PDA

View Full Version : HEX Update - Robes and Wizard Hats

Shaqattaq
06-26-2015, 10:52 AM
Hi there, HEXers. As you saw this morning, Armies of Myth will launchJuly 14th, 2015! That set comes with 250 cards, new equipment, chest opening, authenticator support, Gauntlet tournaments, and more!

This week, we'll focus on equipment. Hundreds of equipment pieces will be available in chests, so let's unlock what's happening with all this new gear!

https://www.hextcg.com/hex-update-robes-and-wizard-hats/

Aradon
06-26-2015, 10:59 AM
Excellent! Equipment has always been the thing that drew me to Hex, so I can't wait to see all the new deckbuilding options!
Question about chest opening, though: once set 3 hits and we can open chests, are their contents (or loot tables) going to be set in stone, or are they open to change still? For example, if a new item is created (like Stardust) that is going to drop from chests, will they be retroactively added to the loot tables of Set 1-3 chests, or would they only be added to chest drops going forward from their implementation?

Shaqattaq
06-26-2015, 11:03 AM
This is probably the most important part for players in the here-and-now since it is regarding an upcoming change to an existing piece of equipment:

Lessons From Arena

Tinkerer’s Robes adds the game text to War Machinist that “each time an artifact enters play under your control, deal one to each opposing champion and troop.” This has been more powerful than we had hoped. When you play Extinction, there’s tension from destroying your own troops and being only able to generate the effect once. With War Machinist, you can play artifacts from your hand to wipe only the opponent’s board, and then save up more artifacts to do it again the next turn if necessary. Yes it can be fun to run over the computer but really a “fun” experience is something that is challenging and engaging. If something in PVE is pulling away from that goal, than we will be re-examining the way that it plays. Tinkerer’s Robes will be on the list of changes that will happen with this upcoming patch and a few more minor tweaks can be found on the patch notes on release day. Not all changes are going to be for power reasons; there can be small things like art updates or equipment type changes where no real functional change to game text has happened. Our goal is to provide the best experience possible. Therefore in the rare case that we feel as a change to PVE related card and equipment necessary for the health of the game, we are likely to do it.

Also the rarity breakdown from the arena was slightly off. Moving forward, we believe that each equipment’s rarity is correctly placed and the frequency should also be appropriate. Legendaries should be harder to obtain and more sought after than common pieces.

Poetic
06-26-2015, 11:05 AM
Very happy to see the chest opening part is free. I was worried we'd have to spend gold on that too. Great update, thanks team.

Shaqattaq
06-26-2015, 11:05 AM
Excellent! Equipment has always been the thing that drew me to Hex, so I can't wait to see all the new deckbuilding options!
Question about chest opening, though: once set 3 hits and we can open chests, are their contents (or loot tables) going to be set in stone, or are they open to change still? For example, if a new item is created (like Stardust) that is going to drop from chests, will they be retroactively added to the loot tables of Set 1-3 chests, or would they only be added to chest drops going forward from their implementation?

I don't foresee any changes coming that would add anything to the current chest loot tables. I say that with 99.9% confidence. As we have no plans to add anything to chests at the moment, I can't speak to their implementation. As usual, in any situation you can expect us to do right by the players as best we can.

kaiizza
06-26-2015, 11:06 AM
Did anyone else catch the type that says arean was launched in Oct. of last year. I don't think I time traveled but maybe....

Shaqattaq
06-26-2015, 11:09 AM
Did anyone else catch the type that says arean was launched in Oct. of last year. I don't think I time traveled but maybe....

March =) Corrected.

Salverus
06-26-2015, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the post. Really looking forward, especially to the queensguard and azurefate equipment :D

Wheels of Fate and chest opening are where you’ll find all the awesome equipment in this upcoming patch.
Does this mean there are no new drops in the frost ring arena ?

Shinjica
06-26-2015, 11:12 AM
So, xentoth encounter will not be touched?

