PDA

View Full Version : Test Server Now Up & Free Tournament 2pm EST

Stok3d
06-20-2015, 09:07 AM
In game Message just stated that the Test Server is now Up and free tourn about 2pm EST.

Showsni
06-20-2015, 09:23 AM
You should at least run the patcher whilst you draft.

Flairina
06-20-2015, 10:18 AM
To confirm, the tournament to join is the "PTR Largescale Test", currently at 394-598, correct? I mean, it costs 0 to join, and that all seems PRETTY hard to misinterpret, but I'd rather make sure.

ShayJawn
06-20-2015, 10:23 AM
To confirm, the tournament to join is the "PTR Largescale Test", currently at 394-598, correct? I mean, it costs 0 to join, and that all seems PRETTY hard to misinterpret, but I'd rather make sure.
yes thats correct

saffamike
06-20-2015, 10:25 AM
Pity I can't play the likely full 10 rounds. Have fun guys!

darkwonders
06-20-2015, 10:46 AM
Pity I can't play the likely full 10 rounds. Have fun guys!

Neither can I. I just joined to help with the stress test. I don't plan on playing much of it.

majin
06-20-2015, 10:54 AM
anyone else having trouble logging in the test server?

Salverus
06-20-2015, 11:02 AM
i just booted up the game and logged in and was surprised how smooth it all went. No delays, not stuck on 'loading data', everything went nice and smooth. Only thing going crazy is the chat right now.
edit; 784 players in the tournament now.

Valnir
06-20-2015, 11:24 AM
Yes, unfortunately stuck at loading screen

Flairina
06-20-2015, 11:26 AM
Oh shoot, did the servers just freeze? Because my game certainly seems to have. I was at the main tournament screen with all the "starting"s, now I'm just frozen.

Stok3d
06-20-2015, 11:30 AM
Great showing on people:

http://i57.tinypic.com/246m1zd.png

Flairina
06-20-2015, 11:30 AM
Wait, I got in to my game, was really relieved, and then it told me I lost as soon as everything had loaded. What the heck?

IndigoShade
06-20-2015, 11:48 AM
Wait, I got in to my game, was really relieved, and then it told me I lost as soon as everything had loaded. What the heck?

Game 1 I win becausee my opponent never loads. Game 2 I can't see my hand, my opponent's champ, my champ, etc etc. I relog 3x, time out and lose. Game 3 I get shard screwed. Needless to say, I'm pretty frustrated with how this went down.

I don't even feel like continuing on even if it isn't single elimination tbh.

Blightshadow
06-20-2015, 11:54 AM
Yep, I got some issues as well...
Lost first round and am currently stuck in space (loading screen before the coin toss).
Also couldn't see my or my opponent's deck.

Graydeath
06-20-2015, 11:59 AM
In the second game i couldn't see my deck and my opponent hand, but all went well.

The only problem i have is that now the game can't load pairings and standings

Salverus
06-20-2015, 12:00 PM
I lost the first round, can I forfeit now or is there more I can do?

Graydeath
06-20-2015, 12:03 PM
I lost the first round, can I forfeit now or is there more I can do?

It's swiss so you go on. You could play 6 more round

GhundiPI
06-20-2015, 12:03 PM
Not sure if it is a bug, but anyone else's client locking up and not responding when on the 'Standings' tab? Having restarted the client, I'll stay on the 'Current Pairings' tab for now.

the_artic_one
06-20-2015, 12:04 PM
Just lost to time (due to the server taking 5-30 seconds for every priority while my opponent's priority worked normally) it attempts to load me into game 3 with blank champions and no decks.

Xenavire
06-20-2015, 12:05 PM
Not sure if it is a bug, but anyone else's client locking up and not responding when on the 'Standings' tab? Having restarted the client, I'll stay on the 'Current Pairings' tab for now.

I had that too.

Shivdaddy
06-20-2015, 12:07 PM
I can not tell which card his quick actions are targeting. Laggy laggy laggy as well.

Flairina
06-20-2015, 12:11 PM
My clock hasn't moved in 20 minutes. Trying to get out failed even through task manager; couldn't even get to these boards while Hex was running because it would take me back to the black screen of death, which forced me to log off my computer entirely. I'm trying to restart the client but it won't let me. What is going on.

spankydonkey
06-20-2015, 12:13 PM
My clock hasn't moved in 20 minutes. Trying to get out failed even through task manager; couldn't even get to these boards while Hex was running because it would take me back to the black screen of death, which forced me to log off my computer entirely. I'm trying to restart the client but it won't let me. What is going on.

