PDA

View Full Version : are more PVP formats coming?

Phoenixfire
06-24-2015, 07:01 AM
While I understand some like pvp and I am impressed by the arena, I am mainly a PVP'er

I want to know if there are any plans for a FFA or 2v2 Format any time soon?

Kami
06-24-2015, 07:09 AM
Yes, stuff like that is definitely coming. No, there is no ETA.

Thrawn
06-24-2015, 07:33 AM
Soon™

Poetic
06-24-2015, 07:43 AM
I want more formats as well, but I don't think we have the player base to support too many. Stretch everyone too thin and it'll make it harder for specific things to fire.

I really want a commander equivalent down the road.

Mahes
06-24-2015, 07:45 AM
Soon™

Helps to recognize the owner of the Trademark.

Soon is trademarked by the Blizzard corporation and can only be used with full recognition in the appropriate situation. In this case the situation is indeed appropriate.

Kami
06-24-2015, 07:57 AM
I want more formats as well, but I don't think we have the player base to support too many. Stretch everyone too thin and it'll make it harder for specific things to fire.

I really want a commander equivalent down the road.

I'd argue that multiplayer formats would actually bring more players in, in general.

Xenavire
06-24-2015, 07:59 AM
I'd argue that multiplayer formats would actually bring more players in, in general.

I agree with this. Would be a good selling point to players from Hearthstone etc where multiplayer will never be a thing without some drastic changes.

Mike411
06-24-2015, 09:00 AM
2v2 is confirmed to come eventually. When 2v2 or raids come, I'm certainly going to make more of an effort to pull some more people into Hex. Check out the Yoss list at http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=35429 if you want more things to look forward to.

Yoss
06-24-2015, 01:09 PM
I'm hoping for Emperor, personally. That and Player-as-Raid-Boss.

Zophie
06-24-2015, 01:14 PM
2v2 and other 3+ player formats is pretty much the biggest feature I've been waiting for since the beginning, next to full PVE.

Xenavire
06-24-2015, 01:46 PM
2v2 and other 3+ player formats is pretty much the biggest feature I've been waiting for since the beginning, next to full PVE.

As much as I hate to admit it, I want FFA more than PvE right now - because PvE represents grinding, and FFA represents relaxing. :p

Other than that they are pretty much tied.

Svenn
06-24-2015, 01:52 PM
As much as I hate to admit it, I want FFA more than PvE right now - because PvE represents grinding, and FFA represents relaxing. :p

Other than that they are pretty much tied.

FFA! I want it so bad.

Zophie
06-24-2015, 01:57 PM
FFA! I want it so bad.

I also love how most of the cards are already designed to support 3+ player formats, they don't assume there is just one opponent, and make you target someone specific, or they target all champions or opposing champions. I can't wait to go back into the prior sets and see how the metas for FFA, 2v2, etc shake out.

vickrpg
06-24-2015, 01:59 PM
If(when) they implement FFA, I suggest they also implement a table flip animation for forfeit.

Zophie
06-24-2015, 02:02 PM
If(when) they implement FFA, I suggest they also implement a table flip animation for forfeit.

Hahaha, as much as I love FFA, I totally know the feeling of getting ganged up on in 3 player WoWTCG games, my friends always considered me the biggest threat and focused on taking me out as soon as possible. There was definitely a lot of "friendly banter" flying around the table during those games ;)