PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Hunting

atpmerchant
06-10-2015, 06:57 PM
For those of you who have encountered Uruunaz in the arena about how many runs did it take before you saw him? And if you saw him again how many more runs was it?

I really want to find him, i've done about 15 so far and it looks like he's super rare. I plan to grind until i find him, i just wanna know how much of my life i'm sacrificing for the chance to see him.

IndigoShade
06-10-2015, 07:05 PM
I wasn't exactly counting, but the one and only time I encountered him must have been after 25-50 runs or so. I have easily gone through the arena at least 3x that since and haven't seen him again. It's funny, I was worried I wasn't going to be able to beat him and he got shard screwed :p

Thrawn
06-10-2015, 07:05 PM
I've talked to people who claim to have done over 100 runs without seeing him.

Never seen him myself, but haven't done that many arena runs either.

Flairina
06-10-2015, 07:09 PM
For those of you who have encountered Uruunaz in the arena about how many runs did it take before you saw him? And if you saw him again how many more runs was it?

I really want to find him, i've done about 15 so far and it looks like he's super rare. I plan to grind until i find him, i just wanna know how much of my life i'm sacrificing for the chance to see him.

Don't expect him any time soon. Many people have done hundreds of runs and encountered him only once, if at all. Most of the people that saw him multiple times had it happen in the first two weeks of the arena, where he was much more common due to the system not being set up properly. It was also possible to win Leeching Burrowers from other arena bosses, which is the only reason I own one right now.

Bloodslave
06-10-2015, 07:14 PM
I saw his emblem after about 160-200 arena runs on one I ended early and then again about 80 runs later, sadly on another run I ended early :L

Roy_G
06-10-2015, 07:15 PM
Twice in about 80+ runs and that was in the first 2 weeks in the arena.

Xavon
06-10-2015, 07:17 PM
Dozens (maybe even triple digits) of runs later, I have never seen big U.

Shadowflame
06-10-2015, 07:27 PM
Haven't seen him in 200+ runs.

sukebe
06-10-2015, 07:54 PM
I am at around 150 (didn't count when I first started so I don't have an exact number) and I have yet to see him

IronPheasant
06-10-2015, 07:59 PM
546 pieces of equipment gives me a guesstimate of 78 to 90 runs of senpai not noticing me.

I think he has under a 1% spawn chance.

RCDv57
06-10-2015, 08:01 PM
I plan to grind until i find him, i just wanna know how much of my life i'm sacrificing for the chance to see him

Don't do it man. Its not worth it man. You gonna lose yo mind man.

Skirovik
06-10-2015, 08:07 PM
It's a shame he doesn't have a slightly higher spawn rate. Such a low spawn rate is just depressing. I get that they want him to be a "wow omg uruunaz!" kinda thing, but I think they nerfed his spawn rate a bit too much. Now it's more like "don't even bother hoping to find him, he's pretty much non-existant :(" which just makes me sad. :(

Kramer
06-10-2015, 09:54 PM
I am not sure how many I have done but I am certain it is over 150 and I can say with certainty I have not seen Urunaaz yet.

hex_colin
06-10-2015, 09:58 PM
Part of me wants DataDragon to edit every post in this thread (and the other threads discussing the same thing) to add actual number of Arena clears for each poster. For science, obviously... :)

Not because I don't believe folks, moreso to see if their perception matches reality. Also, Kramer has definitely done at least 150 runs if the amount of Gold he's sent me is any indication. :)

Skirovik
06-10-2015, 09:59 PM
Part of me wants DataDragon to edit every post in this thread (and the other threads discussing the same thing) to add actual number of Arena clears for each poster. For science, obviously... :)

Not because I don't believe folks, moreso to see if their perception matches reality. Also, Kramer has definitely done at least 150 runs if the amount of Gold he's sent me is any indication. :)

Oh man, that would be AWESOME! I would love to know how many arena runs (both complete and incomplete) I have done.

