PDA

View Full Version : Set 3 Tournament Questions

Virus
06-17-2015, 11:34 PM
The tournament is on saturday and there seems to be a lot of bugs with the new cards; which leads to my question. Will the bugs be fixed by then and/or will the affected cards be removed from the card pool?

hex_colin
06-17-2015, 11:41 PM
The tournament is on saturday and there seems to be a lot of bugs with the new cards; which leads to my question. Will the bugs be fixed by them and/or will the affected cards be removed from the card pool?

Probably no and no. They want lots of folks playing to test the tournament systems and find other bugs they don't yet know about. You're not going to get a perfect experience. Bugged cards might impact your results and reduce the prizes you win. That's the risk you take on the test server. No one has to play...

Virus
06-17-2015, 11:43 PM
That sounds fair, I was just curious as some of the cards may do nothing at all. REMINDER! Look at the bug list before you make your sealed deck.

SacrificialToast
06-17-2015, 11:45 PM
I misread it first too, but the announcement says that the stress tournament will use cards from Shards of Fate and Shattered Destiny. Armies of Myth will be sitting out, it seems.

Virus
06-17-2015, 11:46 PM
I misread it first too, but the announcement says that the stress tournament will use cards from Shards of Fate and Shattered Destiny. Armies of Myth will be sitting out, it seems.

I need to learn to read >.<

Cernz
06-18-2015, 01:59 AM
tournament will be set1+set2 packs yes.

WolfCrypt
06-18-2015, 05:36 AM
Thiss is probably to have as little bugs as possible so people can compete for live prizes with little worry.

Timlagor
06-18-2015, 06:16 AM
I found the tournament format pretty incomprehensible.

Is it sealed opening 6 set1&set2 packs? 2 each of set 1 2 3? Is it open some set3 packs and also have access to a bunch of set1&2 cards? Have I completely misunderstood?

hex_colin
06-18-2015, 06:17 AM
I found the tournament format pretty incomprehensible.

Is it sealed opening 6 set1&set2 packs? 2 each of set 1 2 3? Is it open some set3 packs and also have access to a bunch of set1&2 cards? Have I completely misunderstood?

It's Set 1 and Set 2 Sealed. That's clear from the notes. No reason to expect that it wouldn't be anything other than standard Sealed, i.e. 4 Set 2 packs and 2 Set 1 packs.

Timlagor
06-18-2015, 06:21 AM
Thanks.
I suppose I'm mostly confused because I thought the whole point was to test set 3.

Xenavire
06-18-2015, 06:26 AM
Thanks.
I suppose I'm mostly confused because I thought the whole point was to test set 3.

There are two phases - round 1 is basic testing (see if the cards work, etc.) Round 2 is only about the tournament.

hex_colin
06-18-2015, 06:38 AM
Thanks.

And that's what today (and into tomorrow is for). However, when you're testing a huge amount of new tournament tech, probably best to only worry about the tournament stuff and not about issues with new cards.

RCDv57
06-18-2015, 06:47 AM
I'm gonna be out of town, and traveling so I don't have to worry about this.
But its probably a good thing the the tourney is set2, that way people are familiar with the set, and the lack of the new card buggy blues.