Aradon
06-26-2015, 11:13 AM
I don't foresee any changes coming that would add anything to the current chest loot tables. I say that with 99.9% confidence. As we have no plans to add anything to chests at the moment, I can't speak to their implementation. As usual, in any situation you can expect us to do right by the players as best we can.

For example, I always guessed that crafting materials would show up in chests. I imagine the crafting system is still very far out, but when it's ready to go and if you decide to put them in chest drop tables, do you think you'd add them to previous chests?

If this involves systems you aren't ready to discuss, I completely understand :)

Shaqattaq
06-26-2015, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the post. Really looking forward, especially to the queensguard and azurefate equipment :D

Does this mean there are no new drops in the frost ring arena ?

Stardust will be added to Frost Ring arena, but you will not see new equipment at this time. Frost Ring arena shouldn't be seen as a static feature, though.

Showsni
06-26-2015, 11:27 AM
I've never actually made a Tinkerer's Robes deck for arena; is it really that OP that it trivialises the whole thing? Brutal Commander/Xocoy combo would seem even more degenerate. (Not that I'm asking you to nerf it!)

Salverus
06-26-2015, 11:32 AM
I've never actually made a Tinkerer's Robes deck for arena; is it really that OP that it trivialises the whole thing? Brutal Commander/Xocoy combo would seem even more degenerate. (Not that I'm asking you to nerf it!)
biggest difference is against zoltog, he uses his charge power to create several savage raiders, you play 1 artifact, they all die.
But the nerf to this equipment also means that the ballistics engineer opposing champion will be much easier to kill now, since he was using it too. (and his war machinists did 2 damage to each of your troops per artifact)

Warrender
06-26-2015, 11:38 AM
CZE puts on their robes and wizard hats! :eek:

Shaqattaq
06-26-2015, 11:39 AM

That is correct.

bootlace
06-26-2015, 11:50 AM
First of thank for announcing the release date (I was about to book a holiday on that week, and I now have time to reschedule) and managing to get it to us as promised before Gen Con.

Quick notes:

-I think you guys mentioned once who did your logos, but I forget. Just want to commend him/her/them for the amazing work, these logos are really amazing.

-I can't imagine the amount of work that would be required to create all that equipment, kudos to Dan Clark and the whole PvE team for creating a deck builders paradise. I wasn't sure of the different permutations, but infinity sounds about right :)

-Happy to hear you guys address and fix the PvE drop rarity and frequency. I believe it will add much replayability if legendary pieces of equipment drop much less often. I guess there won't be any fix to the Frost Ring Arena drop rates and items though for now?

-PvE nerfs are to be expected, I was surprised the Bracers of Brutality didn't get the nerf bat..it's allowing for some seriously OP aggro decks. Hoping it is among the 'minor tweaks' you mentioned.

-Deathless Guardian's equipment is really interesting, as if infinity permutations wasn't enough we now also have to factor synergies with our Champion/Hero race for even more infinity.. xD

-Equipment being exclusive to chests is interesting but might be an issue later on. Do you have plans to allow people in the future to get these through the game, or are they really Chest exclusives?

-Will any of the PvP cards change from what we saw on the last version of the test server? If yes, how many cards will be affected (ballpark figure)?

Thanks!

Flairina
06-26-2015, 11:52 AM

It certainly made the whole thing a lot easier. In artifact decks it's hardly difficult to play three artifacts in one turn. Even two takes out most issues (even easier with Bertram Cragraven making worker bots), and by the time the opponent plays something big enough to survive you've probably pulled out a war hulk or two. That other combo is even easier though, you're correct.

In other news, Savage Lord is going to be the absolute crux of dino/raptor PVE decks now. I mean it was important before, but there wasn't enough dino support to really do much with it. Now that we have that equipment (and the weapon for the raptors too, letting it self multiply without assistance), that archetype might actually be a serious contender.