DataDragon, pretty please? Even if just a PM? :D

Kramer
06-10-2015, 10:01 PM
Not all gold I have sent to Colin came from Arena Runs, maybe I have done less and it just feels like a lot but I give away a lot of equipment to newbies for free and my inventory says I have 1199 pieces but I do have Dungeon Crawler so not sure how it is calculated. I would be curious about my exact number.

Kilo24
06-10-2015, 10:16 PM
I'd be curious as well. I'm sitting at 948 pieces of equipment as another Dungeon Crawler and still have yet to see Uruunaz. I suppose I might have missed him in an unfinished run (I still am not sure what to look for on the results screen), but I've certainly never met him in play.

nicosharp
06-10-2015, 10:18 PM
I'd like an accurate tally of my runs actually. I think I'm on the way luckier end of encounters, even though the dry spell was very painful.

Shadowflame
06-10-2015, 10:35 PM
I have 1237 pieces of equipment, no Dungeon Crawler. I haven't bought and sold much because most of it's worthless. Please do tell me the actual number. Based on the average number of equipment I've gotten over the last 30 games, I'd say 200 is a fair estimate. What do you think?

Flairina
06-10-2015, 10:49 PM
Yeesh, where do all of you find the time for that many runs? Even at an average 35 minutes per run, assuming you're using optimized speedrun decks and get perfect clears every time, that's almost 88 hours of Hex. I mean yes, that's since the arena came out, but that's ALSO assuming your computer runs Hex at top speed (which is less than true for me, so it's more like hour and a half runs for me, maybe only an hour if I'm using a speedy deck), so I can probably increase that by a fair bit for a lot of people. You guys must get a lot more out of the same 20 or so arena champs than I do, I get WAY too bored to play through it with that sort of regularity. :|

israel.kendall
06-11-2015, 12:05 AM
http://i.imgur.com/4O0SXqO.jpg

Vorsa
06-11-2015, 12:11 AM
I have seen him once very early on, but not since - and I pretty much do one run a day w/ an extra few at weekends (must hoard GOLD!).

Sadly it was just before Dungeon Crawler rewards were introduced, so I've never faced him for the gargantuan haul...

Voormas
06-11-2015, 01:43 AM
Assuming 9000gp from a full clear I've done at LEAST 95 without seeing Uruunaz

http://i.imgur.com/BeOGp7n.png

I've blurred out my plat but all of that gold is from Arena (I always used to roll chests with winnings from tournaments because I didn't think gold was really worth all that much - woops!), also I bought 2 of the AA from the official store with gold but then just bought the rest on the AH back when the prices weren't nuts so actually it's more like 100+ runs and no dragon :(

Erukk
06-11-2015, 01:47 AM
I got absurdly lucky and ran into him two Arena runs in a row in the first couple of weeks of its launch, but those were the only times, and I've never seen him since.

I got to roll on (most) of my chests at least.

Salverus
06-11-2015, 01:47 AM
spawn rate is so low that if Cory would state uruunaz was removed 2 weeks after the arena launched, i would believe him.

Valnir
06-11-2015, 02:37 AM
I have done usually 1 run a day since arena launch and faced Uruunaz around 2-3 weeks ago. Luckily I managed to defeat it.
Can anybody confirm that, if you kill it multiple times, the reward increases?

Erukk
06-11-2015, 02:39 AM
I have done usually 1 run a day since arena launch and faced Uruunaz around 2-3 weeks ago. Luckily I managed to defeat it.
Can anybody confirm that, if you kill it multiple times, the reward increases?

The 100k gold stayed the same, but my second kill rewarded less of his other items. (Only 1 Burrowing Leech and such.)

Timlagor
06-11-2015, 03:24 AM

This would certainly be nice to know.
Of course you could just find out his spawn rate for us :)

Xenavire
06-11-2015, 03:49 AM
I have done ?? runs. I have met Uruunaz multiple times pre-nerf, once post.

ossuary
06-11-2015, 04:11 AM
I don't know how many arena runs I have done, but I'm pretty sure at this point it's close to 100, if not more than that (I'd be curious to know the actual number as well - will ask DataDragon in 2 weeks!). I encountered Uruunaz twice during the initial launch period of the Arena, and twice more since the Arena was patched (although one of those times was just his icon on the victory screen when I abandoned a dumb deck I had been toying around with on just the first tier - you tease!).

