PDA

View Full Version : Wow...the Gen Con Draft tickets...

Koz
06-12-2015, 10:13 AM
So I didn't get a draft ticket. Not because I wasn't refreshing the page at exactly 10:00 pacific, but because I was, I missed a ticket because they didn't put "Hex" in the title of the events. I kept refreshing and only seeing the all day tickets and not the drafts. So I totally miss out because of that. Why, oh why, wouldn't they put "Hex" in the title of a HEX EVENT? Totally sucks. Being a new player to the game, I could really have used a draft or two with a primal pack.

Oh well. Congrats to those who knew the proper way to search for the events :/

hacky
06-12-2015, 10:14 AM
For next year, search Game System: Hex :)

EDIT: Also, don't fret. More than likely, the primals and set 3 we draft won't make it to our live accounts. The past two years, the HEX LAN is offline, and the free draft code makes up for the fact that we don't keep the cards.

jonsnow2000
06-12-2015, 10:19 AM
As far as I know, the Primal Packs are only during the on-site event, and you will not get the cards to your actual account. That's what the draft ticket you get as guaranteed prize is for - it's a compensation for that fact. The normal Drafts in the game will not feature Primal Packs.

Still sucks of course that you couldnt get a ticket - just wanted to point it out in case you didn't know.

Incindium
06-12-2015, 10:20 AM
A couple more freed up after about 15 mins... might be worth refreshing still?

BossHoss
06-12-2015, 10:21 AM
So I didn't get a draft ticket. Not because I wasn't refreshing the page at exactly 10:00 pacific, but because I was, I missed a ticket because they didn't put "Hex" in the title of the events. I kept refreshing and only seeing the all day tickets and not the drafts. So I totally miss out because of that. Why, oh why, wouldn't they put "Hex" in the title of a HEX EVENT? Totally sucks. Being a new player to the game, I could really have used a draft or two with a primal pack.

Oh well. Congrats to those who knew the proper way to search for the events :/

The draft itself you do not keep the contents (Primal plus the two boosters) you receive a draft code redeemable in game for a free draft in your own account. I am sure if you hang out near the booth there might be physical sign up sheets put out like last year or even people that get busy with extra tickets in hand :p

Shaqattaq
06-12-2015, 10:26 AM
Hi Koz. We're sorry you had that experience. It looks like there were some population errors with those events as they went live. The events were searchable via the "HEX" keyword and that's how players found them.

To be clear-- the event involves a Primal Pack and using equipment. You do not draft with your own account at the LAN. That is why you receive a free Booster Draft ticket for your account just for playing.

We more than doubled the amount of drafts we offered compared to last year and unfortunately the demand was still far too great. Unlike physical games that scale easily with demand in that they only need table space, we have a fixed amount of computers. And due to the requirements of the event system, our events must all register the same way. We will look at adding more booster draft events if we can, and we will post that news in that thread and in our Friday updates if we're able to.

In the meantime, I encourage you to sign up for the HEX Daily Pass. Daily Pass players have nearly the same access to the same in-game prizes that Gen Con Booster Drafter players do (there is one special prize that goes to the Booster Draft winner) http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=43560

poizonous
06-12-2015, 10:26 AM
Ask Colin, Im sure he bought em all =P

ryuukan
06-12-2015, 10:28 AM
Equipment in the draft too? This is that format Gwaer named "Wild West" right?

Gwaer
06-12-2015, 10:29 AM
I will kill you.

poizonous
06-12-2015, 10:29 AM

its actually close to it, never heard of the format involving drafts which is actually really cool

Incindium
06-12-2015, 10:32 AM

I wish we had a way to Awesome a post on these forums :)

Mokog
06-12-2015, 10:35 AM
Yeah they sold out in less than 5 minutes.

1 More drafts please.
2 More events during con season please.
3 Hexcon please!

Incindium
06-12-2015, 10:39 AM
Hrm I just realized that the drafts are only 2 hours apart and I've got drafts at 6 and 8 on Friday. Guess I'll have to see how that works out.

Koz
06-12-2015, 10:39 AM
I did get two all day passes (Fri & Sat), but I really have no idea what that will mean for me. I assume it just gives me access to the hall and a computer and from there it's just standard events correct? I'm guessing that I'll be able to participate in a booster draft that I will have to pay standard prices for (i.e. 100 plat, 3 packs) and then win a prize if I place in the top 3. Does that sound right for those that have attended before?

Incindium
06-12-2015, 10:42 AM
All day passes will let you basically play proving ground matches for freebies. The adhoc drafts that they'll likely add should cost the same $10 as the ones that sold out and just requires 5 of the generic Gencon tickets you can buy for $2 each.

All this will be on local accounts and not your player account. But the freebies and prizes they give out are totally worth it.

funktion
06-12-2015, 10:43 AM
I did get two all day passes (Fri & Sat), but I really have no idea what that will mean for me. I assume it just gives me access to the hall and a computer and from there it's just standard events correct? I'm guessing that I'll be able to participate in a booster draft that I will have to pay standard prices for (i.e. 100 plat, 3 packs) and then win a prize if I place in the top 3. Does that sound right for those that have attended before?

Granted it is possible things are different this year... but at no time in the past were we logging into our own accounts while at GenCon.

Shaqattaq
06-12-2015, 10:46 AM

The events are all on a LAN, so you'll be playing on test accounts. There will be two special ways to play where you'll win prizes based on your performance, and you can play throughout the day to your heart's content. I recommend in the morning when the night-owl gamers are still sleeping and there's no line for the LAN, so you finish your battle and then immediately jump into another. We'll have another large update with all the Gen Con information coming up soon that will outline all the events, prizes, and more.

