PDA

View Full Version : Out of the loop. summarized update?

Littlejon24
06-17-2015, 03:04 AM
I have not been able to follow Hex news lately. I have seen some of the spoilers for set 3, but I am much more interested in feature additions than a new set right now.

Would anyone happen to know the progress Hex Ent has made over the past 3 months in terms of guilds, dungeons, and other features? I can't seem to find much beyond hype for set 3.

Fyren
06-17-2015, 05:29 AM
In terms of those, probably a ton, but nothing they've bothered to announce. It's said that the next major content patch after Set 3 will be the one that includes dungeons and true PvE, but when that's coming is anyone's guess. There are those who've called me optimistic for suspecting that around end of year.

Tazelbain
06-17-2015, 07:07 AM
20 new set 03 champs.
Extended Arts which are unlocked the Stardust. Stardust is a token that can be won in PvE or bought for gold.
Bulk card listing. IE create 20 listings of 20 cards in one go.
100p 1v1 constructed queue.
Chat update.
AA commons in the gold store ends.

I feel some version of chest opening and competitive PVP will be in it but this isn't confirmed.

Mr.Funsocks
06-17-2015, 08:07 AM
IIRC Chest opening is slotted for a big PvE patch after Set 3.

nicetodd
06-17-2015, 08:19 AM
IIRC Chest opening is slotted for a big PvE patch after Set 3.

Mixed messages on this issue.

regomar
06-17-2015, 08:26 AM
Pretty much nothing the OP seems interested in has been announced in the last 3 months. No guilds, no dungeons, no announcement of new PvE stuff. Shame really.

Axle
06-17-2015, 08:30 AM
We're hoping that a huge shift to PvE content can happen after Armies of Myth. That also seems like the current plan based on the RPC interview with Cory.

Salverus
06-17-2015, 08:42 AM
their plan was to do a PvP update, then a PvE update, then a PvP update etc.
So if you are only interested in PvE and you were already around when the frost ring launched, you missed nothing and will not miss anything either for the next 3 months most likely.

WolfCrypt
06-17-2015, 09:55 AM
Oh I'd like to think we'll see pve spoilers in next 3 months.

YourOpponent
06-17-2015, 10:51 AM

Bulk card listing shouldn't be too hard for them to do. When the AH first came out you could have multiple copies of the same card listed for one lump price. People complained about that idea though so they took it down.

Reckless
06-17-2015, 11:10 AM
100p 1v1 constructed queue.
Chat update.

Hu? did i miss any update? I haven't heard about those points o.o

Svenn
06-17-2015, 11:15 AM
Hu? did i miss any update? I haven't heard about those points o.o

Two of the three were posted by Chark. I haven't heard about the chat update? I hope they re-do it again because the current chat system is god awful.

Tazelbain
06-17-2015, 11:18 AM
First two were said by Chark here in forums.
And last by Cory in one the interviews.
You are right none were said in an official article so they could easily get pushed.

hex_colin
06-17-2015, 11:21 AM
Two of the three were posted by Chark. I haven't heard about the chat update? I hope they re-do it again because the current chat system is god awful.

It's not god awful. It just needs a couple of things we had before and got used to - chat notifications for the various channels, and staying on the last chat tab you were on before minimizing.

Roy_G
06-17-2015, 11:24 AM
They also mentioned test server this week,is this still due this week?They haven't said a word about it since Friday.

Svenn
06-17-2015, 11:26 AM
It's not god awful. It just needs a couple of things we had before and got used to - chat notifications for the various channels, and staying on the last chat tab you were on before minimizing.

The giant bubble chat, only one channel per tab, super large and clunky, doesn't remember size/position...

Tabs are great, but it shouldn't be one channel per tab. The bubbles are really annoying and just waste a TON of space. They tried to make it into a cell phone messaging app, which does not fit for a PC game at all.

We need this: http://i.imgur.com/cDHfP5W.jpg
Neat, compact, customizable, easy to read.

Gwaer
06-17-2015, 11:29 AM
What we have now will work better when it's ported to tablets than that. I'd love to be able to mod the client a little though. Because I think you're right. Everquest style chat dialogue is much better for any mmo. Even a card game one.

