PDA

View Full Version : HEX's 2nd Birthday!

hex_colin
06-04-2015, 05:24 PM
The time is fast approaching (Sunday!) when we get to the second anniversary of the successful HEX KS!

Like last year, I'm going to give lots of stuff away... What should i give away? :)

Gwaer
06-04-2015, 05:25 PM
I'm looking for a producer tier? =P

I definitely think you should give away some set 3 packs. Should be launched soonish, maybe some set 3 draft packs. Aa bucc sleeves, promo stardust....

Stok3d
06-04-2015, 05:26 PM
HB Hex!!!

Honestly, I wish CZE gifted limited use Autograph stamps to those who have the Vanity Cards. Corny as it may sound, I'd really like a shot to get your autograph stamped on my "Colin Pset".

lava
06-04-2015, 05:28 PM
2 years and many more!

Gwaer
06-04-2015, 05:29 PM
Great post to stop being a lurker on! Welcome to the forum lava.

Zophie
06-04-2015, 05:36 PM
The time is fast approaching (Sunday!) when we get to the second anniversary of the successful HEX KS!

Like last year, I'm going to give lots of stuff away... What should i give away? :)

Set 3 packs for sure. Also I'll gladly accept an unused Grand King code if you have any laying around... :D

ryuukan
06-04-2015, 05:37 PM

Custom-made Highlands Magus robe

theghost32
06-04-2015, 05:41 PM
happy birthday hex two years what fun two years its been set 3 primal packs

pjvedder
06-04-2015, 05:42 PM
Can you give away time? :p I'd love to be able to have more time in my life to actually get to play Hex.

Fyren
06-04-2015, 05:50 PM
I really should stop torturing myself with giveaways. I'm probably not going to stop, but I should.

Even as someone who thinks he >isn't< cursed by bad luck and wins about statistically as much as he should, I just walk away from these things salty if I don't win anything, and on average most people aren't going to. Alucard going "Boom" by this point makes me wince, because 98% of the time it means someone who isn't me won a thing.

And what it ultimately means is that I keep walking away from what are acts of fantastic charity worthy of celebration with this awful, bitter taste in the back of my mouth placed there by a jealous little part of the human psyche. Which is not how I should ever feel about this community, a community that contains people like Colin.

magic_gazz
06-04-2015, 05:54 PM
I really should stop torturing myself with giveaways. I'm probably not going to stop, but I should.

Even as someone who thinks he >isn't< cursed by bad luck and wins about statistically as much as he should, I just walk away from these things salty if I don't win anything, and on average most people aren't going to. Alucard going "Boom" by this point makes me wince, because 98% of the time it means someone who isn't me won a thing.

And what it ultimately means is that I keep walking away from what are acts of fantastic charity worthy of celebration with this awful, bitter taste in the back of my mouth placed there by a jealous little part of the human psyche. Which is not how I should ever feel about this community.

BOOM

You have won my sympathy.

Congratulations.

On Topic: Bucc sleeves seem pretty popular. Jadiim sleeves if you still have any knocking about would be an amazing prize. Poster sleeves? So yeah, sleeves basically.

Xenavire
06-04-2015, 05:58 PM
I honestly don't know what you could give anymore Colin - between cards, packs, sleeves, and even flights, you are going to find it hard to top yourself.

You have a few new options though - Stardust for one, new set 3 singles/packs, or even potentially chest contents (although you would have to set that up as a "I open X amount of Y rarity chest and give Z winner the contents, when the feature is live." Or if chest trading goes live at the same time, the chests would work too.)

You could always offer "Dinner with Colin".

Side note - the 2 year anniversary would be an amazing time to add to the ranks of Exalted. Colin looks lonely.

Armies
06-04-2015, 05:58 PM
give away set 3 release dates for all!

Fyren
06-04-2015, 06:17 PM
BOOM

You have won my sympathy.

Congratulations.

No, you're right, that was asinine of me to bring it up here. GL to all the participants when Colin does his Thing!

jonsnow2000
06-04-2015, 06:20 PM
Fyren I feel ya man, in regular streams from Cirouss it's not as bad, when he raffles off like 2-3 doors you can tell yourself "ok that chance is really low", but just now I finished watching SilentSnakes "500 Follower" stream and he raffled off like 50 valuable items in 10 hours. I didn't win anything while others won multiple times. I wish I could say it doesn't sting, but it does, at least in the short term. In the long term I will remember that I DID win a few times in other streams and giveaways and will be able to appreciate this awesome community that gives out valuable stuff as if it's candy ;)

Anyways, 2 years Hex - good times!