This in a nut shell

Flairina
06-20-2015, 12:22 PM
Okay, changed it to NOT fullscreen and that may or may not have helped. At least shouldn't block me from being able to access anything anymore. Gotta say, even if the tournament is still going, if this is the best it can run with this many people on then I fail to see what good it does.

AstaSyneri
06-20-2015, 12:25 PM
Playing windowed and my game went off without a hitch. Waiting for round 2 to fire, harhar.

hex_colin
06-20-2015, 12:25 PM
Okay, changed it to NOT fullscreen and that may or may not have helped. At least shouldn't block me from being able to access anything anymore. Gotta say, even if the tournament is still going, if this is the best it can run with this many people on then I fail to see what good it does.

It's a test. Things don't go perfectly. Issues get identified. Bugs get fixed. They test again.

That being said, this is unbelievable progress compared to last time. And, this is something no other digital card game has pulled off. Quite an accomplishment! :)

poizonous
06-20-2015, 12:28 PM
Just curious has anyone checked the tiebreakers? Curious if they are working properly. Possibly my biggest thrill about the newest patch

Flairina
06-20-2015, 12:28 PM
It's a test. Things don't go perfectly. Issues get identified. Bugs get fixed. They test again.

That being said, this is unbelievable progress compared to last time. And, this is something no other digital card game has pulled off. Quite an accomplishment! :)

Oh, most definitely. Last time it didn't run at all, so this is definitely an improvement, not denying that. :) But I think a good deal of the won/lost games were from random disconnects, and that's something of a major issue. :/

Also, round 2 starts and I immediately freeze again. Dang it. >.<

jonsnow2000
06-20-2015, 12:34 PM
It's a huge step forward this time around compared to the last few times. You should always go into these tourneys with the expectation that everything fails. The Hex engineers are monitoring all of this in the background, and they get useful data, even if you personally experience problems.

Anyway, looks like if you are not in Round 2 by now, you can just shut off and go do something else. For most ppl the reconnect into the server or the matches doesn't seem to work.

Flairina
06-20-2015, 12:40 PM
It's a huge step forward this time around compared to the last few times. You should always go into these tourneys with the expectation that everything fails. The Hex engineers are monitoring all of this in the background, and they get useful data, even if you personally experience problems.

Anyway, looks like if you are not in Round 2 by now, you can just shut off and go do something else. For most ppl the reconnect into the server or the matches doesn't seem to work.

I briefly had the tournament main screen music just now, and my screen is full of the pre-battle stars, but I can't actually click on anything- it takes me out and back to my desktop or internet page- and the music has now stopped. Should I wait?

EDIT: Now I've got battle music and a screen with my tourney deck full of nothing but Zoltog. XD

Mahes
06-20-2015, 01:00 PM
It crashed, I think. Wish we could get forum updates.

Flairina
06-20-2015, 01:01 PM
It crashed, I think. Wish we could get forum updates.

I think you're right. Mine hasn't moved in twenty minutes. Though, it could just be the client crashing again and not the server.

Graydeath
06-20-2015, 01:03 PM
For me worked perfect during the match, but freeze if i try to see parings and standings... the time change every 10 seconds :D

desk
06-20-2015, 01:03 PM
my round 2 games started and ended with no issues

Zurai
06-20-2015, 01:09 PM
my round 2 games started and ended with no issues

Ditto.

Flairina
06-20-2015, 01:12 PM
Shoot. If it is working, did I lose by default because I couldn't get in?

(It's telling me I'm still on round two, but I can't tell if I lost or not, and nothing is happening. Clock is ticking- albeit in extremely jerky fashion- but I don't know if I'm even still waiting or not.)

Mahes
06-20-2015, 01:25 PM
I got back in long enough to get it into windowed mode. That seems to help a bit with the lag.

xou
06-20-2015, 01:36 PM
my client crashed before 3rd round start and won't reconnect

katkillad
06-20-2015, 01:36 PM
Round 2 my client froze, logged back in and the first game never started. Went to sideboard and game never started. Logged out and back in and was booted from the tournament.

Mahes
06-20-2015, 01:37 PM
Round 3 froze me

Flairina
06-20-2015, 01:39 PM
Yeah, round 3 froze for me too. Guess it just wasn't meant to be for me... *sigh*

Xavon
06-20-2015, 01:41 PM
I bugged out after the first round because lag ate 10 minutes off my clock so I didn't have time put up a fight in the third match.

neruwind
06-20-2015, 01:50 PM
bugged out since round 2, freezes on pairings screen. Tried to relog in round 3 but still same issue.

Mahes
06-20-2015, 01:54 PM
I give up. Even once I got into the game it was so laggy that it was frustrating. I play to relax, not be super annoyed. I will say that at least it fired off. One small step closer.

