PDA

View Full Version : Friday update

Saeijou
06-19-2015, 02:01 PM
https://www.hextcg.com/hex-update-the-convocation/

Sweet!!! Need those packs :D

Drake6k
06-19-2015, 02:03 PM
I need a poster, a t-shirt, and all the sleeves. Damn it!

Tazelbain
06-19-2015, 02:13 PM
That full storm cloud deck is going to crazy expensive.

Shinjica
06-19-2015, 02:35 PM
a week to earn all that PVE cards is not a little timeframe? I mean, is not even sure you can get it. Need to be the winner of the tournament is really hard

Yoss
06-19-2015, 02:41 PM
Sounds like online looting will be significantly harder than in person. :(

nicosharp
06-19-2015, 02:41 PM
a week to earn all that PVE cards is not a little timeframe? I mean, is not even sure you can get it. Need to be the winner of the tournament is really hard
Grind the arena then. It's free, you earn gold, and it's low hanging fruit.

Sounds like fun, and I'm glad we get an opportunity... Now how do I find the free time needed to work for it?

Zophie
06-19-2015, 02:44 PM
I want one of those playmats so bad it hurts, sucks I can't go to gencon. Really hope they sell these online some time

Shinjica
06-19-2015, 02:45 PM
Grind the arena then. It's free, you earn gold, and it's low hanging fruit.

Sounds like fun, and I'm glad we get an opportunity... Now how do I find the free time needed to work for it?

Is not about gold/plat but the timeframe. For me one week too small.

Superjuice
06-19-2015, 02:47 PM
What will come of the additional 150 posters that aren't being sold?

Xexist
06-19-2015, 02:48 PM
Not getting those sleeves might literally kill me. Yes. Literally.

nicosharp
Is not about gold/plat but the timeframe. For me one week too small.

For most people it is. But it is sure going to beat buying these on the AH after the prior 2 gencon's... Someone will have the time to farm it hard, so the overall prices to acquire should be a lot lower. They may even bring back all 3 years worth of goodies for GenCon 2016.

israel.kendall
I wonder how rare the drops will be in arena, because if someone can get a gencon 2013/14 pack in arena every 3 or 4 hours then it might be best to go that direction, even though I do not enjoy arena so much.

Xexist
06-19-2015, 02:49 PM
I want one of those playmats so bad it hurts, sucks I can't go to gencon. Really hope they sell these online some time

I know.. me too :( I want poster. and sleeves. This hurts my heart.

israel.kendall
06-19-2015, 02:49 PM
For most people it is. But it is sure going to beat buying these on the AH after the prior 2 gencon's... Someone will have the time to farm it hard, so the overall prices to acquire should be a lot lower. They may even bring back all 3 years worth of goodies for GenCon 2016.

No, if you read it they specifically said they will never bring these gencon back again after this.

Superjuice
06-19-2015, 02:50 PM
I wonder how rare the drops will be in arena, because if someone can get a gencon 2013/14 pack in arena every 3 or 4 hours then it might be best to go that direction, even though I do not enjoy arena so much.

I'd expect that the 2013/14 pack will be only slightly less elusive than uruunaz, probably not the case for the 2015's.

Xenavire
06-19-2015, 02:51 PM
Sounds like online looting will be significantly harder than in person. :(

More expensive if you do tournaments (participation gives this years one for 700 plat if you draft, which I am going to use as the average). I can't say I agree with them putting both the previous years behind such a hefty artificial barrier though - having to win means only 1/8 entry fee's will walk away with a single item. If the RNG is punishing enough, we are looking at roughly Filk Ape numbers on certain items.

I wonder how rare they will be as drops? If you can do a full run without seeing any I will be pretty upset with that implementation, since the time investment can rival a draft at times.

What this does mean is we have a full week to try and get what we want, so people should stock up on plat for those low prices (chances are they will go up and stay up when the event ends.)

israel.kendall
06-19-2015, 02:51 PM
I'd expect that the 2013/14 pack will be only slightly less elusive as uruunaz, probably not nearly the case for the 2015.

