see why we wouldn't have hard egg counters when we have other hard counters in the game. Why should eggs be immune to a wipe when my entire board isn't? The issue is just costing fairly.

Xenavire
06-03-2015, 09:12 AM
I don't see why we wouldn't have hard egg counters when we have other hard counters in the game. Why should eggs be immune to a wipe when my entire board isn't? The issue is just costing fairly.

We do not have a way to counter/remove tunnelers, so your whole premise is a little flawed. We could get a counter, yes, but should we get one, or are we guaranteed one? That's different. :p

DoctorJoe
06-03-2015, 09:17 AM
Since eggs are a BANE type card and we can expect more types of them, maybe something that deals with BANE cards. Booby Traps were retroactively given that type, right? That way "anti-egg" cards will have relevant future use and be in a larger design space.

Something that looked at the top card at the start of your turn like Shrine of Prosperity and had some effect on BANE cards is one option. Something that revealed random X cards in your deck and did something to BANE cards like Zombie Plague is another option. Searching your deck for X BANE cards and removing them is another option.

sugarcain
06-03-2015, 09:28 AM

Also, it's possible to remove/interrupt anything that would put eggs into your deck before they can. Unlike Xarlox, you're going to have a chance to respond before the 8-legged terror bombs go in. I wonder if Phenteo knows he's about to become the most murdered/countered/voided/all other manner of horrib--yeah he does, nevermind.

Anyways, those are all pretty 'hard' counters to spider eggs.

Lefto
06-03-2015, 09:28 AM
Since eggs are a BANE type card and we can expect more types of them, maybe something that deals with BANE cards. Booby Traps were retroactively given that type, right? That way "anti-egg" cards will have relevant future use and be in a larger design space.

Something that looked at the top card at the start of your turn like Shrine of Prosperity and had some effect on BANE cards is one option. Something that revealed random X cards in your deck and did something to BANE cards like Zombie Plague is another option. Searching your deck for X BANE cards and removing them is another option.

Spot-on observation imo. +1

Tazelbain
06-03-2015, 09:42 AM
We do not have a way to counter/remove tunnelers, so your whole premise is a little flawed. We could get a counter, yes, but should we get one, or are we guaranteed one? That's different. :pIsn't that whole point have discussion thread? The subject I was addressing "hard counter to eggs makes eggs pointless" I was giving and example of this not being true. There are many more. Should wasn't the point. But there should be powerful answers to power effects. 2 cost Turbulence just wrecks Zakiir, but that doesn't stop Zakiir from winning games.

wolzarg
06-03-2015, 09:47 AM
I wouldn't compare zakkir to a random chance 1/1 tho.

Bombs
06-03-2015, 11:17 AM
It would be cool to see an artifact that "petrifies" all non-troop cards in your deck. The spider eggs would turn into 0/1 rocks.