As far as what you should give away, Colin, I love Ryuukans idea:

"Custom-made Highlands Magus robe"

meowstef
06-04-2015, 06:25 PM
only one possible answer to this

a pony?

Mejis
06-04-2015, 06:25 PM
Woot happy bday HEX!

Definitely keen for sleeves giveaways. Set 3 packs also ;)

Diesbudt
06-04-2015, 06:34 PM
It has been 2 years already?

Geez....

ThomasHunter
06-04-2015, 06:37 PM
Okay, I hope this isn't considered pretentious (and my sincere apologies if it is), but the first thing I thought of was something along the lines of: "Wow, Colin tends to Go Big. He even gives away trips. How about a future trip to HexCon?"

Anyway, that was what popped in my head. Colin's generosity is always amazing and his support to the community is awesome.

No matter what it is, thanks again Colin for thinking of the Hex community! :D

Diesbudt
06-04-2015, 06:38 PM
Okay, I hope this isn't considered pretentious (and my sincere apologies if it is), but the first thing I thought of was something along the lines of: "Wow, Colin tends to Go Big. He even gives away trips. How about a future trip to HexCon?"

Anyway, that was what popped in my head. Colin's generosity is always amazing and his support to the community is awesome.

No matter what it is, thanks again Colin for thinking of the Hex community! :D

This.

Colin. Give away... A TRIP TO MARS!!! BOOM. THATS BIG

JohnDruitt
06-04-2015, 06:49 PM
Colin, give set 3 please! (I mean release it, not packs)

Selanius
06-04-2015, 06:55 PM
Happy Birthday HEX!

Herocomplexkid
06-04-2015, 07:01 PM
Two years...the game is not even 60% done and I have devoted so much of my time to it for 2 years now. Makes you think how awesome it is going to be in the future, due to how awesome it is now.

Tinfoil
06-04-2015, 07:04 PM
Fyren I feel ya man, in regular streams from Cirouss it's not as bad, when he raffles off like 2-3 doors ...

I have cut down on streamwatching because a lot of the streams turned into minigames that messes with my motivation for being there in first place (main motivation is hanging out with a cool community). But thats probably just me.

On topic: Apart from what has already been suggested, maybe some donation scheme...? A very half-baked idea, but I was thinking people could donate set 1 and 2 packs to a pool for new players and get some of their donation back in set 3 packs. Idk...maybe its too much trouble, but it was a thought.

And in any case, happy bd Hex :)

nicosharp
06-04-2015, 07:11 PM
Can you give me a playset of Balthasar, so I can figure out what it does asap?

magic_gazz
06-04-2015, 07:16 PM
I honestly don't know what you could give anymore Colin - between cards, packs, sleeves, and even flights, you are going to find it hard to top yourself.

You have a few new options though - Stardust for one, new set 3 singles/packs, or even potentially chest contents (although you would have to set that up as a "I open X amount of Y rarity chest and give Z winner the contents, when the feature is live." Or if chest trading goes live at the same time, the chests would work too.)

Side note - the 2 year anniversary would be an amazing time to add to the ranks of Exalted. Colin looks lonely.

Not sure who else even comes close really.

I don't want exalted just to become "friends of .... club" it needs to be someone who has earned it. If it was a streamer I am not sure you could fairly pick one over any of the others.

nicosharp
06-04-2015, 07:24 PM

I don't want exalted just to become "friends of .... club" it needs to be someone who has earned it. If it was a streamer I am not sure you could fairly pick one over any of the others.
No one comes close in terms of unconditional giving. There are many folks in the community that are great, but either come with them questionable attitudes or personal gains. I don't think there is anyone that quite fits the build yet. Colin set the bar way too darn high.

fabriazp
06-04-2015, 07:25 PM
Is there any chance of a x4 AA CMK giveaway? :)

ossuary
06-04-2015, 07:26 PM
No, you're right, that was asinine of me to bring it up here. GL to all the participants when Colin does his Thing!