Some people are just really unlucky with his spawning. He's definitely out there. I understand why he spawns as infrequently as he does, and I agree with CZE's reasons behind it.

desk
06-11-2015, 05:58 AM
As someone who has been hunting for the sleeves I am more frustrated that encounter rate was bugged the first two weeks then the current encounter %. I don't like that most people with the sleeves got them in the first two weeks, and those of us unlucky or that couldn't farm then now have a much much much lower chance to get them. It seems very arbitrary to me. It was okay that all those people got the cards and sleeves but now lets turn it off.

I know it shouldn't bother me because it doesn't directly effect me but it does.

Diesbudt
06-11-2015, 06:04 AM
400+ runs, spotted (and killed) 1 time

DocX
06-11-2015, 06:29 AM

In addition, whether or not those runs were before the Dungeon Crawler patch or after. By all accounts, the encounter rate dramatically lowered after that patch. In the interests of getting accurate data, that should be included as well.

I don't know that I've done 100+ runs yet, but I know I've likely done 60+ without encountering the mythical dragon yet in an actual game. I don't know if any of those runs was "supposed" to have me hit Uru in later tiers and I lost early. That likely would have happened before I knew to check the reward screen for the badge indicating he was "on the list".

vickrpg
06-11-2015, 06:34 AM
no clue how many runs, but I've never seen him. definitely run a lot though.

Rather than just having Data Dragon give us the data, More arena info in the API would make me super happy.
a full run history, which bosses encountered, wins/losses, challenges encountered, rewards recieved, turns taken per encounter, etc would be awesome. but right now I'd settle for # of runs and # of full clears.

ziggarius
06-11-2015, 06:36 AM
Uruunaz doesn't exist in the arena. Probably well over 100 runs myself, i lost track. Can't check how many pieces of equipment i got so far.

Elwinz
06-11-2015, 06:38 AM
Colin i would love ot have actual number but my 1600+ equipments says i am above 200 runs mark and 1 enocunter

ossuary
06-11-2015, 06:54 AM
As someone who has been hunting for the sleeves I am more frustrated that encounter rate was bugged the first two weeks then the current encounter %.

I don't know that anyone has ever officially said it was BUGGED. All we know is that it was CHANGED.

desk
06-11-2015, 07:52 AM
I don't know that anyone has ever officially said it was BUGGED. All we know is that it was CHANGED.

Changed makes it worse then bugged in my opinion. Seems very unfair to decide okay lets just not let anyone else have a reasonable shot of getting these.

Saeijou
06-11-2015, 07:56 AM
Haven't seen him in 200+ runs.

i know that feeling :(

Superjuice
06-11-2015, 08:06 AM
I gave up, I have more fun poking myself in the eye than I do running the arena. Disappointed that the drop rate got nerfed into the ground, but apparently that's the "bait". I'll wait til we have real pve or the encounter rate gets adjusted back to something more realistic.

Lafoote
06-11-2015, 08:10 AM
It's just too damn low.

Maybe if he awarded a hundred-MILLION gold instead of one hundred-thousand it would be necessary to have this low an occurrence. At current amounts, something closer to about 3% doesn't seem like it would destroy the game or the economy.

Uruunaz sleeves should be a fun perk, not a lifetime achievement award.

strawwmann
06-12-2015, 01:43 AM
Uruunaz sleeves should be a fun perk, not a lifetime achievement award.

It's great to have have such a lofty goal in life :)

When I grow up, I want to file all day long,
Claw my way to middle management.
What do you want to be...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88JRvXzytec

The_Lannisters
06-12-2015, 03:41 AM
I've talked to people who claim to have done over 100 runs without seeing him.

Never seen him myself, but haven't done that many arena runs either.

Same here!

Littlejon24
06-12-2015, 03:41 AM

just found him. first time seeing him and took him down. used a Ruby/Wild rush deck to do some speed runs

primer
06-12-2015, 04:48 AM
1690 pieces of equipment and many pieces sold, still no Uruunaz.