Flairina
06-20-2015, 01:55 PM
bugged out since round 2, freezes on pairings screen. Tried to relog in round 3 but still same issue.

Same problem I'm having then. I managed to get in again after about three or four relogs, but that just took me to a 00:00 game with no hands/decks/champions/names. All I could do there was ask the chat if anyone was having the same problem.

wolzarg
06-20-2015, 01:55 PM
Got no hand so i couldn't play cards then i couldn't discard because i had no hand but i had 7 ghost cards and a 8th card i couldn't play so i auto lost round 3. Now client keeps crashing every time i log in and not even giving me the option to rejoin the match.

http://i.imgur.com/Fak73Xv.jpg

While this is showing great progress as a test i seriously hope it isn't considered a proper conclusion as it seems a lot of people aren't even given a chance to play. This makes the slanted prize curve even worse. I hope everyone just gets some kind of participation reward for helping out testing.

Kaiba_Graysoul
06-20-2015, 01:56 PM
the hamster appears to have been so stressed he started taking drugs

Mahes
06-20-2015, 01:58 PM
With me, every step took 10 seconds to execute. It was like swimming in tar. Reminded me of the early days of alpha and how I took a 3 week break until they got that under control.

IronPheasant
06-20-2015, 01:58 PM
Looks like it's ded.

Don't know if I'm happy or sad about this. Maybe happy? 14 hours did seem a bit much.

Merzifon
06-20-2015, 01:59 PM
i played 3 rounds, even one round was not playable.

Phenteo
06-20-2015, 01:59 PM
It's not dead yet. Still chugging away.

Salverus
06-20-2015, 02:00 PM
after every round i alt-f4 to close the game, then ~5 minutes before next round starts i login again, working fine so far.
Won 2, lost 1 so far, now waiting until :25 for round 4.

Xenavire
06-20-2015, 02:02 PM
I am feeling pretty bummed - I cruised through the first 2 rounds, and was having a close r3 (lost g1 to flight while waiting on thresholds, g2 was a steamroll) but G3 never happened. If the tournament even continues, I have no way of figuring out what my record is - did I win or lose that game? The scroll bars in the pairings tab are too twitchy, so I can't find my name at all (not even for previous rounds).

This leads me to believe there is a little UI work that needs to happen - can we get our standings and record off to the side somewhere? Also would make screenshots a lot cleaner. :)

IronPheasant
06-20-2015, 02:03 PM
Whelp, I guess it decided I'm 1-2 now. Can finally log into the lobby to complain. hooray...

Graydeath
06-20-2015, 02:06 PM
This leads me to believe there is a little UI work that needs to happen - can we get our standings and record off to the side somewhere? Also would make screenshots a lot cleaner. :)

+1

This will be a great thing

another good thing could be a timer that show how much time till next round

Xenavire
06-20-2015, 02:07 PM
After about 7-8 minutes of trying, I found our game... its at 1-1. I don't know how I feel about that. :p

Shadowflame
06-20-2015, 02:07 PM
I won the first game, but the second game never popped. D: Did I win or lose?

MasterN64
06-20-2015, 02:11 PM
Ill be on till it dies 100% for me. Gotta help stress those servers and get as much data as possible.

Sadly my sealed pool was almost total balls and near unplayable. Only saving grace is lots of removal.

Kaiba_Graysoul
06-20-2015, 02:18 PM
its ALIVE ITS ALIVE

Xavon
06-20-2015, 02:20 PM
It's not dead yet. Still chugging away.

I (and probably others) would argue at this point that 'undead' is more appropriate. Sure it is staggering along, but it keeps leaving bits of itself behind.

I would be curious to find out how many of the 750+ players make it to the final round.

Flairina
06-20-2015, 02:21 PM
I (and probably others) would argue at this point that 'undead' is more appropriate. Sure it is staggering along, but it keeps leaving bits of itself behind.

I would be curious to find out how many of the 750+ players make it to the final round.

Hex Stress Tournament Code Name: Determined Zombie

wolzarg
06-20-2015, 02:25 PM
Ill be on till it dies 100% for me. Gotta help stress those servers and get as much data as possible.

Sadly my sealed pool was almost total balls and near unplayable. Only saving grace is lots of removal. I'm most definitely going to keep pounding on the glass and stressing dave the hamster i just don't expect to get to play a single full match. I just got back in to my round 3 game 2 that had been locked up for like 20-30 mins only to win it and then right after have the same hand bug as in the screenshot above and auto lose yet again.