So more rare than non-existent lol

Fyren
06-19-2015, 02:52 PM
...Ozawa AAs. ... WANT.

Didn't at all before, but now...

Yeesh, my drafting that week is going to make the Concubunny event look unfocused.

Superjuice
06-19-2015, 02:53 PM
So more rare than non-existent lol

I like my odds of winning drafts much more than getting those packs through the arena (my sanity also stands to benefit).

:D

israel.kendall
06-19-2015, 02:54 PM
I like my odds of winning drafts much more than getting those packs through the arena (my sanity also stands to benefit).

:D

Well, now that you throw sanity into the equation, I too will most likely either draft or play PG during this week lol

Raykefire
06-19-2015, 02:55 PM
Hmm so it will be difficult to get the old Gen Con stuff since I am going to be AT Gen Con this year. Well hopefully the prices will be down.

nicosharp
06-19-2015, 02:57 PM
No, if you read it they specifically said they will never bring these gencon back again after this.
Ouch...whelp, maybe I'll be taking a day off in August :)

Tazelbain
06-19-2015, 02:57 PM
Hmm so it will be difficult to get the old Gen Con stuff since I am going to be AT Gen Con this year. Well hopefully the prices will be down.Time travel is a huge risk with no guarantees.

israel.kendall
06-19-2015, 02:59 PM
Ouch...whelp, maybe I'll be taking a day off in August :)

The 2013/2014 stuff is going to turn out to be pretty rare, barring anything outrageous happening with the arena loot drops.

Shaqattaq
06-19-2015, 03:07 PM
Correct, you will not find these items in the 2016 pack. As I mentioned in the news thread, you won't see these items drop in-game again, nor will we reprint the physical packs. You could find someone selling a pack or scratch off card in the future, or maybe the scratch-off is some one-of giveaway on the community-organized Child's Play charity stream years down the road for example, but we're not going to go back and reprint these items.

Xenavire
06-19-2015, 03:13 PM
I am mildly upset the DC gets a double chance at these. Feels a bit odd considering there are a lot of us that missed out and we only get a week to make up for it, and the DC perk is a PvE perk (and some of these are PvP cards.) Not going to get in a hissy, but it feels a little off from the normal fair treatment people get given.

I really think that the 2013/14 items shouldn't be so restricted, couldn't they drop at 1st and 2nd instead? Even with a smaller loot list, you have to perform well just to get a single roll at this loot.

Yoss
06-19-2015, 03:13 PM
I'd really like to know what "small chance" and "smaller chance" mean here. If it takes X hours for someone to earn everything in person, I sure hope it doesn't take 10*X hours online. Just for 2015, it looks like it's at least 3:1 in favor of live, which is already too much IMO. And the 2013/2014 stuff is even harder for no reason that I can tell. Physical attendance at 2013 and 2014 did not seem to make it very hard to get the items (except AA Ozawa); IIRC it was just win a few games on the 1v1 LAN.

nicosharp
06-19-2015, 03:19 PM
I am mildly upset the DC gets a double chance at these. Feels a bit odd considering there are a lot of us that missed out and we only get a week to make up for it, and the DC perk is a PvE perk (and some of these are PvP cards.) Not going to get in a hissy, but it feels a little off from the normal fair treatment people get given.

I really think that the 2013/14 items shouldn't be so restricted, couldn't they drop at 1st and 2nd instead? Even with a smaller loot list, you have to perform well just to get a single roll at this loot.
We don't know the %'s - We don't know the DC limitations.. And STAPH IT - go play a tournament! Arena farming does not seem like the lucrative option in any way... I mean, look how mind numbingly hard it is to get Uruu.... And now we got a 7 day timer to perform farming miracles during.... Nothing to me screams unfair DC.

Xexist
06-19-2015, 03:21 PM
salty.gif

Xenavire
06-19-2015, 03:21 PM
We don't know the %'s - We don't know the DC limitations.. And STAPH IT - go play a tournament! Arena farming does not seem like the lucrative option in any way... I mean, look how mind numbingly hard it is to get Uruu.... And now we got a 7 day timer to perform farming miracles during.... Nothing to me screams unfair DC.