In my (extremely plentiful) personal experience, the only way to handle that jealous feeling in the back of your squirrel brain is to lean in to it HARD. I'm quite proud of the fact that I have the absolute worst luck of any card game player ever, and enjoy proving it to people who don't believe me. It's a big joke now in all of the twitch channels, and we have fun laughing about it. And on those exceptionally rare times when I actually DO win something (sometimes even a good something!), everyone gets to laugh at me again for winning when I said I wouldn't. ;)

"They're laughing with me Michael... they're laughing with me!"
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/c4/0e/dd/c40edd30d1a5156df68a8f2cbaf50ca4.jpg

Regarding the giveaway, I want the same thing I wanted last year: oodles of common chests, and oodles squared of gold to roll them all with. ;)

Fyren
06-04-2015, 07:26 PM
I have cut down on streamwatching because a lot of the streams turned into minigames that messes with my motivation for being there in first place (main motivation is hanging out with a cool community). But thats probably just me.

It was exactly Snake's channel that lead to these thoughts, yeah, listening to them give out random giveaway after giveaway to a seemingly-small number of lucky people was just... frustrating.

So actually, on that note, I would like to propose that instead of random giveaways, continued support be shown to community leagues like the Pauper and Rock leagues. I was exceedingly grateful that Colin was willing to back them to such an extent, and would like to see another such - one that, rather than having people enter !Keyword, encourages playing more Hex!

RobHaven
06-04-2015, 07:31 PM
During that big "name your own prize" giveaway, the thing I asked for was to have a beer with the guy and talk some Hex...and I was mocked for it! Obviously this prize has my vote.

I don't want to see the Exalted become an annual thing. I'd rather it be something that is only handed out when it's truly earned in such a way that no one questions the decision.

WolfCrypt
06-04-2015, 07:37 PM
HB Hex been on since late Set 1 haha

Zophie
06-04-2015, 07:58 PM
I don't want to see the Exalted become an annual thing. I'd rather it be something that is only handed out when it's truly earned in such a way that no one questions the decision.

Maybe we could hold an election for it. Ready to start your campaign Gwaer? :D

http://i.imgur.com/Jw9PWDj.jpg

Diesbudt
06-04-2015, 08:02 PM
Maybe we could hold an election for it. Ready to start your campaign Gwaer? :D

http://i.imgur.com/Jw9PWDj.jpg

I vote for Xarlox.

WolfCrypt
06-04-2015, 08:05 PM
I vote for Ozawa

Aradon
06-04-2015, 08:18 PM
I think I suggested it last time, but I suggest giving away a cameo appearance in your dungeon!

TOOT
06-04-2015, 08:28 PM

No one comes close in terms of unconditional giving. There are many folks in the community that are great, but either come with them questionable attitudes or personal gains. I don't think there is anyone that quite fits the build yet. Colin set the bar way too darn high.

Poor Nero getting snubbed.

The two of them are in a class by themselves.

TacoVendor
06-04-2015, 08:41 PM
Can you give me a hug? Well you should just give a big hug to everyone <3

Yoss
06-04-2015, 08:49 PM
Happy Birthday to Hex, though shouldn't the Birthday be counted from start of monetization?

RCDv57
06-04-2015, 08:55 PM
See if you can get HXE to give you a vanity card to give away.
That'd probably be the coolest thing you could do.

magic_gazz
06-04-2015, 09:03 PM
Poor Nero getting snubbed.

The two of them are in a class by themselves.

Nero? Whats he done?

Do you mean Neo? Because him and Cirrous got flights to America if I remember correctly.

Fyren
06-04-2015, 09:21 PM
Nero? Whats he done?

Do you mean Neo? Because him and Cirrous got flights to America if I remember correctly.

Nero_Jinous? The one who makes pretty much every streamer spasm when they get his emails, facepalming in utter disbellief because he also has an absurd level of generosity and, apparently, a rectal Monsuun garden?'

In my (extremely plentiful) personal experience, the only way to handle that jealous feeling in the back of your squirrel brain is to lean in to it HARD. I'm quite proud of the fact that I have the absolute worst luck of any card game player ever, and enjoy proving it to people who don't believe me. It's a big joke now in all of the twitch channels, and we have fun laughing about it. And on those exceptionally rare times when I actually DO win something (sometimes even a good something!), everyone gets to laugh at me again for winning when I said I wouldn't. ;)

That's the thing, I'm not sure I have that out. It'd be easier to complain if my luck was purely bad, but I got Bucc sleeves from Sithos (thanks again! ^.^/), as well as a couple Extinctions from Alucard and a fair number of Set 2 packs, most of them from Cirouss.