Zophie
06-20-2015, 02:27 PM
I never got into the tournament, but I hope you guys at least enjoyed my in-chat entertainment! ;)

wolzarg
06-20-2015, 02:31 PM
No you are horrible! The puns are killing me faster than the server issues!

Neither of which is killing me very fast all hyperbole aside.

Salverus
06-20-2015, 02:32 PM
^ Zophie was better than the tournament during waiting times. :D

Fyren

And those people should be immediately recommended for psychiatric treatment.

See you at the group session.

Xenavire
Well, after waiting for 15 mins with no signs of life, I went AFK to use the bathroom, came back to a working game and my timer was very low, so I essentially panic-kept a bad hand so I wouldn't auto-lose the final game. Really wish they had made an announcement, I would have toughed it out if I knew there was a chance to get the games restarted (and I even asked, with no response.)

Pretty bummed, because I definitely had a deck that could have won that game.

IronPheasant
06-20-2015, 02:34 PM
I never got into the tournament, but I hope you guys at least enjoyed my in-chat entertainment! ;)

Thank you for your community service in the USO.

I will be, the biggest sperg, like no fool ever wassss
To play these cards, is my real test
To turn them sideways, is my caaause

Salverus
06-20-2015, 02:45 PM

You dont have to play all rounds, you can also go to sleep, then come back several hours later and just play the last few rounds of the tournament again.

Eetabee
06-20-2015, 02:50 PM
I had lethal in game three of round three when round four started. I assume it became a tie but I wonder who wins ties? I did not see a spot in the record for ties, just 0-0 or 2-0 or etc.

Graydeath
06-20-2015, 02:50 PM
You dont have to play all rounds, you can also go to sleep, then come back several hours later and just play the last few rounds of the tournament again.

I'm thinking to do something like that

MasterN64
06-20-2015, 03:09 PM
The whole client suddenly went unresponsive for me. Cant do anything and relogging doesnt fix it. Looks like this might be the death chortle.

IronPheasant
06-20-2015, 03:15 PM
I think there should be a special prize for the masochists who slog through it all. A hug from Cory would be nice. A pat on the head and an "atta boy!" would also suffice.

wolzarg
06-20-2015, 03:23 PM
I will stay up all night kicking the hamster so he can get big and strong.

Xenavire
06-20-2015, 03:27 PM
"Kick the hamster!"
"Don't kick the hamster!"
"Kick the hamster!"
"Aaaaahhhhhh...."

And then later we will get a rerun...

"Don't kick the goddamn hamster! Aaaaaaahhhhh..."

Xavon
06-20-2015, 03:32 PM

And what about the people who are actually playing the game and have to sit and wait for your timer to run out? Not exactly fair to them.

Flairina
06-20-2015, 03:33 PM
I think there should be a special prize for the masochists who slog through it all. A hug from Cory would be nice. A pat on the head and an "atta boy!" would also suffice.

I would if I could, but I can't even get to the main tournament screen now. It freezes trying to put me back in the tournament from the main screen.

Xenavire
06-20-2015, 03:35 PM
It is remarkable just how far things have come, but this is still a fairly long way from the main event. I wonder if we will have more stress tests between now and set 3 landing?

poizonous
06-20-2015, 03:44 PM
I'm curious to know if these issues would occur on live server, seeing as how the test server uses a less powerful server

israel.kendall
06-20-2015, 03:49 PM
Less powerful? I thought they said they were running it on an iPhone or something lol

Salverus
06-20-2015, 03:49 PM
I did 5 rounds, 12 matches, and going to bed now
- won 6 matches because opponent was AFK
- lost 1 match because I was AFK
- Lost 4 matches because opponent beat me
- won 1 match because opponent couldn't see his cards and he forfeited

on my end most of the tournament went fine. just do not press any buttons while you are waiting, since the rankings page and such make the game freeze.

wolzarg
06-20-2015, 03:52 PM
I lost a single game to actual cards.
Won 5 without any bugs
lost the remainder to a mix of refusing to connect to game at start of match and not giving me a starting hand bugs.

Flairina
06-20-2015, 04:04 PM
Wait, did they close it? I can't tell.

Alamand
06-20-2015, 04:14 PM
pretty sure it's still going on, just dropped after round 5 at least.

Though now I know why it's called a stress test, totally wasn't worth the time and aggravation for the minuscule prize pool.

wolzarg
06-20-2015, 04:16 PM

Though now I know why it's called a stress test, totally wasn't worth the time and aggravation for the minuscule prize pool.
Its not about the prizes its about the testing, tho i still think its completely wrong to have a top heavy prize in a tournament that has so many people winning and losing to bugs. I'm sure they will figure out some way to compensate us and either way I'm sure they are thankful that you joined.

