PDA

View Full Version : Any word on more PvE Rewards and/or dungeons from KS?

LordGorchnik
06-19-2015, 08:04 PM
So as a player who primarily backed Hex for its amazing PvE goals it presented to us in the campaign I am seeing a serious....lack for a better word of PvE elements being produced for this game. We have the frost Arena, and for that I am eternally grateful. Except after conquering it quite a few times with a multitude of different decks I am ready for another challenge. In the last 2 months of weekly updates I have not seen any word been given on further improvement/refinement to more dungeons and PvE based game elements including but not limited to:

PvE based KS rewards (Lotus Garden anyone?)
More dungeons (That underwater Kraken one looks mighty fun)
Champion/Avatar creation and leveling

I think the last time we had a mention of any of these was close to 4-5 months ago. Yet here we are now almost to the 3rd base set and the next GenCon. Can we get a word next week maybe on something on the PvE end? Please? I want to love this game but I haven't touched it in almost 2 months now due to the lack of news on the PvE side.

Sparrow
06-19-2015, 08:16 PM
Rumored that PVE will be in the patch after Set 3 is released. Hopefully we'll have it by the end of the year.

Mejis
06-19-2015, 08:23 PM
Yes I hope that once set 3 is out (which, based on fleeting test server time, is incredible) we'll be seeing lots of PvE news.

Did anyone test out the arena on the test server? Were there any new opponents?

WWKnight
06-19-2015, 09:07 PM
Every time I tried, id get up to Eternal Guardian and the game would pause on his discard step in turn 1. Couldnt get past it.

Vorsa
06-20-2015, 02:23 AM
Well the test server build includes some KS equipment (e.g. 2 items for Pack Raptor), so ideally they'll be distributed with/soon after the update.

Although that seems like a big exercise for so little gain (spoiler alert: Mirrorblade wasn't the only equipment to be down-balanced), so I'd understand if they wait for any KS PvE cards to become available.

AstaSyneri
06-20-2015, 04:04 AM
So as a player who primarily backed Hex for its amazing PvE goals it presented to us in the campaign I am seeing a serious....lack for a better word of PvE elements being produced for this game. We have the frost Arena, and for that I am eternally grateful. Except after conquering it quite a few times with a multitude of different decks I am ready for another challenge. In the last 2 months of weekly updates I have not seen any word been given on further improvement/refinement to more dungeons and PvE based game elements including but not limited to:

PvE based KS rewards (Lotus Garden anyone?)
More dungeons (That underwater Kraken one looks mighty fun)
Champion/Avatar creation and leveling

I think the last time we had a mention of any of these was close to 4-5 months ago. Yet here we are now almost to the 3rd base set and the next GenCon. Can we get a word next week maybe on something on the PvE end? Please? I want to love this game but I haven't touched it in almost 2 months now due to the lack of news on the PvE side.

My favorite gripe every time a new set is hyped. I'd love to see some PvE news interspersed with that. With E3, GenCon and other conventions coming up, I believe CZE is very much stressed out. And PvP does bring in the most of the money.

You - like me and several others in TUC - are probably a very small minority: players who are willing to spend money on the cards in order to play the PvE portion of the games. Most people (afaics) believe the customer base is divided into paying PvP players or non-paying F2P = PvE players.

We are the odd ones out ;-).

To summarize: I am desperately waiting for those dungeons (and raids especially), too. Or any significant news on them.

bootlace
06-20-2015, 04:49 AM
Even tough PvP was the focus this patch, the PvE team has been working on the PvE stuff in parallel. It's the next big thing coming up now, so I wouldn't get too impatient.

Showsni
06-20-2015, 06:23 AM
Yes I hope that once set 3 is out (which, based on fleeting test server time, is incredible) we'll be seeing lots of PvE news.

Did anyone test out the arena on the test server? Were there any new opponents?

Managed to get past Eternal Guardian a few times, but didn't see any new enemies or cards. Still, hardly conclusive, as with the bugs it was very hard to progress. (You have to let Eternal Guardian play first, and he has to have either a Shamed Gladiator or a Grim Skull Sorcerer on turn two (which means he randomly needs to get either the Diamond or Blood threshold, of course...))

Dracatis
06-20-2015, 04:23 PM
I've been looming in the background waiting for this. I know PvP is easier and gets a good chunk of money. But I won't pay anything beyond the too much I paid on kickstarter for PvE content I've been waiting 2 years for (Especially since my Spectral Lotus Garden isn't growing at all as promised and I'd love those PvE cards and Champs to use in Frost Arena... at least). As long as you manage the multiplayer in the PvE content somehow well this is a potential HUGE pull that will give you a lot of attention. HOWEVER if you slack off on it like Eradan iTCG did and put it in after the game started dying you'll find yourself in a same state, barely kept alive by a couple whales that don't want their work and effort to vanish. But with PvE there would be a TON more work and effort they put in, wouldn't there? And potientially a second set of PvE or mix whales wanting to keep you alive. Please get on this!

Xexist
06-20-2015, 05:19 PM
^ Dude I know Im fat, but thats just rude.

wolzarg
06-21-2015, 08:22 AM
But I won't pay anything beyond the too much I paid on kickstarter for PvE content I've been waiting 2 years for
While i want PVE just as much as the next guy as that was the only reason i picked this over magic i really don't see how anyone payed too much during kickstarter seeing as every single tier can sell its rewards and make money as far as i can tell.

incitfulmonk21
06-21-2015, 08:36 AM
Want PvE as well. Sadly we have to wait but that's okay it really is a great game, CZE is a great company and does Colin (That's right he is an adjative now) level of generous things for its player base, and while glacial slow I really think things will pick up soon. The last part is optimizime admittedly.

With all that said some news on PvE would be appreciated after set 3 especially if you have finalized something big like keeps, guilds, characters, or mercenaries.

Not sure why the gardens aren't in yet though.

regomar
06-21-2015, 09:16 AM
You - like me and several others in TUC - are probably a very small minority: players who are willing to spend money on the cards in order to play the PvE portion of the games. Most people (afaics) believe the customer base is divided into paying PvP players or non-paying F2P = PvE players.

We are the odd ones out ;-).

To summarize: I am desperately waiting for those dungeons (and raids especially), too. Or any significant news on them.

I sincerely doubt that. It seems to be a bizarre stereotype pushed by PvP proponents who enjoy bashing the PvE experience. A great many people, myself included backed this game almost entirely for the PvE experience. I have no interest in F2P and I'd happily pay for PvE content and the idea that PvE is only for F2P leeches is absurd considering the Kickstarter and how it was pushed.

