PDA

View Full Version : Test Server!

dogmod
06-17-2015, 07:33 PM
https://www.hextcg.com/armies-of-myth-test-server-618/

Authenticator use? :D

Who is the necrotic Bad A in the middle eh?

WolfCrypt
06-17-2015, 07:34 PM
So I gotta wait till 1pm my time to play but can download it now.. I see no point in downloading it now :/

plaguedealer
06-17-2015, 07:34 PM
Was wondering who would post first, the updater is definitely cool looking.

WolfCrypt
06-17-2015, 07:36 PM
Oh so when Set 3 is live the updater is updated too? Dang this is one heavy patch.

Skirovik
So I gotta wait till 1pm my time to play but can download it now.. I see no point in downloading it now :/

I gotta wait till 3am my time. I wouldn't complain too much about 1pm. :P

RCDv57
I think thats the art from the Army of Myth Card.

israel.kendall
06-17-2015, 07:37 PM
I better set my alarm, 1pm comes early.

plaguedealer
06-17-2015, 07:37 PM
Updater has the armies of myth card in the background, trying to read what is being installed, but not getting any hints. Wish I had patch notes or something.

WolfCrypt
06-17-2015, 07:40 PM
I'm often up at 3am so that doesn't bug me haha besides we got four days to play test server so I wouldn't worry bout not playing instant its live in your time zone.

dogmod
06-17-2015, 07:42 PM
It's not the art on the update that is bad A. It is the art on the login screen. Middle Necrotic dude looks amazing. Also there is a button for authenticator use ;o

plaguedealer
06-17-2015, 07:42 PM
Dangit your download is faster then mine

hex_colin
06-17-2015, 07:43 PM
Authenticator use? :D

I saw/used this in a build quite some time ago. Wasn't sure why Shawn was being so cagey about mentioning it. Glad it's out in the open now. :)

Who knows what other surprises lie in the client... ;)

WolfCrypt
06-17-2015, 07:44 PM
authenticator?? And why login I thought it wasn't live till tomorrow California is only three hour diffrence from where I live so I naturally assume no one can login right now regardless of time in their zone.

dogmod
06-17-2015, 07:45 PM
authenticator?? And why login I thought it wasn't live till tomorrow California is only three hour diffrence from where I live so I naturally assume no one can login right now regardless of time in their zone.

Doesn't mean you can't sneak a peak at the login screen!

hex_colin
06-17-2015, 07:45 PM

You can open the client though, whether or not you can log in... ;)

plaguedealer
06-17-2015, 07:46 PM

We can download it, but not play, gives me something to do. This is the first time I heard that this patch will include authentication support.

I would recommend to anyone to download it because it is pretty darn big.

WolfCrypt
06-17-2015, 07:47 PM
Well I don't have anything to unzip it with and I'm certainly not going to get one just for a four day weekend... I guess I'll just have to wait longer...

TOOT
06-17-2015, 07:49 PM
Well I don't have anything to unzip it with and I'm certainly not going to get one just for a four day weekend... I guess I'll just have to wait longer...

wow

israel.kendall

Are you on windows?

dogmod

... *crickets*

WolfCrypt
06-17-2015, 07:50 PM
Windows 8 to be specific.

plaguedealer
06-17-2015, 07:50 PM
google free unzip software, there is alot of options, I am in no means a tech wiz. I was able to unzip it when I double clicked the icon.

israel.kendall
06-17-2015, 07:51 PM
Windows 8 to be specific.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/zip-unzip-files

Svenn
06-17-2015, 07:52 PM
Pretty sure Windows 7+ can unzip stuff without another program. Either way, WinRAR is free, tiny, and awesome.

YAY Patch!

We can download it, but not play, gives me something to do. This is the first time I heard that this patch will include authentication support.

I would recommend to anyone to download it because it is pretty darn big.
We know very little about this patch other than it will include Set 3 and a few other minor features. I'm guessing there's going to be quite a few fun surprises. There always are. Plus, Colin has been hinting at lots of cool things for a while. ;)

WolfCrypt
06-17-2015, 07:52 PM
That is incredibly convoluted... I'll just wait for live.

Chadatog
06-17-2015, 07:54 PM
drag and drop is convoluted.....:confused:

Voormas
So on the login page it has the thing for Authenticator then if you click that it has (optional) already filled in - I thought the point of enabling an authenticator was that it was then mandatory?

Svenn

...unzipping in Win8 is literally just double clicking the zip file and dragging the files somewhere.

israel.kendall

Double click the folder in file explorer, then click that "extract all" button you see in the picture.

poizonous
06-17-2015, 07:57 PM
Edit: Deleted for being stupid missing the BOLD line of text in the update

hex_colin
06-17-2015, 07:58 PM
is this a new test server client or can i use my old one because my old one is not downloading any new patch

It's completely new.

WolfCrypt
It specifically says you need to get the new one.

Svenn
Edit: Deleted for being stupid missing the BOLD line of text in the update

New one:

PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU NEED TO DOWNLOAD THE NEW CLIENT, IF YOU HAD THE OLD CLIENT PLEASE DELETE YOUR OLD FILES.

poizonous
06-17-2015, 08:03 PM
wow 2 people quoted me before i could even edit it, and i thought i editted it relatively quick... thanks guys for making me look bad Kappa

My only other question is why only 1 day of server up? (Guess there are logical reasons, just kind of curious)

hex_colin
06-17-2015, 08:06 PM
wow 2 people quoted me before i could even edit it, and i thought i editted it relatively quick... thanks guys for making me look bad Kappa

My only other question is why only 1 day of server up? (Guess there are logical reasons, just kind of curious)

Well, it destroys live while it's up, so I'm guessing they want to minimize the disruption since all anyone will do is play on test.

Mejis
06-17-2015, 08:07 PM
Woot.

So is this patcher just for the test server yeah?

I downloaded the file and it patched, but it never asked me where it was downloading the files too. Previously I had the HEXTest client in a specific place on my D drive, but this didn't give me an option. Or maybe I'm stupid?

WolfCrypt
06-17-2015, 08:09 PM
I really don't know much about unzipping.. But when I clicked on link for test server it asked me whether to open it with internet explorer or do something else... Um..

Voormas
06-17-2015, 08:09 PM
I downloaded the file and it patched, but it never asked me where it was downloading the files too. Previously I had the HEXTest client in a specific place on my D drive, but this didn't give me an option. Or maybe I'm stupid?

Yea I can't find where it downloaded anything to either :confused: need to get it onto a USB for my friend due to download caps

WolfCrypt
06-17-2015, 08:11 PM
Gah Set 2 test server you downloaded it and there you go it didn't have a zipper..

plaguedealer
06-17-2015, 08:11 PM
Gah Set 2 test server you downloaded it and there you go it didn't have a zipper..

