PDA

View Full Version : "Lacks of contains kill a game"

seypojoue
06-13-2015, 12:17 AM
Hi I just want to say that I'm very disappointing about Hex at the moment, specially the update.
(Only 2 Spoils, NO release date)
The game is very boring actually for people like me (with a limited income) we can' t afford playing draft thrice a week so the only option left is grinding which is BORING. PG isn't an option.
I was quite excited about Hex and decided to be fully on it, I saved some money for set 3 as well but the last few weeks was very boring and I can't keep waiting doing nothing.
If Hex is meant to be an MMO please don't become a Korean MMO, grinding and grinding for days and weeks.
We are in the 7th months since set 2 release, please don't push it to 8 months.
If the release cant'be done this month, at least tell us clearly, we won't die waiting and will spend our money in other avenues.
Thnx

janome
06-13-2015, 12:35 AM
here are some tips:

1) Removed via Stok3d as against ToS
2) watch the AH for deals. use sort by time searching for all cards to determine best time to snipe at last minute.
3) unless you win extremely consistently, go for swiss draft. i assume you are pretty good, and can 2-1 drafts reliably. this means you only need to draft ~270 plat worth of cards to sell to draft again, and if you draft more than that or go 3-0 you are going infinite and can draft again.
4) have a stream open in the background while you play, streamers are very generous in giving away stuff.
5) forum and community giveaways and tournaments, go for them.
6) take advantage of arbitrage between platinum and gold. some things sell for very little plat and lots of gold and vice versa. for example, early on i bought lots of poopy rares for little amounts of gold and sold them at 31 plat.

using these ideas i turned a 60$ initial investment into ~350$ worth of stuff, including a constructed deck in a little over a month. the kickstarter backers have it extremely easy and often make decisions that lose them money, but it doesn't really matter for them because they basically have infinite spending power. those of us that joined after the kickstarter have to make our own way because we learned about the game late. we are all going insane in anticipation for set 3, but hopefully we will be able to make some free plat from the stress test tournament and have some additional time to gather funds for set 3 release.

Fyren
06-13-2015, 12:41 AM
Official word was that set 3 is coming "Before Gencon, 100%." So in the next 45 days. At no point did I hear anything that indicated that this has changed. When companies give you windows like this, avoiding disappointment is best done by assuming that it will be late in their given window.

Look, I understand the burnout. Lots of people are sick of Set 2/1 drafts (though I'm not there quite yet, daddy needs a new Vampire King) and even more are tired of the Frost Ring. If you need to take a break, save up some drafts, and come back a month later, do that. Frost ring is a mere shadow, an ephemeral wisp of what's eventually going to be on offer for PvE, and I sympathize with the idea that gold grinding is slow, frustrating and dull with only what content is available.

You have to remember that Hex is trying things that no other game has tried, and as a result of chasing dreams, it just isn't done yet. Playing now is in some ways trading on future promises - promises I, for the moment, decidedly believe in, but do not necessarily believe those promises will come true anytime soon. I entirely understand people who don't want to play right now - even if I would encourage them to return whenever Hex finally makes its various dreams a reality.

EDIT: Also, if you're looking for value, Janome has the right ideas. I've spent $120-150 all told, and TCGbrowser gives my current collection value at above 90K Platinum. I've got a competitive deck (even if I kinda have to figure out how to use it) and I still have 11 packs ready to go for more drafts. A little money can go a long distance.

nicetodd
06-13-2015, 10:56 AM
Before gencon is 6 weeks of fluff time. Given the amount of spoiling, etc would have thought we would have firmer answer by now. Getting burnt out on waiting on basic features as well. *yawn*

magic_gazz
06-13-2015, 11:39 AM
Go do something else for a few weeks and come back refreshed.

There are plenty of free games out there that can entertain you for a few weeks, so you don't even have to spend any money (you can save it for hex).

israel.kendall
06-13-2015, 12:41 PM
I've been playing HEX since alpha, like many others here, and have also felt the boredom creep in. I just take a break for a while and come back later. Others I know do the same thing. Development is slow while they get core elements of the game built, it is just something we have to deal with. If what they said about the arena patch is true, then it implemented tools that will allow them to more easily introduce multiple new dungeons to the game at once. I'm sure they will be putting in more new tools with the set 3 patch also. This will all snowball into HEX being able to put out large amounts of new content in a timely manner in the future. We have the slow painful wait now, but in the long run it will be well worth it.

But this is just the way I understand it from reading and listening to podcasts. I'm no video game design expert.

YourOpponent
06-13-2015, 12:51 PM
Before gencon is 6 weeks of fluff time. Given the amount of spoiling, etc would have thought we would have firmer answer by now. Getting burnt out on waiting on basic features as well. *yawn*

Keep in mind last July there was Set 2 draft at Gen Con and some Set 2 decks to play with too and Set 2 didn't go live until December. I would like to hope that it is out before Gen Con or even August of this year, but with it being such a big patch I wouldn't be surprised if it's not out until December or January of next year.

WolfCrypt
06-13-2015, 01:06 PM
Frankly I'm bored so I just log in and talk to people I mean I could play other games but meh...

fido_one
06-14-2015, 03:45 AM
Yeah, it waxes and wanes, though mostly waxes for me.