Diesbudt
06-12-2015, 05:01 AM
I like how rare he shows up. I want it to be something that takes a lot of trys. For those that remember the baron mount in WoW, the whole 0.01% drop rate or whatever. I ran that solo in BC (30min a run) 784 times. I kept a tally sheet. I found the mount on that run and immediately felt all that effort worth it over about 2 years. Plus all the gold I made allowed me to take partial control of the AH giving me a lot of gold.

I have treated the arena the same way. Running for gold looking for Uruunaz 100k (already killed him once) just as I have made 12000 platinum earning and selling gold in preparation for set 3.

Bloodslave
06-12-2015, 06:34 AM
I have treated the arena the same way. Running for gold looking for Uruunaz 100k (already killed him once) just as I have made 12000 platinum earning and selling gold in preparation for set 3.

Are you tallying the runs between dragons?

nicetodd
06-12-2015, 09:05 AM
Interesting this thread remains here whereas mine on similar subject was moved to beta forum. Just an observation. *raised eyebrow*

Lafoote
06-19-2015, 02:21 PM
http://s26.postimg.org/kn75g1u8l/Uru_cart.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/kn75g1u8l/)

israel.kendall
06-19-2015, 02:25 PM
Interesting this thread remains here whereas mine on similar subject was moved to beta forum. Just an observation. *raised eyebrow*

It is almost impossible to tell what belongs in the 2 different forums. I'm not even sure why we have them in the first place, as anything HEX related is essentially beta related as HEX is in beta.

plaguedealer
06-19-2015, 02:26 PM
I saw him last week, he is definitely still around

Yoss
06-19-2015, 02:49 PM
All I know is, I'm not spending plat on Gauntlet until I meet and kill Uru.

EntropyBall
06-19-2015, 03:18 PM
All I know is, I'm not spending plat on Gauntlet until I meet and kill Uru.
Not real sure of this logic on that one...

nicosharp
06-19-2015, 03:20 PM

It's Chark Bait.

wolzarg
06-19-2015, 03:21 PM
Either he is saying he will punish hex for the low droprates but not giving them plat
or
he is saying he is refusing to give up unil he reaches his goal.

Feel free to read into it what you want.

Xenavire
06-19-2015, 03:22 PM

It's Chark Bait.

Either he is saying he will punish hex for the low droprates but not giving them plat
or
he is saying he is refusing to give up unil he reaches his goal.

Feel free to read into it what you want.

My guess is time constraints, along with priorities. Makes a lot more sense than being vindictive over low spawn rates. :p

Yoss
06-19-2015, 03:34 PM
I have limited time to play. I have to prioritize.

Bloodslave
06-19-2015, 04:28 PM
I saw him last week, he is definitely still around

Do you know how many runs you've done?

Chark
06-19-2015, 04:54 PM
It's Chark Bait.

I don't negotiate with terrorists ;)

Jonesy
06-19-2015, 05:13 PM
I killed Uruunaz on my 4th and 9th run, havent seen him in the 20 or 30 since then. I find arena terribly boring as it (or my computer's rendering of it) is too slow, too easy, and the rewards too plentiful and thus worth far too little to make me enjoy the grind from a profit point of view. I'd rather be drafting and so I do that. I guess I was lucky, I guess it slightly makes up for my horrid primal luck as of late.

israel.kendall
06-19-2015, 05:21 PM
Hopefully the other dragons will be added as well and have sleeves of their own. And den, maybe if you manage to beat like 5 dragons you get the super ultra impossible to get Dragon Slayer sleeves. That would be awesome.

Zophie
06-19-2015, 05:44 PM
I've met Urunaaz exactly once. I made the mistake of letting Svenn watch me fight him via Steam Broadcasting... I got rekt. I blame Svenn.

Yoss
06-19-2015, 05:56 PM
I don't negotiate with terrorists ;)

Even with the winky emote, that hurts.

Chark
06-19-2015, 06:12 PM
Even with the winky emote, that hurts.