Use Winrar

Aradon
06-17-2015, 08:13 PM
I used to use WinRar. Then I realized Windows does this anyways. You need literally nothing but a destination folder.

Mejis
Yea I can't find where it downloaded anything to either :confused: need to get it onto a USB for my friend due to download caps

So it looks like it just patched into wherever the patcher directory is that you extracted it into.

I put mine in my empty HEX Test folder and it's all installed in there now it seems.

Svenn
Anyone else having a lot of trouble with the launcher? I downloaded the brand new one (uninstalled the old one long ago). It patches and reboots like 3 times, then it gets hung up on HexPatch.exe.old (Checking Existing Files). I deleted all the .old files and it patched, then it got hung up on downloading an Assembly DLL. Deleted the whole thing and started over and got the exact same thing.

Running Win7 64-bit.

israel.kendall
06-17-2015, 08:14 PM
Use Winrar

He is on Windows 8 which has unzipper built into it.

plaguedealer
06-17-2015, 08:15 PM
He is on Windows 8 which has unzipper built into it.

He is obviously having problems with windows 8

WolfCrypt
Yeah but shouldn't it just um do that it brings up save to or open with Internet Exploerer(default) or other

Mejis
PS there's a "Set 3 PvE promo" file in the install. Hmm, I wonder what that is.

incitfulmonk21
06-17-2015, 08:16 PM
Anyone else having a lot of trouble with the launcher? I downloaded the brand new one (uninstalled the old one long ago). It patches and reboots like 3 times, then it gets hung up on HexPatch.exe.old (Checking Existing Files). I deleted all the .old files and it patched, then it got hung up on downloading an Assembly DLL. Deleted the whole thing and started over and got the exact same thing.

Running Win7 64-bit.

Had the same thing happen, but didn't delete the .old files, using the same OS. I just closed out and when I restarted it went through just fine.

Edit: I did ask if I wanted to archive files that I agreed to do.

Svenn
06-17-2015, 08:16 PM
Yeah but shouldn't it just um do that it brings up save to or open with Internet Exploerer(default) or other

First of all, use ANYTHING other than Internet Explorer... Chrome or Firefox would be best.

Svenn
06-17-2015, 08:18 PM
Had the same thing happen using the same OS. I just closed out and when I restarted it went through just fine.

Tried that several times. No luck. :(

plaguedealer

Let the thing open with internet explorer, I use chrome and it downloaded through that

TOOT

Running Win7 64-bit.

Had the same thing happen, but didn't delete the .old files, using the same OS. I just closed out and when I restarted it went through just fine.

Same issue. Just closed it and restarted and it worked fine. Also on Win7 64-bit

poizonous
06-17-2015, 08:19 PM
I deleted the .old files and everything working fine from that point on, there are only like 6, not hard to find

MasterN64
06-17-2015, 08:20 PM
Same issue. Just closed it and restarted and it worked fine. Also on Win7 64-bit

I had similar issues and now i can get the client to load all the way to the EULA prompt but hitting agree only leads for it to repeat the window forever never letting me see the actual username and password boxes.

israel.kendall
06-17-2015, 08:20 PM

Just right click the link and choose "save target as" and save it somewhere (probably desktop so you can find it)

WolfCrypt
06-17-2015, 08:22 PM
Just right click the link and choose "save target as" and save it somewhere (probably desktop so you can find it)

Wouldn't that just put the file there and like not do anything?

poizonous
06-17-2015, 08:23 PM
And in rather disappointing news (Who wouldve thought this would be disappointing) I decided to get a job that starts me either Tomorrow or Friday... Lucky me I suppose

Mejis

Yes, it will save the file there. Then you can open the file and extract the contents, just like you would any other zipped file.

incitfulmonk21
Tried that several times. No luck. :(

I am really not a tech guy I am just above the person that complains about why my computer doesn't turn on when it is off. I guess we found the first bug sadly. I did edit my post to talk about how I agreed to it creating new files though.

LeMazing
06-17-2015, 08:24 PM
I deleted the .old files and everything working fine from that point on, there are only like 6, not hard to find

This seems to have solved the problem for me, thanks. I removed 8.

israel.kendall
06-17-2015, 08:25 PM

step 1 is to save the file somewhere
step 2 is to extract the zip file
step 3 is run the patcher

Edit: sorry forgot you must first uninstall and delete old test server install

yoyogod
06-17-2015, 08:32 PM
Well this is annoying. I was having the problem where the patcher was hanging, but I managed to get it to load by deleteing everything and reinstalling. Now I'm running into a problem where every time I load the client I get the terms and conditions message constantly popping up even after I hit accept.

MasterN64
06-17-2015, 08:34 PM
Well this is annoying. I was having the problem where the patcher was hanging, but I managed to get it to load by deleteing everything and reinstalling. Now I'm running into a problem where every time I load the client I get the terms and conditions message constantly popping up even after I hit accept.

Same situation as me. I dont know if its normal as the server isnt up yet and cant respond to the button or if its handled client side and its not saving the setting.

israel.kendall
06-17-2015, 08:35 PM
Same situation as me. I dont know if its normal as the server isnt up yet and cant respond to the button or if its handled client side and its not saving the setting.

You guys should report the bugs maybe http://forums.cryptozoic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121

israel.kendall
06-17-2015, 08:36 PM
Have you guys seen the known issues listed here? http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=40641 Chest opening!!!!! edit 2 nm

incitfulmonk21
06-17-2015, 08:41 PM
So I unistalled and redownloaded the patch. I checked and there were no .old files. As the install was running it said new files were created and did I want to add them to the archive I selected no. This time it went straight through the .old check and there are still no .old files in the patcher.

Svenn
06-17-2015, 08:42 PM
After deleting the .old files it updates a bunch, looks like it finishes... then both bars go blank and it says "Updating Files... Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll" and gets stuck there. That file doesn't exist anywhere. Rebooting the launcher doesn't fix it.

ghulzen
06-17-2015, 08:43 PM
After deleting the .old files it updates a bunch, looks like it finishes... then both bars go blank and it says "Updating Files... Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll" and gets stuck there. That file doesn't exist anywhere. Rebooting the launcher doesn't fix it.

Same here

poizonous
06-17-2015, 08:45 PM
yup I have the same hick up as you guys now

MasterN64
06-17-2015, 08:45 PM
Anyone know exactly what file the user settings are stored in on the client? Im gonna try deleting it or something and see if that lets me kille the EULA boss.

Zophie
06-17-2015, 08:46 PM
omg this thread lol :stormcloud:

But yeah anyway, I wonder if the introduction of authenticator support will come with some new features on the website for managing the authenticators on your account. Ooh I hope however they set it up they include a feature that gives a QR code for the key to scan with your mobile app to set it up, that'd be nifty, I just did that recently when setting it up with Last Pass it was nice.