Mahes
06-21-2015, 09:28 AM
I am willing to bet there are more people interested in the PvE aspect than the PvP. PvP is certainly very important to the system but when they get the "real" PvE experience going, the population of the game will jump substantially.

I honestly do not know why they cannot give out PvE updates along with PvP. If they are indeed worked on by separate groups, then why can not each group give a small update as too the progress? The only answer I can come up with is that they are still a long ways off from the dungeon/campaign mode.

LordGorchnik
06-21-2015, 06:43 PM
Good to hear. Hopefully we will hear more once set 3 is finished then. Going this long without any PvE updates started to grate on me a bit seeing the e-mails come every Friday and absolutely no mention of anything for the PvE community.

I sincerely doubt that. It seems to be a bizarre stereotype pushed by PvP proponents who enjoy bashing the PvE experience. A great many people, myself included backed this game almost entirely for the PvE experience. I have no interest in F2P and I'd happily pay for PvE content and the idea that PvE is only for F2P leeches is absurd considering the Kickstarter and how it was pushed.

He wasn't associating all PvE players with being F2P players however they are most likely correct in that most HEX F2P players will be here for the PvE aspects only and not PvP.

EntropyBall
06-21-2015, 06:56 PM
I honestly do not know why they cannot give out PvE updates along with PvP. If they are indeed worked on by separate groups, then why can not each group give a small update as too the progress? The only answer I can come up with is that they are still a long ways off from the dungeon/campaign mode.

This has always been my assumption (and fear) about PVE. The lack of updates on it is absurd. I don't care if you don't want to give anything resembling a release date, but the complete radio silence just makes it seem like they haven't figured out what they want to do yet. There are SO many unknowns about how the PVE is going to work, if they've figured it out it doesn't make sense to me that we'd have heard nothing since the KS.

Fateanomaly
06-21-2015, 07:59 PM
I too had backed for the PvE but my interest in Hex is no longer as it once was despite the good CZE has done. Mercs are simplified and KS showcased equipment are nerfed. Persistent champion progression is probably not a thing anymore. The difficulty in making the dungeons and associated components probably meant it had to be simplified too or we will only get new dungeons once every 1 or 2 years.

But since I already technically paid for the game so i will still stick around for a while more.

Svenn
06-21-2015, 08:11 PM
We already know how the PvE works. We don't know every little detail, but a lot of those are changing regularly most likely. If we got updates a lot of it would simply be "We fixed 50 bugs this week in the dungeons... "

hex_colin
06-21-2015, 08:14 PM
I too had backed for the PvE but my interest in Hex is no longer as it once was despite the good CZE has done. Mercs are simplified and KS showcased equipment are nerfed. Persistent champion progression is probably not a thing anymore. The difficulty in making the dungeons and associated components probably meant it had to be simplified too or we will only get new dungeons once every 1 or 2 years.

Way too much outdated information. If anything, PVE is going to be more complex than promised in the KS. I'm sure we'll start hearing lots about it after the Set 3 patch drops.

Svenn
06-21-2015, 08:15 PM
I think you are misunderstanding. No one is saying that PvE players don't ever spend money. However, PvE is the free to play side of the game. That's how it was advertised during the Kickstarter. That's still the plan. Most of the discussion in terms of this has been about free to play players (who must play PvE), not paying PvE people.

Also, who is bashing the PvE experience? I think most of us are excited for both sides of the game, not just one.

plaguedealer
06-21-2015, 08:40 PM

I agree 100% with this comment, a deep PVE experience is something completely lacking in tcg games. People will pay money for the experience and the kickstarter is evidence of that.

After set 3 there needs to be laser focus on getting the campaign/dungeon experience going. That is the current road map. Giving people info on how that process is going helps imo.

MasterN64
06-21-2015, 09:41 PM
The issue with giving out lots of information and promises is that sometimes its not possible to follow through with them 100%. If i were to promise you that tomorrow you would be shaking santas hand and he would be handing you a solid gold toilet and then later on i found i cant do that and you have to settle for a silver one you would be kinda mad right? Plans change and situations come up that require adjustments and fine tuning. To throw out news and guesses too early will burn and has burned Hex before. Its best to keep things close to the chest and not poke the hornets nest with too many teasers that are not totally finalized yet.

The end goal is there and it hasnt changed in the least. The road it takes and exactly what it looks like at the end isnt set in stone however. Hex hasnt done wrong by us yet and i doubt they will give us anything but their best. Trust in them even if its a little late or looks a little different.

Mr.Funsocks
06-21-2015, 10:15 PM
They have given out information - information that the patch after set 3 will be a PvE drop. But that's 3-4+ months off, so what features will be prepared and make the cut is nowhere near nailed down. They can't start giving out status updates that far off, they've finally learned that lesson.

Don't get me wrong, the development has been, to me, way too slow (they needed to get more programmers integrated into the team 2 years ago, don't think they had any idea of the scope of what they needed in terms of people who could put the great design ideas into code), and the news has been a scant trickle because of it. But they're also doing the right thing with the news: Development of massive systems is so difficult they really can't be announcing them when they'll still be iterated on another 60 times with major changes before they go live, and that timeline is still too loose.

The problem isn't a lack of news, it's a lack of progress. Not that there's no progress, I assume there's a huge batch of PvE features mostly ready, but the difference between a physical game's "mostly ready" and a digital game's "mostly ready" is pretty massive.

Mike411
06-22-2015, 04:21 AM
By the way, if anyone didn't see this interview with Cory, this is our latest PVE update as far as I know: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMoX6O9nopw

EntropyBall
06-22-2015, 08:26 AM
We already know how the PvE works. We don't know every little detail, but a lot of those are changing regularly most likely. If we got updates a lot of it would simply be "We fixed 50 bugs this week in the dungeons... "

I disagree with this, and I think the posts in this thread reflect the reality that "we" don't know. When was the last Friday update or official Hex post that outlined how a PVE system was going to work? The last I found was a Merc update (which was a great update) in July of 2014 (https://www.hextcg.com/mercenary-for-hire/), which I think directly contradicts what you read if you go to: https://www.hextcg.com/game/champion/. There is massive confusion about leveling, character progression, Mercs, crafting, double backs, etc. Even among people on this forum, who are the most dedicated of Hexers, there is tons of uncertainty. Literally 8 posts above this is someone who has 350 posts and yet apparently has misinformation. All we get are people guessing, and Colin occasionally saying "no, its not like that anymore". Most of the PVE info that exists on these forums was gleaned out of random interviews, and usually doesn't line up with what we heard in the KS.