Yoss, if it helps, I wrote that with a smile on my face and certainly don't consider any player (let alone you) a terrorist. You've provided significant contributions to the game both through your public and private feedback and HEX is a better game because of your involvement. :)

Yoss
06-19-2015, 06:22 PM
Yoss, if it helps, I wrote that with a smile on my face and certainly don't consider any player (let alone you) a terrorist. You've provided significant contributions to the game both through your public and private feedback and HEX is a better game because of your involvement. :)

Glad to hear. Text is a hard medium for emotion. :)

If you have spare time, I'd love to hear (private or public) about the matchmaker you came up with for Gauntlet.

Thank you for responding.

hex_colin
06-19-2015, 06:46 PM

What have you done?!?!?! ;)

Trynyty
06-19-2015, 07:10 PM
Hrm. I was supposed to be matched against you in the tournament, Colin. You were AFK. Might have been an interesting match.

Elwinz
06-20-2015, 02:14 AM
I have made perfect clears for many many times, But games loves laugh at me. So today i played against paaladin of anagan in t2 he played spearclig clod knight and Mot chalenge popped ., Not have to tell ya its instant losss, since he get imba 9/8 filer and cant evne counter it. Than Xarlox raped my twice with tunr 3 terotunals. At the ending scren of defreat run was an URU border. FML. Time to run another 150 runs to get Kismets alugh me at face again,

wolzarg
06-20-2015, 03:31 AM
I have made perfect clears for many many times, But games loves laugh at me. So today i played against paaladin of anagan in t2 he played spearclig clod knight and Mot chalenge popped ., Not have to tell ya its instant losss, since he get imba 9/8 filer and cant evne counter it. Than Xarlox raped my twice with tunr 3 terotunals. At the ending scren of defreat run was an URU border. FML. Time to run another 150 runs to get Kismets alugh me at face again,

I don't know why i need to keep telling people this... pretty pretty please stop using rape as a word meaning something slightly bad happened to you. Even if you got completely beat and humiliated in your example it is still not the right word.

Voormas
06-20-2015, 03:54 AM
I have been wrecked with the flu for a week+ so haven't cleared the Arena as much as I would have liked since my last post, but I just thought I would mention that I am well over 100 clears with no Uruunaz - I just want that sleeve so bad :mad:

Showsni
06-20-2015, 05:59 AM
Be interesting if Data Dragon could tell use exactly how many runs we've done, since I haven't been keeping count. Maybe we could work out Uruunaz's appearance rate!

Elwinz
06-20-2015, 08:02 AM
Shownsni i give you perfect answer. Far too low.

Yoss
06-20-2015, 09:15 AM
I'm less interested in the sleeve and much more interested in actually getting to see the content. I wish they'd up the appearance rate and drop the loot to compensate. For example, make him appear 10x as often but make the loot only appear 10% of the time (roll per item).

NOBLEStarshield
06-21-2015, 01:11 PM
Someone reported in chat yesterday finding and beating Uruunaz

israel.kendall
06-21-2015, 02:40 PM
Someone reported in chat yesterday finding and beating Uruunaz

http://i.imgur.com/Bh4bkk6.jpg

atpmerchant
06-22-2015, 08:58 AM
eh 250 runs later (i've been keeping count) and I saw his emblem exactly once on a run I failed to complete. I actually cried myself to sleep that night.

nicetodd
06-22-2015, 09:22 AM
I don't know how many arena runs I have done, but I'm pretty sure at this point it's close to 100, if not more than that (I'd be curious to know the actual number as well - will ask DataDragon in 2 weeks!). I encountered Uruunaz twice during the initial launch period of the Arena, and twice more since the Arena was patched (although one of those times was just his icon on the victory screen when I abandoned a dumb deck I had been toying around with on just the first tier - you tease!).

Some people are just really unlucky with his spawning. He's definitely out there. I understand why he spawns as infrequently as he does, and I agree with CZE's reasons behind it.

You agree that high rewards should be found infrequently or that content should be found infrequently? Or that a non-final AI should not be seen by many? There are many reasons that could be used to describe the low spawn rate? I only agree with the first of those three.

Vorpal
06-22-2015, 09:53 AM
I have literally never seen him. I don't know how many arena runs I've done, far less than some. I do have the perfect clear sleeves.