AdamAoE2
06-26-2015, 11:54 AM
Fantastic update, and I'm thrilled to hear about preserving the rarity in equipment. The lore reads were also topnotch. Great work - Can't wait to dive in!

DocX
06-26-2015, 12:05 PM

<sarcasm>Why would they? They made the new Vennen decks based around that encounter's mechanics!</sarcasm>

Xarlox is un-fun and it's disappointing to see it will not change. Any encounter where the majority of the time your winning or losing solely depends on whether the boss draws well or not (regardless of what deck you have) is not fun. Hell, I'd rather replace it with a dice roll: 6 or less, you lose; 8 or greater you win; re-roll on a 7. That'd be faster and achieve roughly the same effect.

IronPheasant
06-26-2015, 12:08 PM

They both add roughly 5 resources of power to the troop in question. A 1 drop into a 6 drop, a 3 drop into an 8 drop.

Damage against multiple enemy targets comes at a premium since it's going to kill multiple cards for the cost of one.

https://hextcg.com/wp-content/themes/hex/images/autocard/Staggering%20Blast.png

2 damage would go for 6. (And yes, even our two-sided wipes, Extinction and Heat Wave, are pushed a resource more than MTG allows in current development. Extinction has to be the best removal will ever be.)

This is pretty much just one of many reasons why I don't like the current equipment system. Some cards are already crazy strong, is adding a couple more points of power really necessary?

hammer
06-26-2015, 12:09 PM
Lovely update - hype 1MMB's

Will the patch give AA Collector ?

Do you have to spin chests before opening or can you just open and miss-out on the chance to spin?

Fred
06-26-2015, 12:16 PM
This is pretty much just one of many reasons why I don't like the current equipment system. Some cards are already crazy strong, is adding a couple more points of power really necessary?

In some instances of PvE, that extra power might indeed be necessary. Don't forget that PvE is not meant to be balanced like PvP is. At some point, there will be a boss fight where the odds are stacked against you heavily, and those few extra points of power is what is required to re-establish the balance in your favor.

Showsni
06-26-2015, 12:19 PM
They both add roughly 5 resources of power to the troop in question. A 1 drop into a 6 drop, a 3 drop into an 8 drop.

More than an 8 drop - the Xocoy you get lets you attack with Commander and get another Xocoy, which lets you attack with Commander and get another Xocoy, etc. On an empty board, attacking with a 5 attack Commander (without Giles or anything) will deal 5+4+6+4+4+7+4+4+8+4+4+9+4 = 67 damage.

nicosharp
06-26-2015, 12:38 PM
More than an 8 drop - the Xocoy you get lets you attack with Commander and get another Xocoy, which lets you attack with Commander and get another Xocoy, etc. On an empty board, attacking with a 5 attack Commander (without Giles or anything) will deal 5+4+6+4+4+7+4+4+8+4+4+9+4 = 67 damage.
But is that really as degenerate as a turn 1 and turn 2 board clear ability while you dump an entire hand?
I understand why people immediately go towards Brutal Commander and Xocoy, but a lot of things need to align for that combo to go off, it is not a turn 1 or turn 2 combo (unless you have ungodly luck).

Something that works well, and early on in the game does not have to be considered "Degenerate". Especially when PvE is concerned. I think it's fair to say many decks can consistently go-off by turn 3 or 4, but not many can by turn 1 or 2... and that is what the War Machinist equip was allowing.

rjselzler
06-26-2015, 12:59 PM
Tinkerer's Robes are currently OP; that opinion is based off of a few dozen runs with the deck, most of which were perfect or ended in tier 4. Having played both Xocoy/Commander and RS Dorfs extensively, I think that the TR puts the latter ahead in terms of power slightly. Post-nerf Xocoy/Commander is almost assuradely the contender for Arena grinding, if that is even a valuable metric for PvE power post-set-3. This nerf doesn't really come as a surprise, especially considering lotuses would make it even more consistent and busted (here's hoping for stealth lotus implementation for set 3).