Voormas
06-04-2015, 09:22 PM
Looking forward to many more!

Suggestions on things to give away? Poster Sleeves would be a great idea imo :D

Flairina
06-04-2015, 09:57 PM
I think I suggested it last time, but I suggest giving away a cameo appearance in your dungeon!

See if you can get HXE to give you a vanity card to give away.
That'd probably be the coolest thing you could do.

I second both of these.

(Wow, my internet freezes trying to run twitch for some reason; I miss out on a LOT of giveaways apparently. :O)

sukebe
06-04-2015, 10:15 PM
well, I can't speak for anyone else but these are the things I would love a chance at winning:
(not in any particular order)

-A 2 or 3 day paid trip to Hex headquarters so the winner and 1 other person can play at HexEnts game night
-set 3 packs (normal and/or primal)
-set 3 playsets (either entire playset or seperated into rarity playsets)
-Hard to get sleeve codes (buccaneer, poster sleeves, etc)

I can't believe the 2 year anniversary is so close. It has been a fun 2 years and I look forward to many more :-)

wolzarg
06-04-2015, 10:33 PM

I'm generally all for your cool big splashy gifts but in all honesty the coolest thing i could think of would be like a lot of buccaneer sleeves. While i would die to go to hex headquarters and I'm sure others would as well i would honestly rather see like 50 people be very happy with a awesome sleeve than 1 person getting a very grand prize. Either way i know you will make it very cool and i will be there cheering you and all winners on and treasuring anything i might win.

Vorsa
06-04-2015, 10:45 PM
I'm generally all for your cool big splashy gifts but in all honesty the coolest thing i could think of would be like a lot of buccaneer sleeves. While i would die to go to hex headquarters and I'm sure others would as well i would honestly rather see like 50 people be very happy with a awesome sleeve than 1 person getting a very grand prize. Either way i know you will make it very cool and i will be there cheering you and all winners on and treasuring anything i might win.

I think this and the can-you-persuade-devs-to-give-a-vanity-card are the best giveaways, but alternatively if the devs & yourself could conspire I think the funnest method would be a launching an "alternative kickstarter" for non-AA Repels. :o

If you/they have a spammable account & the time for counting, let people send their Repels in and have thresholds for various prizes & reveals (equipment, set 3 cards and WoF loot)!

KingGabriel
06-05-2015, 12:33 AM
Your continued contribution to the community is gift enough Colin :)

EDIT: No wait I want a pony.

Elwinz
06-05-2015, 02:40 AM
Ponies are overrated

Fyren
06-05-2015, 02:47 AM
Ponies are overrated

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/727/082/c4e.png

IzHaN80
06-05-2015, 03:12 AM
Excuse my ignorance, where this is celebrated? It is a stream? Anybody has the link? Thank you! And i am not sure what i would like to see as rewards, as i am a new player, so i don't know what is of value or hard to get at all.

ShaolinRaven
06-05-2015, 03:52 AM
As others have stated if you want to do smaller rewards and a big reward you could start out with set 3 packs, move into set 3 primals, move into set 3 single sets, and have a lucky grand winner get a playset of set 3.

YourOpponent
06-05-2015, 04:35 AM
Also trips to Gen Con would be cool too since there's no telling If or When Hex Con will ever happen.

nickon
06-05-2015, 05:05 AM
Set 3 extended art cards or a combo of set 3 boosters with one of each stardust (common, uncommon, rare, legendary)!

#EAhype

Azzer
06-05-2015, 05:07 AM
I wish only that you keep doing an awesome game.

Weltenbrand
06-05-2015, 05:34 AM
Just a sleeve.

IzHaN80
06-05-2015, 05:38 AM
Please somebody can tell me where is this event happening at?

Madwand
06-05-2015, 05:47 AM
Hope u will launch free sealed tournament for 500+ players^^

Koz
06-05-2015, 06:05 AM

Yeah, any info for us newer players on how these give aways actually work would be nice. I'd hate to miss out on a chance for something just because I didn't know what to do

pjvedder
06-05-2015, 06:07 AM

There's no "event", per say. Colin is just celebrating Hex's birthday and being super-generous as always :)

If there is some kind of stream, I'm sure the details will eventually be posted. I would just keep following this thread for more details.