Incindium
06-17-2015, 08:47 PM
They are going to use Google Authenticator it says in Test Server know issues list.

incitfulmonk21
06-17-2015, 08:49 PM
Whelp still stuck on the EULA :(. I guess I will have to wait and see if someone figures it out.

TOOT
06-17-2015, 08:49 PM
Asynch/Gauntlet! Miracles do happen! :)

incitfulmonk21
06-17-2015, 08:51 PM
Holy crap them Patch notes! So much Awesome!

Edit: Not really notes as features mentioned.

hex_colin
06-17-2015, 08:51 PM
Asynch/Gauntlet! Miracles do happen! :)

And people doubted my positivism... ;)

Zophie
06-17-2015, 08:53 PM
Anyone know exactly what file the user settings are stored in on the client? Im gonna try deleting it or something and see if that lets me kille the EULA boss.

It's not in a file, it's actually in the Windows Registry. If you're familiar with that much then you can probably find it on your own, but only mess with that if you know what you're doing.

Zophie
06-17-2015, 08:55 PM
They are going to use Google Authenticator it says in Test Server know issues list.

Yeah I figured that, but I'm just thinking about the initial set up process, the place where we manage it on our Hex account to start using it or manage it.

TOOT
06-17-2015, 08:56 PM
And people doubted my positivism... ;)

Any word if gauntlet is sealed or constructed? Both!?!?

israel.kendall
06-17-2015, 09:00 PM
Any word if gauntlet is sealed or constructed? Both!?!?

I don't know what it is but I hope there is limited in it somewhere.

dogmod
Heck yes Asynch....

Get a constructed ranking system and the first few dungeons in and I think we have ourselves a game :D

Stok3d
Holy crap them Patch notes! So much Awesome!

For those looking:

New Features

Armies of Myth – The third set for HEX: Shards of Fate is available for testing! Choose from 20 new champions, and over 250 new cards for honor and glory! Packs and starter decks can be purchased in the in-game store.
New Wheels of Fate rewards for Armies of Myth – Roll your chests in Kismet’s Well to find the new Wheels of Fate rewards!
Chest Opening – Players will now be able to open their chests from Shards of Fate, Shattered Destiny, and Armies of Myth!
Extended Art – Zooming in on a card in the Card Manager will allow you to unlock a cards Extended Art! Cards that are unlocked can be toggled back and forth using the EA toggle in the upper right of the card.
Authenticator – Players will be able to attach a Google Authenticator to their account. More details to come.
Gauntlet format tournaments – This new format of tournament allows a player to compete on their schedule. When you win 5 games or lose 3 games (whichever comes first) your tournament is done and rewards are given based on your record.
Friends Challenge – Players can now directly challenge their friends through the friends interface in chat to a best-of-three-games match.

israel.kendall
06-17-2015, 09:02 PM
For those looking:

The part beneath this goes on to say that chest opening is disabled on test.

N3rd4Christ
06-17-2015, 09:03 PM
For those looking:

Much Hype!

Zophie
06-17-2015, 09:04 PM
... and the first few dungeons in ...

More than a few, last I heard Cory talking about it he said he wanted like a baker's dozen to drop on us when we finally get them ;)

Gwaer
06-17-2015, 09:04 PM
I have been wondering why they didn't spoil any of these features. But I guess people just finding out about them when looking at patch notes/ messing around in client is also impactful.

israel.kendall
06-17-2015, 09:10 PM
Gauntlet Tourney description has been updated to specify both sealed and constructed:

"Gauntlet tournaments – This new format of tournament allows a player to play sealed and constructed games on their schedule. When you win 5 games or lose 3 games (whichever comes first) your tournament is done and rewards are given based on your record."

TOOT
06-17-2015, 09:13 PM
Gauntlet Tourney description has been updated to specify both sealed and constructed:

"Gauntlet tournaments – This new format of tournament allows a player to play sealed and constructed games on their schedule. When you win 5 games or lose 3 games (whichever comes first) your tournament is done and rewards are given based on your record."

Incredible. So happy right now. I don't regret having a kid anymore. I kid! I kid! :)

WolfCrypt
06-17-2015, 09:13 PM
With all these issues glad I've not downloaded the server yet :P

ghulzen
06-17-2015, 09:15 PM

I finally fixed this by moving the files from the zip to somewhere other than my desktop.

dogmod
06-17-2015, 09:16 PM

Lol... There is just something about this obtuse negativity that makes me laugh.

I am sure you will get it figured out though.

CHEST OPENING HYPEZ

hex_colin
06-17-2015, 09:17 PM
So...

Sealed AND Constructed ASYNC, Authenticator Support, Top X Cut Tournaments, Set 3, Shift, Prophecy, Allegience, Multi-Threshold Cards, 21 New Champions (including Multi-Threshold Champions), Chest Opening (with awesome stuff), EA reveals for Gold/Stardust, Banes, Updated Login Screen, Updated Starter Trials and Rewards (+ 4 new ones), 4 New Starter Decks, 2nd Birthday Sleeve...

Quite the patch!!! :)

The question is... Is there more? ;)

Mejis
06-17-2015, 09:19 PM
So...

Sealed AND Constructed ASYNC, Authenticator Support, Top X Cut Tournaments, Set 3, Shift, Prophecy, Allegience, Multi-Threshold Cards, 21 New Champions (including Multi-Threshold Champions), Chest Opening (with awesome stuff), EA reveals for Gold/Stardust, Banes, Updated Login Screen, Updated Starter Trials and Rewards (+ 4 new ones), 4 New Starter Decks, 2nd Birthday Sleeve...

Quite the patch!!! :)

Oh Colin you big tease ;)

ASYNCHand CHESTS!! Woooot.

Although shame the test server patch notes say chests are disabled for now :-\

FlyingMeatchip
06-17-2015, 09:19 PM
Good God Man! Of course there are going to be issues.....that's where we come in, to help CZE make a good product. Also, we get free experience with Set 3 without dropping a single dime. Bring on the Server!

WolfCrypt
06-17-2015, 09:20 PM
Patch size of Texas and we've not even had true pve yet I worry for my pc cuz I tried Hero of Storm was kinda laggy...

Axle
06-17-2015, 09:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6MlaIe1ljs

I love this game. So sad I can't play tomorrow.

poizonous
06-17-2015, 09:21 PM
Chests are disabled because 70% of us would spend all day opening out chests and trying to find out the entire loot table =P

That totally doesnt help testing... And judging from the known card issues, we need to test a ton on the cards

Mejis
06-17-2015, 09:23 PM
That totally doesnt help testing... And judging from the known card issues, we need to test a ton on the cards

Yeah, quite a big list of card issue. Well, that's what we're here for.
Roll on testing time!

hex_colin
06-17-2015, 09:24 PM
Patch size of Texas and we've not even had true pve yet I worry for my pc cuz I tried Hero of Storm was kinda laggy...