As a positive suggestion, I would like to see TR modify the War Machinist to become a targeted ability. That is, I would like to see it amended to “When an artifact enters play under your control, this deals 1 damage to target opposing champion and 1 damage to target opposing troop.” That would preserve the tempoish quality of the original equipment, but you aren't going to be wiping their entire board, which puts it in line with other equips.

Just my two cents.

DocX
06-26-2015, 01:01 PM
But is that really as degenerate as a turn 1 and turn 2 board clear ability while you dump an entire hand?

But is that really as degenerate as a turn 2 board clear with two or three 5/5s on the field?

I understand why people immediately go towards Brutal Commander and Xocoy, but a lot of things need to align for that combo to go off, it is not a turn 1 or turn 2 combo (unless you have ungodly luck).

If you're dumping your hand on turn 2 with a robot deck, you're doing it wrong. If I'm playing robots against Zoltog, I specifically hold off on an Artifact dump until he uses his Charge power to drop out Savage Raiders. This is similar to waiting to play non-Artifacts against War Bot until after it's used it's Charge power. Robots isn't a Turn 1 or 2 combo deck, it's a Turn 5-7 deck where you can flood the field and either finish with Tectonic Megahulk, a couple of turns of War Hulk or a few turns of Hornet Bot/Pterobot. The power of the deck is being able to clear the opponent's board of low Health blockers so they can't chump block your Electrobots or War Bots.

The Xocoy deck *can* get a turn 2 win, but it's rare. Typically it's a turn 3-5 deck that takes the opponent from mid to high-teens in health down to 0. It's much more of a rush deck than the Robot deck with a far greater likelihood of achieving victory by Turn 3/4.

Something that works well, and early on in the game does not have to be considered "Degenerate". Especially when PvE is concerned. I think it's fair to say many decks can consistently go-off by turn 3 or 4, but not many can by turn 1 or 2... and that is what the War Machinist equip was allowing.

I'd love to see the list where this is the case because I'm simply not seeing it with my deck (which runs 4 War Machinist and draws one in the opening hand less than a third of the time).

Yoss
06-26-2015, 01:01 PM
Do you have to spin chests before opening or can you just open and miss-out on the chance to spin?
The correct answer is to trade away the chest and buy one that's spun out and open that one. Pocket the difference in price.

DocX
06-26-2015, 01:06 PM
As a positive suggestion, I would like to see TR modify the War Machinist to become a targeted ability. That is, I would like to see it amended to “When an artifact enters play under your control, this deals 1 damage to target opposing champion and 1 damage to target opposing troop.” That would preserve the tempoish quality of the original equipment, but you aren't going to be wiping their entire board, which puts it in line with other equips.

I'd rather it be "When an artifact enters play under your control, this deals 1 damage to target opposing champion and 1 damage to two random opposing troops." Doesn't let you call your shot to pick off weenies and you'll need a moderate amount of either luck or planning to pick off guys with 2 Health or greater. But... well, y'know, that's just like my opinion, man.

nicosharp
06-26-2015, 01:08 PM
snip
I agree about the timing of "correctly" using war machinists, and the deck being more of a turn 5-7 win-con.
I also agree about the likelihood of drawing machinists in playable starting hands.

I'm not sure how much you've played and tested Xocoy/Commander, but a turn 2 win is not just rare - It's Uruunaz level rare. Turn 4-5 is much more realistic, with turn 3s being highly possible.

But besides the point.. Right now War Machinist decks allow you to kill the War Machinist, and Brutal Commander allow you to kill them as well. The major difference is that Brutal Commanders must attack to go-off, and they must also not be a prioritized block target. I think Brutal Commander in PvE is much easier to deal with now in terms of simply updating the AI.

Just my two cents.
I think, based on looking at the equip on test - that is exactly what they changed the robes to.

