PDA

View Full Version : [PvE] Cloud King trigger question

Hrinkell
06-23-2015, 07:21 AM
If the wording at both Cloud King and Crown of the Cloud King remain as it is, does it mean a single King with crown equiped will trigger itself??
Note sacrifice is the cost, and effect "Put all elementals from your graveyard into play" would bring the sacrified King to play, allowing an easy (trivial) infinite loop.

Is this intended?
May be Crown of the Cloud King wording needs a rework?
May be Cloud King should have troop type different from "Elemental"?

PS: Move to the proper sub-forum if needed.

nicosharp
06-23-2015, 07:35 AM
I can't say for sure how it will play, but because Sacrifice is a cost that happens instantly before the effect resolves, I believe this could happen.

The closest card I can think of now that throws things into the graveyard through sacrifice is the gift of yazukan, but you can not target those troops sacrificed in the graveyard.. So, if the effect is similar to this, the second part may resolve before the king is considered in the graveyard...but again, I'm not 100% sure.

facade
06-23-2015, 07:54 AM
Cloud King was actually visible in the Library when you clicked Show All and you could see it's equipment. Now I don't remember for sure, but I recall that the ability on the equipment in the client said "Void this: put all elementals from your graveyard into play." That would solve the infinite loop problem.

Fred
06-23-2015, 09:00 AM
The closest card I can think of now that throws things into the graveyard through sacrifice is the gift of yazukan, but you can not target those troops sacrificed in the graveyard.

The only reason you couldn't select the sacrificed troops is that, just as it is the case for any other action or effect, you need to select the target(s) *before* you pay the cost. Since sacrificing is part of the cost, the troops are not in the graveyard when it is time to select targets. It is not the case here, because there is no targetting. The effect is put on the chain after the cost has been payed, so by the time the effect resolves, Cloud King is in the graveyard.

nicosharp
06-23-2015, 10:45 AM
The only reason you couldn't select the sacrificed troops is that, just as it is the case for any other action or effect, you need to select the target(s) *before* you pay the cost. Since sacrificing is part of the cost, the troops are not in the graveyard when it is time to select targets. It is not the case here, because there is no targetting. The effect is put on the chain after the cost has been payed, so by the time the effect resolves, Cloud King is in the graveyard.

Yes, very true and very well aware. which makes it different, and it should bounce back into play, if the language is still Sacrifice.