PDA

View Full Version : Friday update!

poizonous
06-12-2015, 01:35 PM
https://www.hextcg.com/hex-update-bards-of-fate/

While not exactly a release date, seeing it coming to the test server is very good news. And also Invincible Ozawa deck honestly sounds a little bit strong lol, how exactly do you win if someone pulls off the champion transformation?

dogmod
06-12-2015, 01:37 PM
Classic win more card. If you can get to 40 hp, and then play a 4 cost card that does nothing when it comes to play, stay at 40 hp until next turn then you win. Worse than Citadel of Adamanth even.

Svenn
06-12-2015, 01:39 PM
We will be launching an Armies of Myth test server next week. More information to follow. If you would like to participate in this event, make sure you have a game account registered and activated (with Family Name) today, June 12th.

:( No way they are going to have Set 3 out for my birthday now.

Gwaer
06-12-2015, 01:39 PM
The changing your champion mid Game is good tech with a lot of future potential though.

the_artic_one
06-12-2015, 01:46 PM
Classic win more card. If you can get to 40 hp, and then play a 4 cost card that does nothing when it comes to play, stay at 40 hp until next turn then you win. Worse than Citadel of Adamanth even.

I wouldn't call it win more, actions that gain you life aren't really putting you closer to winning and you only have to keep your life high for one turn. It's more of an impractical alt wincon (like sliver of the immortal spear) than a win more.

dogmod
06-12-2015, 01:47 PM
The changing your champion mid Game is good tech with a lot of future potential though.

Yeah and it will be a fun card for PvE. Perhaps a challenge of beating paladin of Nagaan after he transforms into Paragon of Righteousness? Or winning a tournament as Paragon of Righteousness! Also would be fun to face squash Xarlox as Paragon. "Who has the most OP charge power now!".... and then get milled sigh ;/

Flairina
06-12-2015, 01:47 PM
HOLY-

That card. That card will - okay, granted it's somewhat impractical but life gain is REALLY easy for certain decks. PLEASE tell me that won't ever make it in to enemy champion's decks, ESPECIALLY not ones like Paladin of Nagaan; that is essentially an instant win con. There's no coming back from that.

plaguedealer
06-12-2015, 01:48 PM

Not sure how easy it will be to get to 40 when set 3 hits. But I think you are almost unkillable once your champ transforms. Why would it be a win more card?

RCDv57
06-12-2015, 01:49 PM
Mass polymorph dingler.

Also if Eternal drifter gets that power would he get the troop invincibility part of the power too?

Flairina
06-12-2015, 01:51 PM
Mass polymorph dingler.

Also if Eternal drifter gets that power would he get the troop invincibility part of the power too?

Don't think so, it isn't part of the charge power. Still, one charge angels are huge in and of themselves, invincible from eternal drifter is just overkill.

dogmod
06-12-2015, 01:55 PM
Not sure how easy it will be to get to 40 when set 3 hits. But I think you are almost unkillable once your champ transforms. Why would it be a win more card?

Is everyone imagining their opponent just sitting there while they are gaining life? Is everyone imagining chaining eternal youths together?

If you can get to 40 HP and stay there while playing a card that does nothing when it comes into play I find it very hard to believe that you are not already winning the game. It is a total johnny card and everyone is imagining the old EternalFog and other decks and PvE decks. But in limited and in PvP constructed I would classify this as a win more card and you could choose any number of other win cons instead of this one to build around that would be more practical and consistent and would affect the game in other ways.

Malakili
06-12-2015, 01:56 PM
If a deck is reliably getting to 40 life with a board that is going to immediately benefit a lot from this, it should probably have a win condition ready to go anyway, this is just a kind of ... creative one.

SacrificialToast
06-12-2015, 01:57 PM
Mass polymorph dingler.

I don't think Eternal Drifter controls any troops.

Xenavire
06-12-2015, 02:00 PM
Is everyone imagining their opponent just sitting there while they are gaining life? Is everyone imagining chaining eternal youths together?

If you can get to 40 HP and stay there while playing a card that does nothing when it comes into play I find it very hard to believe that you are not already winning the game. It is a total johnny card and everyone is imagining the old EternalFog and other decks and PvE decks. But in limited and in PvP constructed I would classify this as a win more card and you could choose any number of other win cons instead of this one to build around that would be more practical and consistent and would affect the game in other ways.