Svenn
06-22-2015, 09:04 AM
I disagree with this, and I think the posts in this thread reflect the reality that "we" don't know. When was the last Friday update or official Hex post that outlined how a PVE system was going to work? The last I found was a Merc update (which was a great update) in July of 2014 (https://www.hextcg.com/mercenary-for-hire/), which I think directly contradicts what you read if you go to: https://www.hextcg.com/game/champion/. There is massive confusion about leveling, character progression, Mercs, crafting, double backs, etc. Even among people on this forum, who are the most dedicated of Hexers, there is tons of uncertainty. Literally 8 posts above this is someone who has 350 posts and yet apparently has misinformation. All we get are people guessing, and Colin occasionally saying "no, its not like that anymore". Most of the PVE info that exists on these forums was gleaned out of random interviews, and usually doesn't line up with what we heard in the KS.
You pick a dungeon. You start with the first encounter. As you beat encounters you move to the next point on the map. Sometimes paths diverge, and sometimes there are secret paths that open up if you fulfill certain objectives. Encounters are typically a card battle against the AI, but can also be other mini-games occasionally. You take a single deck in, but you can swap out for a special Mercenary deck (you build the merc decks before hand using the merc as your champion) for some encounters (though this is limited in how much).

Crafting you will be able to break down cards for materials. Then, you combine those materials to craft a new card/equipment/consumable.

Double backs haven't changed as far as I know, except for a different reward being in place of EAs. It will track stats and have achievements.

Leveling/character progression has changed a few times, but given that it has been a constant work in progress that's changing it wouldn't matter if they gave us information (they have, several times, ac tually) because it might just change again. That's part of an iterative development process.

I'm not sure what more people are expecting at this point. The fine details are being tuned.

plaguedealer
06-22-2015, 09:13 AM
I wouldnt mind seeing a screen shot of a dungeon and the talent system. I would like to get a idea of how consumables will work. I would like to know the point of crafting, is it possible to deconstruct equipment. Is the campaign different then a dungeon?

The problem I at least have is that we have some idea of how pve will work but we cant see anything. Obviously things will change, but there is alot of unanswered questions.

Saying I dont know what people are expecting when the game has been in development for awhile seems a little off.

Salverus
06-22-2015, 09:24 AM
i just hope set3 will come soon, and i will be waiting and refreshing every friday after that for the news :D

Vorpal
06-22-2015, 09:49 AM
I primarily backed this for the pve, but I really enjoy the drafts, and am a paid player.

I'm not too interested in the constructed side of things until there's a ladder or something.

MasterN64
06-22-2015, 10:08 AM
I wouldnt mind seeing a screen shot of a dungeon and the talent system. I would like to get a idea of how consumables will work. I would like to know the point of crafting, is it possible to deconstruct equipment. Is the campaign different then a dungeon?

The biggest problem with all of those questions is that while some of them might be set in stone a lot of them probably are not or will appear in a different form later. Showing off all that could very well lead into a foot in mouth situation where when they do release say Mercs everyone stops and goes "but this isnt what we saw 6 months ago you LIED TO US!"

hex_colin
06-22-2015, 10:15 AM

The problem I at least have is that we have some idea of how pve will work but we cant see anything. Obviously things will change, but there is alot of unanswered questions.

You don't want to see early screenshots. ;) If you'd seen how Arena looked 6 weeks before it went live there would have been mutiny on the forums. The final art assets/layouts/etc. aren't in place until very late in the process, and mostly after the tech has been worked out.

MasterN64
06-22-2015, 10:25 AM
Polish is always the last step after all. Nothing would be worse than getting a UI all set in stone and pretty only to find out that it doesnt work on a basic level and have to scrap hundreds of hours of work.

plaguedealer
06-22-2015, 10:38 AM
I understand that the pve system is probably not ready to show screenshots. How leveling works and a picture of the talent system with the understanding that it is subject to change would be cool.

A description of how the campaign system is going to work would be nice also. I understand that the info probably should wait until after set 3 hits. However, more pve info after set 3 is going to be needed.

nicetodd
06-22-2015, 10:44 AM
Colin, appreciate the positive attitude, but even the best attitude must eventually be backed by substance. We are 2 years in and now is a good time. Even if it is just words.

dogmod
06-22-2015, 10:47 AM
I think one of the issues we found with frost ring (other than the fact that it is the only PvE to play at this time which wears thin quickly) is that for a lot of us it is like playing a game with a cheat code or like we jumped into WoW and were automagically level 60. I don't think there is a way to get around this and still make the game enjoyable and easily able to progress for new players.

Hard modes and challenge modes and competitive PvE hopefully are in the works to retain the PvE end of the market who may find themselves in the position of having out progressed a lot of the content before it is even out.

Salverus
06-22-2015, 11:10 AM
there are two pictures here
https://www.hextcg.com/game/dungeons-raids/
and there was this video with artwork: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQDjsduEeVw
not sure how outdated they are now. But they look nice

Sparrow
06-22-2015, 11:12 AM
I kind of think we'll see AI improvements before we see more PVE content. What's there now basically ruined the Arena experience (though Arena would be played out by now anyways) and I can't see them wasting any more PVE material until that's upgraded.

Showsni
06-22-2015, 11:14 AM
I understand that the pve system is probably not ready to show screenshots. How leveling works and a picture of the talent system with the understanding that it is subject to change would be cool.

Well, they have given us that; here is before it changed:

http://hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/HEX_ASSET_01.jpg

"For your champion, we are taking the classic approach with HEX. You create a character, select the character’s race from one of 8 choices, select their class from one of 6 choices, select their gender, and finally give your champion a name. Do you enjoy getting straight into the action? An Orc Warrior is probably for you. Is dealing death from afar using elemental energies more your thing? Try a Shin’hare Mage. With so many combinations, you’ll find numerous playstyles that fit just right.
In addition to the cosmetic and immersive impact on your play experience, we also want your champion to strongly influence your strategy. Having said that, we don’t want to trivialize decisions you make during the deck-building experience, so we strive to strike that balance where your champion enhances everything you’re already doing and makes you feel like you’re the hero.
As your character gains experience and levels up, they will unlock talent tiers. At each tier you’ll have to make tough choices, since you can’t have everything. Your choice of talents allows you to customize your play experience to the type of deck you love building, but it also allows for a variety of strategies, even within the same class. We want to make sure you have all the flexibility you need to overcome the challenges you’ll face. Below you’ll see a preliminary draft of the Warrior’s talent tree. Keep in mind that these may change as we test more and move towards release."

http://hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/TalentTreeWarrior.jpg

And here's the most recently talked about version:

"The Class system and leveling in general is a bit different in HEX. (As compared to what? Well there really is nothing like HEX, so I guess it isn’t different, its exactly what a MMO-TCG should be!) HEX needs to accommodate the core TCG component of change; it wouldn’t be to fun to lock in choices and have that limit your deck building or overall experience.