Koz
06-12-2015, 10:46 AM
Granted it is possible things are different this year... but at no time in the past were we logging into our own accounts while at GenCon.

Sooo...what the hell do you play with? Unlocked accounts with all cards available? And you just play against other people in the hall?

Also, for those that have experience with these events, what kinds of prizes do they give out?

Koz
06-12-2015, 10:47 AM
The events are all on a LAN, so you'll be playing on test accounts. There will be two special ways to play where you'll win prizes based on your performance, and you can play throughout the day to your heart's content. I recommend in the morning when the night-owl gamers are still sleeping and there's no line for the LAN, so you finish your battle and then immediately jump into another. We'll have another large update with all the Gen Con information coming up soon that will outline all the events, prizes, and more.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info! I look forward to hearing the details!

Raith
06-12-2015, 10:50 AM
Bummer on the drafts being sold out. :/

Shaqattaq
06-12-2015, 10:53 AM
Bummer on the drafts being sold out. :/

Yes, unfortunately even though we more than doubled the amount of drafts available to players, there was still far too great of a demand. If we can add more booster drafts to our Gen Con schedule, we will definitely do it and communicate how to sign up for the new drafts to players.

strawwmann
06-12-2015, 10:53 AM
Silence!

I will kill you.

Incindium
06-12-2015, 10:59 AM
Sooo...what the hell do you play with? Unlocked accounts with all cards available? And you just play against other people in the hall?

Also, for those that have experience with these events, what kinds of prizes do they give out?

Last year the prizes were Broski Buk merc, Jovial Pippit AA cards, and Pippit sleeves. The winner of a draft won an AA variant of the Hex poster(plus more importantly a sleeve code for it).

hex_colin
06-12-2015, 11:45 AM
I recommend in the morning when the night-owl gamers are still sleeping and there's no line for the LAN, so you finish your battle and then immediately jump into another.

"night-owl gamers"? Night-owl shot drinkers maybe? ;)

hex_colin
06-12-2015, 11:46 AM
Ask Colin, Im sure he bought em all =P

I got a few. Unlike last year where I had none headed to GenCon. Everyone will get to play, I'm sure we'll see many more drafts than the ones that got presold.

Also, I likely won't be able to use all of mine. So, happy times to nice folks I meet at GenCon! :)

poizonous
06-12-2015, 11:51 AM
I got a few. Unlike last year where I had none headed to GenCon. Everyone will get to play, I'm sure we'll see many more drafts than the ones that got presold.

Also, I likely won't be able to use all of mine. So, happy times to nice folks I meet at GenCon! :)

Been trying to get there but no chance unless this job calls me back today

Xenavire
06-12-2015, 12:09 PM

Gah, way to make those of us not going even more jealous! *Exaggerated grumbling* Seriously though, it sounds fun, maybe we could see this format on the server stress test sometime? Sans prizes of course, but equipment and primal drafting sounds seriously nutty. Me likey.

ossuary
06-12-2015, 12:15 PM
Someday, I will go to GenCon. :(

Xexist
06-12-2015, 12:17 PM
Someday, I will go to GenCon. :(

*hug* you and me both buddy.

TheMotivation
06-12-2015, 01:25 PM
Unfortunately for me I don't check the forums or Twitter very often so I didn't even know about this heh. This'll be my first GenCon, was hoping to get in on the drafts, but, I'll have to settle for the all-day passes.

Cory_Jones
06-12-2015, 01:28 PM
Unfortunately for me I don't check the forums or Twitter very often so I didn't even know about this heh. This'll be my first GenCon, was hoping to get in on the drafts, but, I'll have to settle for the all-day passes.

Don't get to down about it, its 4 days, if you came for a fun HEX experience I can just about guarantee that will happen :)

Gwaer
06-12-2015, 01:45 PM
I know there will be unused draft tickets, they'll have a wait list for when people don't show for their time slots. Just buy some generic tickets and hang around.

RokItSumMore
06-12-2015, 01:53 PM
I'm still excited for GenCon even though I was quite a bit too late in getting a ticket. Last year I got to do a draft without having purchased a ticket due to "someone" being a little too hungover from the night before. Hopefully I can buy some drinks the night before and see if my luck can turn into a tradition.

For everyone concerned about not getting a ticket, don't worry too much, it's still loads of fun playing and getting to mingle with the employees.

Does anyone know if there will be merch available again this year? I plan on bringing my poster I got from last year and getting some signatures on it, but picking up some fresh items would be pretty nice.

Cory_Jones
06-12-2015, 01:55 PM
yes there will be some merch

...because I love making cool HEX stuff

BlindMan
06-12-2015, 02:00 PM
Yes, unfortunately even though we more than doubled the amount of drafts available to players, there was still far too great of a demand.

While I sympathize with every person who wants to participate and wasn't able to get a ticket, the fact that the demand for the HEX experience is still growing by leaps and bounds can only be good for all of us fans of the game.

Xenavire
06-12-2015, 02:02 PM
yes there will be some merch

...because I love making cool HEX stuff

Welp, looks like its time to bug my contacts... Since I can't be there in person haha,

TheMotivation
06-12-2015, 02:03 PM
Don't get to down about it, its 4 days, if you came for a fun HEX experience I can just about guarantee that will happen :)

I'm not even down at all, I just bought my 4 day passes :D I'm going for the networking and to meet the people that I get the pleasure of streaming for and all the rest that make up this fantastic community. I guess meeting some of the team might be alright too =P

Xexist
06-15-2015, 03:23 PM
Welp, looks like its time to bug my contacts... Since I can't be there in person haha,

Wanna hook me up too? You can mark it up if you want and make a few bucks :p