Svenn
06-17-2015, 11:33 AM
What we have now will work better when it's ported to tablets than that. I'd love to be able to mod the client a little though. Because I think you're right. Everquest style chat dialogue is much better for any mmo. Even a card game one.

That's all fine and dandy, but PC functionality should NOT be sacrificed to work for tablets. It should be a separate thing. I backed this as a PC game, with a stretch goal to eventually have a tablet client. I didn't back a port of a tablet game.

Bad UI is one of my biggest pet peaves when it comes to games. I've avoided using this chat box as much as possible. I used to chat with people during games/tournaments all the time, but I can't stand even opening the chat box for that anymore.

Gwaer
06-17-2015, 11:35 AM
Yes yes. What you backed is most important. I'm sure we all feel that way. However. We all have to realize that there is limited Dev time to get everything done. Cory outsourced the chat code to another development group and it is better for a release product than what we had. And it will be better for tablets in addition to that. They have to use their resources as best they can, irrespective of why you specifically gave them money.

Some tweaks will make the current chat significantly better, hopefully when things are settled down and features like dungeons are in game we can have a couple of different chat options. Because I'd definitely prefer the standard EQ style with different colors dedicated to different channels, etc.

Zophie
06-17-2015, 11:58 AM
We need this: http://i.imgur.com/cDHfP5W.jpg
Neat, compact, customizable, easy to read.

lol @ ffxiv gil spam in screenshot, those guys are persistent :)

That said, totally agree, we need a much better chat UI for PC clients. I realize it's easier to make it portable to tablets at this stage in development, and I'm okay with that for now, but they better at least keep it on the backburner to fix later.

Thrawn
06-17-2015, 12:01 PM
We all have to realize that there is limited Dev time to get everything done.

I hate this excuse, the 1% of us (or whatever it is) that read the forums are aware of this. No one else is going to care though. If something needs improvement, it's needs improvement regardless of the reason it hasn't' been done yet.

Svenn
06-17-2015, 12:05 PM
However. We all have to realize that there is limited Dev time to get everything done.
I know all about limited Dev time. However, what we had before was fine for what it was, but dev time went into it and it got worse. That's my concern. I feel like we went backwards.

Cory outsourced the chat code to another development group and it is better for a release product than what we had. And it will be better for tablets in addition to that. They have to use their resources as best they can, irrespective of why you specifically gave them money.

Where did you hear that they outsourced the chat? If that's the case, then limited dev time doesn't apply because it's not even them doing it.

israel.kendall
06-17-2015, 12:13 PM

And chatvatars, we badly need chatvatars. Everyone should not be a dwarf in chat, not everyone is worthy of such glorious beards.

Gwaer
06-17-2015, 12:17 PM
I believe Cory talked about hiring a team to work on the chat interface in one of his interviews. I'm not sure where.

As far as being tired of that excuse, it's unfortunately the reality of the situation. They're having to make very tough decisions all the time, I disagree with the old chat interface being good enough, it definitely needed updating before release. The new one looks better but is missing some necessary functionality to make it useful.

Svenn
06-17-2015, 12:24 PM
I disagree with the old chat interface being good enough, it definitely needed updating before release. The new one looks better but is missing some necessary functionality to make it useful.

We're just going to have to disagree here. ;) There is very little I like about the new one over the old one. The old one was functional enough for a beta. Yes, it needed to be updated for release, but really it mainly just needed a few bug fixes and some features like working tabs.

Yoss
06-17-2015, 12:56 PM
Kudos for proper use of "irrespective" and not the non-word "irregardless" back there.

Also, I agree with Svenn on the chat topic. Every word of it (up to this point).

Gwaer
06-17-2015, 12:58 PM
Kudos for proper use of "irrespective" and not the non-word "irregardless" back there.

Also, I agree with Svenn on the chat topic. Every word of it (up to this point).

At least some of your priorities are in order. ;)

israel.kendall
06-17-2015, 01:14 PM
Pretty sure irregardless is a word.

