PDA

View Full Version : Set 3 Starter Decks

YourOpponent
06-08-2015, 05:43 AM
So I'm really curious about these and was wondering if the Set 3 starter decks will be coming with a special sleeve only accessible to those that bought that starter deck. It would help increase sales and make the starter decks more desirable for older players (due to them including cards from previous sets) as well it'd help make things interesting and I could see Rhythmic Spiritualist being pretty awesome as a card sleeve.

Xenavire
06-08-2015, 05:52 AM
So I'm really curious about these and was wondering if the Set 3 starter decks will be coming with a special sleeve only accessible to those that bought that starter deck. It would help increase sales and make the starter decks more desirable for older players (due to them including cards from previous sets) as well it'd help make things interesting and I could see Rhythmic Spiritualist being pretty awesome as a card sleeve.

I am pretty sure they would have mentioned sleeves in the Friday update if there were plans for it. The lack of any mention leads me to believe it won't be happening.

Showsni
06-08-2015, 06:01 AM
They should do like Pokémon TCG does, and have each starter deck come with a unique coin you can set to flip at the start of matches. Because we need more things to collect!

Kami
06-08-2015, 07:18 AM
I'm just semi-excited that one of my cards is in the Coyotle starter. *lol*

WolfCrypt
06-08-2015, 07:20 AM
I'm just semi-excited that one of my cards is in the Coyotle starter. *lol*

Which one is that?

Koz
06-08-2015, 01:12 PM
So if we accumulate the cards for these starters it will unlock new starter trials for each of these just like the other starter decks?

Xenavire
06-08-2015, 01:13 PM
So if we accumulate the cards for these starters it will unlock new starter trials for each of these just like the other starter decks?

I'd imagine so, but no info is available to confirm or deny.

WolfCrypt
06-08-2015, 01:21 PM
About these Set 3 decks I'm curious bout two things. 1: What will be in Elf and Necrotic decks? and 2: Will future sets have 'structure decks'?

nicosharp
06-08-2015, 01:24 PM
I'm fairly sure they will leave the starter decks as a new player trap with no unique benefits.
It's instant access to a deck they are interested in playing, no trouble to them for deck building. Instant access to new deck challenges.

This way, there is no ill-will towards HEX for tying the decks to exclusive content, that may 'force' the general playerbases hand to buy-into it. If we can still acquire the cards individually and still play the trials/challenges, that would be great.

Axle
06-08-2015, 01:31 PM
Meh. I'd never feel "forced" by a sleeve. I don't think many others would either. If I want the sleeve, I'll treat it as if they were selling it in the official store for 1000p. Starter deck stuff is just a bonus.

nicosharp
06-08-2015, 01:36 PM
Meh. I'd never feel "forced" by a sleeve. I don't think many others would either. If I want the sleeve, I'll treat it as if they were selling it in the official store for 1000p. Starter deck stuff is just a bonus.

I'm all for it, I just don't see it happening. They've made it pretty uniform so far regarding rarity break-down to all the set 1 starter decks.

Axle
06-08-2015, 01:42 PM
It wasn't entirely clear in the article. Are the new starter decks going to be available when you create your account too? Or just in the store?

WolfCrypt
06-08-2015, 01:42 PM
Both