PDA

View Full Version : Serious Arachnophobia

WolfCrypt
06-14-2015, 11:02 AM
"Arachnophobia: Fear of spiders."

Okay seriously all we seem to be doing is spoiling Vennen I mean sure we spoiled a lot of Coyotles earlier but I am getting the impression that most cards spoiled are in fact Vennen focused. I counted all listed spoils on primal there are 14/15 Vennen cards 12 Necrotic's 18 Coyotles and 13 Elves but despite this fair amount of spoils I've hardly seen anyone discuss the other three and most people seem to be talking about Vennen. Frankly they freak me out and their cards aren't helping me want to play them (artwork reasons mostly). Now I'm not getting mad at Hex for making them you want creepy evil spider orc zealots go for it... But I'd like to talk about other races being fully released in this set. I may just be imagining it but I've not seen many discussion (or very long) about any cards but Vennen. I'm just bored and scared of those things can't we talk about human corpses brought to life by aliens?

Erukk
06-14-2015, 12:03 PM
The Coyotle cards were heavily talked about when they were getting spoiled everyday. The Vennen are just getting their time in the sun right now.

Necrotic and Elves, not so much, but I think that was because their cards were spoiled either in large doses (the Elves article) or few and far between.

WolfCrypt
06-14-2015, 12:14 PM
Well I admit I didn't arrive till Vennen were talked about excessively still I can't be only one who is really disturbed by Vennen.

israel.kendall
06-14-2015, 12:25 PM
More Coyotles will be spoiled soon, but you will be sad to find they have all been turned into Incubation Slaves of sorts by the benevolent Vennen.

WolfCrypt
06-14-2015, 12:29 PM
Don't tease me >//<

Bombs
06-14-2015, 12:31 PM
The elves had a Friday Update entirely dedicated to them.

I think it's split pretty evenly.

israel.kendall
06-14-2015, 12:35 PM
Don't tease me >//<

http://i.imgur.com/kTey0eS.jpg

WolfCrypt
06-14-2015, 12:41 PM
Lol that doesn't bug me what with the head not matching.

israel.kendall
06-14-2015, 12:43 PM
Lol that doesn't bug me what with the head not matching.

Wait until you see what we've done with your precious Ozawa

Fyren
06-14-2015, 12:50 PM
You know, because we only ever see orcs in that position, I kinda get the feeling they've tried that - hell, the Shin'hare breed enough sacrificial meat - but it's like only Orcs contain the right nutritional balance for healthy Vennen babies. Like when they tried it on the Coyotle the babies came out as sickly or with three heads or torso corgis or something.

WolfCrypt
06-14-2015, 12:51 PM
You know, because we only ever see orcs in that position, I kinda get the feeling they've tried that - hell, the Shin'hare breed enough sacrificial meat - but it's like only Orcs contain the right nutritional balance for healthy Vennen babies. Like when they tried it on the Coyotle the babies came out as sickly or with three heads or torso corgis or something.

I'm not only one who think Vennen are freaky :/ And Humans are clearly victims too.

Khazrakh
06-14-2015, 01:06 PM
Of the 4 major races I think the Vennen are by far the coolest so far.
Their artwork is amazing and the breeding mechanic is absolutely unique and seems really fun. Lore wise they seemed rather dull in set 1&2 but with all the Arachnomicom pieces that starts to look interesting as well.

I personally never liked elves and while the Hex Elves seem to be a little wilder than usually I still find them pretty uninteresting.
Coyotle are the race I like the least out of the 8 major ones. They have some REALLY amazing art but so far I don't like their concept. Time-Engineering Native American dog-men just aren't my cup of tea.
The Necrotic seem to be really interesting lore wise, but from the cards spoiled I don't know enough about them to get all hyped up. I'll still start as a necrotic champion once full PvE is in though ;)

israel.kendall
06-14-2015, 01:08 PM
Poor Ozawa, his champion must not have any health left
, see how weak these coyotle are?

http://i.imgur.com/Y4ilpkY.jpg

WolfCrypt
06-14-2015, 01:09 PM
Time-Engineering Native American dog-men just aren't my cup of tea.

That's why I like them. But my thread for most part was asking if anyone but me not a fan of Vennen... >//<

poizonous
06-14-2015, 01:09 PM
Sorry Khaz, Vennen dont have the best artwork or ability. The coolest tribe by far is the coyotles... Easily the best art in the set and prophecy is going to be huge

WolfCrypt
06-14-2015, 01:14 PM
Least somebody likes em lol

Fyren
06-14-2015, 01:49 PM
They have some REALLY amazing art but so far I don't like their concept. Time-Engineering Native American dog-men just aren't my cup of tea.

Most of the races are kinda meh in terms of concept, honestly. Humans are unblinking paragons of righteousness, I absolutely agree that elves are boring and overplayed, and dwarves and orcs being slightly switched up does only so much to break them from the Tolkienesque mold. Those easily comprise my bottom four, though not in that order.

Necrotic are a spin on the undead, but the undead have never particularly appealed to me in any form, and I recognize that disintrest as personal - nonetheless, there's very little they've done to this point in terms of horror or mystique that other races in the game don't really do better or more effectively.

The Coyotle actually didn't appeal to me too much before Set 3 spoilers started spilling out. despite being something of an anthromorph enthusiast. Or perhaps because of it. Coyotes as Native Americans is kind of a straightforward, obvious theme along those lines and didn't seem all that exciting if you're not into that sort of tribal aesthetic. Of course, that was before the utterly gorgeous set 3 art direction of them won me over.