You clearly haven't actually looked at the size of the patch if you're making that assertion. The game is now significantly smaller than before. :)

Showsni
06-17-2015, 09:25 PM

Updated AI decks in the arena?

WolfCrypt
06-17-2015, 09:26 PM
You clearly haven't actually looked at the size of the patch if you're making that assertion. The game is now significantly smaller than before. :)

Wait WHAT?! How in the Nine Hells of Baator does adding a huge patch you need to have test server for make game smaller in data size?! I'm no tech expert or even a newbie but that seems improbable.

Flairina
06-17-2015, 09:27 PM
Question- how exactly does the test server tournament work again? I missed the last one and I'm afraid I might miss this one since I'm moving back to my apartment this Saturday. I don't intend to play a ton, but the ability to play in at least one would be nice- heck, maybe I'm misconstruing even that; the way people were talking about the last one you could play more and more rounds all you wanted, but the rules indicate it's just one big tournament. Either way, I'm not sure if I need to be there at exactly 11 Pacific to participate, or if I can show up later and join some random tournament, so sorry if I sound like an idiot, but... someone please clarify? ^^;

hex_colin
06-17-2015, 09:29 PM
Question- how exactly does the test server tournament work again? I missed the last one and I'm afraid I might miss this one since I'm moving back to my apartment this Saturday. I don't intend to play a ton, but the ability to play in at least one would be nice- heck, maybe I'm misconstruing even that; the way people were talking about the last one you could play more and more rounds all you wanted, but the rules indicate it's just one big tournament. Either way, I'm not sure if I need to be there at exactly 11 Pacific to participate, or if I can show up later and join some random tournament, so sorry if I sound like an idiot, but... someone please clarify? ^^;

For the one that rewards actual prizes you'll need to be there before 11am.

magic_gazz
06-17-2015, 09:33 PM
Oh wow. This update is huge. Hopefully Gauntlet will increase the number of people playing constructed.

If the tournament works that will be a great step forward too.

I don't know how I am going to have time for anything other than Hex again lol

AdamAoE2
06-17-2015, 09:36 PM
Seems like a great patch - keep up the great work Hex team!

Svenn
06-17-2015, 09:37 PM
Well, I re-downloaded it for a third time and suddenly it patched and lets me in the client. Now I can't get past the Terms of Service. They just keep popping up over and over no matter how many times I accept. >_<

ossuary
06-17-2015, 09:40 PM
Anyone else not able to log in right now? If not, my account didn't get copied over. :p

Oh the humanity.

WolfCrypt
06-17-2015, 09:40 PM
Anyone else not able to log in right now? If not, my account didn't get copied over. :p

Oh the humanity.

Um Mr Ossuary/important person. Its not open yet??

ossuary
06-17-2015, 09:42 PM
Some people were talking about things past the login screen, so I assumed it was unofficially open. :p

WolfCrypt
06-17-2015, 09:43 PM
Ninja test server.. meh I don't think so XD

ossuary
06-17-2015, 09:44 PM
This is what I get for trying to log in after spending 2 hours updating the test server bug forums to get everything ready, formatting the known issues list, etc. No more staying up after 1am for me. :p

WolfCrypt
06-17-2015, 09:45 PM
While he's asleep open it behind his back he'll never know >.>

Flairina
06-17-2015, 09:45 PM
For the one that rewards actual prizes you'll need to be there before 11am.

Wait, before 11? Do you mean just to wait around until it starts?

Cernz
06-17-2015, 09:46 PM
Super hyped about gauntlet tournaments ;) i just hope we have enough traffic to make em work :)

Showsni
06-17-2015, 09:47 PM
I guess spoiler season is over now we have all the card data. At least we can piece together those flavour text stories...

"The first living being was Xum The Weaver, who grew for 8 million years inside a cosmic egg. When Xum hatched, she began weaving together the universe." -Arachnomicon 1
"From her spinnerets, Xum wove the stars in the sky and the stone of the ground. She wove a giant ball of silk and set it on fire, creating the sun." -Arachnomicon 2
"When Xum was finished weaving reality, she pierced herself with her own leg. The blood from The Weaver's wound flooded the world and kept it submerged for 8000 years." -Arachnomicon 3
"Eventually, the tides of The Weaver's blood ebbed. What remains of the flood still exists today as the lake of blood near the vennen city of Nahzk." -Arachnomicon 4
"The massive spear that sticks out of the lake of blood is actually Xum's leg, the one she used to stab herself." -Arachnomicon 5
"The first two sentient creatures to emerge from the lake of blood were Xythnin and Xentoth. The male and female spider gods were imbued with The Weaver's blood." -Arachnomicon 6
"Together, Xythnin and Xentoth created Blood Magic, the purest expression of magic that has ever existed." -Arachnomicon 7
"They had eight hundred children who skittered out from beneath the ground, and migrated throughout Entrath." -Arachnomicon 8
"The children of Xythnin and Xentoth became the Spider Kings, who would rule the various regions of Entrath with dictatorial cruelty." -Arachnomicon 9
"The spider god Xythnin would travel the realms of the Spider Kings, advising his children in matters of politics and war. Xentoth became increasingly irritated by her husband's inattention." -Arachnomicon 10
"He said, 'I, Xythnin, am the true god. You, wife, have already given birth to the Spider Kings that now rule all of Entrath. Your purpose has been served. Now be silent.'" -Arachnomicon 11
"Enraged, Xentoth slew her husband on the spot. The female spider god then traveled the realms of the Spider Kings and assassinated them all." -Arachnomicon 12
"Xentoth now saw all of her spawn as the bastards of Xythnin the traitor, thus all deserved death." -Arachnomicon 13
"After murdering all of her children, Xentoth retreated to her subterranean lair, vowing to spend eternity alone." -Arachnomicon 14
"With all of their monarchs slain, Entrath descended into eight centuries of chaos." -Arachnomicon 15
"Vermin crawled upon the mud of the broken lands. They ate the souls of their children and lived amidst filth. These creatures came to be known as 'orcs'." -Arachnomicon 16
"Two hundred thousand years ago, an orc raiding party exploring the caverns of the world below the surface discovered the enormous lake of blood." -Arachnomicon 17
"Outraged at the presence of surface-world intruders in her lair, Xentoth captured and consumed the entire orc contingent." -Arachnomicon 18
"Soon after, Xentoth began to lay hundreds of eggs, and from these sacs emerged the first vennen, beings of pure Blood Magic." -Arachnomicon 19
"Her new children were not kings, but they were entirely hers, which pleased the spider god." -Arachnomicon 20
"Eventually, when her hunger reaches its apex, Xentoth will eat the world. She will then transform into a giant cosmic egg and begin the 8 million year wait to hatch again." -Arachnomicon 21

Axle
06-17-2015, 09:48 PM
Gonna have to steal someones Wi-Fi tomorrow.

hex_colin
06-17-2015, 09:51 PM
Wait, before 11? Do you mean just to wait around until it starts?