AdamAoE2
06-22-2015, 09:58 AM
I ran into him twice the first week Arena was out, and haven't seen him since in quite a few runs.

Flairina
06-22-2015, 11:38 AM
I ran into him twice the first week Arena was out, and haven't seen him since in quite a few runs.

Apparently everyone who didn't encounter him back then pretty much missed the boat. ^_^;

Yoss
06-22-2015, 05:58 PM
WTB Map to Uruunaz's Lair.

Hrinkell
06-23-2015, 04:12 AM
Apparently everyone who didn't encounter him back then pretty much missed the boat. ^_^;

This I fear :(

So, correct me if I'm wrong, if Urunaaz is the only way to get Leeching Burrower, its price will skyrocket as time goes by

PS: Not fair at all

Salverus
06-23-2015, 06:27 AM
This I fear :(

So, correct me if I'm wrong, if Urunaaz is the only way to get Leeching Burrower, its price will skyrocket as time goes by

PS: Not fair at all

i see no reason why its price would sky rocket, since the chance of uruunaz appearance rate was made months ago.
On the contrary, soon with set3 release there will most likely come more equipment to the FRA. So there is more reason to play the arena again for people that already stopped. Which will increase uruunaz encounters and leeching burrower cards.

bamiller72
06-23-2015, 08:04 AM
For those who have found him, do you have to be on a current perfect streak for him to show or will he show even if you have been defeated already?

Also, looking through the thread I saw this:

In addition, whether or not those runs were before the Dungeon Crawler patch or after. By all accounts, the encounter rate dramatically lowered after that patch. In the interests of getting accurate data, that should be included as well.

I don't know that I've done 100+ runs yet, but I know I've likely done 60+ without encountering the mythical dragon yet in an actual game. I don't know if any of those runs was "supposed" to have me hit Uru in later tiers and I lost early. That likely would have happened before I knew to check the reward screen for the badge indicating he was "on the list".

Where is the badge that would indicate he is on the list?

hex_colin
06-23-2015, 08:08 AM
For those who have found him, do you have to be on a current perfect streak for him to show or will he show even if you have been defeated already?

Also, looking through the thread I saw this:

Where is the badge that would indicate he is on the list?

You can have defeats and he'll still show up.

You won't see the badge unless he actually shows up. There are hundreds of screenshots on this forum that show what it looks like.

KingGabriel
06-23-2015, 08:12 AM
It is almost impossible to tell what belongs in the 2 different forums. I'm not even sure why we have them in the first place, as anything HEX related is essentially beta related as HEX is in beta.
Personally I'd rename it Hex General Discussions and Hex Technical Discussions.
Also more on topic, I've only seen Uruu once (and won :P) and you know how much I'm online. That's how random chance works.

strawwmann
06-23-2015, 09:34 AM
Uruunaz free for 184 0 days.

http://i.imgur.com/SrnVuMP.jpg

At last I met the mythical dragon, although it took a while:

Spun all my Common & Uncommon chests with PvE gold - no Uruunaz;
Bought a playset of all Hex Shop AAs - no Uruunaz;
Spun all my Rare & a few Legendary chests - no Uruunaz;
Bought a second playset of Hex Shop AAs - no Uruunaz;
Bought some nice Legendary cards for PvE gold - no Uruunaz;
Completed my playset of Common & Uncommon PvE cards with PvE gold/loot - STILL no Uruunaz;

Then today he finally shows up! :)
Well, almost - I found him & he seemed to have given up waiting!
Even with the Fulmination challenge (extra card draw) Uruunaz never a played a single troop - something went wrong - not that I'm complaining, it's easier to win that way :).

I had about 1200 pieces of PvE loot at the time which (generously assuming 7.5 loot/Arena run) makes it
at least 160 runs to my first encounter.

Nice sleeves! VEEEERY nice sleeves :)

Salverus
06-23-2015, 09:39 AM
Congratulations to you :o. One day we will have the same luck.
How much time does he need to revive and might appear next ?

Bloodslave
06-23-2015, 10:55 AM
You can have defeats and he'll still show up.

