PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday HEX!

hex_colin
06-05-2015, 03:07 PM
https://www.hextcg.com/hex-update-happy-birthday-hex/

Xenavire
06-05-2015, 03:12 PM
Great update! But page 4 isn't working. ;)

I want to see what's on that page!

Gwaer
06-05-2015, 03:15 PM
Rotfl story that'll be told on the birthday of hex for a decade. That's pretty epic.

Leprechauns always getting a bad rap.

Axle
06-05-2015, 03:18 PM
Wow all those champions. Huge surprise. Excuse me as I need to read them all. Then I'll get to the rest of the update :P.

edit: Putting Zodiac Shaman in the starter deck. You monsters!

KingGabriel
06-05-2015, 03:18 PM
http://i.imgur.com/GGiUCbr.gif
loading next issue...

Xenavire
06-05-2015, 03:20 PM
So, this is almost a weeks worth of discussion material. Huuuge update, perfect for the 2nd birthday of Hex.

20 new champs, new starter, amusing sleeves... Speaking of which, when will those drop? Alongside set 3?

israel.kendall
06-05-2015, 03:23 PM
https://laughupmysleeve.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/mindblown_6413a2aef3142eab8dd789403f71008e.gif

20?!?!

Axle
06-05-2015, 03:29 PM
Oh boy.
That ramp champion.

Cirouss
06-05-2015, 03:29 PM
I love the Update! HYPED FOR 20 NEW CHAMPIONS!

poizonous
06-05-2015, 03:30 PM
Amazing update guys... only 1 thing missing......

But anyway lets not dwell on what isnt in the update and talk about the 20 CHAMPIONS.... 20 new champions seems like an outrageously high # of new champs...

Automatic Standouts are

Winter Moon - The Wild/Sapphire Dual threshold champion. Easily the strongest of all champion powers giving you back 2 troops/actions and making them cantrips.

Boris Blastforge - Temporary flight for a mere 2 charges makes this instantly better than Feather Drifting, making his ability more elusive to kill spells. Double Sapphire might limit his use but definitely a top contender

Madame Anana - Blood/Diamond threshold 3 charges to make a 1/1 flying phantom... Making Extinction potentially even better by not having to fear having a troop on the battlefield.

Champions lacking potential

Concubunny Yuka - Double Blood and 5 Charges to discard a card from opponents hand. Had this been a Random card in their hand or had you gotten to see the hand I would have this as ranked higher but I would petition this card to go down to 4 charges or it may never see play

Mightsinger Alyndra - Double wild 5 charges to create a Gigantisaur. I wish I knew the appeal of champions making vanilla troops... Guess this is just one champion I cant get behind, maybe someone will tell me how getting a 7 cost 7/7 with 0 evasion is a good thing to waste your champion power on but this one is beyond me.

And now after writing all this I realize I am going to make an article covering all 20 new champions. Will post here when its done

hex_colin
06-05-2015, 03:32 PM
Speaking of which, when will those drop? Alongside set 3?

Yeah, the next big content patch last I heard. :)

Gwaer
06-05-2015, 03:33 PM
Unless it explicitly states otherwise you should just assume anything they spoil in the lead up to the next patch is happening in the next patch. =P

Xenavire
06-05-2015, 03:37 PM
Unless it explicitly states otherwise you should just assume anything they spoil in the lead up to the next patch is happening in the next patch. =P

Hey, we can't see the sleeves in the game files anymore. I thought there was a (tiny) chance they were already waiting to be added. :p

Vorsa
06-05-2015, 03:42 PM
20 Champions! :eek:

As you'd expect with 20 (and no-one expected 20!), there are some real stand-outs & some real stinkers...

I think the devs must have re-evaluated the strength of older powers, as quite a few 'variant' powers on these are significantly weaker in comparison.
E.g. Thox pays 1 less than Zared but for half the effect & loss of all removal potential, while Savvas pays 1 more for just the removal potential without the debuff ability.

Anywho; my right-this-second favorites are:
> Urgnock - amazing with the new orcs (and ruby necrotics too).
> Zorzym of Korru - eggs!
> Cressida - my intuition is big things ahead for this one.

Flairina
06-05-2015, 04:01 PM
The coyotle cards look interesting; they're spoiling certain things about future events in their descriptions. If we get more "sign" cards, we could put together a rough picture of what has and will happen in Hex's future and past.

KingGabriel
06-05-2015, 04:07 PM
The coyotle cards look interesting; they're spoiling certain things about future events in their descriptions. If we get more "sign" cards, we could put together a rough picture of what has and will happen in Hex's future and past.

I really really hope they don't have heavy PvE spoilers in PvP cards. :S

Flairina
06-05-2015, 04:09 PM
I really really hope they don't have heavy PvE spoilers in PvP cards. :S

Well, it's possible all of the events have already happened. I doubt it, given the whole future vision thing is focused on more than the past, but even then the descriptions are fairly obscured and give no details behind WHY any of it happened. So I don't think it's heavy spoilers so much as teasing us with the barest of information.

Also, I do hope there are some Pinatoo cards in the works, those look like a fun "race"... :D

KingGabriel
06-05-2015, 04:12 PM
Well, it's possible all of the events have already happened. I doubt it, given the whole future vision thing is focused on more than the past, but even then the descriptions are fairly obscured and give no details behind WHY any of it happened. So I don't think it's heavy spoilers so much as teasing us with the barest of information.

Also, I do hope there are some Pinatoo cards in the works, those look like a fun "race"... :D

I am deathly afraid of pinatas now. D:

Xavon
06-05-2015, 09:31 PM
Amazing update guys... only 1 thing missing......

Mightsinger Alyndra - Double wild 5 charges to create a Gigantisaur. I wish I knew the appeal of champions making vanilla troops... Guess this is just one champion I cant get behind, maybe someone will tell me how getting a 7 cost 7/7 with 0 evasion is a good thing to waste your champion power on but this one is beyond me.

Still better than 7 charges for an Oracle Song. If Oracle Song had a really good equip, it might be worth it.

Alyndra is about on par with Polonius. The Gigantisaur is bigger and will benefit from whatever equips the lizard eventually gets; while the Squirrel goes directly into play and gets crush, but must attack and costs three more charges. Polonius gives you a bigger Beast of Briggadon, but Aly gets it sooner.

ossuary
06-05-2015, 09:52 PM
Personally, it feels like the devs are afraid of making champions too good, so they are pulling punches and going too far the other way instead. There are certain advantages to having more high cost troops in your hand in certain Elf decks (think Puck, Pupil of Creation, etc.), and they certainly generate a lot of extra resources from the spoilers we've seen, but even then it's a very fringe case. On the whole, several of the new champions are very underwhelming, and a couple of them will become the new staples (especially since you can't use set 1/2 champs in 3-3-3 draft).

I still say at least some of the champions should have been quick instead of basic.

WolfCrypt
06-05-2015, 10:06 PM
I'm ignorant I feel most of the powers are fair but some even my limited knowledge of this sorta thing is like what? I mean ten for an oracle song was it? Is ridiculous its not that op...

poizonous
06-05-2015, 10:47 PM
I'm ignorant I feel most of the powers are fair but some even my limited knowledge of this sorta thing is like what? I mean ten for an oracle song was it? Is ridiculous its not that op...

Wyatt allows you 1 card drawn for 5. Granting you an oracle song for 7 is actually very good if you are flooding and need to find an answer or even if you are top decking late and hit a 7th charge

Edswor
06-06-2015, 12:55 AM
I really like the new champs, and as (even though I have been with Hex since the beginning) I'm new to tcg I can't predict which ones will be good or bad until I played several drafts/constructed games.