Well, you need to get into the queue before it starts at 11am. And, given that demand on the server will be high (and they'll likely be constraining server resources intentionally) both logging in and joining the tournament are likely to be slow. I'd be in the queue by 10.30am at the latest to be safe.

poizonous
06-17-2015, 09:52 PM
Grr now I really broke it... After getting stuck at Terms of Service, I attempted to uninstall and reinstall again to now have it not patch at all after a fresh reinstall.... leading to it getting frozen and me having to close it manually from the task manager

Svenn
06-17-2015, 09:53 PM
Grr now I really broke it... After getting stuck at Terms of Service, I attempted to uninstall and reinstall again to now have it not patch at all after a fresh reinstall.... leading to it getting frozen and me having to close it manually from the task manager

Same thing here.

Flairina
06-17-2015, 09:54 PM
Well, you need to get into the queue before it starts at 11am. And, given that demand on the server will be high (and they'll likely be constraining server resources intentionally) both logging in and joining the tournament are likely to be slow. I'd be in the queue by 10.30am at the latest to be safe.

Hmm. Okay, maybe then... thanks for the info Colin. :)

magic_gazz
06-17-2015, 09:56 PM
New log in screen is very nice.

poizonous
06-17-2015, 09:57 PM
New log in screen is very nice.

Tease... I havent got that far yet, still trying to get past Terms of Service :P

Mejis
I guess spoiler season is over now we have all the card data. At least we can piece together those flavour text stories...

"The first living being was Xum The Weaver, who grew for 8 million years inside a cosmic egg. When Xum hatched, she began weaving together the universe." -Arachnomicon 1

Where did you find all the spoiler text?

EDIT: what I mean is, where do you find all the card data?

WolfCrypt
About the Vennen bible... Their nuts and their mother is a grump really she killed her husband over some degrading? Talk about short temper...

Showsni
06-17-2015, 09:58 PM
Whatever I did seemed to work first time... I downloaded the patcher, unzipped, and ran it. Then I realised halfway through that would patch it to the downloads folder I downloaded it to, so I cancelled that and copied the unzipped files over to my old Test Server folder and ran the patcher from there. Then I realised I hadn't quite copied all the files, so I cancelled and just unzipped the original download to the Test Server folder and ran the patcher again. And when it was done, it seemed (and seems) to work.

WolfCrypt
06-17-2015, 10:08 PM
I decided to just go and get it.

Flairina
06-17-2015, 10:24 PM
I had no real problems downloading this at least. I just extracted it to my desktop and ran the patch; made a new icon and I got in easy. Not sure why everyone else is having trouble.

Svenn
06-17-2015, 10:25 PM
Repair install got me back into the game, but still can't accept the ToS.

WolfCrypt
06-17-2015, 10:27 PM
Its patching can't wait to play *debates on whether I should not even go bed*

Flairina
06-17-2015, 10:28 PM

You can't play right now anyways; the server isn't open yet. Don't worry too much just yet. :P

poizonous
06-17-2015, 10:29 PM

considering it wont be up for 12 hours i would suggest sleep

israel.kendall
06-17-2015, 10:29 PM
Well that's good, glad you finally got it figured out.

WolfCrypt
06-17-2015, 10:32 PM
But I wanna play Kingdom Hearts take a bath and oooh maybe get10 affinity in Tales so much to do to stay up all day XD

Mejis
06-17-2015, 10:40 PM
Where did you find all the spoiler text?

EDIT: what I mean is, where do you find all the card data?

To reply to my own paste, do you just paste the names into this, al la: http://hextcg.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-hex-helper/hex_helper_cardfinder.php?find=Spiritbound%20Spy

SacrificialToast
06-17-2015, 10:46 PM
A potentially ten round swiss tournament sounds...rather unappealing. Well, I guess I'll see how it goes.

WolfCrypt
06-17-2015, 10:51 PM
*Sees login screen* I guess Elves aren't into being popular..? Why are there no elves??!

poizonous
06-17-2015, 11:04 PM
guess im gonna just have to watch the test server at this rate, onto install #7 same errors in the same order each time... First i get the .OLD files, then i get hung up at the CSHARP file, and then endless loop of terms of service... Starting to think its more of a PC issue, gladly im not the only person getting these errors

WolfCrypt
06-17-2015, 11:05 PM
My issue was the stuff not being in right spot :P

Svenn
06-17-2015, 11:05 PM
So, downloaded, installed, and ran fine on my Surface Pro (Windows 8). Copied the files from there to my desktop and it decided to try and re-patch a bunch of stuff. I ran into the .old file issues again. Cleared those and got the Assembly CSharp first DLL issue again. I give up for tonight.

ghulzen
06-17-2015, 11:08 PM
So, downloaded, installed, and ran fine on my Surface Pro (Windows 8). Copied the files from there to my desktop and it decided to try and re-patch a bunch of stuff. I ran into the .old file issues again. Cleared those and got the Assembly CSharp first DLL issue again. I give up for tonight.

Don't run it from the desktop. Had the same problem. Worked fine when I moved it to a different drive location.

poizonous
06-17-2015, 11:08 PM

Can anyone confirm this Patcher working fine on Windows 7? Could be a thought

Zophie
06-17-2015, 11:15 PM

Worked fine for me first try, Win 7 x64. I extracted the zip to a new folder on my drive, ran the patcher, and it downloaded everything, started client, accepted EULA, got login screen.

katkillad
06-17-2015, 11:17 PM

Zero issues here on Win 7.

poizonous
06-17-2015, 11:18 PM
Eureka I did it.... God that was odd, I wish I knew what caused this... Svenn since you are having same issues as me just do this.

Run the game and if you get the Endless loop of ToS just close the game, copy every file in the folder into a different folder, delete old folder and re run, fixed the loop for me

Mejis
06-17-2015, 11:23 PM
Worked fine for me first try, Win 7 x64. I extracted the zip to a new folder on my drive, ran the patcher, and it downloaded everything, started client, accepted EULA, got login screen.

Yeah fine for me. Just placed it in a folder in D and ran the patcher.

JohnDruitt
06-18-2015, 12:25 AM
So we have a big tournament right? And there will be like 3000+ players trying to play in it right? And in the known list there is a mention that reconnecting to games does not work... Urm... Does that we are out of it if we reconnect?