Rapkannibale
06-05-2015, 06:12 AM
Wow two years already! Crazy!

vickrpg
06-05-2015, 06:20 AM
if this is a "What should be given away" thread, then I agree with the cameo in your dungeon, or the vanity card. those are great Ideas for someone/anyone.

if this is a "What do YOU specifically want, random person on the forums" then what I would like is a Monsuun, as It's the only card I've yet to play with at all in set 2. (ironically, I never got a pack raptor in set 1 from a pack either, I just have the AAs from KS) I also wouldn't mind a flight to Gencon... Or a Beer/dinner with Colin next time he's in the NYC area.

Actually scratch the card, I want that last thing.

IzHaN80
06-05-2015, 06:51 AM
There's no "event", per say. Colin is just celebrating Hex's birthday and being super-generous as always :)

If there is some kind of stream, I'm sure the details will eventually be posted. I would just keep following this thread for more details.Well that's my point. If there is any stream going to be running it would be nice some people post the info, i been trying to find it with the search function but i haven't been lucky.

Superjuice
06-05-2015, 07:03 AM
Poster sleeves!!!

I'm sure you'll find tons of awesome stuff to give away, can't wait to see the list ;D

hakeswill
06-05-2015, 07:56 AM
Sleeves. Lots and lots of sleeves. Poster sleeves, Jadiim sleeves, Buccaneer sleeves, Pippit sleeves. Huge tracts of sleeves!!!

Happy Anniversary!!!

Saeijou
06-05-2015, 08:34 AM
I need the Buccaneer Sleeves! :D

and... well... you got a lot of stardust ;)

AdamAoE2
06-05-2015, 08:56 AM
I would want something where I could have a lasting impact on Hex. Whether that is a Vanity Card, helping to design a card, creating a foe to go with an arena deck, or simply getting to create dialogue for an encounter in the game.

Barring if those are unrealistic though - I'm always a sucker for any sort of collectible I don't have. (Jadiim Sleeves, Collector AAs, ETC)

Xexist
06-05-2015, 11:26 AM
During that big "name your own prize" giveaway, the thing I asked for was to have a beer with the guy and talk some Hex...and I was mocked for it! Obviously this prize has my vote.

Yeah Ive legit wanted to meet Colin for awhile. Its NOT a DATE guys!

KingGabriel
06-05-2015, 11:28 AM
Yeah Ive legit wanted to meet Colin for awhile. Its NOT a DATE guys!
We er... we didn't say it was... :rolleyes:

ossuary
06-05-2015, 11:36 AM
I dunno, I'd much rather win a date with Colin than with Tad Hamilton. :)

KingGabriel
06-05-2015, 11:38 AM
I'm married to the queen!

Cirouss
06-05-2015, 11:39 AM
I'm married to the queen!

Well, someone had to take a shot for the team ;)

hex_colin
06-05-2015, 11:41 AM

Tad's probably more likely to put out. ;)

Although, if anyone can get me a date with Kate Bosworth... :)

15FFP8ZDFWBPZCBJL5S67QOFO

Xexist
06-05-2015, 11:45 AM
Tad's probably more likely to put out. ;)

Although, if anyone can get me a date with Kate Bosworth... :)

Hmm you have good taste.

KingGabriel
06-05-2015, 11:47 AM
Well, someone had to take a shot for the team ;)
Her hair isn't that bad :(

dogmod
06-05-2015, 11:54 AM
What was the free thing colin gave :(

Xexist
06-05-2015, 11:55 AM

Beyonces phone number :0

BossHoss
Just a producer code... intended for Gwaer'

hex_colin

Someone redeemed it and didn't share the joy? Sad... :(

dogmod
06-05-2015, 11:56 AM

Seems like judging by the fact Xexist replied to you but erased the code part he might of?

hex_colin
06-05-2015, 11:57 AM
Seems like judging by the fact Xexist replied to you but erased the code part he might of?

He's at work and couldn't redeem it. He was definitely first to see it I think. I'll take care of him. :)

Xenavire
06-05-2015, 11:57 AM

It depends on what it was. I'd like to think that 'Invalid Code' was my reward for logging in so freaking fast! :p

Steelio
06-05-2015, 11:59 AM
Happy birthday HEX!

Superjuice
06-05-2015, 11:59 AM
My copy paste skills are lacking, there must be a better way!

