PDA

View Full Version : Reprint Thoughts?

ThomasHunter
06-12-2015, 07:37 AM
Unsure if this topic has been discussed before, but I've been thinking about it for a couple of months now. I am curious to know what kind of reprints we will see and when.

For example, will there be staple cards that we will see often (Murder perhaps)? I could see cards like this printed in almost every block of cards.

For cards that aren't staple cards, would they be reprinted if the block called for it?

I think reprints make sense. Thoughts?

See you in game,
Taleisin

Scammanator
06-12-2015, 07:42 AM
I'm sure we'll see reprints. Of both staples and of cards that thematically and mechanically fit with the set they're reprinted in.

How many of a particular set will be reprints? I'm not sure, but probably not too many.

bootlace
06-12-2015, 08:10 AM
This game likely won't need reprints for a long time given the small card pool and huge design space available but I won't mind seeing some reprints if they really fit the set for some reason especially commons/uncommons.

As for rares/legendaries, I hope they only get reprinted (with new art) in limited time exclusive sets like Modern Masters in MTG. They could even do something like these different exclusive sets only being draftable in certain occasions like one weekend per month where the entry fee is in platinum and they don't even sell any packs of it. They hype of drafting these old classics would probably surpass even VIP tournaments. In fact, you could maybe even tie this to some future VIP program...

Lukezors
06-12-2015, 08:53 AM
Yes I wouldn't mind seeing reprints of staples in the future(preferably with new art!) Thought it should only be once per standard environment at most.

Tazelbain
06-12-2015, 09:12 AM
I get the impressions decisions like this and things like the number of sets and blocks in standard or 2-1-2 vs 2-2-1 are decided as needed basis. We are far away from needing so I doubt even CZE knows what they are going to do.

I personally would like them to never reprint rares and legendaries. I would like commons and uncommons to be out of print at least year or so.