PDA

View Full Version : Joker

Do0shebag55
06-04-2015, 06:55 PM
So anyone know what the new Joker promo does?

Skinner
06-04-2015, 08:14 PM
We gave out copies to lots of tournament participants as well as retailers at Origins today, and we encouraged them to take it online and spoil it! :) Haven't seen it anywhere yet myself though... If the full card hasn't started spreading online by tomorrow evening we'll share the whole thing ourselves.

BenJazz
06-05-2015, 11:54 AM
We gave out copies to lots of tournament participants as well as retailers at Origins today, and we encouraged them to take it online and spoil it! :) Haven't seen it anywhere yet myself though... If the full card hasn't started spreading online by tomorrow evening we'll share the whole thing ourselves.

Sweet. Is there any indication as to how players will be able to get their hands on this promo...maybe another league or tournament?

Skinner
06-05-2015, 01:48 PM
In addition to convention use we want to get it into hobby stores for a Game Day promotion or something similar, but with our changes to distribution we're trying to figure out the best way to handle it and other OP items. As soon as we have it figured out we'll be sure to announce details!

GuruGuru214
06-05-2015, 03:52 PM
Found it on Facebook.

Once during each of your turns, you may destroy a Villain you have played this turn. If you do, draw a card and Attack: Each foe gains a Weakness.

LexLuthorJr
06-08-2015, 03:24 PM
I'm surprised they aren't all on eBay already.

Will they be given away at GenCon, then?

philmaester
06-08-2015, 05:23 PM
There is actually a listing on eBay for $50 right now. I was probably going to put up at least one copy as an auction to see how much people would be willing to buy them for. I picked up quite a few from Origins. XD

BenJazz
06-08-2015, 09:53 PM
There is actually a listing on eBay for $50 right now. I was probably going to put up at least one copy as an auction to see how much people would be willing to buy them for. I picked up quite a few from Origins. XD

...or you could donate them to create a DC tournament in your area where players can win them. That is what I have done with extra promos I have gotten in the past. Great way to get player involved at local shops and distribute the good fortune.

aoineko
06-08-2015, 11:21 PM
Will they be given away at GenCon, then?

Should be.

philmaester
06-09-2015, 12:00 PM
...or you could donate them to create a DC tournament in your area where players can win them. That is what I have done with extra promos I have gotten in the past. Great way to get player involved at local shops and distribute the good fortune.
I didn't say I was going to sell them all, but I would like to get back some of the money I spent at Origins. Attending a convention is not a cheap excursion. Xd Although that is a good idea. We tried to get hype for the game through the Crisis League events, but not too many people were into Crisis. I'll probably hold onto a couple to give away as prizes when Cryptozoic decides to do another League kit.

DimeDrl
06-12-2015, 12:50 PM
Does Cryptozoic run a booth at Anime Expo in Los Angeles in July? It may be my only chance to get this promo on the west coast. @_@

Matt_Hyra
06-12-2015, 02:33 PM
Does Cryptozoic run a booth at Anime Expo in Los Angeles in July? It may be my only chance to get this promo on the west coast. @_@

Not a booth, but we will be running demos in the gaming hall. Some Jokers will be available there.
The secret code phrase to get one is: "What is the release date for Teen Titans and Arrow Crossover Pack 2?" Then we will quiz you on the cost and text of a card from the original set.

gerrymul
06-12-2015, 03:13 PM
Wow, you're a tough salesman Matt!

Mac_Apple
06-14-2015, 07:11 AM
Will that password be enforced for Gen-Con too? I super mega really want Joker but I don't wanna pay $50 :eek:

Matt_Hyra
06-14-2015, 10:43 AM
Joker is a participation prize for signing up for DC events. To get one at GenCon, join any DC event. Heck, any of our Deck-building events (Naruto, Hockey, or LotR). We will be taking 8 extra players with generic tickets per event, so you can still get in even though most events are sold out. Just show up 45 minutes early to sign up with generics.

destroth
06-29-2015, 10:34 AM
Ahhhh... Guess there is no way for anyone out of US to get the promo? Would it possible be sold in next few months in the online game store

Matt_Hyra
06-29-2015, 11:04 AM
Ahhhh... Guess there is no way for anyone out of US to get the promo? Would it possible be sold in next few months in the online game store

It will be on the BGG E-Store in a few months.

destroth
06-30-2015, 01:15 AM
It will be on the BGG E-Store in a few months.

Thank Matt, that would be great... will keep an eye open for it :)

MStreva89
06-30-2015, 07:53 AM
Matt, I've been out of the loop on DC for awhile now, but I'd be a poor player if I didn't have every Character card, so how does one who isn't going to these major conventions get a hold of something as awesome as this without spending the $40+ on ebay to snag it?

gerrymul
06-30-2015, 10:03 AM
Matt, I've been out of the loop on DC for awhile now, but I'd be a poor player if I didn't have every Character card, so how does one who isn't going to these major conventions get a hold of something as awesome as this without spending the $40+ on ebay to snag it?

He just posted that it would be on the Boardgamegeek store in a couple of months. The price there is usually less than $5 if I'm not mistaken.

destroth
07-04-2015, 06:46 AM
He just posted that it would be on the Boardgamegeek store in a couple of months. The price there is usually less than $5 if I'm not mistaken.

2.50 for the last time they sold promo... Bought Martian manhunter character and Felix Faust super villian

GamerGurlAR88
07-04-2015, 07:51 AM

And they will sell like hot cakes, I did not mind paying $25 for mine because I am too slow for BGG lol

The4gotNdeath
07-06-2015, 06:52 PM
if i could ever get my hands on a starfire promo i would be so satisfied.

Kr36
09-07-2015, 09:19 PM
Great News! The BGG Store has Joker promo, Martian Manhunter, Gotham City Docks, and Felix Faust all available for $2.50 per card. Go get 'em!