PDA

View Full Version : HEX Update - Bards of Fate

Shaqattaq
06-12-2015, 01:26 PM
Hi HEXers. Today, we’ll talk about some Armies of Myth but first, a message from Cory and the Bard promos!

https://www.hextcg.com/hex-update-bards-of-fate/

Vorsa
06-12-2015, 01:32 PM
Sleeves! Can never have too many sleeves. :cool:

I find Holy Ascension... acceptable. :p
Can't wait to start busting out life-gain decks in the arena to see it in action!

P.S. I may have found my PvE class if clerics work how they did last time they were previewed.

IndigoShade
06-12-2015, 01:33 PM
So the AA version costs 2 more to play? That should put an end to all the complains from people feeling forced to get it :p

Yeah, wow. Life gain decks might have just become a serious thing.

plaguedealer
06-12-2015, 01:38 PM
Yea that constant is awesome, maybe my favorite card in set 3.

Shaqattaq
06-12-2015, 01:39 PM
So the AA version costs 2 more to play? That should put an end to all the complains from people feeling forced to get it :p

Yeah, wow. Life gain decks might have just become a serious thing.

Sorry about that. Old version! The correct version is 1 cost and posted in the article.

Axle
06-12-2015, 01:41 PM
What a boss (literally). Definitely makes the life gain worth it and fun..but just for the person playing the card :P. Would love to see the community work together to make a consistent and optimal deck for successfully reaching the conditions of this card. Doesn't seem it will ever be constructed viable, but it doesn't have to be.

ghulzen
06-12-2015, 01:42 PM
Test server = good. No release date for set 3 = sad.

RCDv57
06-12-2015, 01:47 PM
Test server next week = Full spoiler list next week.

Yay!

dogmod
06-12-2015, 01:49 PM
Test server next week = Full spoiler list next week.

Yay!

Not necessarily... I imagine they are more interested in testing tournament functions, EA functions, etc. They don't necessarily have to implement every new card in this build.

But they might :D

Axle
06-12-2015, 01:51 PM
I'm sure it will be in a more complete state than the set 2 event drafts where we had some MSPaint art cards and a lot of missing cards. However I do expect there to not be a full list. Maybe some legendaries and rares not ready for implementation.

WWKnight
06-12-2015, 02:00 PM
Anyone else find it ironic that the surest way to hit double life total would be to play some blood cards?

The paragon of Righteousness go there by stealing life from others?

Rapierian
06-12-2015, 02:01 PM
We don't have to do anything to tell Hex that we've kickstarted Bard's Tale?

Flairina
06-12-2015, 02:05 PM
Does anyone else find the AA bard kind of... creepy? Like, that expression is very... hmm. :|

Yeah, think I'll use the normal version. ^^;

rjselzler
06-12-2015, 02:18 PM

If you back, you'll get a code "emailed out a few weeks after the Kickstarter ends." My guess is that all Bard's Tale backers will get a code in their email. The cool plus to that is that all Bard's Tale backers at >$20 will get a really enticing reason to try Hex if they haven't.

Edswor
06-12-2015, 02:21 PM
Holy Ascension will be one of the first cards to get it's EA, it looks amazing.

Banquetto
06-12-2015, 02:35 PM
Nice, the original Bard's Tale trilogy was a formative game for me back in the 80's, so I had backed the Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter the instant it launched. I had no idea that Brian Fargo was a Hex backer, though!

WolfCrypt
06-12-2015, 03:32 PM
I don't get the registering thing family name um?

dogmod
06-12-2015, 03:35 PM

You have to have an account and gone through the initial step of setting up an IGN.

Shaqattaq
06-12-2015, 03:50 PM

No. You will receive a code as a Bard's Tale backer.

The game doesn't quite recognize you until you've set up an account name, at least not enough to get captured and ported over to the test server.

chromus
06-12-2015, 04:38 PM
Great update, can't wait for the Test server!

Question: When you transform into a Paragon of Righteousness, does your life total get set down to 20 from wherever it was? Do you keep your accumulated charges or do they get reset to 0?

Xenavire
06-12-2015, 05:26 PM
Great update, can't wait for the Test server!

Question: When you transform into a Paragon of Righteousness, does your life total get set down to 20 from wherever it was? Do you keep your accumulated charges or do they get reset to 0?

If it is consistent with card language, you should stay at the same exact totals of everything (because it doesn't say 'revert and transform'.) It also doesn't say it sets your health totals etc to anything.

So chances are you could stockpile both health and charges and then drop an angel per turn.

Gwaer
06-12-2015, 05:33 PM
I can't wait for the set 4- Lards of fate article.

MattyTheSquid
06-12-2015, 06:25 PM

Short Version: Your charges and health should stay at whatever value they were at the time you transformed.

Long Version: Just as Xenavire theorized, transforming from one champion into another champion works a lot like transforming from one troop into another troop; any "modifiers" on that champion are carried over to the new form. In this case, the number of charges on your champion can be thought of as a modifier, as can the difference between your current health and your starting health. Since the Paragon's base health is 20, the same as all currently playable champions, you will normally have the same health when you transform.

WolfCrypt
06-12-2015, 07:18 PM
I wonder if there'll be more champion creation cards? I'd like to see a card make a Elder Coyotle spirit.

BenRGamer
06-12-2015, 10:45 PM
I wonder if there'll be more champion creation cards? I'd like to see a card make a Elder Coyotle spirit.

If I recall, one of the PvE cards covered in the Kickstarter basically turned your champion into Zakiir and gave them a bunch of dragon themed powers.

wolzarg
06-13-2015, 05:16 AM
Dragon form lets you not be attackable by non flying troops and you can breathe fire.

chromus
06-17-2015, 01:59 AM
Short Version: Your charges and health should stay at whatever value they were at the time you transformed.

Long Version: Just as Xenavire theorized, transforming from one champion into another champion works a lot like transforming from one troop into another troop; any "modifiers" on that champion are carried over to the new form. In this case, the number of charges on your champion can be thought of as a modifier, as can the difference between your current health and your starting health. Since the Paragon's base health is 20, the same as all currently playable champions, you will normally have the same health when you transform.

Great answer, thank you. It's good to know champion transformations are meant to work along the same lines as troop transformations.