Showsni
06-26-2015, 01:13 PM

In the speed run tuned version of Xocoy, you aim to win by at least turn four, quite possibly three, and have a chance at two (especially with the right Hogarth buffs). The main point is you usually win the game as soon as the combo drops, whereas with Dwarves you still have to actually attack and win over a few turns. A typical speed-run Xocoy game might go

1. Ruby, Charge Bot
2. Crackling Vortex
3. Ruby, Brutal Commander, use Flynn, win.

(Obviously it's pretty flexible; you might miss the charge power but Crimson Clarity into triple damage Jags on 2 and then combo on three, or Crackling Bolt on two instead of Charge Bot on one, or Commander on 3, then Crushing Blow on 4 to win... and so on. Without getting Commander you can still win with triple damage Jags into Cabalist or Xocoy; and Anarchist helps you draw combo pieces.)

rjselzler
06-26-2015, 01:15 PM
I'd rather it be "When an artifact enters play under your control, this deals 1 damage to target opposing champion and 1 damage to two random opposing troops." Doesn't let you call your shot to pick off weenies and you'll need a moderate amount of either luck or planning to pick off guys with 2 Health or greater. But... well, y'know, that's just like my opinion, man.

That would be good, too. I'd love to be able to get Ballistic Engineer equip, if that is the case. ;)

I'm not sure how much you've played and tested Xocoy/Commander, but a turn 2 win is not just rare - It's Uruunaz level rare. Turn 4-5 is much more realistic, with turn 3s being highly possible.

I actually took out the Crimson Clarity from my version just because it was so magical-Christmas-land. I usually planned on t4 win and build around that. I may be doing it wrong, since I only have around half a dozen runs with Xocoy/Commander versus the few dozen with Dorfs.

I think, based on looking at the equip on test - that is exactly what they changed the robes to.

Oh, I didn't know the changes were in on test. Thanks for the heads up!

nicosharp
06-26-2015, 01:21 PM
In the speed run tuned version of Xocoy, you aim to win by at least turn four, quite possibly three, and have a chance at two (especially with the right Hogarth buffs). The main point is you usually win the game as soon as the combo drops, whereas with Dwarves you still have to actually attack and win over a few turns. A typical speed-run Xocoy game might go

1. Ruby, Charge Bot
2. Crackling Vortex
3. Ruby, Brutal Commander, use Flynn, win.

(Obviously it's pretty flexible; you might miss the charge power but Crimson Clarity into triple damage Jags on 2 and then combo on three, or Crackling Bolt on two instead of Charge Bot on one, or Commander on 3, then Crushing Blow on 4 to win... and so on. Without getting Commander you can still win with triple damage Jags into Cabalist or Xocoy; and Anarchist helps you draw combo pieces.)
Very well aware of the current iteration of the speed run deck and how consistent it is. The deck is insanely flimsy. The fault right now is that of AI programming. The speed run variation will have issues once AI issues get hammered out.
Turn 3 and turn 4 are possible as Combo wins...
Combo wins
More than 3 cards required.
Yup.
Anyways, I'm glad these guys are designing the game. PvE is a blast and it's fun to create/test/and blow-up the game with fun interactions.

Vorpal
06-26-2015, 01:30 PM

Well, I guess the difference is between obtaining one tinkerer's robes vs obtaining 4x brutal commanders and 4x Xocoys plus all their associated equipment.

I definitely noticed my dwarf weenie deck was having a VASTLY easier time in arena once I bought the tinkerer's robes. And they work with any artifact, so it's quite easy to get them to go off, PLUS it's equipment for a 1 drop so you can get it working for you right away, as opposed for more expensive drops.

Plus the aggro deck is just intrinsically more fragile than the dwarf weenie deck that tinkerer's robes was used for - the dwarf weenie deck you can save up and drop your entire hand in one turn and wipe out pretty much ANYTHING he has put down in the interim.

Maybe tinker's robes will work on a SINGLE enemy troop/champion? That's a huge reduction in power but still useful, I think.