With that in mind we have two systems. One leveling system is meta-based and affects your entire account. This system will supply perks to your account that you can pick and choose and use with each champion. Stuff like additional gold drops in dungeons, no limit to hand size, or an extra beginning game re-draw. (As a side note, this re-draw is commonly called a mulligan, but I think we should change the name of it after Matt Hyra, who invented the concept of a TCG mulligan many years ago, Matt also happens to be our lead board game designer. Maybe we call it a Hydration? Hmmm… need to think about that.)

The second leveling system is dungeon-by-dungeon. As your champion traverses a dungeon, we track their MIGHT. The deeper you go in the dungeon, the more MIGHT your champion generates. As you generate MIGHT, you spend it to add effects to your champion.

Here is an example of the Ranger MIGHT system. (Each encounter in a dungeon has the ability to add to the next MIGHT level and open up a new choice.)

http://hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/shinwarlockx900.jpg

Might Level 1

Charge Power

Train Pet: 2 Charges - Put your companion into play (1/1). If it is already in play, it permanently gains +1/+1.

Might Level 2

PICK ONE

Passive: Pounce: When an opposing troop damages you, there is a 25% chance your pet deals damage to that troop equal to its [ATK].

Passive: Fetch: When your pet deals damage to an opposing champion, reveal the top card of your deck. If it’s a resource, put it into your hand.

Might Level 3

Passive: Scouting: At the start of the game, reveal 3-7 random cards from your opponent’s hand.

Might Level 4

PICK ONE

Passive: Head Shot: When an opposing troop with 3 or less [DEF] enters play, there is a 25% chance you destroy it.

Passive: Suppression Fire: At the start of combat on your turn, there is a 50% chance a random opposing troop gets “This troop cannot block.” this turn.

Might Level 5

Passive: Stealthy Pet: When you train your pet, it also gains “This troop is unblockable.” this turn.

Might Level 6 CAPSTONE ABILITY

PICK ONE

Passive: Tactical Advantage: Your cards can be played at any time you could play a Quick Action.

Passive: Master Trainer: When you Train your Pet, it gains permanent Swiftstrike, Lifedrain, Steadfast, or an additional +1[ATK].

During development, we have had SO MANY versions of what it means to level up a champion in an MMO-TCG, and I think we have finally built a system that serves many masters, not the least of which is FUN."

"When clearing the dungeons of HEX, you’ll first choose a player character for your champion. Just like in PVP, your champion has a charge power. In PVE, you’ll unlock different talents and consumable items as you gain levels.

http://hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/ChampionProgression.jpg

The difficulty increases as you explore Entrath. You’ll pick up cards and equipment along the way to help you in your journey. The first time you enter any dungeon, you will have to choose between two different talent powers. As you victoriously progress through the dungeon, you will unlock additional talents. These talent choices will include a variety of gameplay altering effects such as start-of-game benefits like additional health, passive effects like increasing the maximum size of your hand, new charge powers, or even the chance to add unique class cards to your deck."

http://hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/HEX_ASSET_11.jpg

Svenn
06-22-2015, 11:18 AM
*snip*
This. We've got all kinds of info. But it keeps changing. In fact, the might system listed here was pretty much scrapped last I heard (and there were a lot of complaints at changing the system in the first place). This really does us no good until it's finalized. It just leads to a lot of complaints about things that aren't final yet.

Aradon
06-22-2015, 11:41 AM
I think if their systems aren't currently being finalized, they're possibly being too willing to iterate on the design. It's been a long time. At some point they need to nail down the foundation if they're going to deliver PvE to us.

plaguedealer
06-22-2015, 11:42 AM
How old is that info though? Is it over a year? If the campaign is coming after set 3, there has to be some info that can be provided after set 3 comes. As the above posts states, if campaign is coming this year some stuff should be nailed down by now.

Svenn
06-22-2015, 11:44 AM
I think if their systems aren't currently being finalized, they're possibly being too willing to iterate on the design. It's been a long time. At some point they need to nail down the foundation if they're going to deliver PvE to us.

Well, seeing as we're expecting the patch after Set 3 to be a big PvE one I'm betting they are finalizing a lot of stuff now or soon. I'd expect that we'll start to hear about all this a little bit after we get the next patch.

Aradon
06-22-2015, 11:48 AM
Sure. I meant to say that they should be able to share that kind of info with us again soon. "It's still being changed, so new info might not even be similar to the final build" shouldn't be an excuse at this point. I am expecting/hoping for PvE details in the near future, after Set 3 launch.

malloc31
06-22-2015, 11:50 AM
If they don't know "on paper" how PVP will work yet (and I don't mean if an ability will deal 2 points of damage or 3, but just generalisms) they can not be programming it yet. If they are not programming it yet I doubt it will be released even in the next 2 years, which would kill the game. So the fact that they don't tell us the basics (and yes if we don't officially know if it will be a might system or traditional leveling we do not know the basics) has me scared.

plaguedealer
06-22-2015, 11:58 AM
If they don't know "on paper" how PVP will work yet (and I don't mean if an ability will deal 2 points of damage or 3, but just generalisms) they can not be programming it yet. If they are not programming it yet I doubt it will be released even in the next 2 years, which would kill the game. So the fact that they don't tell us the basics (and yes if we don't officially know if it will be a might system or traditional leveling we do not know the basics) has me scared.

It is a leveling system pretty sure that is set in stone.

Eetabee
06-22-2015, 12:01 PM
The fact that HXE employees and numerous non-employee community members have had full run throughs of various dungeons means they are well on their way. We just have to be patient.

Edit: paper runs, not digital

Showsni
06-22-2015, 12:14 PM
We do know they don't want to deliver any dungeons to use until the whole character progression thing is set in stone and added to the game:

"Matt: Do you think once you guys are able to put out the first dungeon or two, do you think we’ll have the talent system along with that? I mean, I know you can’t say but…

Kevin: No, it’s pretty integral. We consider character leveling, class talents, and the equivalent to dungeon experience all pretty much connected together. For the same reason we wouldn’t want to put out, I mean a testing environment is one thing but, the truest test environment would be a dungeon that drops treasure which you can use to go back through the dungeon. Releasing dungeons without character class involvement, without equipment, without loot, for example, that’s not what we want to do. We want to make sure as much of the total experience and total package of RPG experience is included. I consider all of that stuff in the core. Some other things we want to do down the road may not be core to that experience. If we were to make cuts based on time or move things later, that kind of stuff would not be one of them. That’s what I mean by core.

Matt: Will that play a part in the MIGHT system?

