PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Shard Card Borders

TheSwallowsNest
06-18-2015, 10:30 PM
I find the current multi-shard card borders rather ugly mainly because they all use the same border and they do not match the actual colors of the card.

The multi-shard cards use the same red/white/blue border of the triumvirate from set 1. In that case the colors actually matched.

Now I understand it might be expensive to commission a completely unique border art for each color combo.

However I believe that this would be unnecessary.

While wild/blood/artifact each use different texture for the border, diamond/sapphire/ruby cards all use the same texture that has been color-shifted to match the color of the card.

I think it should be possible to have a single underlying texture for the multicolor cards where the color of the textures are shifted to match the thresholds of the cards.

This should require minimal effort and would make the multicolor cards much more visually appealing.

This is not really a complaint, I realize the devs have bigger fish to fry, but rather a low-priority suggestion.

Yoss
06-18-2015, 10:34 PM
Seems fun (and useful!) to have the borders match the colors, I agree.

Zophie
06-18-2015, 10:58 PM
Yeah, even though I kind of like the current multi shard border they made, I was also thinking it would probably be more useful to have the borders colored with multiple hues matching the colors of the thresholds on the cards. Perhaps split the colors diagonally for 2 colors (with blending at the seams), or split as a Y for 3 colors, four corners for 4, star split for 5...

nicosharp
06-18-2015, 11:01 PM
sort and filter could be better for these cards as well.. not too fond of current sort in regards to these cards.

Yoss
06-18-2015, 11:08 PM
Yeah, even though I kind of like the current multi shard border they made, I was also thinking it would probably be more useful to have the borders colored with multiple hues matching the colors of the thresholds on the cards. Perhaps split the colors diagonally for 2 colors (with blending at the seams), or split as a Y for 3 colors, four corners for 4, star split for 5...

For utility, I think you'd want all the colors shown along the top edge at least, since that's the part you see most while in hand. That and left edge.

poizonous
06-18-2015, 11:14 PM
Im gonna fall in line and agree, while i like the concept, drafting is actually an eye sore with them all looking the same and having to look at thresholds (Which in my opinion kind of blend into the card border)

Zophie
06-18-2015, 11:15 PM
For utility, I think you'd want all the colors shown along the top edge at least, since that's the part you see most while in hand. That and left edge.

Ah yes, good point, i think the biggest challenge will be making that work while also making sure the design looks attractive.

selpai
06-19-2015, 06:07 AM
Seems fun (and useful!) to have the borders match the colors, I agree.

Yup. Save the rainbow border for cards that require all thresholds.