Chocmaw
06-18-2015, 12:27 AM

Thanks muchly Showsni. Any chance we can get all the signs from the Coyotle lore as well?

CHEST OPENING HYPE!

...happy about challenging friends directly too.

poizonous
06-18-2015, 12:32 AM
So we have a big tournament right? And there will be like 3000+ players trying to play in it right? And in the known list there is a mention that reconnecting to games does not work... Urm... Does that we are out of it if we reconnect?

possibly out of that particular round, i dont know if it means the whole tournament

nicosharp
06-18-2015, 12:32 AM
Wouldn't you be more concerned if the tournament actually worked without a hitch and allowed reconnects. Baby steps man.

JohnDruitt
06-18-2015, 12:38 AM
Wouldn't you be more concerned if the tournament actually worked without a hitch and allowed reconnects. Baby steps man.

I would be wildly amazed. But yeah, I hope I wont have to reconnect. If one wants to top8 he cannot affort to lose.

Salverus
06-18-2015, 12:53 AM
previous time i was stuck on the login screen because too many people tried to login at once, so we ll see how it goes this time.

Cirouss
06-18-2015, 02:01 AM
Oh boy! SUPER HYPED for the testserver! Going to stream this evening at my usual time (4PM GMT), hopefully it runs smooth ;)

poizonous
06-18-2015, 02:07 AM
Oh boy! SUPER HYPED for the testserver! Going to stream this evening at my usual time (4PM GMT), hopefully it runs smooth ;)

Cirouss have you lived under a rock??? Hoping for a stable test server... Shame on you Kappa =) Streamers know the test server is just a trap to make the viewers watch the loading screen for an hour

KingGabriel
06-18-2015, 02:12 AM
Loading test server...
http://i.imgur.com/IxzjV7g.gif

Salverus
06-18-2015, 02:14 AM

i believe test server will not be up until 6 pm GMT

Cirouss
06-18-2015, 02:27 AM
Cirouss have you lived under a rock??? Hoping for a stable test server... Shame on you Kappa =) Streamers know the test server is just a trap to make the viewers watch the loading screen for an hour

Delivering high quality loading screens to you guys! ;)

i believe test server will not be up until 6 pm GMT

It should be up at 5pm GMT (10 AM PST) - But my schedule starts at 4PM GMT so I gotta go up before :)

Xexist
06-18-2015, 04:38 AM

Maybe you can find a kindly senior citizen to help teach you how to use your computer :p

Axle
06-18-2015, 04:47 AM
No more intentional draws too now that we can challenge 2/3. Finally top 8 isn't actually worth the same as top 12.

chromus
06-18-2015, 04:55 AM
So much hype! 5 hours to go till Set 3 full spoiler & Set 3 Drafts!!

Really hope the test tourney goes well and we get the 100k tournament details soon after. :)

KingGabriel
06-18-2015, 04:57 AM
So much hype! 5 hours to go till Set 3 full spoiler & Set 3 Drafts!!

Really hope the test tourney goes well and we get the 100k tournament details soon after. :)
Still the PP tournament to come too.

Showsni
06-18-2015, 05:17 AM
Thanks muchly Showsni. Any chance we can get all the signs from the Coyotle lore as well?

CHEST OPENING HYPE!

...happy about challenging friends directly too.

Ozawa walked the stars. When he returned, he told the people about the Signs of the Prophecies.

"This is the First Sign: We know of the coming of the diamond-eyed, who took the land beneath the land and walk with borrowed flesh."
"This is the Second Sign: Our lands will see the coming of the rock men and their metal beasts with blood of black. They shall seek the end of all things."
"This is the Third Sign: A strange beast like a buffalo but with great long horns and eyes like glowing coals will overrun the land in large numbers."
"This is the Fourth Sign: Thin, hairless creatures of pure chaos will shatter an ancient soul that was long ago transformed."
"This is the Fifth Sign: The daughter of Blood Magic will emerge from the mouth of the mountain and speak to those who will not listen."
"This is the Sixth sign: The land shall be criss-crossed with rivers of stone that make pictures in the sun."
"This is the Seventh Sign: The grasses will absorb the cries of the dying. They will turn brown and scorn the sun."
"This is the Eighth Sign: The folk with skin of bark who hold their souls in acorns shall abandon their pacifism and seek the counsel of the elves."
"This is the Ninth Sign: The sovereign of the cottontails shall once again demand the enslavement of The People."
"This is the Tenth Sign: A child from the east will emerge in light. The people of the sand will beg him for salvation."
"This is the Eleventh Sign: The wounds of a bruised world shall once again bleed fire."
"This is the Twelfth Sign: A hero shall fall, then rise again as a king who is not a king."
"This is the Thirteenth Sign: The battle between the infernal and the insane shall tear a hole into this world."

You can find the text in the Localization folder.

Mahes
06-18-2015, 07:06 AM
Wow that was a little more difficult to set up then it should have been. Kept running into "Unable to find folder" issues. I finally had to put it on my desktop in its own folder and then create a shortcut onto the desktop.

On that note, why is it not automatically creating a desk top icon when running the setup??? This seems real basic "Programming for the masses 101".

The more difficult something is too setup, the easier it is too lose new players.

WolfCrypt
06-18-2015, 07:08 AM
I put it on my desktop but broke it I deleted whole thing and gt test server back....

Svenn
06-18-2015, 07:14 AM
Eureka I did it.... God that was odd, I wish I knew what caused this... Svenn since you are having same issues as me just do this.

Run the game and if you get the Endless loop of ToS just close the game, copy every file in the folder into a different folder, delete old folder and re run, fixed the loop for me
Still no luck. I'm stuck back at the original issue with the .old files and the Assembly DLL getting stuck. I've tried multiple folders in different locations (downloads folder, program files, and just straight C:/HexTest/ and C:/HexTestServer/). I've re-downloaded the zip file about 6 times. I installed on my other computer and copied the files over and tried running that way. Nothing works. Sometimes I can't even get past the patcher, sometimes I can make it to the ToS. It seems random what it's doing. I've never made it to the login screen on my desktop though. Worked fine first try on my Surface Pro.

Hexgo
06-18-2015, 08:33 AM
Still no luck. I'm stuck back at the original issue with the .old files and the Assembly DLL getting stuck. I've tried multiple folders in different locations (downloads folder, program files, and just straight C:/HexTest/ and C:/HexTestServer/). I've re-downloaded the zip file about 6 times. I installed on my other computer and copied the files over and tried running that way. Nothing works. Sometimes I can't even get past the patcher, sometimes I can make it to the ToS. It seems random what it's doing. I've never made it to the login screen on my desktop though. Worked fine first try on my Surface Pro.

Same issues here.
patcher/client totally broken here.