Kevin: Yeah, MIGHT system, and that’s a temporary name and not sure what we’re going to name it still. Yeah, as you progress through a dungeon your character gets stronger and you make choices on how to improve them. So yeah, that’s all part of how the talent system is integrated."

And that's 6 classes, 8 races, and they need to have all the levelling decisions in place.

EntropyBall
06-22-2015, 02:11 PM
You pick a dungeon. You start with the first encounter. As you beat encounters you move to the next point on the map. Sometimes paths diverge, and sometimes there are secret paths that open up if you fulfill certain objectives. Encounters are typically a card battle against the AI, but can also be other mini-games occasionally. You take a single deck in, but you can swap out for a special Mercenary deck (you build the merc decks before hand using the merc as your champion) for some encounters (though this is limited in how much).

Crafting you will be able to break down cards for materials. Then, you combine those materials to craft a new card/equipment/consumable.

Double backs haven't changed as far as I know, except for a different reward being in place of EAs. It will track stats and have achievements.

Leveling/character progression has changed a few times, but given that it has been a constant work in progress that's changing it wouldn't matter if they gave us information (they have, several times, ac tually) because it might just change again. That's part of an iterative development process.

I'm not sure what more people are expecting at this point. The fine details are being tuned.

This. We've got all kinds of info. But it keeps changing. In fact, the might system listed here was pretty much scrapped last I heard (and there were a lot of complaints at changing the system in the first place). This really does us no good until it's finalized. It just leads to a lot of complaints about things that aren't final yet.

This is what I mean. The info we have is either outdated or was gleaned from some often unintelligible interview at a Con. People in this very thread are posting things like "the Might system works like this" followed by someone else posting "there is no Might system anymore", while a casual forum goer is probably asking themselves "since when does this game have a Might system?"

We don't know how talents work, how account-wide leveling works (or if it exists), how double-backs get leveled, what feature they unlock in lieu of EA, what it will mean to be a dwarf rogue vs a necrotic mage, if the Might system is still even a thing, any details about keep defense, etc.

I agree with the idea that there is no point in talking about these things if they are changing. My point is that they shouldn't still be changing. These are not coding problems (yes, they are influenced by what is possible in terms of the code), they are system design things that the KS presented as functionally complete from a design perspective. If they are still changing so much 2 years later that they can't even describe the present state to us, then PVE is still very far off.

Don't get me wrong. This is not a "give me PVE or I'm taking my ball and going home" post. I backed for PVE and found that I really enjoy playing Limited PVP. It's a "I think the people complaining about a lack of PVE info alongside the Set 3 hype have reasons to be upset and concerned" post.

Mr.Funsocks
06-22-2015, 02:54 PM
I'm assuming most of the systems are no longer changing. But until they're in the game, fully coded, and someone's played through a character from start to finish in some fashion, they could very well find out that a system is really not very good, and change it. I assume that at this point, they're pretty sure of how most systems will work for the first PvE push, and have started actually programming them. But until they're functioning at some level in-game, there's a good possibility for dramatic shifts.

Aradon
06-22-2015, 03:14 PM
I'm assuming most of the systems are no longer changing. But until they're in the game, fully coded, and someone's played through a character from start to finish in some fashion, they could very well find out that a system is really not very good, and change it. I assume that at this point, they're pretty sure of how most systems will work for the first PvE push, and have started actually programming them. But until they're functioning at some level in-game, there's a good possibility for dramatic shifts.

I don't think there's room for dramatic shifts at this point. Fortunately, I also don't think that functionality in game is necessary for actual testing of these systems. They've been playing paper versions of PvE for quite a while now, which is how they've been testing their PvE systems. If they're coding, then I think they're done with the dramatic changes and it's just tweaking numbers and items around.

And I'm pretty sure they're coding by now :P

Mr.Funsocks
06-22-2015, 03:20 PM
I don't think there's room for dramatic shifts at this point. Fortunately, I also don't think that functionality in game is necessary for actual testing of these systems. They've been playing paper versions of PvE for quite a while now, which is how they've been testing their PvE systems. If they're coding, then I think they're done with the dramatic changes and it's just tweaking numbers and items around.

And I'm pretty sure they're coding by now :P

You think they're doing paper calculations of experience points by hand regularly? ;) I mean, it may not be experience points, but there's invariably some elements that are too cumbersome to get a good sense of by hand. I'd assume they're pretty sure they know what they want, and they've done some form of paper testing, but things can always change once they're in an actual coded form.

Aradon
06-22-2015, 04:31 PM
I imagine they did a decent amount of computer calculations and napkin math about experience points and the like, but I would hardly call experience point tweaks 'dramatic shifts.'

AstaSyneri
06-23-2015, 01:36 AM
The gist is this: There is quite a few of us who really look forward to PvE, are willing to pay money, have been patient all along (we understand how involved the process is and that many foundation stones have to be set before we can get proper dungeons).

All we are asking is some solid status quo information about what's ahead for those of us who don't care much about new sets/PvP right now.

LordGorchnik
06-23-2015, 05:34 PM
Wow, didn't realize the topic would get this many responses.

Where I currently fall is in the realm of what was alluded to earlier about people stating the "might system works like this" and then another poster comes along and says, "no it's not that way anymore."

This should never, ever be the case with your community. I don't think I need to post examples of how many online games whether they be: card, rpg, or strategy have failed miserably due to poor communication. Does the HEX staff currently have poor communication in general? No. On PvE related news though, absolutely. It's been close to 7 months if I am looking at my e-mails correctly since we have had any info on how mercs, dungeons, double-backs etc are going to work and the fact that we have still heard absolutely nothing despite set 3 dropping soon makes me just a tad nervous.

If no news on PvE comes in their weekly e-mail 1-2 weeks after set 3 drops I think it may be time to write this backing off as a lost one and move onto other projects. I really, really, really want HEX to have an amazing PvE experience that was pitched to us during the days of the KS, but alas I know all too well there are no guarantees in business and we may not ever see that.

ryuukan
06-23-2015, 05:47 PM
stop expecting the world overnight
have more faith in their vision
go play something else and come back later

choose one

Chadatog
06-23-2015, 08:36 PM
Wow, didn't realize the topic would get this many responses.

Where I currently fall is in the realm of what was alluded to earlier about people stating the "might system works like this" and then another poster comes along and says, "no it's not that way anymore."

This should never, ever be the case with your community. I don't think I need to post examples of how many online games whether they be: card, rpg, or strategy have failed miserably due to poor communication. Does the HEX staff currently have poor communication in general? No. On PvE related news though, absolutely. It's been close to 7 months if I am looking at my e-mails correctly since we have had any info on how mercs, dungeons, double-backs etc are going to work and the fact that we have still heard absolutely nothing despite set 3 dropping soon makes me just a tad nervous.

