PDA

View Full Version : Wait.. What?!

WolfCrypt
06-07-2015, 04:04 PM
I was double checking to see if I owned all coyotle cards in set 1/2 and minus Sight and Canyon I do but I found this card called Wildwood Beastcaller a player told me its a set 3 pve card but maybe its not a card but was taken out of game but tcgbrowser not removed it? Or maybe no one has it? This looks like a cool card I hope its real.

Xenavire
06-07-2015, 04:07 PM
I was double checking to see if I owned all coyotle cards in set 1/2 and minus Sight and Canyon I do but I found this card called Wildwood Beastcaller a player told me its a set 3 pve card but maybe its not a card but was taken out of game but tcgbrowser not removed it? Or maybe no one has it? This looks like a cool card I hope its real.

It is not currently in-game and there is no info for when it is coming out, but alongside set 3 isn't a terrible guess. We also don't know what the source will be if this does make it into the game.

Hellforge
06-07-2015, 04:09 PM
Good old fashioned 'spoiler' from back when they had working names for cards. It'll happen but you can't buy it quite yet.

Hellforge
06-07-2015, 04:09 PM
Damn, I must learn to click post faster. What Xenavire said :D

IronPheasant
06-07-2015, 04:51 PM
A link to its google search. (http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/?_escaped_fragment_=/cardid%3D921#!/cardid=921)

Did we get confirmation on more PvE cards with set 3, or does that just refer to spinning and I just hallucinated the entire thing?

Xenavire
06-07-2015, 05:02 PM
A link to its google search. (http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/?_escaped_fragment_=/cardid%3D921#!/cardid=921)

Did we get confirmation on more PvE cards with set 3, or does that just refer to spinning and I just hallucinated the entire thing?

I honestly don't remember, but if chests opening lands it could be another source of PvE cards, meaning we could have wheels/chests, and potentially even arena drop updates. But with no official confirmation, we may be only getting new wheels stuff, with anything else landing with the next PvE update.

Fun to speculate but as far as I know there is nothing solid in terms of news.

Axle
06-07-2015, 05:04 PM
In the first build of the PVE test realm (and Cory's stream), we had access to quite a few more PVE cards and equipment. This was one of them, among others like Cerulean Sky Mage and a card for Hogarth itself.

Maybe they were the chest cards? Considering the timing and that chests hadn't been pushed back yet, it's likely.

WolfCrypt
06-07-2015, 05:28 PM
I hope we get like 350 pve cards when 'Set 1' comes out with dungeons

IronPheasant
06-07-2015, 07:46 PM
While on the subject of blasts from the past awaiting us in the future

http://www.casualhex.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/gems_example_cass.png

RCDv57
06-07-2015, 07:51 PM
Oh man I remember those silly card sockets.
The new card layout is so much better.

Gwaer
06-07-2015, 07:54 PM
I was really confused by that art. Because cassandra has dark hair, and a scar and that AA didn't work. Then I realized that was not supposed to be the cassandra from dragon age inquisition.

Aradon
06-07-2015, 08:09 PM
Speaking of some of those test server equipment, does anyone know if Highlands Magus had a piece that reduced his cost by 1? I could have sworn that existed, but I can't find it in client now.

KingGabriel
06-07-2015, 08:12 PM
Speaking of some of those test server equipment, does anyone know if Highlands Magus had a piece that reduced his cost by 1? I could have sworn that existed, but I can't find it in client now.
http://v.gd/raproost - snapshot of all test server equipment.

Aradon
06-07-2015, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the link, did find it. Boots slot, Highland Magus has cost -1. Pretty sweet :P

ossuary
06-07-2015, 08:25 PM
The Lady Cassandra card looks more like the Lady Shimmer from The Accidental Knight than the Lady Shimmer card does. :p

wolzarg
06-07-2015, 10:07 PM
Also that card based on the last we saw of it has equipment that enable tri color humans in pve like its nobodys buisness.

IronPheasant
06-07-2015, 10:57 PM
Agree, the new card frames are ace. My only major quibble with them is using the same background for all multicolored cards. I guess we can assume Hybrid might be a thing eventually.

Can't wait for the inevitable legendary troop with sockets that has like five million of them.

The sound of glorious inevitability.

ossuary
06-08-2015, 04:07 AM
My only major quibble with them is using the same background for all multicolored cards.

Why? Magic used a generic Gold border for all multi-colored cards regardless of the actual colors on the card, and nobody complained. You can see the colors in Hex very easily because of the threshold right along the side (even easier than holding Magic cards, since the casting cost of those tends to be obscured in your hand by the card on top of it).

KingGabriel
06-08-2015, 04:10 AM
Why? Magic used a generic Gold border for all multi-colored cards regardless of the actual colors on the card, and nobody complained. You can see the colors in Hex very easily because of the threshold right along the side (even easier than holding Magic cards, since the casting cost of those tends to be obscured in your hand by the card on top of it).
Personally I'd like them tinted a bit depending on the threshold - more of an aesthetic suggestion than a functional one.

IronPheasant
06-08-2015, 10:55 AM
Why? Magic used a generic Gold border for all multi-colored cards regardless of the actual colors on the card, and nobody complained.

Oh, we complained. All opinions are held.

It's quite garish. The HEX cosmic starfield is a thing of beauty in comparison, and at least fits the coyotes. And humans, somewhat.

You can see the colors in Hex very easily because of the threshold right along the side (even easier than holding Magic cards, since the casting cost of those tends to be obscured in your hand by the card on top of it).

Yeah, that's one of the very purposeful features from having the luxury of 20 years of hindsight. Magic did the same thing for the Futureshifted frames, and it's sort of almost standard in the genre now.

Aradon
06-08-2015, 11:04 AM
For what it's worth, I greatly enjoy the hybrid 2-color frames from MtG, think they look tons better than the gold frames. I'd like to see two or three color borders for Hex in a similar vein at some point. Currently, the gold frame looks closer to appropriate for sapphire/red combos. I had thought perhaps that was because it was originally for the Triumverate, which was ruby/sapphire/diamond, and hoped they would shift the colors slightly for different combinations later.

Still not ruling that possibilty out.

Bombs
06-08-2015, 11:31 AM
I suspect that the use of the current frame is partially due to not wanting to step on WotC's toes and fuel their trade dress argument.

Gwaer
06-08-2015, 12:33 PM
I suspect that the use of the current frame is partially due to not wanting to step on WotC's toes and fuel their trade dress argument.

I doubt that's part of it.