So for they kind of fight with the Vennen for second place in my lexicon. The Vennen are somewhat more original than a lot of the races, and have really gone all out on doing the freaky spider thing in Set 3, which is absolutely the route they need to take to leave an impression.

Of course, neither holds a candle to the concept of the Shin'hare, which was frigging brilliant, and I could go on for pages about that. The Vennen do terrible things, but you expect spider-people to do terrible things. You don't expect adorable, cartoon-proportioned bunnies to do terrible things. Fertile Engorger and, more recently, Merciless Culler actually made my jaw drop in horrified awe.

Zophie
06-14-2015, 02:04 PM
I think spiders are beautifully scary creatures and I love and hate them at the same time.

At home out in the country the spiders and I must have a mutual respect and understanding. If they stick to their various corners and crannies and catch flies and other bugs I will let them be, they're doing their job and I appreciate that, but if I catch them on my desk or anywhere else... they're dead.

RCDv57
06-14-2015, 02:58 PM
I was hyped about Vennen until I realized that all they did was lay eggs and mill cards.
Its cool, but I have a hard time having fun playing Mill decks.

Necrotic are looking to be an incredibly flexible tribe that mucks about with the graveyards.
So I'm much more excited about them now.

israel.kendall
06-14-2015, 03:04 PM
I was hyped about Vennen until I realized that all they did was lay eggs and mill cards.
Its cool, but I have a hard time having fun playing Mill decks.

Necrotic are looking to be an incredibly flexible tribe that mucks about with the graveyards.
So I'm much more excited about them now.

I don't really think it needs to be a mill deck persay. I'm personally thinking of building a gorespiders deck with maybe cerebral fulmination or psycho anarchist.

Erukk
06-14-2015, 03:10 PM
I think spiders are beautifully scary creatures and I love and hate them at the same time.

At home out in the country the spiders and I must have a mutual respect and understanding. If they stick to their various corners and crannies and catch flies and other bugs I will let them be, they're doing their job and I appreciate that, but if I catch them on my desk or anywhere else... they're dead.

Same.

Nothing is more interesting and horrifying that see something like a garden spider take down something of equal or larger size than itself. It was somewhat mindboggling seeing one ensnare a gecko nearly twice its size by our front door once. Seeing the lizard's tail, feet, and a lone eye sticking out of its cocoon while it dangled there for a week, and its captor literally drinking in its prize, and growing noticeably by the day, before it simply threw away it drained victim to continue on to its next
one...

Where was I again? Oh, ya, spiders can be creepy. :p

WolfCrypt
06-14-2015, 03:17 PM
Too... much detail...

israel.kendall
06-14-2015, 03:17 PM
Same.

Nothing is more interesting and horrifying that see something like a garden spider take down something of equal or larger size than itself. It was somewhat mindboggling seeing one ensnare a gecko nearly twice its size by our front door once. Seeing the lizard's tail, feet, and a lone eye sticking out of its cocoon while it dangled there for a week, and its captor literally drinking in its prize, and growing noticeably by the day, before it simply threw away it drained victim to continue on to its next
one...

Where was I again? Oh, ya, spiders can be creepy. :p

Back when I was deployed to the middle east we had these camel spiders. After dealing with these things for a while I no longer fear any spiders smaller than my head.

http://www.bizarbin.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Camel-spider.jpg

Erukk
06-14-2015, 03:30 PM
Back when I was deployed to the middle east we had these camel spiders. After dealing with these things for a while I no longer fear any spiders smaller than my head.

I can honestly say I've had the pleasure of NOT seeing one of those. Though, I think I understand why they were a subject of a horrible movie from Syfy now.

israel.kendall
06-14-2015, 03:38 PM
I can honestly say I've had the pleasure of NOT seeing one of those. Though, I think I understand why they were a subject of a horrible movie from Syfy now.

Bad thing is they hide in the bunkers, so with incoming mortars you either jump in with the spiders or, well you just jump in with the spiders lol

israel.kendall
06-14-2015, 04:12 PM

This latest victim doesn't look orcish, has an elven shaped face to me

http://i.imgur.com/yeHwlSD.png

Gwaer
06-14-2015, 04:29 PM
My question is - are they tasty? Wow and ever quest had me hunting so many giant spiders for people's food that I'm positive they're tasty.

israel.kendall
06-14-2015, 04:41 PM
My question is - are they tasty? Wow and ever quest had me hunting so many giant spiders for people's food that I'm positive they're tasty.

http://i.imgur.com/urqaDEj.gif

Gwaer
06-14-2015, 04:54 PM
That's silly. They're more like lobsters. You take the meat out.

israel.kendall
06-14-2015, 04:57 PM
That's silly. They're more like lobsters. You take the meat out.

You sound like officer material.

WolfCrypt
06-14-2015, 05:07 PM
You guys are mean..

Weltenbrand
06-14-2015, 06:14 PM

I hope his antibiotics worked.

RCDv57
06-14-2015, 07:06 PM

Orc vs Vennen

Who Won!
Who's Next!
You Decide!

Xexist
06-14-2015, 07:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/l6c1W.jpg

vickrpg
06-14-2015, 07:16 PM
I just think it's hilarious that the entire MALE vennen race is so focused on laying eggs.

Zophie
06-17-2015, 01:41 PM
http://i.imgur.com/T52Uh1I.jpg

Took this today, these are the kinds of spiders that live in my house, I've seen them range in size from size of a quarter up to about the size of a credit card (luckily that one was outside the house!). Nothing like those camel spiders but they still know how to make me jump when I'm least expecting them. I usually leave them alone though cuz they do a good job eating any other bugs that get inside :)