PDA

View Full Version : A couple newbie questions

iofhua
06-18-2015, 10:32 AM
I just learned about HEX and I can't wait to try it out when it's completed and officially launched. I'm particularly excited that it will have an auction house, because that's one reason I stopped playing Infinity Wars (It makes you rely on decks and boosters for your cards). I have a couple questions though:

1. Is there a way to back via paypal? I'm sad I missed the kickstarter and would love to get in one some of the backer rewards.

2. Can non-backers get the alternative artworks for certain cards, or are the alternative artworks a backer only reward?

Thanks for your time.

Svenn
06-18-2015, 10:33 AM
The kickstarter and slacker backer stuff is long expired. You can get the stuff by buying it from another plaguey on the auction hall.

Welcome!

vickrpg
06-18-2015, 10:36 AM
I just learned about HEX and I can't wait to try it out when it's completed and officially launched. I'm particularly excited that it will have an auction house, because that's one reason I stopped playing Infinity Wars (It makes you rely on decks and boosters for your cards). I have a couple questions though:

1. Is there a way to back via paypal? I'm sad I missed the kickstarter and would love to get in one some of the backer rewards.

2. Can non-backers get the alternative artworks for certain cards, or are the alternative artworks a backer only reward?

Thanks for your time.
Svenn's correct on all counts, but it's also important to note that the game is in open beta, so you can already download it (it has a few bugs) and has had an auction house for a long time now. the kickstarter (which ended almost 2 years ago) DID have an option for paypal, but there are no plans to bring any rewards back.

iofhua
06-18-2015, 10:46 AM
Well that sucks. I will wait for the official launch - I don't like playing betas. I had hoped to back at the collector tier to get the all the cards with alternative art. So are cards with alternative art for backers only, or can you get lucky and find one in a booster?

iofhua
06-18-2015, 10:56 AM
Also does HEX have puzzles? Where you have a board set up already where each player has certain cards in play and in their hand already, and you have to figure out exactly the right combination of cards to play and abilities to use in order to win. Infinity Wars had a few of these, but they used them as tutorials and they never added any more. A couple took me a while, but I was able to beat each one without any help.

israel.kendall
06-18-2015, 10:57 AM
Well that sucks. I will wait for the official launch - I don't like playing betas. I had hoped to back at the collector tier to get the all the cards with alternative art. So are cards with alternative art for backers only, or can you get lucky and find one in a booster?

Even if you don't want to play the beta its a good idea to go ahead and make an account. There will be no wipes and you can log in during certain times for rewards like sleeves that can never be gotten again. This will at least get you some exclusive things that will not be available in the future.

iofhua
06-18-2015, 11:01 AM
Alright cool if there are beta rewards I will sign up. Thanks for letting me know.

Svenn
06-18-2015, 11:06 AM
While it is in beta, everything is permanent. There are no wipes or anything. It is in beta because all the features are not ready and there are some bugs.

Zophie
06-18-2015, 11:07 AM
So are cards with alternative art for backers only, or can you get lucky and find one in a booster?

There were some AAs provided to backers, but AAs are an on-going reward for various events and given out in other places as well. Look for special tournaments or holiday events that might award these, also if you earn gold in the Arena you can buy a selection of AAs for gold in the Hex Store, or win a few of them as rewards from spinning chests, or you can buy any AAs that people might be selling on the AH (including ones from the Kickstarter rewards, though those might be hard to find and pricey).

iofhua
06-18-2015, 01:08 PM
Every time I try to register it says "Unable to create account."

Yoss
06-18-2015, 04:18 PM
All items (except sleeves) can be bought on the Auction House, including AA cards. They can be expensive, though.