I REALLY like the piece of equipment that works with rogues. I'd love to see more themed decks like that.

katkillad
06-26-2015, 01:41 PM

So excited about everything else I completely forgot about this. Would be interested in knowing as well.

WWKnight
06-26-2015, 01:57 PM
Surprised no-one asked.

Will the kickstarter backers be getting their loot this patch?

Poetic
06-26-2015, 02:05 PM
Doubt it. Most of the remaining kick starter items seem tied to the future pve patch.

We should get set 3 packs though for those who backed at those levels.

Mejis
06-26-2015, 02:27 PM
One of the best update reads in ages, thanks.

So is the equipment pool for SoF chests overlapping with the arena prizes at all, or is arena equip unique? Sorry if I missed that.

Also, for the new equip chest drops how does card rarity scale with equip rarity? Can common or uncommon cards have rare or legendary equip in certain cases, or is it more of a 1:1 scaling with card rarity, if that makes sense?

plaguedealer
06-26-2015, 02:38 PM
It is my understinding that chest will contain equipment and pve cards only? Is there more in the chest?

Mejis
06-26-2015, 02:43 PM
It is my understinding that chest will contain equipment and pve cards only? Is there more in the chest?

This is also how it kinda read to me. Curious to know if there is more.

hammer
06-26-2015, 02:46 PM
I am sure there is more in the chests such as sleeves and AA PvP cards

plaguedealer
06-26-2015, 02:49 PM
More info would be cool, because it read like it is just pve stuff.

ghulzen
06-26-2015, 02:49 PM
I am sure there is more in the chests such as sleeves and AA PvP cards

Wasn't it pretty well confirmed they would have gold too?

Xenavire
06-26-2015, 02:52 PM
Wasn't it pretty well confirmed they would have gold too?

I have never heard any solid confirmation on anything in chests. A few things were repeated, so those seem more likely, but I wouldn't count on anything being in there until we can see it for ourselves.

Shaqattaq
06-26-2015, 03:02 PM
For example, I always guessed that crafting materials would show up in chests. I imagine the crafting system is still very far out, but when it's ready to go and if you decide to put them in chest drop tables, do you think you'd add them to previous chests?

If this involves systems you aren't ready to discuss, I completely understand :)

I can't speak to crafting at this moment. Really, what I'm trying to communicate is that the game is still in development. Awesome ideas happen all the time, including ideas from the community as this game really is about us making the game that you players want and made happen with your backing. We want to be open to things that improve HEX, move quickly with those ideas should they come up, and make the best decision possible. Speaking to that idea that we want to be open to making HEX better, I can't 100% confirm that these loot tables will never, ever change as it's impossible to predict the future. What I can communicate is that for now, there's no plan to change them and that in the rare, rare times when we do, we always try to do right by our players as best we can.

-Happy to hear you guys address and fix the PvE drop rarity and frequency. I believe it will add much replayability if legendary pieces of equipment drop much less often. I guess there won't be any fix to the Frost Ring Arena drop rates and items though for now?

-Equipment being exclusive to chests is interesting but might be an issue later on. Do you have plans to allow people in the future to get these through the game, or are they really Chest exclusives?

-Will any of the PvP cards change from what we saw on the last version of the test server? If yes, how many cards will be affected (ballpark figure)?

Thanks!

-We saw that some equipment's listed rarity was not in-line with how rare it actually was. So, we changed the rarity on the equipment to reflect that rarity. We also added stardust, which adjusted the drop rate of items overall. Legendary equipment and card drop rates were updated and are significantly less likely to drop now, which, well, makes them actually legendary.

-The pieces in the chests are exclusive to chests.

-Yes, PVP cards will undergo development changes before patch release. I can't give a figure right now.

Yes, we will give AA Collector as usual.

Chests are removed from inventory when they are opened, so if you have a spin you'll have to take it before you open it.

Surprised no-one asked.

Will the kickstarter backers be getting their loot this patch?