You won't see the badge unless he actually shows up. There are hundreds of screenshots on this forum that show what it looks like.

Is there a thread dedicated to people showing off their emblems? I'd like to see it and all those prec - er, emblems.

hex_colin
06-23-2015, 11:24 AM
Is there a thread dedicated to people showing off their emblems? I'd like to see it and all those prec - er, emblems.

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=41608

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=41608&page=3&p=464966&viewfull=1#post464966

selpai
06-23-2015, 11:45 AM
Why is it more rare to encounter Uru than it was previously?

plaguedealer
06-23-2015, 11:47 AM
Because in the beginning it seemed like there was a 20% chance of seeing him. With that percentage, gold would not hold value. Having gold retain value creates a healthy economy. The fact that he is more rare benefits the f2p player.

selpai
06-23-2015, 11:54 AM
Because in the beginning it seemed like there was a 20% chance of seeing him. With that percentage, gold would not hold value. Having gold retain value creates a healthy economy. The fact that he is more rare benefits the f2p player.

Well, how rare is he now?

plaguedealer
06-23-2015, 11:57 AM
I dont know the answer, I will guess 5%, but dont really know.

Salverus
06-23-2015, 12:04 PM
if you do a full arena run its around a 1% or smaller chance he spawns, since many people here have over 100 runs with 0 encounters.
Im still not really sure where he can spawn, not in tier 1 for sure, and not as a boss either. Dont know if he can spawn in all other 12 positions, maybe not tier 2 either.

Zophie
06-23-2015, 12:13 PM
Well, how rare is he now?

He's pretty rare, and it's compounded by the fact that if you are defeated before reaching him of if you simply withdraw early after a single defeat because you're specifically going for Perfect runs, and miss him because of this. I'd guess he's almost as rare as the chance to get a primal pack.

edit: he's visible on defeat screen if you leave early

Salverus
06-23-2015, 12:19 PM
He's pretty rare, and it's compounded by the fact that if you are defeated before reaching him you never really know if you would have gotten him or not, and others might simply withdraw early after a single defeat because they're specifically going for Perfect runs, and miss him because of this. I'd guess he's almost as rare as the chance to get a primal pack.

if you have at least 1 victory in the arena and then withdraw you can see if you would have encountered him if you continued

Elwinz
06-23-2015, 12:19 PM
He's pretty rare, and it's compounded by the fact that if you are defeated before reaching him you never really know if you would have gotten him or not, and others might simply withdraw early after a single defeat because they're specifically going for Perfect runs, and miss him because of this. I'd guess he's almost as rare as the chance to get a primal pack.

Thats Wrong Zophie. You do know that. I have died oin saturday on t2 Xarlox and my reward screne had URU seal. Means he was waiting there.

plaguedealer
06-23-2015, 12:22 PM
I killed uru last week. The fights seemed harder then normal and I actually lost twice before I saw him. I bet there are people who never see him due to a harder fight and forgot/dont know about the seal.

Zophie
06-23-2015, 12:30 PM
Thats Wrong Zophie. You do know that. I have died oin saturday on t2 Xarlox and my reward screne had URU seal. Means he was waiting there.

Oh okay, didn't realize that it showed it there now. That must be pretty tough knowing he was there and didn't get to him, would probably be better not to tell you at all considering how rare it is :)

I guess my point still stands though that the rarity is also enhanced by the skill/luck/dedication required to actually make it far enough to encounter him.

Flairina
06-23-2015, 12:33 PM
Huh, more Uru appearances than previously thought apparently. That being said, I wonder, is the percentage for him to appear calculated based on when you first enter the arena (1 chance) or every slot he has a chance of appearing in (about 9 chances, I believe)? Because the appearance rate is far lower than 2% if the latter; we'd see him way more often if so. I have to assume it's predetermined each time you step in to the arena, meaning that if the chance IS similar to a primal pack drop (and honestly I think it's lower, probably 1% or less), we're all essentially hoping to get that proc by buying a single pack, since that's all a single arena run would "count" as. Odds do not look good.

Elwinz
06-23-2015, 12:56 PM
IT is dtermnided on start of the run.