PDA

View Full Version : forum bug, logging in from multiple devices

Salverus
06-28-2015, 01:30 AM
hello,
in the past i could browse the forum from multiple devices just fine, where on the devices i would just stay logged in all the time. But if i now check the forum on one device and then later check it on another device i get this error since last thursday:
http://i.imgur.com/YNSpF0C.png
It can be fixed by logging out and back in, but then if you go back to the first device, it will show the error there and you have to log out and back in on that device. So basically you can only check the forums now on one device at a time without relogging each time.

Xenavire
06-28-2015, 01:43 AM
This frustrates me to no end. A fix would do great things for my lack of sanity. My postcount begs you!

RCDv57
06-28-2015, 06:35 PM
That's a bug!?
I thought it was intentional but annoying.

Gwaer
06-28-2015, 07:22 PM
This is a bug that happens to me intermittently, but it usually stops after a while. It is not the normal operation of the forum in my experience.

Thoom
06-28-2015, 11:15 PM
I had that bug for about a month. Oddly enough, it only effected Chrome, and it went away on its own eventually.

Svenn
06-29-2015, 12:11 AM
I bounce back and forth between Chrome, Firefox, and Chrome on my phone. I've never once run into this issue. I wonder if you're actually being logged out for some reason but it's caching some stuff?

israel.kendall
06-29-2015, 03:37 AM
I bounce back and forth between Chrome, Firefox, and Chrome on my phone. I've never once run into this issue. I wonder if you're actually being logged out for some reason but it's caching some stuff?

Same here, I never get logged out on any device.

Bombs
06-29-2015, 11:57 AM
It happens to me from time to time. 95% of my forum time is while using Opera on my desktop, but occasionally I get the bug when I use Chrome on my tablet. I've just stopped posting/logging in while using my tablet.

Phenteo
06-29-2015, 02:00 PM
Unfortunately, this is the way cookies work and your trying to access the forums from multiple devices. I am working with our web guys to move over to a new forum software. So, please bear with the intermittent issues until then.

Xenavire
06-29-2015, 02:02 PM
Unfortunately, this is the way cookies work and your trying to access the forums from multiple devices. I am working with our web guys to move over to a new forum software. So, please bear with the intermittent issues until then.

Sounds good. :)

vickrpg
06-29-2015, 02:02 PM

The odd thing is though, a few months ago cookies were working differently, and I was allowed to be logged in from multiple devices simultaneously. This issues is only 1-2 months old.

Phenteo
06-29-2015, 02:03 PM
The odd thing is though, a few months ago cookies were working differently, and I was allowed to be logged in from multiple devices simultaneously. This issues is only 1-2 months old.

I suspect you've updated either chrome or firefox within that time. We haven't changed the forum software.

Though, I have several different devices logged into the forums and have never encountered the bug.

Xenavire
06-29-2015, 02:07 PM
I suspect you've updated either chrome or firefox within that time. We haven't changed the forum software.

Though, I have several different devices logged into the forums and have never encountered the bug.

Only started happening to me in the last week, zero changes on my end. Wish I could help somehow, but I haven't even updated my phones version of chrome in about a month.

israel.kendall
06-29-2015, 02:39 PM

What forum software would you be moving to? Xenforo by any chance?

Edit: adding this here, not sure if you guys have chosen software yet, but Xenforo has pretty amazing social features, trophy system, amazing amounts of customizations, and like features, etc. It's hands down the best forum software on the market currently IMO https://xenforo.com/ If you guys put these forums on xenforo i would love you forver.