The entirety of equipment for each set is not available yet. For players who receive random X quantity of equipment from certain rarity pools, we are going to distribute those when the pool of equipment is larger. Any specific pieces of equipment that are in the game and called out as a Kickstarter reward would be distributed as normal, as we did with The Mirrorblade. Producers who receive "all" equipment of a specific set will receive equipment as usual.

Shaqattaq
06-26-2015, 03:03 PM

We'll have a feature on chest opening in the future that will outline how it works and what's available.

Aradon
06-26-2015, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the responses! Wasn't trying to get a guarantee or anything, just wondering what the mentality for this sort of thing was, which you answered. Awesome, looking forward to the patch :)

Mormont
06-26-2015, 03:11 PM
I kind of wish the same logic appiled to Tinker's robe would be applied to War Bot. An opposing board wipe every 3 turns makes for the second least fun encounter in Frost Ring. I also know without its OP passive and charge power, War Bot would be Zodiac Shaman level of easy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Salverus
06-26-2015, 03:13 PM
chest rarity is also rarity of equipment or can common chests also contain uncommon equipment and such?

LordGorchnik
06-26-2015, 03:22 PM
Yeah Im actually surprised to see that neither War Bot or Xoltog's Frost Arena encounters are being looked at. The opponents play decks that you either have to specifically build a deck to counter it (and thus be weak against the rest of the arena) or just forgo the fact that you may have 1-2 losses in the arena.

Yes I am well aware that it is still possible to ace the arena as I have done it but I just find the amount of power those two AI decks have is disgusting.

Mejis
06-26-2015, 03:35 PM
Yeah Im actually surprised to see that neither War Bot or Xoltog's Frost Arena encounters are being looked at. The opponents play decks that you either have to specifically build a deck to counter it (and thus be weak against the rest of the arena) or just forgo the fact that you may have 1-2 losses in the arena.

Yes I am well aware that it is still possible to ace the arena as I have done it but I just find the amount of power those two AI decks have is disgusting.

Perhaps the arena won't be around much longer?

Xenavire
06-26-2015, 03:38 PM
Perhaps the arena won't be around much longer?

It seems like a permanent feature (for the foreseeable future). I can't see them throwing away arena and all the work it represents unless they are absolutely drowning in content. In fact it was said somewhere just today that additions and changes can be expected to the arena now and then (like adding stardust seems to be happening.)

EDIT: a quick check shows that it was in this very thread.

Stardust will be added to Frost Ring arena, but you will not see new equipment at this time. Frost Ring arena shouldn't be seen as a static feature, though.

Mejis
06-26-2015, 03:48 PM
It seems like a permanent feature (for the foreseeable future). I can't see them throwing away arena and all the work it represents unless they are absolutely drowning in content. In fact it was said somewhere just today that additions and changes can be expected to the arena now and then (like adding stardust seems to be happening.)

EDIT: a quick check shows that it was in this very thread.

Ah, I interpreted "shouldn't be seen as a static feature" to mean that it probably won't be in the game for that long. I guess it depends on when the first batch of real PvE dungeons hit.

Shaqattaq
06-26-2015, 03:58 PM
Ah, I interpreted "shouldn't be seen as a static feature" to mean that it probably won't be in the game for that long. I guess it depends on when the first batch of real PvE dungeons hit.

The player was asking about loot changes in the arena. I was communicating that there are no changes now, but the feature shouldn't be considered static-- it can undergo updates, optimizations, etc... Phil Cape touched on that on our first Arena deck feature, talking about how we can update arena AI decks.

Xenavire
06-26-2015, 04:02 PM
The player was asking about loot changes in the arena. I was communicating that there are no changes now, but the feature shouldn't be considered static-- it can undergo updates, optimizations, etc... Phil Cape touched on that on our first Arena deck feature, talking about how we can update arena AI decks.

