PDA

View Full Version : June VIP Weekend

Shaqattaq
06-22-2015, 10:07 AM
June VIP is happening from the 26th through the 28th. This tournament features the Sealed Deck format with two Armies of Myth alternate art cards as prizes! Due to Armies of Myth cards not currently being available in the game, winners will receive these cards at a future date. Players will not receive these cards at the end of the event, nor will there be an item in your stash as a placeholder for these cards.

https://www.hextcg.com/june-vip-dates/

Eetabee
06-22-2015, 10:50 AM
Any plans to ever make these open to people who missed VIP sign ups last year? These are scheduled tournaments that actually fire with a good amount of people and would be a lot of fun for everyone, not just those who were able to VIP. I don't even care about the AAs. I'd just like to be able to participate in the tournaments.

Shaqattaq
06-22-2015, 10:55 AM
Yes, we are actively working on a solution to that problem. I can't say when we will launch that solution, though.

katkillad
06-22-2015, 11:20 AM
Yes, we are actively working on a solution to that problem. I can't say when we will launch that solution, though.

This is great news!

Eetabee
06-22-2015, 11:55 AM
Awesome, thanks Shaq!

Yoss
06-22-2015, 06:06 PM

Good to know. Maybe just crank up the plat cost when you don't bring a ticket?

poizonous
06-23-2015, 05:44 AM
Good to know. Maybe just crank up the plat cost when you don't bring a ticket?

This is a good solution, making non VIP members pay the extra 400 plat (Vip monthly fee) to enter the tournament seems viable, but then the question is with all the extra people does it hurt ur help AA reward prices?

ghulzen
06-23-2015, 10:04 PM
This is a good solution, making non VIP members pay the extra 400 plat (Vip monthly fee) to enter the tournament seems viable, but then the question is with all the extra people does it hurt ur help AA reward prices?

That 400 plat fee gets them 4 packs a month though too.

poizonous
06-24-2015, 01:52 AM
The packs have nothing to do with it. You want access to the tournament you pay the VIP fee without the other VIP perks

fido_one
06-24-2015, 06:42 AM
The packs have nothing to do with it. You want access to the tournament you pay the VIP fee without the other VIP perks

I reluctantly agree; I feel crazy privileged to still have VIP, but due to the way it was rolled out it's not like I have it because I am a super dedicated Hex player who was there at the right time. That is part of it, but I just felt that I was following the game, had the credit and prepaid enough to line up the one year offer and be aware that the offer existed out of random happenstance more-so than dedication to the beta/alpha process.

So even though I still have it and I love exclusivity, this one wasn't earned and they really should open it up for the general public.

Though please let us finish these AA runs for these cards under the current program - I have/had specific designs on how many VIP non-expiring tickets to use, and want to use them on the last set of VIP AAs as the population dwindles (if I can last that long) - opening it back up for this round would agitate me as I wouldn't be spending those super valuable non-expiring VIP tickets right now.

Fyren
06-26-2015, 12:03 PM
I reluctantly agree; I feel crazy privileged to still have VIP, but due to the way it was rolled out it's not like I have it because I am a super dedicated Hex player who was there at the right time. That is part of it, but I just felt that I was following the game, had the credit and prepaid enough to line up the one year offer and be aware that the offer existed out of random happenstance more-so than dedication to the beta/alpha process.

So even though I still have it and I love exclusivity, this one wasn't earned and they really should open it up for the general public.

Though please let us finish these AA runs for these cards under the current program - I have/had specific designs on how many VIP non-expiring tickets to use, and want to use them on the last set of VIP AAs as the population dwindles (if I can last that long) - opening it back up for this round would agitate me as I wouldn't be spending those super valuable non-expiring VIP tickets right now.

I feel that the VIP program as it stands is a highly negative thing for Hex; Running out the current 4-month cycle before opening up the program to others would be fine.