LeMazing
06-18-2015, 08:42 AM
I was stuck at the Assembly DLL check for a while and then moved everything back and forth between a few folders and now I'm just stuck at the ToS loop. I tried to find which file contains the tos-accepted flag, but couldn't.

Svenn
06-18-2015, 08:45 AM
I was stuck at the Assembly DLL check for a while and then moved everything back and forth between a few folders and now I'm just stuck at the ToS loop. I tried to find which file contains the tos-accepted flag, but couldn't.

Someone on reddit said you had to edit the config.ini to set up your region for the ToS. Try that and report back?

"You also have to adjust the config.ini file in the AppData folder of your user directory to your region, or you'll get stuck in the TOS screen..."

incitfulmonk21
06-18-2015, 08:50 AM
If you are able to figure it out it would be great to post it in the bugs forum as well so the engineers can fix it before release!

LeMazing
06-18-2015, 09:00 AM
Someone on reddit said you had to edit the config.ini to set up your region for the ToS. Try that and report back?

"You also have to adjust the config.ini file in the AppData folder of your user directory to your region, or you'll get stuck in the TOS screen..." Ooh, I'll give that a shot. Also there's a region.ini file in my main Hex folder. I'll try copying that over as well.

Xexist
06-18-2015, 09:48 AM
I downloaded the server to desktop.. unzipped to new folder, ran it, and came back later and clicked 'play' and the game ran. No problems here

BlueAvocado
06-18-2015, 09:59 AM
We putting up one more build with a couple more fixes. This is likely to delay the launch of the Test Server for 10-20 minutes. It will also require you to restart the patcher to get some of those changes once the update is complete.

Kaiba_Graysoul
06-18-2015, 10:00 AM
can you post back when to re patch?

israel.kendall
06-18-2015, 10:01 AM
We putting up one more build with a couple more fixes. This is likely to delay the launch of the Test Server for 10-20 minutes. It will also require you to restart the patcher to get some of those changes once the update is complete.

Thx for the info, and mmm blue guacamole.

MasterN64
06-18-2015, 10:03 AM
For those of you still having issues with the EULA boss you can try this too.

1- Ensure all of the old files from your old test client are gone if you ever installed it. Its often a custom folder somewhere so make sure to search for it.

2- Find your folder located here and delete it. C:\Users\*YOURUSERNAME*\AppData\LocalLow\Cryptozoi c

3- Redownlod the patcher to be safe and stick it somewhere far away from your old install directory on another drive if possible.

4- Run the patcher and pray it works.

5- If you get the .old file error search the file directory for *.old and delete all the files that show up and rerun the installer.

The only step i left out of this is the fact that i hunted down all my registry keys for hex and deleted those as well. Thats a bit too in depth to expect an average user to do though.

BlueAvocado
06-18-2015, 10:16 AM
can you post back when to re patch?

Of course! We are doing a quick test now and will let you know when we have the green light.

wolzarg
06-18-2015, 10:25 AM
F5 is the one between F4 and F6 right? I can't tell because the number is worn of for some strange reason. :p

ossuary
06-18-2015, 10:27 AM
F5 is the one between F4 and F6 right? I can't tell because the number is worn of for some strange reason. :p

I think the company that built my laptop knew about this common issue, because the F5 key on my keyboard is engraved in addition to having the characters printed on it. :p

Zophie
06-18-2015, 10:28 AM

http://i.imgur.com/9Y3ystE.jpg

BlueAvocado
06-18-2015, 10:30 AM
You can now repatch and connect to the Test Server. The patcher may restart a few times during this patching process.

Go forth!

ossuary
06-18-2015, 10:31 AM
Before you said that I was all

http://kemptechnologies.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/broken-f5-button.jpg

seashell
06-18-2015, 10:31 AM
omfg!!! guess what I just did!

incitfulmonk21
06-18-2015, 10:34 AM
Already in may have started patching early ;)

Also have to start all over again so thats kinda cool or bad?

israel.kendall
06-18-2015, 10:35 AM
You can now repatch and connect to the Test Server. The patcher may restart a few times during this patching process.

Go forth!

Weird, am I not supposed to have any stuff? Upon login it asked me to create an account name, and it's brand new with only starter deck.

WolfCrypt
Aw Blue fixed it now my server's broke...

Mahes
Recreate account name?????

israel.kendall
Already in may have started patching early ;)

Also have to start all over again so thats kinda cool or bad?

Ok, I was thinking it was just me, but I also started all over. So I guess thats supposed to happen maybe.

BlueAvocado
Weird, am I not supposed to have any stuff? Upon login it asked me to create an account name, and it's brand new with only starter deck.

You should have a lot of gold and platinum to buy stuff.

Mahes
06-18-2015, 10:39 AM
Sigh...cannot open chests. Want to open Chests.....must open chests. /em pounds fists on the ground.

Love the graphics enhancements.

incitfulmonk21
06-18-2015, 10:41 AM
Sweet quick has a different color now. Will make quick troops easier to spot!

israel.kendall
06-18-2015, 10:47 AM
We get stardust from chest spins now and it makes me quite happy =)

seashell
06-18-2015, 10:48 AM
It would be a lot less annoying if I had all the cards instead of having to buy them.

BlueAvocado
06-18-2015, 10:52 AM
It would be a lot less annoying if I had all the cards instead of having to buy them.

This is always a debate internally and is something we can change during the life of the Test Server. My belief is that, at least in the beginning, the best way to test is to have everyone experience the game as close to the live experience as possible. Doing that we get full end to end testing and might find problems that we overlook.

Thrawn
06-18-2015, 10:54 AM
Sigh...cannot open chests. Want to open Chests.....must open chests. /em pounds fists on the ground.

Nooo, I was remoting into my home PC just to open a few chests and see what they have. :(

ossuary
06-18-2015, 10:55 AM
You guys should read the patch notes in the test server forums, we've known since early yesterday we wouldn't be getting chests for the test. :)

Thrawn
06-18-2015, 11:00 AM
You guys should read the patch notes in the test server forums, we've known since early yesterday we wouldn't be getting chests for the test. :)

Ain't nobody got time for that.

We get stardust from chest spins now and it makes me quite happy =)

On just Set 3 chests or all chests?

Flairina
06-18-2015, 11:31 AM
Dang, this is taking forever and a day to load. Did everyone else experience a waiting time over ten minutes upon logging in?

KingGabriel
06-18-2015, 11:33 AM
On just Set 3 chests or all chests?

All chests. I am not a happy bunny about it having span over 1K+ commons.

Plaga
06-18-2015, 11:33 AM
Am I the only one who can't accept the terms of use? I click accept and then they pop again, and again...

WolfCrypt
06-18-2015, 11:38 AM
Am I the only one who can't accept the terms of use? I click accept and then they pop again, and again...