You should get Phil busy on a few new arena champs... Like more dragons! ;)

Yoss
06-26-2015, 04:09 PM
I really like the lore entries for the Cloister, Volosolov, and the Pyramid of the Exalted Emperor.

WolfCrypt
06-26-2015, 05:09 PM
I love Monsuun even more now.

Flairina
06-26-2015, 06:29 PM
I love Monsuun even more now.

I was just okay with him before, but that lore of his really is pretty cool.

And yay, we finally got some explanation for how the Necrotic first were implanted with hex gems! That was bugging a great deal of people, myself included, so happy to see that explained- even if it opens up the question "who sent the visions".

poizonous
06-26-2015, 06:55 PM
Yeah new Arena Champs would be awesome (And not really that hard to implement I would imagine outside of getting them to use their charge power). And I totally hope that arena decks get revamped with set 3 cards, to at least spark my interest back in it

Voormas
06-26-2015, 06:55 PM
All cool stuff to hear, keep up the good work :)

Selanius
06-26-2015, 07:41 PM
Awesome update!

velk
06-26-2015, 11:00 PM
Yeah new Arena Champs would be awesome (And not really that hard to implement I would imagine outside of getting them to use their charge power). And I totally hope that arena decks get revamped with set 3 cards, to at least spark my interest back in it

Some of that was in place in test. The most noticeable changes I saw were blood sphinx gets a 1/1 flyer which creates blue actions, and angel gets a put troop from graveyard into play with +5/+5 and invincible card. ( That was sort of a surprise - 9/9 invincible angel of dawn is hard to deal with ;p )

poizonous
06-26-2015, 11:09 PM
Nice to know, didn't really do arena on test server. Probably should have lol

Azzer
06-26-2015, 11:14 PM
<sarcasm>Why would they? They made the new Vennen decks based around that encounter's mechanics!</sarcasm>

Xarlox is un-fun and it's disappointing to see it will not change. Any encounter where the majority of the time your winning or losing solely depends on whether the boss draws well or not (regardless of what deck you have) is not fun. Hell, I'd rather replace it with a dice roll: 6 or less, you lose; 8 or greater you win; re-roll on a 7. That'd be faster and achieve roughly the same effect.

I do not know what deck you use, but i usually win 90% of the time against xarlox and the times i lose is mainly because i kept a 1 shard hand. Even when he gets 2 eggs in 2 turns i can usually turn it around.

Ofcourse few times one might be extremely unlucky though.

Edswor
06-27-2015, 12:42 AM
The new lore is amazing and as WolfCrypt says: "I love Monsuun even more now."

Parzival
06-27-2015, 02:24 AM
Monsuun is the Emperor we don't deserve, mark my words there is going to be blood running through those warrens :cool:

Awesome lore, really looking forward to Set 3, thanks for all the hard work!

madar
06-27-2015, 12:13 PM
I do not know what deck you use, but i usually win 90% of the time against xarlox and the times i lose is mainly because i kept a 1 shard hand. Even when he gets 2 eggs in 2 turns i can usually turn it around.

Ofcourse few times one might be extremely unlucky though.

Do you mind to share your deck? Maybe in the decklist topic?

MugenMusou
06-27-2015, 04:12 PM
I still think the card representation of the equipment looks better, and feel more valuable. So please use the format!!

Kaiba_Graysoul
06-28-2015, 03:40 PM
I can't wait!

wolzarg
07-04-2015, 01:07 PM
I really like the lore entries for the Cloister, Volosolov, and the Pyramid of the Exalted Emperor.
For the lazy and/or logically challenged where might i find this delicious lore?

Khazrakh
07-04-2015, 01:12 PM
For the lazy and/or logically challenged where might i find this delicious lore?

Here you go (https://www.hextcg.com/story/characters-2/places-armies-of-myth/) :)

wolzarg
07-04-2015, 01:18 PM
I'm so used to links being underline that i got enraged by your smiley taunting me for a quarter of a second...

Thanks a bunch