Elwinz
06-20-2015, 04:16 PM
I played one real game in 4 rounds. And dropped. UNplayable,

Xenavire
06-20-2015, 04:20 PM

Yeah, that top heavy prize pool just feels like a punishment for anyone unlucky enough to run into any bugs. Make top 8 somehow, and you are golden, you are getting a fairly good prize. Everyone else is looking pretty poorly and may have done better grinding arena the whole time. I mean, I get why its there, they wanted to ensure the largest amount of participants they could, but i think having a participation prize, with a bonus for staying the whole time, would have been a more player friendly method, without discouraging people from joining (or in this case, staying.)

It is what it is though.

Graydeath
06-20-2015, 04:21 PM
on my end most of the tournament went fine. just do not press any buttons while you are waiting, since the rankings page and such make the game freeze.

Yeah the only problem i get are in the rankings page, it freeze all the time and i have to restart

IronPheasant
06-20-2015, 04:35 PM
Don't even know what my client's doing right now... reconnected, asked if I wanted rejoin a game I was unaware had started... watching the memory usage in Task Manager bounce up and down from 920 MB to 940.... argh..

Yeah, that top heavy prize pool just feels like a punishment for anyone unlucky enough to run into any bugs. Make top 8 somehow, and you are golden, you are getting a fairly good prize. Everyone else is looking pretty poorly and may have done better grinding arena the whole time.

Nah, $20 for 16 hours of a nightmarish hell isn't worth it for anyone. The only people winning are those who were smart enough to just AFK the entire thing. Or playing sealed gauntlet.

It's not about the reward, but honestly, another day of the test server like we had on Thursday would be nice. I'm personally more interested in intangibles.

Just... anything but another constructed ticket, please.

ghulzen
06-20-2015, 04:52 PM
Just... anything but another constructed ticket, please.
I have so many just sitting in my stash. Wish I could put them on AH.

wolzarg
06-20-2015, 04:54 PM
Considering how many bugs and problems i have had and how frequent they have been, is there any data or file from my computer that would interest the devs?

Kaiba_Graysoul
06-20-2015, 04:57 PM
I'v been happy to help the guys have always been good to us in the past but i agree such a long stress test has been testing for some players

MasterN64
06-20-2015, 05:01 PM
Im fairly patient and its testing me fairly good myself. If chat were responsive so we could goof off and be silly it wouldnt be as bad but even that isnt responding the majority of the time. Takes upwards of 30 seconds just to send messages or refresh new ones.

MugenMusou
06-20-2015, 05:17 PM
I can't pass beyond the accepting term on the test server. It just keep popping up the terms even if I hit accept. I also ran a repair once, and still not working. Windows 7. Anybody has a solution?

MasterN64
06-20-2015, 05:19 PM
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=43629

General consensus is install the game onto a seperate drive and not on c:.

The server wont be up past today though so just a heads up.

Slimey
06-20-2015, 05:20 PM
Played 6 games 3w/3l,two wins were by beating someone the normal way one was becuse opponent couldnt connect,as far as the losses 1 was fair the other two couldnt connect to the game so i lost my first match,in general laggy as hell. I hope all who joined get at least a booster for their mental pain. Not to mention in order to win just paying well was not enogh since so many ppl dropped and other EU ppl gotta sleep so becuse the tourny started at 8pm 10 rounds was way too much.

wolzarg
06-20-2015, 05:38 PM
If it is of any interest my hex client stopped responding several hundred times during the tournament. Never during a match tho only between matches. This could go on between 5 sec and indefinitely.

My computer is not that bad and i have never had this problem before with the hex client.

hex_colin
06-20-2015, 05:43 PM
If it is of any interest my hex client stopped responding several hundred times during the tournament. Never during a match tho only between matches. This could go on between 5 sec and indefinitely.

My computer is not that bad and i have never had this problem before with the hex client.

Chris explained the problem in Ne0's stream. Basically they screwed over the messaging system by trying to start every match at exactly the same time at the beginning of each round. Presumably by starting 50 (or whatever) at a time every few seconds they can easily overcome the issue. It'll be better next time. :)

wolzarg
06-20-2015, 05:57 PM
The problem persists long after the start of the round even during the middle and end, not that i have any clue if that matters but figured it was worth pointing out.

Also hello colin nice to see you this lovely day. ;)

Showsni
06-20-2015, 06:01 PM
No, it's the lobby, Colin. It's just super laggy, which causes the whole game to stop responding for minutes at a time. I guess it's to be expected when the current pairings list is trying to show thousands of matches, all constantly updating as people finish their games.

wolzarg
06-20-2015, 06:21 PM
No, it's the lobby, Colin. It's just super laggy, which causes the whole game to stop responding for minutes at a time. I guess it's to be expected when the current pairings list is trying to show thousands of matches, all constantly updating as people finish their games.
This is consistent with what I'm experiencing the whole lobby at all times is either lagging or causing the entire client to stop responding.