Xexist
06-05-2015, 12:00 PM

No, I PM'd him about it lol, wasnt sure if it would show up in the reply way more obvious. I am at work. Hex free environment unfortunately :/

dogmod
06-05-2015, 12:04 PM
No, I PM'd him about it lol, wasnt sure if it would show up in the reply way more obvious. I am at work. Hex free environment unfortunately :/

Got ya. I had a sliver of hope I would finally get the buccaneer AA sleeve I have been searching for. My princess is in another castle :(

Erklan
06-05-2015, 12:06 PM
Sorry to not give an answer before, but that's me who used that code. And of course I want to share it with all of you. In fact, i didn't use it; it was my girlfriend who saw it and use it on my account and she made me the surprise. OMG I love her so much and you too Colin. Thx for all, I love all of you. Sorry for my bad English anyway :p. And for the people who want to know what it was: Jadiim's Sleeve.

Xenavire
06-05-2015, 12:06 PM
Got ya. I had a sliver of hope I would finally get the buccaneer AA sleeve I have been searching for. My princess is in another castle :(

Well, if it was sleeves, I probably couldn't have redeemed it anyway - as far as I am aware, the only sleeves I am missing from the events are the Jadiim ones. Shame, I was feeling hopeful when I was logged in less than 60 seconds after Colin posted it. :p

BossHoss
06-05-2015, 12:08 PM
3WXKD7B1NG9V10VQEXH33ZHW5.... Sry cat ran across the keyboard

hex_colin
06-05-2015, 12:09 PM
Well, if it was sleeves, I probably couldn't have redeemed it anyway - as far as I am aware, the only sleeves I am missing from the events are the Jadiim ones. Shame, I was feeling hopeful when I was logged in less than 60 seconds after Colin posted it. :p

Oh, Xenavire... So close... :(

Gratz on the Sleeves, Erklan! :)

I have others to give away (both Jadiim and Bucc, and a bunch of other stuff). Some random. Some I'll do a giveaway for that might require thought/skill when I think of something to do.

szimek
3WXKD7B1NG9V10VQEXH33ZHW5.... Sry cat ran across the keyboard

THX ;]

It was Set 2 Booster :P

BossHoss
53K3BKCRXQAZRMGYU4ABWC5XW.... Stop it kitty

dogmod
06-05-2015, 12:10 PM
How quick are these code submitters :O

Xenavire
06-05-2015, 12:18 PM
How quick are these code submitters :O

Very fast obviously. :p

The jig's up though, the speedy guys are camping now the surprise is gone. We don't stand a chance.

KingGabriel
06-05-2015, 12:20 PM
Oh, Xenavire... So close... :(

Gratz on the Sleeves, Erklan! :)

I have others to give away (both Jadiim and Bucc, and a bunch of other stuff). Some random. Some I'll do a giveaway for that might require thought/skill when I think of something to do.

I'd recommend putting people into a list and picking randomly rather than deciding it on net/typing speed, timezone, etc.

hex_colin
06-05-2015, 12:22 PM
I'd recommend putting people into a list and picking randomly rather than deciding it on net/typing speed, timezone, etc.

Oh, I know. Wanted to mix it up a bit while no one was expecting it. There will be other, more orderly, chances... I promise... :)

dogmod
06-05-2015, 12:24 PM
Very fast obviously. :p

The jig's up though, the speedy guys are camping now the surprise is gone. We don't stand a chance.

We are dealing with practiced Pro-tier campers obviously ;o

KingGabriel
06-05-2015, 12:25 PM
Oh, I know. Wanted to mix it up a bit while no one was expecting it. There will be other, more orderly, chances... I promise... :)
Urgh, another standardized maths test? :P

Xenavire
06-05-2015, 12:26 PM

Well, I'd make a comment about never winning by pure luck, but my two big stream wins have been insanely lucrative (not that I resold them, but in terms of value...) So I can't really complain.

I do know I'd love to sometimes win a few small things to have a more constant happy feeling, than to just bomb out a few big wins almost a year apart. :p

I probably should be disqualified for whatever is upcoming though - Colin hosted one contest last week or so, I won a few packs there IIRC, and the Monsuun during the Generals Tent...

hex_colin
06-05-2015, 12:27 PM
Well, I'd make a comment about never winning by pure luck, but my two big stream wins have been insanely lucrative (not that I resold them, but in terms of value...) So I can't really complain.

I do know I'd love to sometimes win a few small things to have a more constant happy feeling, than to just bomb out a few big wins almost a year apart. :p

I probably should be disqualified for whatever is upcoming though - Colin hosted one contest last week or so, I won a few packs there IIRC, and the Monsuun during the Generals Tent...