Taking a break is healthy - give it a few weeks, explore some other spaces, and come back. I log in every day to futz with the auction house as it's a great distraction to do while I'm working and it keeps me abreast of what's going on without hitting the tournaments too hard. But you don't need to do that either - this isn't a game that is designed to make you feel like you're losing out if you don't log in every 2 minutes (until those lotuses pop up for KS backers, -32nd world problems). If I remember correctly CZE was clear this game wasn't going to do daily rewards and stuff.

Which is an awesome decision, really, as it allows you and I to take a break from the game for a while and come back fresh when new content is added and not feel like you're behind the game because you didn't log in every 12 hours to get 1k of bonus gold.

Elwinz
06-14-2015, 03:51 AM
Well if u have everything already surely taking break is no problem, but for player who is building his collection i have to pretty much constant grond. play turnaments ;p

Weltenbrand
06-14-2015, 04:53 AM
They should make equipment untradable, so at least there would be an incentive to grind the Arena more.

Xenavire
06-14-2015, 05:14 AM
They should make equipment untradable, so at least there would be an incentive to grind the Arena more.

http://youtu.be/kxRX6LXDpWs

Most of the appeal of PvE is the idea that you can get sweet loot, even if you can't use that loot (so you are excited to trade/sell it.) Binding would be horrible, the RNG would be needlessly punishing and super unfun ("Oh hey, theres that legendary dwarf equipment again. Looks like another 100 runs to get that one human equip for this deck.")

Honestly, binding equipment would basically kill all hope of making PvE attractive.

Weltenbrand
06-14-2015, 05:22 AM
Most of the appeal of PvE is the idea that you can get sweet loot, even if you can't use that loot (so you are excited to trade/sell it.) Binding would be horrible, the RNG would be needlessly punishing and super unfun ("Oh hey, theres that legendary dwarf equipment again. Looks like another 100 runs to get that one human equip for this deck.")

Honestly, binding equipment would basically kill all hope of making PvE attractive.

No, it would actually result in somewhat like a skill tree and unlike now, were i can buy the OrcRush deck and grind the Arena in 30 min.

What would be the difference to now, where i bloat my collection with lots of useless equipments and don't even care to sell them because its a pain in the ass and too time consuming. Nobody said, that you had to get the same equipment over and over.

Salverus
06-14-2015, 05:24 AM
we just need to wait on the system to destroy equipment for crafting materials. Because putting all the extra equipment is too time consuming to sell on AH for pennies, but if we can just destroy, you can destroy a 1000 pieces of equipment with only a few clicks to get rid of them and then craft cool stuff.

Also making equipment untradeable will not change anything, since i estimate that 99% of the people that play the frost ring arena play it to get gold or to find uruunaz, even if equips would be untradeable as well.

Weltenbrand
06-14-2015, 05:26 AM
we just need to wait on the system to destroy equipment for crafting materials. Because putting all the extra equipment is too time consuming to sell on AH for pennies, but if we can just destroy, you can destroy a 1000 pieces of equipment with only a few clicks to get rid of them and then craft cool stuff.

Sounds cool, honestly i didn't know that this is planned.

WolfCrypt
06-14-2015, 08:45 AM
I'm with Xenavire on this also the AH is not really good for selling least not till dungeons are out once Frost Ring is a niche and not pve then will people buy equipment off AH and equips have actual prices.

Salverus
06-14-2015, 08:56 AM
if they keep up with these drop rates (~6 pieces of equipment per hour with only ~270 pieces of equipment in total) i dont think prices of equipment will ever become high.
If they do the same thing for the next PvE content, then equipment prices will be high during first week, after that all 3 p each as well then.

Xenavire
06-14-2015, 09:30 AM
if they keep up with these drop rates (~6 pieces of equipment per hour with only ~270 pieces of equipment in total) i dont think prices of equipment will ever become high.
If they do the same thing for the next PvE content, then equipment prices will be high during first week, after that all 3 p each as well then.

If you actually think about it, playerbase growth added with new regular content could eventually give us enough demand and not enough supply.

This is long term though, short term seems tough.

Weltenbrand: That is nothing at all like a talent tree and you know it. Talent trees aren't gated by RNG, they are gated by grinding. Not to mention we probably already have talent trees (info is scarce however) which means you would only be limiting options, which is unfun. Unfun games aren't popular.

Svenn
06-14-2015, 10:32 AM

Unless they drop a huge bomb of PvE content at once with a ton of equipment. Which is why they have said they wanted to have a bunch of PvE done before they drop it, not just one dungeon at a time. When there are 20+ dungeons (don't know how many will be in the first drop, but they said 40 for launch so I'm just using half that for a first drop) each with their own loot tables it's going to be a lot different than farming a single place over and over.

WolfCrypt
06-14-2015, 10:33 AM
20? I was thinking five and then move up their awfully ambitious to have 40 dungeons we better get Heroes.

Xexist
06-14-2015, 01:49 PM
Binding equipment would ruin hex completely for me.

Besides there is supposed to be really chase equipment and I need to gets me it!

Also really chase crafting recipes I hope ^^

Salverus
06-14-2015, 01:58 PM
they said they would alternate pve and pvp updates. So after this set3 the next major patch (expected october ~december ?) should be the dungeon(s). So basically every fridays update after set3 release should talk about it, which should give us motivation to keep waiting.