Showsni
06-20-2015, 06:22 PM
Even the brief period you stop by the lobby in between reserves and the next game is enough to lag it out a bit. Basically, the lobby is just the worst.

ShayJawn
06-20-2015, 06:30 PM
Even the brief period you stop by the lobby in between reserves and the next game is enough to lag it out a bit. Basically, the lobby is just the worst.
experienced the same issues with the lobby

Graydeath
06-20-2015, 06:34 PM

+1

Showsni
06-20-2015, 07:27 PM
Is Test Server still live?

Aradon
06-20-2015, 07:38 PM
Yes, we're on round 9/10 before drafts. Just started.

poizonous
06-20-2015, 08:04 PM
wow so someone is actually going to win the top heavy prize? Makes me kind of upset that anyone can earn 50 packs from this test

Aradon
06-20-2015, 08:06 PM
wow so someone is actually going to win the top heavy prize? Makes me kind of upset that anyone can earn 50 packs from this test

At least one person is 9-0 at the moment. Whether or not there is a first place probably comes down to whether the top8 draft engineering functions properly, but yeah. Looks like it's going to run to its conclusion.

Kaiba_Graysoul
06-20-2015, 08:10 PM

It was more a lottery I dont think anybody should have bad feelings we as a community got together to kill a hamster and we just about strangled it and for playing you got a lottery shot at winning 50 cards it wasn't ever gonna be a smooth tourni where luck and skill played equal parts.

katkillad
06-20-2015, 08:15 PM
If someone actually sat through the 9+ hours of that tournament to the finish, they deserve whatever prizes were promised.

poizonous
06-20-2015, 08:18 PM
Well I had client open all day and wasnt even home and ended up with 3 wins... so really i dont think anyone deserves 50 packs for this... a lot of people have agreed that the top heavy prize payout was very unnecessary for what was proven to be a "Who can survive the bugs best" event

purehybrid
06-20-2015, 08:32 PM
Well I had client open all day and wasnt even home and ended up with 3 wins...
Haha nice! I woke up at 330am my time, I had literally ONE real game (r1 g1) in over 4 hours of client restarting. Glad I went back to bed though, as even now, in round 10, the client won't respond and just glitches window in window over and over again.

for what was proven to be a "Who can survive the bugs best" event
Heh, I can't agree with this line enough.

Showsni
06-20-2015, 08:33 PM
Had the best tiebreaks of all the 8-1, and then the lobby lag took so long before round ten that I timed out game one and sideboarding, then it tried to "re"connect me to game two and failed. :(

Flairina
06-20-2015, 08:35 PM
Well I had client open all day and wasnt even home and ended up with 3 wins...

My client froze every time I tried to open it past round 1, so I don't think I even had a chance at that. ^^;

Mokog
06-20-2015, 08:56 PM
My round 10 is done. I am curious how it all ends :-P

Fyren
06-20-2015, 09:00 PM
My round 10 is done. I am curious how it all ends :-P

Yeah, not being able to look at the standings because of a client freeze is frustrating. @.@

poizonous
06-20-2015, 09:00 PM
1 10 wins 6 9 wins and a tiebreaker to decide the 8 win player

Graydeath
06-20-2015, 09:10 PM
i went 5-1 then it start to freeze every round after 6 i loss the first game because it' didn't start, i have to restart and i was in the sideboard screen... 2 of the round i probably would loss even if i played it without disconnection... so in the end i went 6-4

I'm happy i was able to go up to the end... it's past 6 AM here

Armies
06-20-2015, 09:14 PM
ya I played 8 rounds and round 9 never started and my losses were from no hand bugs and one person beat me with a bugged card(mimic) as top 8 was impossible at that point just gave up trying to restart the client multiple times, I hope we get participation prizes as there is no way this does not fall under normal completion of the tournament

Aradon
06-20-2015, 09:27 PM
Tournament rounds just finished, top 8 draft is underway. I think this might the first stress test tournament to complete, and with some impressive numbers too.

MasterN64
06-20-2015, 09:34 PM
Managed to place 48. Had a bug loss and the other two were huge mana screw and topdeck foolery to make me lose.

Last round i lost to a top deck fish hands. Fish hands! I was disgusted. Doubly so as the first game i was stuck on 2 for like 8 turns.

