PDA

View Full Version : Set 4 card idea

Thoom
06-24-2015, 07:35 PM
Deepgaze Mime (Uncommon)
1 cost, 1 Diamond
Necrotic Troop
(1/1)
When a power is shifted, revert this. This gets a copy of that power.
"Ruby, Sapphire, Diamond, and Blood..."

Crazed Mime Posse (Rare)
4 cost, 1 Diamond
Quick Action
Create three Deepgaze Mimes and put them into play.
"...filthy Wild shards, how do they work?"

dogmod
06-24-2015, 07:45 PM
Deepgaze Mime (Uncommon)
1 cost, 1 Diamond
Necrotic Troop
(1/1)
When a power is shifted, revert this. This gets a copy of that power.
"Ruby, Sapphire, Diamond, and Blood..."

Crazed Mime Posse (Rare)
4 cost, 1 Diamond
Quick Action
Create three Deepgaze Mimes and put them into play.
"...filthy Wild shards, how do they work?"

Maybe mimics would be better.

Thoom
06-24-2015, 07:48 PM
I could see for "Deepgaze Mimic" for the troop, but it doesn't really work for the joke with the action.

Voormas
06-25-2015, 12:11 AM
Fill out the Yeti cycle!

malloc31
06-25-2015, 07:40 AM
I always think of mimes in games the way they were in final fantasy tactics (copying the actions of your other characters).

So my card text for a mime would be:

"each time another troop uses an activated ability, put a copy of that ability onto the chain"

tyra
06-26-2015, 03:38 AM
Fiery Buffalo
2 cost, 2 ruby
2/3

Thoom
06-26-2015, 11:32 AM
Winged Buffalo
3 Cost, 1 Wild
Troop -- Beast
(2/3)

Buffalord
2 cost, 1 Diamond 1 Ruby 1 Sapphire 1 Wild 1 Blood
Troop -- Human
(2/3)

Rigid Buffalos you control have Steadfast.
Rotting Buffalos you control have Lethal.
Frigid Buffalos you control have Spellshield.
Fiery Buffalos you control have Swiftstrike.
Winged Buffalos you control have Flight.

By your powers combined...

nicosharp
06-26-2015, 11:36 AM
Beefapult
4 cost, 0 threshold
Artifact
Exhaust --> As an additional cost, Sacrifice a Buffalo. Deal 4 damage to target champion or troop.

Phenteo
06-26-2015, 01:46 PM
Set 4 confirmed to be nothing but Yetis... oh and Half Life 3.

striderz
06-26-2015, 01:56 PM
We Need a Hamster Card, for all those ones that have died on the test server.

israel.kendall
06-26-2015, 02:19 PM
Need a card like this:

R.I.D. (Reverse Incubation Device)
3 cost, no threshold quick action

Transform all eggs in your deck into rotten eggs and shuffle them into target opponents deck.

Rotten Egg
Bane - Egg

When this enters your hand or graveyard, put the top card of your deck into that zone. A random spider gets -1/-1

Steelio
06-26-2015, 02:47 PM
I'd like to see a unique troop named Don Coyotle ;]

Flairina
06-26-2015, 02:57 PM
Need a card like this:

R.I.D. (Reverse Incubation Device)
3 cost, no threshold quick action

Transform all eggs in your deck into rotten eggs and shuffle them into target opponents deck.

Rotten Egg
Bane - Egg

When this enters your hand or graveyard, put the top card of your deck into that zone. A random spider gets -1/-1

This might be a bit too powerful anti-vennen. I think something like "create a copy of each egg in your deck, transform them in to rotten eggs, and put them in to your opponent's deck" might be more reasonable. You still have eggs, but so do they. Spiderlings and spiderspawns that get hit with the rotten eggs die anyways, so I feel this makes more sense.

NOBLEStarshield
06-26-2015, 03:23 PM
We Need a Hamster Card, for all those ones that have died on the test server.

Flaming Hamster
Constant
-At the start of your turn, add a counter to this. For every counter on this, each player has a 50% instant lose.

"RIP Jon the Hamster"

israel.kendall
06-26-2015, 04:42 PM
This might be a bit too powerful anti-vennen. I think something like "create a copy of each egg in your deck, transform them in to rotten eggs, and put them in to your opponent's deck" might be more reasonable. You still have eggs, but so do they. Spiderlings and spiderspawns that get hit with the rotten eggs die anyways, so I feel this makes more sense.

Yeah it's just an idea off the top of my head, I haven't like fleshed it out or really given it more than 10 minutes thought actually lol. I don't think it's too powerful though. Spiderlings and spiderspawn can be buffed and would only get -1/-1, and also Terrorantulas, giant spiderspawn, and infiltrator bot, and whatever other spiders are coming with set 4. Will R.I.D. even be in your sideboard, and how many copies? Will you play it with only 4 or 5 eggs in your deck or gamble and wait for more? Then also your opponent may not even draw into them.