You should check your PM's... :)

Superjuice
06-05-2015, 12:28 PM

I'm looking, why is it EMPTY! ?? :D

szimek
We are dealing with practiced Pro-tier campers obviously ;o

http://i60.tinypic.com/maz8ra.jpg

Gwaer
Don't reward him for posts like that colin! You're teaching him the wrong lessons.

Flairina
Man, wow, did not expect stuff to be being given away on this board; wasn't even here for the last few hours. Though given the comments above I doubt I would have been fast enough to get anything even if I had been. ^^;

hex_colin
06-05-2015, 12:29 PM
Don't reward him for posts like that colin! You're teaching him the wrong lessons.

I'd sent it before that. ;) Anyone who survives 11,400+ posts here deserves a little joy once in a while... :)

Reeplay
06-05-2015, 12:29 PM
Apparently I should go to the forums more often.... Who doesn't love free things

hex_colin
06-05-2015, 12:30 PM
Apparently I should go to the forums more often.... Who doesn't love free things

I'm always giving away free stuff on the forums. My inane drivel should be required reading just on the off chance it'll be profitable... ;)

Phenteo
06-05-2015, 12:31 PM
I'm always giving away free stuff on the forums. My inane drivel should be required reading just on the off chance it'll be profitable... ;)

Pavlovian much?

KingGabriel
06-05-2015, 12:31 PM
*tries typing every first letter of that sentence* nope, didn't work :P

Pavlovian much?

AHH A SPIDER HELP

Reeplay
06-05-2015, 12:33 PM
I'm sure your attempts at buying followers is working for you Colin. It is on me at least. Eventually you might get enough followers to take over the entire internet

Phenteo
06-05-2015, 12:33 PM
I'm sure your attempts at buying followers is working for you Colin. It is on me at least. Eventually you might get enough followers to take over the entire internet

He already controls the internet, you just haven't realized it yet.... ;)

Flairina
06-05-2015, 12:34 PM
*tries typing every first letter of that sentence* nope, didn't work :P

Perhaps it's some sort of word scramble. Quick, try every permutation of those letters! One of them will sureloy work!

Xenavire
06-05-2015, 12:34 PM

And you should clear out yours! ;)

Gwaer
06-05-2015, 12:51 PM
Wouldn't it be hilarious if someone deciphered a hidden code in one of colin's posts that he didn't hide there. And you just guessed someone else's unredeemed code.

Xenavire
06-05-2015, 12:53 PM
Wouldn't it be hilarious if someone deciphered a hidden code in one of colin's posts that he didn't hide there. And you just guessed someone else's unredeemed code.

I'd feel bad for the guy with the code. Especially if it was someone who was planning to gift it to someone - then that person lost a code and looks like a jerk.

BossHoss
06-05-2015, 12:55 PM

Is this the excuse you are sticking to for that GK invalid code I entered while you now have a new Tesla Model S P85D?

IzHaN80
06-05-2015, 12:58 PM
Still nobody in the whole post (including Colin) didn't answer to my question about where is this stream :(

Gwaer
06-05-2015, 01:00 PM
Still nobody in the whole post (including Colin) didn't answer to my question about where is this stream :(

Colin doesn't often stream. I'm sure he'll give us a link if he plans to give anything away there.

Xenavire
06-05-2015, 01:00 PM

Currently, to my knowledge, there is no stream (and if there suddenly is one, it will be mentioned here for sure.)

Phenteo
06-05-2015, 01:04 PM

Actually, you did receive an answer but quickly dismissed it.

The answer was that there isn't a stream done by Colin but, if he were doing one, he'd definitely give out the details if there were any.

The original answer: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=43466&p=492655&viewfull=1#post492655

hex_colin
06-05-2015, 01:06 PM
Currently, to my knowledge, there is no stream (and if there suddenly is one, it will be mentioned here for sure.)

Indeed.

My schedule is... chaotic... and not particularly amenable to streaming consistently. I will stream on the day Set 3 launches though (twitch.tv/hex_colin)... :) I'll definitely post ahead of time so that folks know.

Xenavire
06-05-2015, 01:08 PM
Indeed.

My schedule is... chaotic... and not particularly amenable to streaming consistently. I will stream on the day Set 3 launches though (twitch.tv/hex_colin)... :) I'll definitely post ahead of time so that folks know.