I have friends who are interested in specific items from arena, and while I will likely do as many tournaments as my resources allow, that doesn't make the DC buff applying here fair. Getting double the rolls is an advantage no matter how we look at it.

Again, not going to throw a fit about it, I just see it as a bit odd.

israel.kendall
06-19-2015, 03:30 PM
... I mean, look how mind numbingly hard it is to get Uruu....

lol you act like everyone has forgotten how many times you have run into uruunaz...how many was that again? lolz

WolfCrypt
06-19-2015, 03:36 PM
I'll try and get the gencon boosters.

Gwaer
06-19-2015, 04:00 PM
for those of you wondering about difficulty to obtain items between years. it was actually significantly more difficult to get the 2013 items, it was based on a ticketing system, and there were very long lines, it was an all weekend affair, 2014 was a bit better. but the difficulty to get the 2013 items even in person I feel warrants the added rarity of these packs in game.

nicosharp
06-19-2015, 04:04 PM
lol you act like everyone has forgotten how many times you have run into uruunaz...how many was that again? lolz
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/bb/2c/0a/bb2c0a1a1ffd1095a6700d88f25e58ba.jpg
Only once that counted IMO.

Xenavire
06-19-2015, 04:05 PM
for those of you wondering about difficulty to obtain items between years. it was actually significantly more difficult to get the 2013 items, it was based on a ticketing system, and there were very long lines, it was an all weekend affair, 2014 was a bit better. but the difficulty to get the 2013 items even in person I feel warrants the added rarity of these packs in game.

I can understand about 2013 items, but they are being lumped in with 2014 items, which feels less than ideal. Not complaining, but I do think they could make the whole deal a little easier on those since we have so much to collect in a single week (I mean, for me, I have the time to play, but others will be struggling to scrape together even a few hours.)

ghulzen
06-19-2015, 04:19 PM
Seems silly to me to make such great looking cards (cloud family) and unique mercenaries and make them difficult to obtain. I don't have a problem with sleeves or AA's being very rare because they add no functionality to the game, but the other stuff bothers me a bit.

Xexist
06-19-2015, 04:20 PM
I can understand about 2013 items, but they are being lumped in with 2014 items, which feels less than ideal. Not complaining, but I do think they could make the whole deal a little easier on those since we have so much to collect in a single week (I mean, for me, I have the time to play, but others will be struggling to scrape together even a few hours.)

I knew I would regret having a wife and family one day. They are like vampires of my free time!

nicosharp
06-19-2015, 04:21 PM
I knew I would regret having a wife and family one day. They are like vampires of my free time!
Yeah, it seems you either acquire a family of clouds, or have a real one.
I think that pretty much sums up this event.

israel.kendall
06-19-2015, 04:24 PM
Or just buy one lol

Xenavire
06-19-2015, 04:27 PM
Yeah, it seems you either acquire a family of clouds, or have a real one.
I think that pretty much sums up this event.

It's funny, we recently got 2 kittens, and I know exactly how they pale in comparison to children, yet they still manage to exhaust me! (Although that is partially due to me coming down ill the day they arrived, and I have still not fully recovered.) By the time we reach the event they will be more than independent enough, so I will have plenty of time for the event, but even the last week has reminded me how tough some people have it for these types of timed events.

ryuukan
06-19-2015, 04:35 PM
Dungeon Crawler applies to this?

Christmas every July now

will get a full Set 3 playset off this

sukebe
06-19-2015, 05:02 PM
Dungeon Crawler applies to this?

Christmas every July now

will get a full Set 3 playset off this

Is it confirmed that Dungeon Crawler works on this? If so I will be such a happy camper :-)

ryuukan
06-19-2015, 05:03 PM
Is it confirmed that Dungeon Crawler works on this? If so I will be such a happy camper :-)

yes, Shaq posted it in the article's thread

Xexist
06-19-2015, 05:06 PM
It's funny, we recently got 2 kittens, and I know exactly how they pale in comparison to children, yet they still manage to exhaust me! (Although that is partially due to me coming down ill the day they arrived, and I have still not fully recovered.) By the time we reach the event they will be more than independent enough, so I will have plenty of time for the event, but even the last week has reminded me how tough some people have it for these types of timed events.

