PDA

View Full Version : Simple QOL improvement for Card Manager

Zarien
06-24-2015, 06:28 PM
Something I think that would be really nice long term, especially considering most of us have pretty big card inventories, is saving whatever cards we were looking at last on the screen in our card manager when we navigate away from the page.

For example: I want to look at my extra legendary cards so I can auction them off, I go to my card manager, set filters by rarity and look up my cards. I then navigate to the auction house, look up prices, and navigate back. Those same filter settings, or results, are still in place. Rather than applying advanced filters and browsing all over again.

It would just make it a much more seamless process. I realize long term that HEX plans on implementing some kind of "binder" type system or along those lines for organization, but would it be hard to implement this feature for the meantime? Appreciate everyone's input!

Skirovik
06-24-2015, 06:45 PM
I just wish I could expand the collection to the whole page instead of half being cut-off by the deck, like it used to be. Sometimes I'm just looking through my collection for inspiration and would rather have twice the number of cards on screen compared to now.

purehybrid
06-24-2015, 08:19 PM
Ooh, I have one too... I'd like to be able to free scroll instead of clunky line scrolling :)

Mejis
06-24-2015, 08:28 PM
Ooh, I have one too... I'd like to be able to free scroll instead of clunky line scrolling :)

This *10, and the suggestion above about re-implementing full-screen mode.

I'm actually teaching myself Unity 5 and C# at the moment (zero programming experience before this, but the first three beginner tutorials have taught me a huge amount) and one of my short-term project goals is to make a little separate card explorer for HEX for myself (I assume this is OK for me to do?). I'm initially doing it with just the cards from a set, rather than a linked collection from e.g. the API, but there are some specific goals I want to achieve:

* The ability to freely zoom in and out over cards
* The ability to freely pan up/down and left/right across the cards

This is so I can see a set, e.g. AoM, and just fly around it, exploring the cards smoothly and easily, as a way to immerse myself in a set and its possibilities.

Over time I'll try to add things such as automatically instantiating into arrays of cards in grid dimensions specified by user input, filtering by shard etc.

I know that hextcgbrowser is already wonderful for browsing cards, but the above are my goals as a Unity newbie.
So far I just have a card prefab made up, with front image and back, and I've been playing with mouse-over scripting to add a little bit of feeling to thins when you hover over the cards in 3d space..

israel.kendall
06-24-2015, 10:02 PM
Your method of listing things on the AH sounds like pure hell man, just get a piece of paper and pen.

Oroniss
06-24-2015, 10:58 PM
To the OP, when selling stuff on the AH, I find it is easier to do the filtering etc. in the AH add card window itself. There it does save your filtering as long as you don't exit the AH screen, so it makes it easier to browse your legendaries, look up prices, list, etc.

It still doesn't save your ordering settings though, which is annoying.

Having said that, I would still love to see these options appear in the card manager as well. At the moment it is functional, but there are plenty of quality of life improvements that would be nice (I'm sure they're coming, just a question of when).

Sethanon
06-25-2015, 01:32 AM
Regarding this, please add filter to see cards you have less than 4, exactly 4 and more than 4 :)

Skirovik
06-25-2015, 01:51 AM
Regarding this, please add filter to see cards you have less than 4, exactly 4 and more than 4 :)

Oooh yeah I like this.

Zarien
06-25-2015, 04:50 AM

I like that too. And a lot of the other changes mentioned. My post was really just about saving our filter settings, but there are obviously a ton of QOL changes card manager needs.

nicetodd
06-25-2015, 10:02 AM
Would like to be able to list cards I want to auction from any tab via right click. Specifically, if I am searching prices and I want to list mine, should just be able to right click and choose to do so. This would cut out so much screen shifting.

Fred
06-25-2015, 10:30 AM

You can already sort by quantity owned. Once sorted, all the "more than 4" appear at the top, "exactly 4" are together in the middle, and "less than 4" are at the bottom.

Svenn
06-25-2015, 10:36 AM
You can already sort by quantity owned. Once sorted, all the "more than 4" appear at the top, "exactly 4" are together in the middle, and "less than 4" are at the bottom.

Yeah, but I want to filter by these values. I can't sort by quantity AND cost, for example.

regomar
06-25-2015, 10:45 AM
I just wish I could expand the collection to the whole page instead of half being cut-off by the deck, like it used to be. Sometimes I'm just looking through my collection for inspiration and would rather have twice the number of cards on screen compared to now.

THIS! This is my number 1 want. Should be so simple. It's really confusing why we can't look at our cards full screen in a trading card game.

Yoss
06-25-2015, 10:51 AM
Would like to be able to list cards I want to auction from any tab via right click. Specifically, if I am searching prices and I want to list mine, should just be able to right click and choose to do so. This would cut out so much screen shifting.

Love this.

Thoom
06-25-2015, 01:00 PM
Honestly, I'd just like the card manager to be about an order of magnitude faster. I assume HexEnt wants this just as much as I do though, so I assume it's in the works, and I'm not too fussed about it.

If I were redesigning it, I'd start by promoting the filters to their own panel, about the same size as the champion/stats panel with the advanced filters always visible. Then I'd replace scrolling through the collection with a paged/binder interface like Hearthstone. The current scrolling solution is clearly a huge performance hog, and scrolling doesn't really make sense for a 1,000 item list (that will eventually be a 10,000 or even 100,000 item list in the future as Hex grows). With a paged interface, I imagine search would be way faster, since it would only have to load the first ~20 matches for a query.

Mejis
06-25-2015, 03:07 PM
Honestly, I'd just like the card manager to be about an order of magnitude faster. I assume HexEnt wants this just as much as I do though, so I assume it's in the works, and I'm not too fussed about it.

The odd thing is that scrolling works smoothly (and is not a set at intervals) in the bottom of the card manager compared to the top.