If no news on PvE comes in their weekly e-mail 1-2 weeks after set 3 drops I think it may be time to write this backing off as a lost one and move onto other projects. I really, really, really want HEX to have an amazing PvE experience that was pitched to us during the days of the KS, but alas I know all too well there are no guarantees in business and we may not ever see that.

Your post makes me nervous that people have no patience. And you need to look again at things other than your kickstarter e-mails, Corey gave an interview on 2 turns ahead again back in March (3 months ago) where he talked about pve and the 10-12 dungeons to launch in the next large feature patch once set 3 is released.

Mr.Funsocks
06-24-2015, 07:27 AM
I imagine they did a decent amount of computer calculations and napkin math about experience points and the like, but I would hardly call experience point tweaks 'dramatic shifts.'

That's my point though - You don't know how something will really play out until you actually play it, the whole way through, the way it will be played. They're probably pretty sure how most things will fall together now, but until it's coded to a playable state, y'never know.

Thrawn
06-24-2015, 07:37 AM
It's been over two years since the Kickstarter. While I'm not one here complaining and am pretty happy with the look and progress of what we saw on the test server, people who are asking where stuff is are not in any way being impatient as long if they are just asking about it in a civil manner.

regomar
06-24-2015, 01:18 PM
Yeah, the average person only has so much patience. I'm generally a very patient guy, but I'm just about done waiting here. If we don't get solid news soon I'm pretty much done. Sad but true. That's not being impatient. It's been over two freaking years and we still barely know more than we had during the Kickstarter. Throw us a bone for gods sake.

nicosharp
06-24-2015, 01:23 PM
Yeah, the average person only has so much patience. I'm generally a very patient guy, but I'm just about done waiting here. If we don't get solid news soon I'm pretty much done. Sad but true. That's not being impatient. It's been over two freaking years and we still barely know more than we had during the Kickstarter. Throw us a bone for gods sake.
Information on the current system they want to have in the game soon, may not be the same as the system they end up implementing for everyone to play.

We all want a taste, but there may be reasons why they are holding back still. It has become quite unbearable.

Zophie
06-24-2015, 01:48 PM

You'll get your bone after Set 3 releases. Let them promote the next release before they start promoting the next next release.

Keep in mind that a lot of good, complex games with lots of content and solid design take multiple years to create, except we don't always find out about them until they are much deeper in development and there isn't as long of a wait to release. In this case we pretty much were let in on the ground floor at the very start, so we have the privilege/burden of knowing about it way in advance, and patience can really be tested in that situation, especially when it's something you're very excited for. As someone who follows gaming news regularly, I actually get affected by this a lot, I hear about games really early, get hyped up for them, and then have to wait years before they're released. At least with Hex I've actually gotten to play more and more of it as other features were still in development, so it's actually been pretty easy waiting for stuff.

I also like to relate waiting for stuff to Jurassic World. I had been waiting for Jurassic World to be made since 2003 when the first rumors of a 4th movie had began, and I patiently waited through a decade of rumors and false hope (and the loss of Michael Crichton, RIP) until 2013 when Universal finally confirmed it was being made, and then another 2 years before it finally came out and it was released just 2 weeks ago. And let me tell you, compared to that, the wait for Hex's full release has been a walk in the park (pun intended). BTW Jurassic World is fantastic, go see it if you haven't already.

nicetodd
06-24-2015, 02:10 PM
You'll get your bone after Set 3 releases. Let them promote the next release before they start promoting the next next release.

Keep in mind that a lot of good, complex games with lots of content and solid design take multiple years to create, except we don't always find out about them until they are much deeper in development and there isn't as long of a wait to release. In this case we pretty much were let in on the ground floor at the very start, so we have the privilege/burden of knowing about it way in advance, and patience can really be tested in that situation, especially when it's something you're very excited for. As someone who follows gaming news regularly, I actually get affected by this a lot, I hear about games really early, get hyped up for them, and then have to wait years before they're released. At least with Hex I've actually gotten to play more and more of it as other features were still in development, so it's actually been pretty easy waiting for stuff.

I also like to relate waiting for stuff to Jurassic World. I had been waiting for Jurassic World to be made since 2003 when the first rumors of a 4th movie had began, and I patiently waited through a decade of rumors and false hope (and the loss of Michael Crichton, RIP) until 2013 when Universal finally confirmed it was being made, and then another 2 years before it finally came out and it was released just 2 weeks ago. And let me tell you, compared to that, the wait for Hex's full release has been a walk in the park (pun intended). BTW Jurassic World is fantastic, go see it if you haven't already.

You weren't told Jurassic park was nearly done pending some final art and engineering in 2004. I appreciate the positive attitude, but asking for rough details isn't the same as asking for screenshots and "promotions". Backers have been patient. Plenty patient.

Poetic
06-24-2015, 02:11 PM
To be fair, we were led to believe during the initial kickstarter that the game was in development for 2 years and they just needed 300k finish up. I get that this project was really ambitious, probably more so than the team ever imagined. But i can understand the frustrations of the PVE crowd.

As a player who only cares about PvP, I'm pretty patient on this end. But I want this stuff completed for the PVE crowd and to advance the community. The PVE aspect is unique and helps HEX stand apart. Which is good for everyone who wants to see this game succeed.

I'm sure the focus right now is on getting set 3 out for us PvP nuts, but I hope more details start to come out shortly after release.

Zophie
06-24-2015, 02:13 PM
Yeah, and as others have mentioned earlier in this thread, Cory said that this will come following the Set 3 release. We're almost there guys, hang tight!

Edit: Also don't take my Jurassic World story as a dismissal of anyone's excitement or patience, I'm just relating to my own experience with waiting for stuff. It seems like most of my life is spent waiting for things I'm excited about, and once those things pay off I'm still waiting for something else later on. It's kind of weird reflecting on back on stuff like that, I gotta remind myself sometimes to appreciate what I have, and just keep a positive outlook about what I don't have :)

Ertzi
06-24-2015, 02:50 PM

I am sorry for derailing the thread further, but I have to reply to this.

Jurassic Park is one of the most important and influential movies of my life. I have rarely felt such movie magic as I did as a teenager and I love that film with all my heart. Because of that reason, I always hope that there will be more JP movies, and that they will be good.

I never go to the movie theater anymore because of cell phones, but I did for Jurassic World. I am super happy with the latest entry, which I enjoyed tremendously. I especially loved all the nods to the original movie. My favorite JP movies, in order, are at this moment 1, 4, 3, 2. I cannot forgive the gymnastics scene of number 2.

