PDA

View Full Version : asynch and 1v1 constructed

Rehab
06-04-2015, 01:11 PM
As someone who doesnt often have 3 hours to commit to a tounament, i have been looking forward to asynch for quiet awhile. It seems like it was "nearly ready" several months ago before arena released, has there been any mention of it coming with set 3?

Also what happened to those 1v1 constructed queues for 100p with a 1 pack prize? A dev mentioned them in a thread and everyone seemed to like the idea but they were never mentioned again.

MatWith1T
06-04-2015, 01:16 PM
Soon? Dunno what to tell you... im greatly looking forward to both those things too, but when people are paying real money for entries and prizes, there's a big chasm between nearly ready and ready, so I'm just waiting patiently for that to go live. Hope if its not in the Set 3 content push (which it likely won't be), it will be the next major update.

magic_gazz
06-04-2015, 01:22 PM
Yeah I remember the question being asked "do you want 1vs1 constructed, I can add that", bunch of people said yes and nothing happened.

Guess it wasn't as easy to throw out there as he thought. I look forward to it coming though as anything that gets more people playing constructed is a good thing.

Phenteo
06-04-2015, 01:49 PM
It's definitely being worked on, but we had to prioritize other features ahead of this. We've also been working on a lot of back-end tournament and client optimizations which took precedent in order to ensure these go smoothly.

Chark
06-04-2015, 01:54 PM
Yeah I remember the question being asked "do you want 1vs1 constructed, I can add that", bunch of people said yes and nothing happened.

Guess it wasn't as easy to throw out there as he thought. I look forward to it coming though as anything that gets more people playing constructed is a good thing.

Between the time we discussed this feature and now, there has not been a content patch. While I can gauge the interest in a feature almost instantly on the forums, we typically aggregate features into content patches.

Gwaer
06-04-2015, 01:56 PM
Between the time we discussed this feature and now, there has not been a content patch. While I can gauge the interest in a feature almost instantly on the forums, we typically aggregate features into content patches.
So yet another feature confirmed for set 3 patch then? ;)

Rehab
06-04-2015, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the reply Phenteo. I guess a lot of people will probably be queuing tournaments when the the time investement is greatly reduced, getting the server prepared makes perfect sense.

Zophie
06-04-2015, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the reply Phenteo. I guess a lot of people will probably be queuing tournaments when the the time investement is greatly reduced, getting the server prepared makes perfect sense.

I'm guessing it also has a lot to do with getting Large-Scale tournaments working smoothly finally, that's been a work in progress for a while now, and they'll need that to work right if they want to do special events using it.

wolzarg
06-04-2015, 10:55 PM
While granted it doesn't have a prize 1v1 que does exist in case anyone missed that.

Thoom
06-04-2015, 11:10 PM

I was under the impression that spinning up a new tournament type (at least, within the parameters regularly available for tournaments, e.g. constructed, 2 player cap, 1 pack prize for 1st place, 100 plat entry) could be done entirely server side without the need for a patch. Is that not the case, or is it more a matter of policy than technical capability?