PDA

View Full Version : How does token resouce card work on Set 3?

MugenMusou
06-23-2015, 07:34 AM
Ones like Prevent: Shard, Suffering/Pain, Highland's blackbelt ability. How do they work? Do they really create a resource card type token card, and goes into your hand? So you can only use them as resource i.e. won't be able to use another resource when you use them? Or are they just placeholder card type, and in reality the effects are instantaneous?

Axle
06-23-2015, 07:39 AM
It's the exact same screen as when you play Shards of Fate or any multi-resource card.

1. The game gives you multiple options and you select 1.
2. The effect of the option you picked is put into play.

MugenMusou
06-23-2015, 07:41 AM
It's the exact same screen as when you play Shards of Fate or any multi-resource card.

1. The game gives you multiple options and you select 1.
2. The effect of the option you picked is put into play.

I see. That makes sense. Thanks

vickrpg
06-23-2015, 08:38 AM
I'm worried about them being included in the random generation list of pact of life's equip. Currently the Shards of Fate Choose a resource cards are generated sometimes =/

MasterN64
06-23-2015, 09:42 AM
Ya i was under the impression the resource cards were a placeholder for what is going to be inside the client.

DocX
06-23-2015, 02:04 PM
Looking at the card definitions for the Prevent: [WHATEVER] cards, they're resource cards but they have an indication that they don't grant resources. They look like they're placeholders for the effect being enacted and are called out when a choice is needing to be made and displayed to the player. There are several of these types of pseudo-cards in the game.

To vickrpg's concern, looking at all of the resources, it looks like the basic Shards (Blood, Sapphire, Ruby, Wild, Diamond) all have the subtype of 'Standard'. If I were implementing the 'Helm of Life' equipment for 'Pact of Life' that says "[(5)] [ARROWR] Create a random resource and put it into your hand' (via http://doc-x.net/hex/search.rb?output_format=html_card_table&name=pact+of+life), I'd filter on cards of type 'Resource' and subtype 'Standard'. That would get the 5 basic shards and none of the fancy ones (Shards of Fate, Crackling Vortex, Shards of Ancients, etc).

But that's just me. Who knows what the Hex folks did for this.

vickrpg
06-24-2015, 01:57 PM
Looking at the card definitions for the Prevent: [WHATEVER] cards, they're resource cards but they have an indication that they don't grant resources. They look like they're placeholders for the effect being enacted and are called out when a choice is needing to be made and displayed to the player. There are several of these types of pseudo-cards in the game.

To vickrpg's concern, looking at all of the resources, it looks like the basic Shards (Blood, Sapphire, Ruby, Wild, Diamond) all have the subtype of 'Standard'. If I were implementing the 'Helm of Life' equipment for 'Pact of Life' that says "[(5)] [ARROWR] Create a random resource and put it into your hand' (via http://doc-x.net/hex/search.rb?output_format=html_card_table&name=pact+of+life), I'd filter on cards of type 'Resource' and subtype 'Standard'. That would get the 5 basic shards and none of the fancy ones (Shards of Fate, Crackling Vortex, Shards of Ancients, etc).

But that's just me. Who knows what the Hex folks did for this.
I think it was their intent to give the helm the "fancy" ones. But currently, it's also giving things that give no charge, no resources and no threshold.