PDA

View Full Version : duplicious duke

wasichu
06-25-2015, 08:24 AM
so does this card give a card must attack and the ability to make a one time copy of a toop that gets voided at end of turn. but the troop you shifted it on stays right and not voided. or do both get voided.

Showsni
06-25-2015, 08:46 AM
so does this card give a card must attack and the ability to make a one time copy of a toop that gets voided at end of turn. but the troop you shifted it on stays right and not voided. or do both get voided.

Only the copy gets voided. The troop with the ability shifted on still has to attack, but if it survives can stick around to make another copy next turn.

Aradon
06-25-2015, 08:46 AM
The original Duke gets 'This must attack.' It will have to attack. It also creates a copy of itself that must attack. The copy will be voided, however, at the end of combat. The original Duke will remain, assuming he doesn't die in combat.

When he shifts his power, he won't need to attack and he won't get copies, but whatever he shifts to will now need to attack, and you'll get a copy of the card it shifted to, which also has to attack. Only the created copy will be voided at the end of combat.

Kaiba_Graysoul
06-25-2015, 08:53 AM
i see this card and pack raptor being good friends

ossuary
06-25-2015, 04:52 PM
Any card with a fantastic enters play ability for sure. Pack Raptor is a really good example, though. :)

velk
06-25-2015, 08:29 PM
Xocoy is probably the most degenerate target of that shift, although you could shift it to buccaneer for extra rage quit bait.

Showsni
06-26-2015, 08:11 AM
I've been using him in the Tetzot Azurefate deck. Works pretty well. The Duke copies have the comes into play from the original troop that was inspired by Azurefate, and also get inspired by Azurefate themselves, so...

ossuary
06-26-2015, 09:52 AM
Yeah, that's pretty nasty. Any of the major comes into play gems, really. Get the +X/+X gem in there and buff itself when it's created since it has speed, something like that could get pretty gross. Ruby / Wild is great for ramp and giving the troops crush, too...

wolzarg
06-26-2015, 09:55 AM
About that have we heard anything official on the replica system now working differently and now copying changes to a creature?

Rycajo
06-26-2015, 12:58 PM
About that have we heard anything official on the replica system now working differently and now copying changes to a creature?

I haven't seen anything, though now we see both "create a replica" as well as "create a copy" on cards. I would assume the main difference is a replica gains a bunch of types and loses threshold requirements. I'm really not sure if it is intended for a copy of a card is a reverted copy or not. It looks like Showsni is saying that on the test server, copies are NOT reverted, per post #7 in this thread. That is very interesting.

nicosharp
06-26-2015, 01:01 PM
Xocoy is probably the most degenerate target of that shift, although you could shift it to buccaneer for extra rage quit bait.
Since Xocoy is PvE only, and that his in-play ability is so strong...
The game should be over before you have a chance to play and use Dup Duke and kill the original given the double-unique issue.

ossuary
06-26-2015, 01:58 PM
I haven't seen anything, though now we see both "create a replica" as well as "create a copy" on cards. I would assume the main difference is a replica gains a bunch of types and loses threshold requirements. I'm really not sure if it is intended for a copy of a card is a reverted copy or not. It looks like Showsni is saying that on the test server, copies are NOT reverted, per post #7 in this thread. That is very interesting.

I've already answered this, in this thread. :)

Replicas are "vanilla" with no subsequent modifications counted (including gems), with no threshold requirement, and extra types as you said. Copies are straight-up duplicates, intended to apply ALL modifications that have happened to the troop you're targeting, resulting in an exact 100% copy of the troop at the time the copy resolves.

This could also be fun to play around with for troops that get buffed when they enter play, since they'd gain the buff the original version already had, plus add their own when they resolve (i.e. honeycap, rune ear burrower, necrophage sensei, etc.).

Xenavire
06-26-2015, 02:42 PM
I've already answered this, in this thread. :)

Replicas are "vanilla" with no subsequent modifications counted (including gems), with no threshold requirement, and extra types as you said. Copies are straight-up duplicates, intended to apply ALL modifications that have happened to the troop you're targeting, resulting in an exact 100% copy of the troop at the time the copy resolves.

This could also be fun to play around with for troops that get buffed when they enter play, since they'd gain the buff the original version already had, plus add their own when they resolve (i.e. honeycap, rune ear burrower, necrophage sensei, etc.).

Replicas do copy gems Oss, it is sounding like you say they don't. Replicas are simply a copy of the card as it existed when you started the game (so if it had gems, the replica has gems.) Any modifications to the card after the game starts are ignored.

nicosharp
06-26-2015, 02:57 PM
Replicas do copy gems Oss, it is sounding like you say they don't. Replicas are simply a copy of the card as it existed when you started the game (so if it had gems, the replica has gems.) Any modifications to the card after the game starts are ignored.
I'm sooo confused...

Xenavire
06-26-2015, 03:15 PM
I'm sooo confused...

Ok, let me break this down - a replica looks at the card as it existed when you started the game (so including gems but ignoring everything else.) So you could get replicas that have 1-shots even though the original already used it's 1-shot ability, etc.

Copy, on the other hand, seems to copy everything (modifications, gems, etc.) This means it would 'remember' that a 1-shot had been used already.

Replicas have the added bonus of becoming artifacts, gaining some subtypes (robot and replica), and losing the unique tag.

Note that if you make a modification to an existing replica, and then copy it, the replica that is created would keep the modifications. This is neat with things like Periwinkle (you could return a replica to your hand after it has been modified somehow, and recast it - meaning you could get a bunch of unique troops out by making them replicas.)

Another neat thing is copying a card with replicators gambit's text... 2 originals and 12 replicas!

ossuary
06-26-2015, 03:55 PM
Sorry, yes, there was a bug at one point where it was ignoring gems for replicas, and I mixed it up in my head. My bad. :)

When you put a gem into a card in the deckbuilder, the game engine treats that card as though it always had that text in it - you can't revert it off, it's as though it's a new version of that card that always has that ability available.

velk
06-26-2015, 06:09 PM
Since Xocoy is PvE only, and that his in-play ability is so strong...
The game should be over before you have a chance to play and use Dup Duke and kill the original given the double-unique issue.

Do copies get unique ? I would have thought that would defeat the purpose.

For game over, that's assuming they stick to a roughly pvp equivalent design space for pve - I'd expect to see some bosses with comparatively enormous health pools and/or healing abilities at some point.

It's not that bad in any case, duke is only 4, so xocoy coming in at turn 6 or 5 with clarity would still be a strong play - he's already got speed, so shift and go.

ossuary
06-27-2015, 01:10 AM
Copies retain unique. Replicas do not.

aatttt
06-27-2015, 10:56 AM
btw. dont know if it is mentioned in the bug forum but replicat reinforcements (the card is called something like that) (Basic Action, Sapphire, Costs 5 and makes replicas from all troops you control with same type than targeted trop...) does not make replicas. i think it makes copies...

Xenavire
06-27-2015, 10:59 AM
btw. dont know if it is mentioned in the bug forum but replicat reinforcements (the card is called something like that) (Basic Action, Sapphire, Costs 5 and makes replicas from all troops you control with same type than targeted trop...) does not make replicas. i think it makes copies...

Thats a known issue. It should end up creating replicas.