IronPheasant
06-20-2015, 09:55 PM
dat five million instantiations of Unity graphics objects per second. : D

Last round i lost to a top deck fish hands. Fish hands! I was disgusted. Doubly so as the first game i was stuck on 2 for like 8 turns.

Welcome to the magical world of sealed~! : P

I won one game by NOT re-playing Gront the Infinite after it got bounced. I lost another by playing Gront the Infinite who got whacked by a mesmerize. Dementia Daisies got him the durdling win. In my mind, I could have gotten my Forgotten Monarch out to counteract the life drain. But into the graveyard he went.

Gront is now my least favorite card in the game.

If someone actually sat through the 9+ hours of that tournament to the finish, they deserve whatever prizes were promised.

I'd say. At scarce minimum.

For 12 hours, ~15 packs wouldn't be too much. The rewards listed, if that's what they go with, participation until the end would probably drop like a rock if they ever wanted to do something like this again. Once is a novelty, but there were better things I could have done with my Saturday.

(That is a lie, of course there wasn't.)

Phenteo
06-20-2015, 11:18 PM
Thank you very much for your feedback! We truly appreciate all the hard work and determination to push through! We're going to work through all of the great data we pulled and review all the bug reports. We definitely could not have done this without the community. When we regroup Monday we should have more information to post!

Mejis
06-20-2015, 11:23 PM
Thank you very much for your feedback! We truly appreciate all the hard work and determination to push through! We're going to work through all of the great data we pulled and review all the bug reports. We definitely could not have done this without the community. When we regroup Monday we should have more information to post!

Great stuff. I'm very sorry I wasn't able to participate in the stress tourny due to timing, but great work to the team and everyone who did participate.

primer
06-20-2015, 11:25 PM
FYI the result of the top 8 draft. The server shut down during the finals :eek:

Cernz
06-21-2015, 12:10 AM
First and last 10 round sealed of my life :) ... tireeed

Edswor
06-21-2015, 01:12 AM
After 8 rounds (5 wins - 3 losses) and being 4am I dropped from the tournament, but I'm glad you obtain a lot of useful data.

bootlace
06-21-2015, 03:51 AM

Please also review the problems relating to actually installing the client. There were a bunch of people who couldn't even install the test server properly and I hope this is not ignored. I personally tried every single work around suggested and a bunch more for more than 6 hours and simply couldn't solve it. At least offer people an alternate download location for the extracted files through BitTorrent technology perhaps in the worst case where you can't identify the problem.

szimek
06-21-2015, 05:34 AM
Congrats on the tournament. yeah it had some issues, bugs, etc. But it's the first time we had so many people AND tournament still went all 10 rounds. So great job improving mass tournaments! :)

I must admit it wasn't easy one because of the length, especially for those from Europe. Watching sunrise while playing HEX - priceless :D It was fun, thanks for the tournament and i think i'm gona go to bed and sleep some more. I hope that the dream about 8 glowing circles chasing me, won't return :P

Xenavire
06-21-2015, 06:50 AM
I just want to go on record saying that it being so many rounds was rough, and the bugs sucked, but otherwise it was pretty fun, all things considered. As epic as it was, I hope large scale tournaments aren't common at that length. 10+ hours is insane, especially when it starts at 8pm local time.

Graydeath
06-21-2015, 07:54 AM
I just want to go on record saying that it being so many rounds was rough, and the bugs sucked, but otherwise it was pretty fun, all things considered. As epic as it was, I hope large scale tournaments aren't common at that length. 10+ hours is insane, especially when it starts at 8pm local time.

I'm from Europe to, stay on until 6am was real hard

wolzarg
06-21-2015, 08:12 AM
I'm from Europe to, stay on until 6am was real hard
Yep i know what you mean i was there until some time between 5 and 6. Not that i could actually play because my client crashed every time it tried to reconnect to the tournament but i figured i stayed that long might as well push it and see if i can get in or give them some extra data.

Cernz
06-21-2015, 09:24 AM
+ draft Finals... went to bed at 8am and did sleep until 9am... had to go to a soccer match with my son lol...

Mahes
06-21-2015, 09:31 AM
I am NOT a fan of the mega time based tournaments. I have to much that needs doing in my life to commit 6-10 hours for an event for what might be multiple days. I have a hard enough time setting aside blocks just to draft. The new asynch will help me get back into constructed simply because I can do it in small chunks of time.

Kami
06-21-2015, 09:32 AM

I don't think it'll be much of an issue once asynch is in. The only other thing I can think to add is a pairing algorithm on top of that.

For example: A tournament is ran over a period of 3 days instead.

Players can play as many rounds as they wish within that time but the first round must be played at tournament start.