Erukk
06-17-2015, 01:20 PM

I'm guessing it's in the same place as "ain't". It has an ill reputation, but it became a word simply because it was used often enough to ingrain itself into the vocabulary by force alone.

Halsey
06-17-2015, 01:23 PM
I disagree with the old chat interface being good enough, it definitely needed updating before release. The new one looks better but is missing some necessary functionality to make it useful.

I couldn't disagree more, I think release would go better with the old chat than the new. The old chat was preferable to the new one in every way except making it far easier to switch which channel you're typing in. Realizing that this is purely personal opinion, the look of the new chat makes me hate using it, and is probably the worst thing about it.

For the first month or so we had it I refused to even open it, now I've gotten back to saying at least good luck and have fun at the beginning of a match, and have had a couple conversations using it. However, that has been in spite of the chat interface, not because of it. In contrast, the first thing I did when I logged in with the old system was open general chat and make it larger. It was almost always open, and while i may not have said a lot, I enjoyed following it. Now I find it barely tolerable for a one on one conversation, more than that and it just get's closed. Honestly beyond it being a pain to swap channels when I did want to say something my biggest complaint about the old system was that it auto closed changing game screens.

That said, again knowing the aesthetics are a personal opinion, I doubt they will do away with the style they have, but please give us a 'plain text' option at a minimum, or something other than those horrid bubbles.

Just to be clear..

a. It certainly isn't a quit playing issue, I love the game over all, and am very glad I kickstarted it, and have enjoyed watching it grow.

b. Yes I get resources are limited, I'm not asking for anything tomorrow, or even soon.

x78089
06-17-2015, 01:31 PM

No.

vickrpg
06-17-2015, 02:08 PM

Regard.
Regardless. Without Regard.
Irregardless. Without Without regard. Definitely not a real word, It's one of the most common non-words and mistakes. along with "for all intensive purposes"

It's pretty awful. It does look a lot more "Polished" and "Professional" but it removed a lot of features. Colors on emotes, Copy pasting, size of backlog, etc. The new chat even has some terrible terrible bugs, like if you move the window to the top of the screen, it's possible to not be able to move it back, which is only okay now because it doesn't remember chat position.

The old chat was better in almost every way, except for the potential complexity of tabs, which isn't even fully implemented.

thegreybetween
06-17-2015, 02:20 PM
Regard.
Regardless. Without Regard.
Irregardless. Without Without regard. Definitely not a real word, It's one of the most common non-words and mistakes. along with "for all intensive purposes"

Another fun one is "for free". Technically, you can get something for nothing, or it can be free. "For free" is another example of a non-entity that has become a thing simply by the force of people continuing to use it.

Then again, we live in a world where the official definition of "literally" has been amended to include "figuratively" because common usage demanded it. So I'm sure "irregardless" will make its way into the dictionary soon enough. The "living language" argument is brilliant if enough people can't be bothered to learn the rules. Verily, in sooth, betwixt, and so forth...

israel.kendall
06-17-2015, 02:25 PM
If Merriam-Webster says it's a word I agree with them. You guys make good arguments, but I consider them a credible source.

Zophie
06-17-2015, 02:27 PM
Irregardless has been used for over a century and is in several dictionaries (albeit as "non-standard" or "informal"), the understanding of the word when spoken is universal and effectively communicates the meaning behind it, even with the non-standard usage. So yes, it's a word. You can still use the proper form and just say regardless, but our language has evolved to accept irregardless as well, despite the inaccurate nature of it.

Here is an interesting blog discussing this word and the debate around its usage:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jonathon-owen/yes-irregardless-is-a-wor_b_4434749.html

thegreybetween
06-17-2015, 02:28 PM
Derp.

Zophie
06-17-2015, 02:29 PM
Derp.

ninja edit :D

thegreybetween
06-17-2015, 02:31 PM
ninja edit :D

I figured my luck was just too good for that to work out ;-)

nicosharp
06-17-2015, 03:00 PM
I figured my luck was just too good for that to work out ;-)
Top right of every browser has a confidence check before making absurd claims.

Kami
06-17-2015, 03:03 PM
This thread has completely derailed. For news, just keep tracking updates. :)