The best part is that there will now be more JP movies, as Jurassic World broke all kinds of records (second-highest opening of all time, fastest movie to 1 billion dollars internationally in 13 days, biggest second weekend at over $103 million etc.) Even better is the fact that there will now be a flood of dinosaur movies in Hollywood. That is how they operate. And I love me some dinos.

Okay, sorry about that, please continue with the original topic :)

Zophie
06-24-2015, 02:58 PM
Jurassic Park is one of the most important and influential movies of my life. I have rarely felt such movie magic as I did as a teenager and I love that film with all my heart. Because of that reason, I always hope that there will be more JP movies, and that they will be good.

I never go to the movie theater anymore because of cell phones, but I did for Jurassic World. I am super happy with the latest entry, which I enjoyed tremendously. I especially loved all the nods to the original movie. My favorite JP movies, in order, are at this moment 1, 4, 3, 2. I cannot forgive the gymnastics scene of number 2.

The best part is that there will now be more JP movies, as Jurassic World broke all kinds of records (second-highest opening of all time, fastest movie to 1 billion dollars internationally in 13 days, biggest second weekend at over $103 million etc.) Even better is the fact that there will now be a flood of dinosaur movies in Hollywood. That is how they operate. And I love me some dinos.

Ertzi and I just became best friends forever. :o

Harwinne
06-24-2015, 03:19 PM
All that's really being asked is for the team to make a comment every here and there saying where PVE sits with everything else currently. I don't believe that's asking for a lot. Between "we're planning X new PVE functions in the next patch" and "we're keeping it separate from the next patch but the one after is planned to contain X PVE elements" should keep people happy. We just want to know it's still in the pipe and not a cancelled item.

Zophie
06-24-2015, 03:23 PM
All that's really being asked is for the team to make a comment every here and there saying where PVE sits with everything else currently. I don't believe that's asking for a lot. Between "we're planning X new PVE functions in the next patch" and "we're keeping it separate from the next patch but the one after is planned to contain X PVE elements" should keep people happy. We just want to know it's still in the pipe and not a cancelled item.

They've already said as much though. Cory had an interview where he said the plan was the next big PVE release will be after the Set 3 release. PVE isn't cancelled. If that's all you're asking for then you've already gotten an answer on it, nothing left to do but wait a little longer and enjoy Set 3 in the meantime.

RobHaven
06-24-2015, 06:15 PM

This guy doesn't speak for all of us. I'm asking for a lot more than he is. I want the deets! I want the ins and outs of what's coming next. I want a PvE write-up so juicy that I literally jimp.

Harwinne
06-24-2015, 07:39 PM
There's only so much they can do in a given amount of time. If he's already said where it is (I'll admit I haven't read all of the communication from the devs) there's not much more they can do.

Detailed specifics often change and are often not announced until it's all final- likely most of the juiciest stuff isn't final until it's ready for release. Plans change sometimes seemingly on a whim. If your favorite previously announced thing didn't make it you'd be upset too. Sometimes there's no winning strategy.

And yes, if he's already spoken about it recently I'm content. But I know many others wouldn't be.

Mr.Funsocks
06-24-2015, 10:27 PM
To be fair, we were led to believe during the initial kickstarter that the game was in development for 2 years and they just needed 300k finish up. I get that this project was really ambitious, probably more so than the team ever imagined.

Minor note on this, as there have been some hints floating around on this but it's not something CZE wants to publically discuss:

The development done before the Kickstarter was done by an outside studio that... lets just say had some issues with quality and delivery in a very public way on another game, and was shut down. CZE had basically no in-house engineers, and wasn't really aware what state the game was in. At this point, they've had to almost completely re-do all 2 years of that work, at least programming-wise, from the ground up.

They didn't know it at the time, but they didn't have a nearly-finished game, they had a great idea for a game, and some really good design done on specific cards/mechanics.

That said, after Set 3 is really kind of the window for PvE. Don't expect much 'till after the hubbub of Set 3 dies down, public relations is all about one narrative at a time. If they don't have some pretty significant systems to announce for the next content push at that point, I'll start being pretty worried about the game. I'll still play it, it's quite fun, but if they can't start attracting that F2P/PvE crowd before a bunch of other lesser card games come out, Hex may never get the audience it needs to be awesome.

Mejis
06-24-2015, 10:50 PM
snip

I was not aware of the debacle regarding the outside company. That's very unfortunate. Well, props to hexent for pulling together what's they've managed since then.

Regarding your last point, I'd be very interested to know what population base we have atm in terms of size, peak users online etc. I doubt we'll ever receive that info, but I am curious.

Ps love your Sig man. Pretty much how I feel about all excessive sigs too ;)

Mr.Funsocks
06-25-2015, 08:20 AM
Yeah, Cory has said that Hex almost died like 5 times before the Kickstarter even started, and someday he'll tell us the tale. It's got a pretty checkered development history, so it's fantastic that it's gotten this far. That said, I still feel they haven't picked up the development pace as well as they could have.

Gwaer
06-25-2015, 09:11 AM
Yeah, Cory has said that Hex almost died like 5 times before the Kickstarter even started, and someday he'll tell us the tale. It's got a pretty checkered development history, so it's fantastic that it's gotten this far. That said, I still feel they haven't picked up the development pace as well as they could have.

This I disagree with, pretty wholeheartedly. I've been a part of testing a number of games before public release. As such I have seen games that have actually had 5 years of development (not like hex's case where circumstances basically required them to begin again more or less from scratch after the KS, meaning the programming portion of Hex's development is only 2 years old. ) not show this much progress from a title that is unfinished, and buggy 5 years in, to its eventual release two years later. I'm literally in awe of what HXE's dev team has managed to pull off these last two years. Especially seeing the set 3 patch, and changes it is bringing. And knowing that they do in fact have some PVE slated for the next patch after this. It's incredible. I'd say that going from basically 0 to what we'll have after set 3 patch in two years is unheard of in game development.

Xenavire
06-25-2015, 09:34 AM
This I disagree with, pretty wholeheartedly. I've been a part of testing a number of games before public release. As such I have seen games that have actually had 5 years of development (not like hex's case where circumstances basically required them to begin again more or less from scratch after the KS, meaning the programming portion of Hex's development is only 2 years old. ) not show this much progress from a title that is unfinished, and buggy 5 years in, to its eventual release two years later. I'm literally in awe of what HXE's dev team has managed to pull off these last two years. Especially seeing the set 3 patch, and changes it is bringing. And knowing that they do in fact have some PVE slated for the next patch after this. It's incredible. I'd say that going from basically 0 to what we'll have after set 3 patch in two years is unheard of in game development.