Where there is a will, theres a way - I am sure that someone could make it moderately competitive. It would be a control deck, and it would have other wincons, but it could be done.

Don't expect tier decks though. This is essentially the Hex version of 'Test of Endurance' - while this is a little more realistic, it won't stomp it's way through the meta. Maybe if we got insane healing cards... Definitely a viable wincon in PvE though.

bootlace
06-12-2015, 02:04 PM
No need to analyze every card from the perspective of whether it's going to shift the constructed meta. Super cool cards like these and alternate win cons really wins over the imagination of newer players who get more immersed into the gameplay and wide array of possibilities present in TCGs.

plaguedealer
06-12-2015, 02:04 PM
I was thinking a infinite fog variant, it could well be competitive

katkillad
06-12-2015, 02:21 PM
WTS Eternal Youth 300p

plaguedealer
06-12-2015, 02:22 PM
WTS Eternal Youth 300p

Updates like this need to come after I get home from work

Saeijou
06-12-2015, 02:27 PM
Updates like this need to come after I get home from work

same here ^^

MattyTheSquid
06-12-2015, 02:33 PM

Eternal Drifter only gets charge powers, so it won't grab the Paragon's Invincible-granting power. It is possible to end up with the 1-charge Angel power, though.

dogmod
06-12-2015, 02:35 PM
WTS Eternal Youth 300p

I am still sitting on quite a few Induction Coils... someone needs to release the induction coil deck into the meta ;o

Xenavire
06-12-2015, 02:36 PM
Eternal Drifter only gets charge powers, so it won't grab the Paragon's Invincible-granting power. It is possible to end up with the 1-charge Angel power, though.

Balance question - does that include in PvP? Because thats like, the jackpot of all jackpots. :p

zadies
06-12-2015, 02:36 PM
You do realize that this says cards you control not troops so it also would make for some interesting constant decks.

Xenavire
06-12-2015, 02:41 PM
You do realize that this says cards you control not troops so it also would make for some interesting constant decks.

I definitely noticed that - but there are very few constants that are worth protecting right now. Artifacts either, barring troops.

Still, there will come a day... :p

dogmod
06-12-2015, 02:42 PM

Lol... eternal drifter going to end up so janky in the long run.

MattyTheSquid
06-12-2015, 02:52 PM
Balance question - does that include in PvP? Because thats like, the jackpot of all jackpots. :p

It is possible to get the Angel power in PvP. And yes, that is some good action.

Drake6k
06-12-2015, 02:56 PM
Grand King sleeves (Angel guy) just became a little more cool. Still not interested in Bards Tale for myself, but the free AA is enough that I'm not at all bothered by the cross-promotion.

Back to waiting for the next update. SET 3 SET 3 SET 3!!!!

hammer
06-12-2015, 03:17 PM
Thank you for another fine sleeve :D

Thrawn
06-12-2015, 03:19 PM
"Set 3 test server next week." would have been a good enough update, might see the set in June yet! :D

Xexist
06-12-2015, 03:21 PM
Love these sleeves!

israel.kendall
06-12-2015, 03:24 PM
I definitely noticed that - but there are very few constants that are worth protecting right now. Artifacts either, barring troops.

Still, there will come a day... :p

It would be good to protect Soul Marbles, which would fit right into a Sight of the Sun coyotle lifegain Holy Ascension deck.

Xenavire
06-12-2015, 03:32 PM
It would be good to protect Soul Marbles, which would fit right into a Sight of the Sun coyotle lifegain Holy Ascension deck.

Spellshield/Invincible on everything except the marble... Purge new MVP card! Tribals meta go!

YourOpponent
06-12-2015, 04:20 PM
Eternal Guardian + It. As long as Eternal Guardian is in play you and everything else including Eternal Guardian is now invincible...all it needs now is spellshield :P

Xenavire
06-12-2015, 06:40 PM
I wonder if Emberspire Witch will see a price hike...

WolfCrypt
06-12-2015, 07:06 PM
I like how no one talking bout server test in update >.>

poizonous
06-12-2015, 07:14 PM
I like how no one talking bout server test in update >.>

Think that's because people are excited and worried. If test server goes well could be really soon the patch. If something goes wrong just spells pushback on the date

WolfCrypt
06-12-2015, 07:15 PM
Frankly I'm excited for test I could get all three starter decks I want and try them out before I buy them for real! Assuming S3 test be like Arena test.

