PDA

View Full Version : Kickstarter question

bamiller72
06-26-2015, 10:38 AM
I, like many others I suspect, did not learn about Hex until well after the kickstarter campaign had come to a close. While sad about this, I secretly hoped that there might be some way that I could get in on some of those rewards at a later point in time.

Reading about another game I am eagerly anticipating, City of Titans, I see by their state of the game address that they are planning a second-chance crowdsourcing option.

From their page: http://cityoftitans.com/forum/state-game-june-2015

We will be opening up at the beginning of August a second-change crowdsourcing option, for the people who missed the Kickstarter as well as those who could not donate much at that time and wished to increase it,. This will continue for two months, after which we anticipate a transition to a more standardized model of revenue.

Is this something that HEX might consider doing at some point?

bwarner
06-26-2015, 10:40 AM
They already did. There was a Slacker Backer option for those that missed the Kickstarter, but that ended almost a year ago. At this point you'll just have to get into the game with the rest of the new players.

sukebe
06-26-2015, 11:53 AM
They have specifically said that the Kickstarter bonuses will never be made available again. So far, they kept all promises but the release date shown in the KS so I would imagine that the KS bonuses will never be made available again.

Thrawn
06-26-2015, 11:58 AM
In my mind a "second-chance crowdsourcing option" comes across as "we are running out of money and having problems, please help us".

plaguedealer
06-26-2015, 12:49 PM
I dont think they will do another kickstarter and probably should not. However, if they did, they would take alot of money out of my pocket. I bet I am not the only one.

Diesbudt
06-26-2015, 01:09 PM
While they may one day put together pricy nice deals/sets of deals in game, kick starter stuff will not be re offered. They were adamant about that 2 years ago during/after kick starter, and still are now.

rjselzler
06-26-2015, 01:21 PM
In my mind a "second-chance crowdsourcing option" comes across as "we are running out of money and having problems, please help us".

That is the way I would take such a move. Kickstarter is to... kick start, not kick continue. :)