PDA

View Full Version : Gencon 2015 Question

Incindium
06-11-2015, 06:47 PM
HEX Daily Pass - $10

The daily pass do you need to buy that once for all days or is that $10 a day? I only went on Friday last year...

Shaqattaq
06-11-2015, 07:20 PM
HEX Daily Pass - $10

The daily pass do you need to buy that once for all days or is that $10 a day? I only went on Friday last year...

It is only for one day. We are not able to do weekend passes this year.

Incindium
06-11-2015, 07:32 PM
And you need buy GenCon $2 generic tickets to play for the $10 daily pass right?

Shaqattaq
06-11-2015, 07:50 PM
And you need buy GenCon $2 generic tickets to play for the $10 daily pass right?

You can prereg the Daily Pass just like drafts.

KingGabriel
06-12-2015, 03:57 AM
You can prereg the Daily Pass just like drafts.
For some reason due to your avatar it makes your text look like you're angry every post :D

desk
06-12-2015, 04:47 AM
For some reason due to your avatar it makes your text look like you're angry every post :D

That's his secret he is always angry

mttgamer
06-12-2015, 07:16 AM
It is only for one day. We are not able to do weekend passes this year.

This makes me sad panda...
I'm hoping the reward for entering is pretty darn awesome to warrant me coughing up $30/$40 just to play hex at gencon!

But luckily since those hex passes are unlimited in nature, I wont worry about it til i hear what prizes are offering :)

hacky
06-12-2015, 10:05 AM
Wow! 10:02 am, all the drafts are sold out! (or at least the tickets are in carts)

Thoom
06-12-2015, 10:07 AM
That was crazy. I almost missed them because I was searching for "Hex" and not "Armies of Myth".

Kubira
06-12-2015, 10:08 AM
I got what I was looking for but I am glad that I prepared to search and click very quickly...

hacky
06-12-2015, 10:10 AM
I got what I was looking for but I am glad that I prepared to search and click very quickly...

Indeed, a prudent plan.

I'm used to picking up things like BlizzCon tickets and PAX badges that sell out in minutes. ;)

Incindium
06-12-2015, 10:11 AM
I wasted precious seconds because I hadn't purchased my GenCon badge already....

Still managed 12:00 on Thurs and 6:00pm and 8:00pm on Friday.

YourOpponent
06-12-2015, 10:13 AM
Wow that sucks. I have been refreshing constantly for 20 minutes (10 minutes before registration opened and 10 minutes after) and never even saw it listed. I tried searching as Hex, hex, and HEX...and they were never listed, but didn't think of searching as Draft until 6 minutes after they were sold out apparently!

Well I guess I won't go to Gen Con this year then and will just go next year instead!

Edit: I was doing title searches and apparently not keyword searches in case that helps people with similar problems.

mttgamer
06-12-2015, 10:14 AM
I wasted precious seconds because I hadn't purchased my GenCon badge already....

Still managed 12:00 on Thurs and 6:00pm and 8:00pm on Friday.

Ahh I will be one of your opponents at 8pm on friday. That's my only draft, and really thats all i want to draft at gencon.
It's an experience for sure.

Last year i just got curb stomped by my round 1 opponent and it really turned me off on drafting...SOOOOOO lets not hope for a repeat.

Incindium
06-12-2015, 10:16 AM
A couple more popped up for sale... so keep refreshing.

Bombs
06-12-2015, 10:25 AM
Those went SUPER fast!! Really looking forward to some crazy drafts though X-D

funktion
06-12-2015, 10:29 AM
Important thing to note, I had zero tickets last year and still managed to draft 3-4 times. Once because threshold matt had a ticket he wasn't able to use and the others because the Hex team was still firing off somewhat regular unscheduled drafts.

There is still hope if you missed out this morning.

Shaqattaq
06-12-2015, 10:29 AM
Crossposted from http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=43567

It looks like there were some population errors with those events as they went live. The events were searchable via the "HEX" keyword and that's how players found them.

To be clear-- the event involves a Primal Pack and using equipment. You do not draft with your own account at the LAN. That is why you receive a free Booster Draft ticket for your account just for playing.

We more than doubled the amount of drafts we offered compared to last year and unfortunately the demand was still far too great. Unlike physical games that scale easily with demand in that they only need table space, we have a fixed amount of computers. And due to the requirements of the event system, our events must all register the same way. We will look at adding more booster draft events if we can, and we will post that news in that thread and in our Friday updates if we're able to.

In the meantime, I encourage you to sign up for the HEX Daily Pass. Daily Pass players have nearly the same access to the same in-game prizes that Gen Con Booster Drafter players do (there is one special prize that goes to the Booster Draft winner) http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=43560

YourOpponent
06-12-2015, 10:34 AM
Crossposted from http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=43567

It looks like there were some population errors with those events as they went live. The events were searchable via the "HEX" keyword and that's how players found them.

To be clear-- the event involves a Primal Pack and using equipment. You do not draft with your own account at the LAN. That is why you receive a free Booster Draft ticket for your account just for playing.

We more than doubled the amount of drafts we offered compared to last year and unfortunately the demand was still far too great. Unlike physical games that scale easily with demand in that they only need table space, we have a fixed amount of computers. And due to the requirements of the event system, our events must all register the same way. We will look at adding more booster draft events if we can, and we will post that news in that thread and in our Friday updates if we're able to.

In the meantime, I encourage you to sign up for the HEX Daily Pass. Daily Pass players have the same access to the same in-game prizes that Gen Con Booster Drafter players do. http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=43560

Yeah and I totally get that...which is why I'm not upset. I just got really excited when I read primal, using equipment, and draft...sure you don't keep the cards you draft since it's not your personal account, but still that kind of thing is what I've been dreaming about for years. If you add more drafts and I get in I will gladly drive 8 hours just to cross drafting with a primal off of my bucket list :)

Gwaer
06-12-2015, 10:38 AM
I'll give you a draft ticket if one is all it takes to get you to Gencon.

Mokog
06-12-2015, 10:40 AM
I said it in the other thread.

"1 More drafts please.
2 More events during con season please.
3 Hexcon please! "

I would love to see dark moon faire style events pop up across the world where we can come together and play/draft/hype the game we love. You know you want to!

funktion
06-12-2015, 10:41 AM
I should also add that GenCon is awesome & you should just go anyways if you're even mildly into gaming / tabletop stuff.

Koz
06-12-2015, 10:43 AM
I should also add that GenCon is awesome & you should just go anyways if you're even mildly into gaming / tabletop stuff.

Yeah, Gen Con is amazing. I've gone every year for the last 20 years (I'm old like that). Apparently there are benefits to living in Indiana after all ;)