I agree. HexEnt does some crazy stuff in terms of speed, project management, set design, etc. I can see them ramping up over time into a solid release cycle that pumps out new content regularly, but with all the changes/overhauls/additions we have had... The game is technically within range of being a release candidate if you ignore the fact we know what they plan to have in before release.

I mean, even compared to HS, or any other dCG, this is pretty feature complete and stable, and barring a little polish, some QoL changes, and maybe a ladder, this could go public and be well received. Adding in all the extras... I can't wait.

Fred
06-25-2015, 10:57 AM
I'm literally in awe of what HXE's dev team has managed to pull off these last two years. Especially seeing the set 3 patch, and changes it is bringing. And knowing that they do in fact have some PVE slated for the next patch after this.

I understand both sides of the issue. I released several commercial software so I understand the amount of work involved and the sheer number of things that can go wrong, but I also backed heavily for the PvE content that was promised 2 years ago and I am also growing impatient.

After having been disappointed many times, I now reserve my awe for stuff that has actually been delivered, rather than what is still to come and what has been promised. So far, 2 years in, it's only 2 sets of PvP, and a very minimal PvE experience that they threw in there just to shut everyone up.

... and they expected to deliver all that in 2013 with only $300k

hex_colin
06-25-2015, 11:02 AM
I understand both sides of the issue. I released several commercial software so I understand the amount of work involved and the sheer number of things that can go wrong, but I also backed heavily for the PvE content that was promised 2 years ago and I am also growing impatient.

After having been disappointed many times, I now reserve my awe for stuff that has actually been delivered, rather than what is still to come and what has been promised. So far, 2 years in, it's only 2 sets of PvP, and a very minimal PvE experience that they threw in there just to shut everyone up.

... and they expected to deliver all that in 2013 with only $300k

The reasons for the delays are very clearly outlined in this thread. Most of the upcoming patch (including hundreds of changes behind the scene) helps prepare for full PVE. And the major content patch after that will be monumental. It's coming... :)

Saeijou
06-25-2015, 11:04 AM
The reasons for the delays are very clearly outlined in this thread. Most of the upcoming patch (including hundreds of changes behind the scene) helps prepare for full PVE. And the major content patch after that will be monumental. It's coming... :)

big promises here... ;)

hex_colin
06-25-2015, 11:07 AM
big promises here... ;)

I promised nothing! I presented an opinion. ;)

Saeijou
06-25-2015, 11:14 AM
I promised nothing! I presented an opinion. ;)

you should rephrase "will" with "might" then :D it sounds like you speak in absolutes ;)

Zophie
06-25-2015, 11:39 AM
I think what he's trying to say here is... GET HYPED!!! :stormcloud:

Zarien
06-25-2015, 11:52 AM
I trust colin. He has invested a lot into the game, and as long as he continues to stay on the ship because he believes (or knows) that a lot more is coming, i'm game. I invested into the pro-tier because I saw the project, saw the potential, and i'm in it for life. Heck, if I had the income then, I would have spent WAY more. But I was broke at the time and spent all I could.

Saeijou
06-25-2015, 12:32 PM
I think what he's trying to say here is... GET HYPED!!! :stormcloud:

well, i get the message :) and i am hyped!
and i'm the kind of person, that isn't disappointed over delays. if they don't get set3 into the game, it is like that... i enjoy drafting and testservers

i just want to point out, that A LOT of people complain about way to much... writing something like that may force some people to wrong expectations
i mean, people hear, what they want to here... hands down...
but the fact, that colin is such an honored member of the community makes it even worse.

i have no right to tell colin what to say, and i hope he isn't offended by what i write, because that's definitly not my intention

i just see people point out "but colin said..." and they will be upset, when it didn't happen
or even if they don't remember it completely... they maybe think of that comment and state "but someone said, the next patch will be monumental!"

i'm just over all the hating and complaining in that forums... and i thought more than one time to just logout and never come back to the forums again.
but i like it here, like the people making suggestions, like the people getting hyped and having dreams...

nicetodd
06-25-2015, 01:17 PM
I trust colin. He has invested a lot into the game, and as long as he continues to stay on the ship because he believes (or knows) that a lot more is coming, i'm game. I invested into the pro-tier because I saw the project, saw the potential, and i'm in it for life. Heck, if I had the income then, I would have spent WAY more. But I was broke at the time and spent all I could.

Colin is conflicted BECAUSE he is so invested. I trust him as much as I can a person I've never met... But him being so invested is not a good reason from a risk standpoint.

Mr.Funsocks
06-25-2015, 01:29 PM
Yeah, investment gives you a distinct conflict in judgement ;)

But, like I said, I'm holding out with patience until the update after Set 3. There's a lot of things that should be ready at that point, and a lot has been hinted at for that update for PvE. They've given us that thing everyone always says is all they want, a timetable. If they can deliver a good chunk on that timetable, I'll be happy.

ThomasHunter
06-25-2015, 01:38 PM
Doubleback tracking!

(That would certainly be AWESOME!!!!)

Thrawn
06-25-2015, 01:46 PM
If Hex has something super hype and amazing in progress or almost ready to go it's all just Soon™ to me unless I see it for myself.

plaguedealer
06-25-2015, 01:48 PM
Colin is conflicted BECAUSE he is so invested. I trust him as much as I can a person I've never met... But him being so invested is not a good reason from a risk standpoint.

Collin and I had disagreements in the past. Way back when the first tournaments started firing we had a forum disagreement about the lack of communication by hex.

However, I really do admire Collin and the other community members like him. Collin has gotten the community involved in charity events and has given back alot to the community. I have a feeling that Collin has been blessed in a way that the amount he has kickstarted really is not a heavy financial investment.

IMO, if the pve is great, the sky is the limit for this game. I am invested in a way that I want to see the pve BAD. But information about it should wait until after set 3 releases.

nicetodd
06-25-2015, 03:38 PM
I hope I didn't come off as saying I didn't trust him.... Was just trying to say his investment isn't the reason for it. He is absolutely an amazing community member.

RobHaven
06-25-2015, 07:28 PM
Sooo... Anyone want to take a guess on how long it will take between patches? Are we talking a month? 3? 6?!

Thrawn
06-25-2015, 07:46 PM
Sooo... Anyone want to take a guess on how long it will take between patches? Are we talking a month? 3? 6?!

My big fear is that we see the "big" PvE patch in 4-6 months or so, and the next PvP patch months after that leading to us being stuck on Set 3 for far too long.

Hope to be proven very wrong in that worry.

Mr.Funsocks
06-25-2015, 09:36 PM
I'm assuming they're going to try to get big feature pushes on a 2ish month schedule if they're going to alternate PvP and PvE. So probably 3-4 months from now.