Im sure DataDragon can tell who has families and who doesnt. Give those of us with less time better drop rates please!

Gwaer
06-19-2015, 05:08 PM
At least who cares about their family and who doesn't?

israel.kendall
06-19-2015, 05:09 PM
At least who cares about their family and who doesn't?

or who doesnt pay their kids to farm arena

Gwaer
06-19-2015, 05:12 PM
My father always told me he had me to bring him beers from the fridge, and drive him home from bars when he was drunk, now I can pass that legacy on by having children to farm the arena... I don't see any better way to honor his memory. Thank you.

Shaqattaq
06-19-2015, 05:15 PM
My father always told me he had me to bring him beers from the fridge, and drive him home from bars when he was drunk, now I can pass that legacy on by having children to farm the arena... I don't see any better way to honor his memory. Thank you.

Ergonomic keyboards, mice, and wristguards stocking stuffers for them this year?

israel.kendall
06-19-2015, 05:19 PM
Ergonomic keyboards, mice, and wristguards stocking stuffers for them this year?

well if tablet support is in by then I could know a way to er, increase production.....

Zophie
06-19-2015, 05:21 PM

I wish I could do that, but I don't trust my kids to farm efficiently enough, I'll just keep them on fridge duty instead.

Xexist
06-19-2015, 05:33 PM
well if tablet support is in by then I could know a way to er, increase production.....

I want tablet support so bad!

Shinjica
06-20-2015, 12:29 AM

Still, 3 years of price in one week seem a window too small

The_Lannisters
06-20-2015, 01:33 AM
I'm just grateful that we are getting a chance to get some of these items. If it were dead easy to get all of them we would probably not be drooling over the prospect that hard.

Voormas
06-20-2015, 04:00 AM
Finally I can complete my AA Ozawa playset at a reasonable price!

I will say though it seems strange to make the convention sleeve a random drop, I'm sure you guys have thought about it and I would be interested to hear how you came to that decision (I don't expect it to change, just interested in the process :))

AstaSyneri
06-20-2015, 06:35 AM
Considering that 13/14 boosters are already extremely rare (I hate the winner of 8 for the Filk Ape - making the final would have been much fairer, imho, getting 1 Filk Ape in 21 tries was extremely frustrating), they apparently have only one item of five - at different rarities. That means some of them will be ultra-rare.

This is not what I would have been expected. You should really have a reasonable chance to get these items if you put in a substantial amount of time over "Hex Hell Week".

Salverus
06-20-2015, 06:41 AM
i just realized i will be on holidays during this extra reward week, so be sure to leave some packs on the AH for me :cool:

Spiredore
06-20-2015, 07:12 AM
This is not what I would have been expected. You should really have a reasonable chance to get these items if you put in a substantial amount of time over "Hex Hell Week".

While it might not be what you were expecting, it does reflect the difficulty of getting these items at Gencon. Attendees had to enter events and win them to amass tickets, which they could then exchange for prizes. Convocation15 packs are easier to get digitally because they will also be easier to get on-site.

The Gencon items have always been the rarest promos in HEX and while there'll be more of them now, it's clear that the plan hasn;t been to shift them from 'Ultra-premium' to 'everyone has them'.

hex_colin
06-20-2015, 08:44 AM
While it might not be what you were expecting, it does reflect the difficulty of getting these items at Gencon. Attendees had to enter events and win them to amass tickets, which they could then exchange for prizes. Convocation15 packs are easier to get digitally because they will also be easier to get on-site.

The Gencon items have always been the rarest promos in HEX and while there'll be more of them now, it's clear that the plan hasn;t been to shift them from 'Ultra-premium' to 'everyone has them'.