After that, each player who continues to play is paired with someone with an equivalent number of wins or the lowest number of wins above them that they have not played against for each time they join the tournament pairing queue again. If the players is at the top, they will be paired with the next highest ranked player that they have not played against.

The tournament will officially end when the last round that started is concluded. Rounds are not synchronous so even the last round for a pair of players could start at 1 minute before tournament closure.

Ranking would be dynamic. Players would be sorted by those with the most wins, fewest losses and so forth.

This would mean that if you have a 6-0, you would have to make a decision whether to play more rounds to beat a player with a 7-1 as you could end up with a 6-1 instead.

Just an idea... still needs to be fleshed out to be viable. :P

Poetic
06-21-2015, 10:02 AM
If the game gets as big as we hope, expect grueling all day multi day tournaments. I just wonder how they'll go about it schedule wise. Maybe alternate based on time zones. This is an all digital game, but like MTG w/ Pro Tours or Grand Prix. They take place all over the world.

poizonous
06-21-2015, 10:35 AM
Kami I dont think your format will work, as what happens to the people who want to play their games when they can but no one else in in that round anymore? What happens when someone gets up to round 5 or 6 of that tournament and no one else is up to there and then the person who got to that round first runs out of time to play?

There are too many moving variables in that type of format

Kami
06-21-2015, 10:59 AM
Kami I dont think your format will work, as what happens to the people who want to play their games when they can but no one else in in that round anymore? What happens when someone gets up to round 5 or 6 of that tournament and no one else is up to there and then the person who got to that round first runs out of time to play?

There are too many moving variables in that type of format

Well, I did say it would need to be fleshed out more. :P

Gwaer
06-21-2015, 12:07 PM
okay, i pretty much went to bed immediately after this tournament was over, sitting at my computer from 11:30 am to after midnight was harder on me than expected, after not having a computer for roughly two weeks leading up to the event.

My thoughts, I had difficulty installing the test client, but it was due to my semi-uncommon setup, my system drive doesn't have the room to download the client, it was a bit of a pain to work around, and couldn't find a place to change the location of its temporary files. This is not uncommon, I really just need to reinstall my windows onto a new larger drive, and will probably do that with win10.

The payouts for the tournament were not at all worthwhile for the amount of time those of us who finished all 10 rounds of the tournament, even for the person who eventually won. It was a great deal of work, dedication to sit through games not launching, and then suddenly launching later, etc. I did it because it needed to be done, and your genuine praise goes a long way to making it worthwhile.

It's my understanding that the launching bugs could easily be fixed, the being unable to rejoin a game if you lost connection was a big problem, and the hand not appearing bug is new to my knowledge and i experienced it multiple times, and many of my opponents experienced it at least once as well.

It's clear that huge progression has been made on the unlimited tournaments, the fact that it finished, and people did actually manage to play all 10 games is fantastic. So well done everyone. Congrats to literally everyone who powered through all 10 rounds. You're all scholars and gentlemen. A further kudos to the top 8 if you actually drafted, and played to an eventual winner, that was a time commitment well above and beyond. Something like 15 hours for making hex better, I for one deeply appreciate that commitment.

Svenn
06-21-2015, 08:07 PM
Please also review the problems relating to actually installing the client. There were a bunch of people who couldn't even install the test server properly and I hope this is not ignored. I personally tried every single work around suggested and a bunch more for more than 6 hours and simply couldn't solve it. At least offer people an alternate download location for the extracted files through BitTorrent technology perhaps in the worst case where you can't identify the problem.

Having the extracted files didn't matter. My PC couldn't play at all. I downloaded and installed it on my Surface Pro and it ran just fine. I copied the fully installed files over to my PC... and the patcher just tried to re-download it all anyway and still didn't work.

vickrpg
06-22-2015, 10:12 AM
Having the extracted files didn't matter. My PC couldn't play at all. I downloaded and installed it on my Surface Pro and it ran just fine. I copied the fully installed files over to my PC... and the patcher just tried to re-download it all anyway and still didn't work.
I tried this and did get it to work. Downloaded full install on other computer, ran hex.exe as administrator, it tries to run the patcher, you don't let it. Then Hex test boots up normally.

Saeijou
06-22-2015, 02:38 PM

*looking at watch impatiently* ;)

hex_colin
06-22-2015, 02:40 PM
*looking at watch impatiently* ;)

Still a lot of Monday PDT left. ;)

Saeijou
06-22-2015, 02:44 PM
Still a lot of Monday PDT left. ;)

Well... it's nearly the "normal" update time ;)

Bararuku
06-22-2015, 06:25 PM
Yesterday was the only day i could do it. Im stuck in the up till tomorrow :(