PDA

View Full Version : A little request regarding the release of Set 3

Khazrakh
06-08-2015, 02:23 PM
First of all - no I'm not going to ask for a release date and no I'm not asking to release Set 3 ASAP. Actually, I'm somewhat going to ask for the opposite:

With all the recent spoilers we had it really feels like Set 3 is going to be released pretty soon, last we heard it's going to be in June and since it's the 8th already that only leaves us with ~20 days for a release.

Now in the early days of Hex we had quite some estimates when we were going to see what and HXE rightfully stopped giving out those estimates, because they were severely off most of the time and people kept planning around those estimates and got disappointed.
The flip side of the coin is that most of us (Kickstarters at least) aren't 19 anymore. I absolutely can set aside quite some time to play Hex and I even can and would like to block an entire weekend for it. But I can't do it in a matter of days. If one of the next Friday Updates is going to be "yay, Set 3 next Tuesday, release events the weekend after" it just wouldn't be enough time for me to clear up my timetable.

So please HXE - as soon as you feel Set 3 is ready, go ahead and release it, but please please, give us some time to plan ahead once you are confident enough to give us the date.

RCDv57
06-08-2015, 02:26 PM
Set 3 Armies of Myth confirmed to be released tomorrow.

WolfCrypt
06-08-2015, 02:29 PM

If your going to tease do it nice

RCDv57
06-08-2015, 02:42 PM
If your going to tease do it nice

Is that better?
Did I do it right?
plz help.

IronPheasant
06-08-2015, 02:47 PM
Excellent work. Much amaze.

Zophie
06-08-2015, 02:51 PM

lol to be honest this would be terrible for me, rumor has it the Steam Summer Sale will be starting on June 11th, and I'm already pretty broke from the last wave of games I bought recently - for the sake of my wallet I hope Set 3 at least lets me get another paycheck under my belt before release ;)

RCDv57
06-08-2015, 03:02 PM
lol to be honest this would be terrible for me, rumor has it the Steam Summer Sale will be starting on June 11th, and I'm already pretty broke from the last wave of games I bought recently - for the sake of my wallet I hope Set 3 at least lets me get another paycheck under my belt before release ;)

GOG.com is selling a bunch of stuffs for 1-2 dollars.
*runs away giggling*

Saeijou
06-08-2015, 03:29 PM

whaaaaat? time to lock my wallet...

Svenn
06-08-2015, 08:14 PM

Steam sales used to be scary. Now I just own most of the Steam library so the sales are like "Own it, own it, own it..."

Seriously crossing my fingers for release by the end of the month. I really want to spend my week off work playing Set 3.

elfstone
06-08-2015, 09:15 PM
im the same way. I own just around 350 games on steam. I buy mebbe like 5 games during sales now :)

THIS is what is gonna kill me

https://www.reapermini.com/

Reaper Bones 3 kickstarter O_o

RCDv57
06-08-2015, 09:27 PM
im the same way. I own just around 350 games on steam. I buy mebbe like 5 games during sales now :)

My collection is nearing that point and over half of the games I've never even installed.

Zophie
06-08-2015, 09:30 PM

yeah, 421 here (http://steamcommunity.com/id/zophie), but even then those sales still manage to find something that tempts me :D

Salverus
06-08-2015, 11:19 PM
ok, back on topic
Didn't they say we would get at least a one week notice before the AA commons will be removed from the store, which will most likely happen at the same day as the release of set3

Gwaer
06-08-2015, 11:30 PM
Yea they did say that.

RCDv57
06-09-2015, 07:50 AM
Is a week enough time for you get some time off Khazrakh?

YourOpponent
06-09-2015, 07:55 AM
Is a week enough time for you get some time off Khazrakh?

Most of us need at least a 2 weeks notice given to work to get requested time off. I would definitely request off the weekend of Set 3 release for some insanely fun drafting/sealed play if we can get a 2-3 weeks notice :)

Khazrakh
06-09-2015, 11:17 AM
Most of us need at least a 2 weeks notice given to work to get requested time off. I would definitely request off the weekend of Set 3 release for some insanely fun drafting/sealed play if we can get a 2-3 weeks notice :)

Aye that's about the time I'd need as well.
It's not only (but mostly) about work though, I have other obligations I need to fulfill as well so yeah 2-3 weeks would be fantastic and all I'm asking for really :)

nicetodd
06-09-2015, 11:48 AM
Why does it matter if you take time off right at release vs. Days later? Other than a little tickle in your tummy...

Khazrakh
06-09-2015, 12:00 PM
Why does it matter if you take time off right at release vs. Days later? Other than a little tickle in your tummy...

Because it's most fun when it's freshest ;)?

YourOpponent
06-09-2015, 12:29 PM

Because of content such as when Set 2 came out in December. The day it came out sure you could come across Set 2 in tournaments, but that weekend there was "release weekend" (which was a few days after the release) where people that placed 1st in Draft or 8-Player Sealed would get an AA Filk Ape and everybody received AA Darkspire Punishers from doing tournaments during that weekend. As well during release weekend Set 2 tournaments used only Set 2 instead of it being 1-1-2.

Making it so that if you're taking the time off a few days later enjoyable for mindless amounts of tournaments to try to get a play set of limited time content while enjoying a slightly different structure from tournaments from normal. Whereas when Set 3 does come out the format and rules will likely be the same as it normally is with something special from a release weekend for Set 3.

Gwaer
06-09-2015, 01:09 PM
You do run the risk of bugs and server outages wasting your time off, though. I'd be careful about planning time off around a game in beta.

Salverus
06-09-2015, 01:13 PM
I tried this once, was for the tournament on the test server, but after trying for over an hour i couldnt even log into the game. Never again, playing the content a few days after it is released doesnt matter, since there will be plenty of time to enjoy it before their next major patch after set3 release.

hex_colin
06-09-2015, 01:16 PM
You do run the risk of bugs and server outages wasting your time off, though. I'd be careful about planning time off around a game in beta.

This.

The weekend after release is probably a better bet for extended HEX playtime, especially if they do a Release Event again. :)

N3rd4Christ
06-09-2015, 01:27 PM
Steam Sale? Who has time for games other than hex?

Khazrakh
06-09-2015, 01:33 PM
This.

The weekend after release is probably a better bet for extended HEX playtime, especially if they do a Release Event again. :)

That's what I'm hoping for ;)
Sadly I need to know some time in advance if I want to block my time, no matter what day of the week it is.

Phenteo
06-10-2015, 01:31 PM
We'll certainly give a heads up. :)

RCDv57
06-10-2015, 01:42 PM
TBH I am more excited about the full spoiler list being posted, than I am about actually getting to play with all the new stuff.

Barkam
06-10-2015, 02:59 PM
We'll certainly give a heads up. :)

Oh noes. Set 3 wont be out earlier than 2 weeks from Phenteo's comment! Sky is falling!