Yeah, people don't realize (and/or remember) just how difficult it was to get anything at GenCon 2013. 4 FULL 12-14 hour days of my life to get 4 AA Ozawas, and a couple of each Merc. Not to mention the cost of flights, rooms, meals, etc.

Shinjica
06-20-2015, 08:48 AM
Yeah, people don't realize (and/or remember) just how difficult it was to get anything at GenCon 2013. 4 FULL 12-14 hour days of my life to get 4 AA Ozawas, and a couple of each Merc. Not to mention the cost of flights, rooms, meals, etc.

If we were speaking about sleeves or AA i'll ok with you but we are speaking about mercenary, PVE cards and equipment. I repeat i'm ok with the exclusivity of the event but i still think one week for 3 years of gencon is too little time

Yoss
06-20-2015, 09:12 AM
I don't mind the AA and sleeves being rare and very hard to get. Hopefully that's what's being done and the other stuff isn't too hard to get.

DocX
06-21-2015, 07:36 AM

Because "once rare, always rare"? I don't see any reason to link the rarity of an item that was previously difficult to obtain out of game with the future opportunity to get that item. It's not like folks who went to previous GenCons won't have an opportunity to get those items with the same chance as other online players.

wolzarg
06-21-2015, 08:17 AM
Because "once rare, always rare"? I don't see any reason to link the rarity of an item that was previously difficult to obtain out of game with the future opportunity to get that item. It's not like folks who went to previous GenCons won't have an opportunity to get those items with the same chance as other online players.
Makes perfect sense to me. If they gave out 50 of something during one live event. Then gave out 5000 of something during another the previous one has a reason to be keept more rare. As long as they don't go over board which they clearly haven't as these will be more common than AA filk ape i don't see a issue.

I personally only care about the value of the AA from the first pack and so should the few people who got them at the event. What worries me is if they make the packs rare, then the drop rates even. This will not only devalue the AA but also make a one time chance merc unavailable outside of the market which i dislike. So hopefully the AA is very rare and the mercs are fairly common as they really have a impact on the game.

Vorpal
06-21-2015, 12:27 PM
Did the update tell us when the AA cards stop being sold for gold in the store?

Vorsa
06-21-2015, 11:55 PM
Did the update tell us when the AA cards stop being sold for gold in the store?

All we know is that:
* They will be removed when stardust is put in the store instead, with set 3.
* We'll get at least 7 day notice before they go.

nickon
06-22-2015, 12:43 AM
I wish I had a grand king right now :) DC's will be doing some serious farming during that week!

I LOVE the storm cloud AA! Absolutely gorgeous!

PS: I hope they close the "snap concede, rinse repeat" loophole that people abused during the concubunny event

wolzarg
06-22-2015, 01:51 AM
I wish I had a grand king right now :) DC's will be doing some serious farming during that week!

I LOVE the storm cloud AA! Absolutely gorgeous!

PS: I hope they close the "snap concede, rinse repeat" loophole that people abused during the concubunny event
They already have with the simple statement, do it and you will eat ban hammer.

nickon
06-22-2015, 02:20 AM
They already have with the simple statement, do it and you will eat ban hammer.

I know, but I'd say that's not really closing the loophole. It's just pointing at it and saying, don't go there. To me it would seem better to just don't award anything (or don't provide a % chance to award something) if someone snap concedes you.

I mean how can CZE differentiate someone from conceding to a group of guild mates individually and someone trying legitemately to do proving round matches and getting 3 snap concedes in a row?

Don't get me wrong, I fully support their decision on coming down hard on this kind of misbehavior, but I see some better options in tackling this rather than simply putting out a statement (somewhere 'burried' in the forums) threatening with the ban hammer :)

PS: AA stormlings with that AA stormcloud would be so friggin awesome (*_* )

israel.kendall
06-22-2015, 09:20 AM
All we know is that:
* They will be removed when stardust is put in the store instead, with set 3.
* We'll get at least 7 day notice before they go.

We also know that EA is considered the replacement gold sink for the store AA's, and that there are currently no plans to replace the store AA with new store AA.