Well then, I know what I will be doing when I realise I have no packs left to draft! Which will probably happen the minute I realise I have to save them all for the weekend...

ossuary
06-05-2015, 01:15 PM
Indeed.

I went to follow you so I wouldn't miss it if you went online while I was watching someone else, and apparently I had already thought to do that some other time. ;)

mttgamer
06-05-2015, 01:20 PM
Back on topic! Happy 2nd birthday hex.
May set 3 cometh soon!
and may dungeons come even sooner!!!

Also I agree with people earlier in the thread of another exalted,
And I definitely vote for nero_jinerous(probably botched spelling?)!!!

Xenavire
06-05-2015, 01:22 PM
May set 3 cometh soon!
and may dungeons come even sooner!!!

It's obviously Nero_Generous.

So, I need to go win millions so I can throw wealth around to match the generosity in my heart, and then I become exalted? *goes to buy lottery tickets*

Steelio
06-05-2015, 01:31 PM
Gets my vote, he's a geeza.

KingGabriel
06-05-2015, 01:34 PM
I er... do not know who nero_jinerous is. Haven't heard of them before 3 days ago. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Flairina
06-05-2015, 01:35 PM
I er... do not know who nero_jinerous is. Haven't heard of them before 3 days ago. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Same. Someone, anyone, a little help?

Gwaer
06-05-2015, 01:37 PM
He's a guy that has been very generous to streamers/various community members. Given away a ton of things to people either for giveaways or just to reward them for the effort they put into streaming and the like. Doesn't post much on the forum but is around. Very understated. He's like the batman of community giving.

hex_colin
06-05-2015, 01:38 PM
It's obviously Nero_Generous.

So, I need to go win millions so I can throw wealth around to match the generosity in my heart, and then I become exalted? *goes to buy lottery tickets*

I strongly believe it isn't just about the money. It's about the commitment of time and energy and positivity to the community. Helping to grow the community and publicize the game. Money surely helps with all of those things, but it shouldn't be a determining factor when it comes to choosing another Exalted. My personal view is that there are currently 5 or 6 folks who deserve consideration for the honor. Time will tell... :)

Superjuice
06-05-2015, 01:38 PM
He also occasionally streams @ http://www.twitch.tv/nero_jinous

He has a farm where he grows unlimited monsuuns

Xenavire
06-05-2015, 01:39 PM
I strongly believe it isn't just about the money. It's about the commitment of time and energy and positivity to the community. Helping to grow the community and publicize the game. Money surely helps with all of those things, but it shouldn't be a determining factor when it comes to choosing another Exalted. My personal view is that there are currently 5 or 6 folks who deserve consideration for the honor. Time will tell... :)

Oh, I am fully aware, I was being the funny. Except when I wasn't.

hex_colin
06-05-2015, 01:39 PM
He also occasionally streams @ http://www.twitch.tv/nero_jinous

He has a farm where he grows unlimited monsuuns

Yeah, if you've ever sold a Mon'suun on the AH, I guarantee you NJ bought it... ;)

Superjuice
06-05-2015, 01:40 PM

agreed, there are a couple streamers who have really put in the work that currently top my list, Nero is right on their tail though : )

KingGabriel
06-05-2015, 01:40 PM
He's a guy that has been very generous to streamers/various community members. Given away a ton of things to people either for giveaways or just to reward them for the effort they put into streaming and the like. Doesn't post much on the forum but is around. Very understated. He's like the batman of community giving.
Apparently I need to watch more streams I guess. Seems weird that I hadn't heard of them before now. Different circles, I suppose.

Warrender
06-05-2015, 02:00 PM
What should i give away? :)

Guaranteed Uruunaz sightings.

IzHaN80
06-05-2015, 02:04 PM
Actually, you did receive an answer but quickly dismissed it.

The answer was that there isn't a stream done by Colin but, if he were doing one, he'd definitely give out the details if there were any.

The original answer: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=43466&p=492655&viewfull=1#post492655I see, yes now i just did read it, my bad

Tinfoil
06-05-2015, 02:05 PM
Nero is definately an awesome guy. I wished I opened my mouth more when I watch streams because he drops amazing gifts on random people :)

I think many of the streamers have done amazing work, but there are also people less exposed than the streamers who do a lot for the community by creating tournaments, building web content and ressources.

RCDv57
06-05-2015, 02:57 PM
Streaming not really my thing, unless Cory Jones is in it.
A shame Nero doesn't post more, he sounds like a cool dude.