Parzival
06-12-2015, 07:32 PM
Starter decks are an autobuy for me - I hope they come with a sleeve in this edition :cool:

Test server is going to be an awesome opportunity for F2P players to get their hands on all the cards and draft for free.

It's also perfect for finding bugs which brings us closer to release, so win win for all of us.

Our resident bug wranglers are going to busy :D

WolfCrypt
06-12-2015, 07:34 PM
Frankly my main goal with test server is arena running Elves Necrotics and Coyotles and seeing if I want to postpone buying coyotles and buy elf or Necrotics first(I doubt it)

ossuary
06-12-2015, 07:44 PM
Our resident bug wranglers are going to busy :D

You say that like we're not already. ;)

That being said, as soon as we find out an exact date for the test server I'll probably get a new bug thread ready over on the test server bug forums. :)

Malakili
06-12-2015, 07:49 PM
It is possible to get the Angel power in PvP. And yes, that is some good action.

With regard to cards like this, will they only work with currently in-rotation cards/champions. If, for example, Eternal Guardian is reprinted 2 blocks from now and this card is not, will all the champion powers be open to copying or just the ones legal in the appropriate format? Of course I'm assuming that after a while we'll have multiple formats to work with too.

Gwaer
06-12-2015, 07:55 PM
An official response would be ideal. However in my opinion all of these random effects should be random over anything that is legal in the format the card is being played in at the time.

Parzival
06-12-2015, 08:33 PM
You say that like we're not already. ;)

That being said, as soon as we find out an exact date for the test server I'll probably get a new bug thread ready over on the test server bug forums. :)

I'm sure you guys are mate! Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology apply yet?

I was playing arena the other night and bam suddenly Hero of Adamanth had 1314 life! Bit hard for ruby aggro to come back from that :o

ossuary
06-12-2015, 08:58 PM
I was playing arena the other night and bam suddenly Hero of Adamanth had 1314 life! Bit hard for ruby aggro to come back from that :o

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=41666

Hero of Adamanth champion

Gaining life unexpectedly (link (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=41666))

;)

Sparrow
06-12-2015, 11:05 PM
I found this Friday's update disappointing. If Hex wants to promote another game, I don't think the majority of our Friday update is the place for it. Maybe it's just a reflection, though, of the glacial pace of new features.

While I'd like to see Set 3 this month and chests and other stuff shortly thereafter, I'm pessimistically predicting August, at the earliest, for Set 3 and no new PVE until Spring 2016, if even then. We might see chests by Christmas this year, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'd love to be proved wrong, btw.

poizonous
06-12-2015, 11:07 PM
I found this Friday's update disappointing. If Hex wants to promote another game, I don't think the majority of our Friday update is the place for it. Maybe it's just a reflection, though, of the glacial pace of new features.

While I'd like to see Set 3 this month and chests and other stuff shortly thereafter, I'm pessimistically predicting August, at the earliest, for Set 3 and no new PVE until Spring 2016, if even then. We might see chests by Christmas this year, but I'm not holding my breath.

Wow did someone shit in your cheerios or something??? You are crazy thinking august and new PvE in spring of next year, man you lost your mind, the game would collapse if it took that long

Cory_Jones
06-12-2015, 11:14 PM

prepare for the love my friend :)

poizonous
06-12-2015, 11:15 PM

Late night Cory sightings... uh oh Set 3 is coming tomorrow lol

Cory_Jones
06-12-2015, 11:53 PM
Late night Cory sightings... uh oh Set 3 is coming tomorrow lol

binge drafting... cannot get enough

Thrawn
06-13-2015, 12:01 AM
binge drafting... cannot get enough

The real reason sets get delayed -

"Go deploy it live, I'm busy in a draft."
"I just joined another one, I'll do it after."

Repeat.

Sparrow
06-13-2015, 03:29 AM
And THIS is why forum participation is worthwhile. Thank you.

Salverus
06-13-2015, 03:32 AM
WTS Eternal Youth 300p

when i saw this post i was pretty positive it was a joke. Now i just checked the AH and it went from 40p to 200p LOL
You play this card on turn 4, on turn 5 you have the new champion at the earliest, then on turn 6-7 you ll finally swing for lethal damage on best case scenario. I dont get the big fuss, yes, it changes your champion, which is new and supercool, but its better than the current arena decks.

ps, does this also mean we can now cast reversion on champions? That would be funny.