Me... After they patched it delaying the time it now won't let me get past this

Zophie
06-18-2015, 11:40 AM
All chests. I am not a happy bunny about it having span over 1K+ commons.

Wow, yeah that's kinda sad, I haven't spun that many but I definitely have a lot of them spun already.

Plaga
06-18-2015, 12:16 PM
I fixed it, not sure how. Try executing hex.exe instead of the patcher, if that doesn't work, rename or move the live hex folder and try again. I also deleted manually the old hex test folder, which was still present even after uninstalling it from the control panel.

WolfCrypt
06-18-2015, 12:26 PM
Well I got hex test server last night and it opened fine then I put it out on desktop that wouldn't work now and didn't know how to put it back in so I delated the zipped folder and got it again and it worked fine then the delay patch and now patcher won't even load up server. Clicking play just moot point doesn't do anything.

Xavon
06-18-2015, 05:24 PM
I assume I'm not the only one who fires up the new patcher and has it sit and do nothing. I've deleted it and redownloaded twice, each time into a different folder. Any suggestions or solutions?

Selanius
06-18-2015, 05:32 PM
Also unable to do anything with it, very frustrating.

LeMazing
06-18-2015, 07:14 PM
Not much of a consolation, but at least it's a small group of us that's having these problems and not just one or two people? :P

Hopefully there's a complete solution posted somewhere so we can all get in, but at least it's not an issue with the actual Hex client (for now).

Phenteo
06-18-2015, 07:35 PM
I assume I'm not the only one who fires up the new patcher and has it sit and do nothing. I've deleted it and redownloaded twice, each time into a different folder. Any suggestions or solutions?

Can you try a different computer?

Are you ensuring you're running it with admin privileges?

What OS are you using?

Xavon
06-18-2015, 07:39 PM
Can you try a different computer?

Are you ensuring you're running it with admin privileges?

What OS are you using?

1) I can try it on my Surface.

2) Yes, on both the second and third downloads I have tried both normally and selecting run as admin.

3) Windows 7, SP1

Phenteo
06-18-2015, 07:40 PM
1) I can try it on my Surface.

2) Yes, on both the second and third downloads I have tried both normally and selecting run as admin.

3) Windows 7, SP1

Did you have the previous test server downloaded on your machine?

Thrawn
06-18-2015, 07:56 PM
Has anyone played much Arena yet on test to notice any changes?

Xavon
06-18-2015, 08:02 PM
Did you have the previous test server downloaded on your machine?

I thought I had uninstalled it, but now that you ask I am not sure.

It is working on my Surface.

EDIT: I had something in installed programs called 'Hex Test'; plus two other called just 'Hex'. I uninstalled Hex Test, but was not sure which (if either) of the other two I should remove. WIll try it again now.

katkillad
06-18-2015, 08:02 PM
Has anyone played much Arena yet on test to notice any changes?

If your opponent needs to discard a card it hangs and you have to forfeit. So it's really hard to test because you usually get stuck on Eternal Guardian.

I only got past Eternal Guardian once because of this, when I did the AI felt worse. For instance, the 10 charge wipe your board robot champ had 18 charges against me and I had 4 troops on the board and they never used their ability. Also seeing a lot more bad trades.

Xenavire
06-18-2015, 08:05 PM
My guess is that the AI is being updated to account for new cards, and may not be in a complete state. There does seem to be a difference between Arena and PG AI at times, maybe because of all the moving parts in arena.

Selanius
06-18-2015, 08:19 PM
Following the Reddit thread I was able to log into the test server. Yay Reddit.

IronPheasant
06-18-2015, 08:37 PM
Kinda sad Time's Offering got cut; that was my favorite spoiled card.

The cycle of major socket uncommons that took its place is nice... but... flicker...

Xavon
06-18-2015, 08:40 PM
Uninstalled every Hex on my system, reinstalled the regular version.

Still getting the same thing on the test version.

Do I really have to start moving files around on my computer to get this to install?

Xavon
06-18-2015, 08:55 PM
Okay, deleted all the new files and this time it installed. But now I'm getting the infinite TOS loop... Off to research that...

Svenn
06-18-2015, 09:45 PM
Still can't get the test server to work on my desktop (works fine on my Surface Pro). Everything I've tried is here: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=43640&p=497417&viewfull=1#post497417

Currently I just can't get past the ToS.

WolfCrypt
06-18-2015, 10:51 PM
It worked fine till the delay update maybe I should try getting rid of everything? And that Reddit solution sounds too complex.

aatttt
06-19-2015, 04:32 AM
so the card Army of Myths costs 3X now and not 3XX anymore?
is this intentionel or a bug?

seems kind of crazy to me...

vickrpg
06-19-2015, 04:35 AM
I've tried every solution posted on every thread and I still can't get the dang thing to patch properly.

Have fun on Test, at this point even the saturday tournament is out of my reach.

ForgedSol
06-19-2015, 05:53 AM
Yeah, I lost my window to try the test server. Have fun everyone else! Looking forward to everyone's posts.

Superjuice
06-19-2015, 06:36 AM
ToS loop of death after countless attempts at reinstalling ;(

Ravenclaw
06-19-2015, 06:46 AM
Yep, same problem here, got stuck at the ToS every time...

Mahes
06-19-2015, 06:52 AM
I am stuck on patching. I patch most of the files and then it gets stuck and just stops patching. I really wish they would resolve the two known issues of the patcher and the TOS loop.

Mahes
06-19-2015, 07:37 AM
Ok,

Anybody having patching issues with the test server can try this. Unzip and run the files on a different drive destination. It can be a USB or a partitioned drive. Then just run from that source. It solved all the problems I had. This also bypasses the need to erase anything as the computer would read from the drive the test hex is saved on

vickrpg
06-19-2015, 07:48 AM
Ok,

Anybody having patching issues with the test server can try this. Unzip and run the files on a different drive destination. It can be a USB or a partitioned drive. Then just run from that source. It solved all the problems I had. This also bypasses the need to erase anything as the computer would read from the drive the test hex is saved on

Done multiple times on multiple drives and multiple partitions. Even created a new partition specifically for this, it just made it worse. There's already another thread on it.

I am stuck on patching. I patch most of the files and then it gets stuck and just stops patching. I really wish they would resolve the two known issues of the patcher and the TOS loop.
The issue with these "Known issues" is that they are not happening to everyone, and not happening in the same way. It is entirely possible (if not likely) that the engineers have been unable to replicate them, thus making it very difficult to find out what is causing it.

StiX
06-19-2015, 10:33 AM
for me the test client patches fine, just when I boot it all I get is a black screen... my normal game works fine though... and I've removed every trace of the older test client ages ago.

RanaDunes
06-19-2015, 11:21 AM
I love the new patcher window. It looks beautiful. :)