Xavon
06-26-2015, 04:54 PM
Repost these here, with a few modifications:

Royal Omelet Chef - :diamond::diamond: (2) - Rare
TROOP - Human Cleric

At the start of your turn, if the top card of your deck is an egg, void it. Then gain 1 health and [Royal Omelet Chef] gains +1/+1

"Your majesty, why did you bring your chef to the front lines?"
"Have you seen what he can do with a Cluckodon egg?"
0/2

Shell Cracker - Rare - Weapon
Your [Royal Omelet Chef] has: "If there are 4 or more eggs in your void, this has Spellshield.
If there are 8 or more eggs in your void, this has Invincible."

Cluckodon Egg - :wild: (1) - Uncommon
TROOP - Bird Dinosaur Egg
Defensive
When a card is created and added to your deck, if this is in play or in your hand or deck, this gets one Hatching counter.

[1-SHOT] (0): If this has 3 or more Hatching counters, transform it into a [Succulent Roostasaur] and put it into play.

[1-SHOT] (0): If this has 6 or more Hatching counters, transform it into a [Succulent Cluckodon] and put it into play.
0/1

Clockwork Egg - 2 - Rare
ARTIFACT - Egg

(2) Sacrifice this: Reveal the top three cards of your deck. Choose up to one to add to your hand, and put the rest at the bottom of your deck.

Even though they are officially allies, the Dwarves don't mind mocking the Vennin.

israel.kendall
06-26-2015, 04:59 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2388885857/35fnvw1lwqfqg07vove1.jpeg

Flairina
06-26-2015, 06:02 PM
Yeah it's just an idea off the top of my head, I haven't like fleshed it out or really given it more than 10 minutes thought actually lol. I don't think it's too powerful though. Spiderlings and spiderspawn can be buffed and would only get -1/-1, and also Terrorantulas, giant spiderspawn, and infiltrator bot, and whatever other spiders are coming with set 4. Will R.I.D. even be in your sideboard, and how many copies? Will you play it with only 4 or 5 eggs in your deck or gamble and wait for more? Then also your opponent may not even draw into them.

Let's be honest, no one is going to use Giant Spiderspawn outside of drafts, Infiltrator Bot's presence is likely to be minimal, and Terrorantulas are only playable through Phenteo, who is going to be extremely expensive and rare. You forget, you took OUT all the eggs in your deck playing that card. So the person playing Vennen would essentially have to start over; you seem to assume they'd be playing more spiders regardless. It essentially turns the entire game around on its own and likely erases the majority of what the opponent has done up until now. I get what you're saying but I stand by that card being too strong the way you've imagined it. Maybe at a higher cost, but as is it would destroy any point of using Vennen at all since literally everyone would use that to counter them.

Xavon's ideas are cool though (as I believe I stated on the original board), particularly with the equipment. Too bad equipment can't be used in pvp yet.

Xavon
06-26-2015, 06:28 PM
And to add a bit more:

Hatchery Armor - Uncommon - Chest
DECK BUILDING: For each [Succulent Cluckodon] in your deck, you may include two additional [Cluckodon Eggs], to a max of 10.

Amber Bracelet - Rare - Trinket
Your [Cluckodon Eggs] also have: "[1-SHOT] (0): If this has 10 or more Hatching counters, transform it into a [Gigantisaur] and put it into play. "

israel.kendall
06-26-2015, 09:36 PM
Let's be honest, no one is going to use Giant Spiderspawn outside of drafts, Infiltrator Bot's presence is likely to be minimal, and Terrorantulas are only playable through Phenteo, who is going to be extremely expensive and rare. You forget, you took OUT all the eggs in your deck playing that card. So the person playing Vennen would essentially have to start over; you seem to assume they'd be playing more spiders regardless. It essentially turns the entire game around on its own and likely erases the majority of what the opponent has done up until now. I get what you're saying but I stand by that card being too strong the way you've imagined it. Maybe at a higher cost, but as is it would destroy any point of using Vennen at all since literally everyone would use that to counter them.

Xavon's ideas are cool though (as I believe I stated on the original board), particularly with the equipment. Too bad equipment can't be used in pvp yet.

What about cosmic totem vs mill or total meltdown vs artifact based decks? I'm sure there are more examples.

Flairina
06-26-2015, 11:16 PM
What about cosmic totem vs mill or total meltdown vs artifact based decks? I'm sure there are more examples.

Sure, they would be total deck/field resets. However, against a Mill Deck, Cosmic Totem has a huge chance of being milled itself, or being destroyed while it's on the field. You'll also note it voids itself so it can't be played repeatedly or retrieved. Total Meltdown is specific to Ruby, and artifact decks aren't a huge archetype outside of the dwarf/robot deck- I'm sure a lot of competitive ruby decks DO keep some of those in the sideboard just in case they come up against said type of deck.

What you suggested is a cheap, usable in all decks, quick action artifact that instantly makes playing Vennen decks useless. Literally nobody would NOT have four of that card, at least in their side deck. Perhaps if Vennen weren't a primary focus/race, particularly in this set, but they are. Unless you make it weaker- cost it up, remove quick action, make it require threshold, use the copy suggestion, etc.- this is too powerful against all Vennen decks to be feasible to implement.

israel.kendall
06-26-2015, 11:48 PM
Well we disagree, that's cool I don't think I'll change your mind. But it's not like it's going to be a real card or anything anyways.