PDA

View Full Version : Share your drafts with viewers/friends (shareyourdraft.com)

dbug
06-28-2015, 05:45 AM
Hi Hex-Community,

i want to present you a new way to Share your Draft in Hex with friends or viewers without any delay.

shareyourdraft.com (http://shareyourdraft.com)

Quick overview on Youtube (http://youtu.be/-Xivp8k-r-U)

This project uses the Hex API (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=40975) to connect the website with your Hex-Client, so you are able to share your Draft with other people.
You can see all the cards you can choose from on the website and vote for cards.

Current features:

Draft Pack of live drafts are displayed without delay
People can vote on cards in the Draft Pack
All picked cards are shown
Auction House Data for Cards in Draft Pack
In wheeled packs picked cards are shown
All draft gets recorded and can watched later again
You can watch the 100k Draft
number of cards in your collection are shown
see/join a public draft without having a keyword
draft statistics (e.g. % a card is picked in first pick)

I wanted to keep the site simple and really easy to use and don't want to make registrations neccesary.
So all you have to do to share your draft are two steps

1) Configure your Hex client to send data to my site with your own unique API key
2) Share your draft with a Keyword and your API-Key

Now people can join your draft with your choosen Keyword.

The API key is used so that the site can distingish between different drafters. So you have to "connect" your API key with a keyword. You should keep your API key secret, so people can't use the same key and receive draft data from two different drafts with the same API key. But don't worry, people can never interfere with your real draft and your real Hex client. The Hex API is designed that only data is send out and contains no sensitive data like your login. The data shareyourdraft.com uses, just contains card names and your Keepname. You can read more about the API here: Hex API (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=40975)

Detailed instructions how to use shareyourdraft.com are available on the website under "About"

This project was inspired by UDraftBot. So many thanks to Risterral for his great work there and many thanks to YvelKnievel for being an amazing streamer and doing the first testing.

tech used: C#, ASP.NET MVC, AngularJS, SignalR

havocattack
06-28-2015, 06:00 AM
nice :)

dbug
07-01-2015, 06:17 AM
Added Auction House data. Average price for today and the last week are shown in the Tooltip of the card. The visualization is just temporary until i find a good way to display auction house data without clutter up the site.

loopholist3
07-01-2015, 09:26 AM
I want to watch random players draft and don't want to have to search to find somebody's keyword who is actively drafting. Is there a way to set a draft to public, and make it so the pulic draft's keyword is displayed on the site?

dbug
07-01-2015, 09:40 AM
I want to watch random players draft and don't want to have to search to find somebody's keyword who is actively drafting. Is there a way to set a draft to public, and make it so the pulic draft's keyword is displayed on the site?

atm this is not possible. Currently its designed that a streamer or a fried share a draft and provides the keyword. But i guess, this is a feature i can add later.

BlackRoger
07-01-2015, 12:00 PM
I'm assuming this is already a known bug, but just in case, it seems artifacts aren't shown properly after picked.

dbug
07-03-2015, 10:41 AM
I'm assuming this is already a known bug, but just in case, it seems artifacts aren't shown properly after picked.

This was already fixed. Fixed also some other stuff.

EntropyBall
07-08-2015, 07:56 AM
One feature that I think could be really useful is the ability to save a draft. I see people asking for draft advice all the time (myself included) and being able to "record" the packs via your site would be a really simple way to post a link and say "hey, what picks would YOU have made in this draft". You could just feed the recorded data back into whatever parser generates the images in the current format, and just let people click a button to see the next pick.
To be clear, I'm not saying it would let people change what was picked, as that makes no sense. It would simply be to view a history of what was available/picked.

dbug
07-22-2015, 09:45 AM
Army of Myth changed the API.

The site is now updated and works again.

dbug
07-22-2015, 10:52 AM
One feature that I think could be really useful is the ability to save a draft. I see people asking for draft advice all the time (myself included) and being able to "record" the packs via your site would be a really simple way to post a link and say "hey, what picks would YOU have made in this draft". You could just feed the recorded data back into whatever parser generates the images in the current format, and just let people click a button to see the next pick.
To be clear, I'm not saying it would let people change what was picked, as that makes no sense. It would simply be to view a history of what was available/picked.

Yeah, that is a good idea. Thanks for the feedback. But this requires some work to fully implement this in a good way.

The next bigger features will probably be a login and draft statistics.

edit: this is now available at hex.tcgbrowser.com http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=44328

dbug
07-23-2015, 02:13 AM
Army of Myth introduced a bug that causes stuck on match ending. Until this is fixed i discourage using the HEX API and deleting/renaming the api.ini

this was patched and works now

dbug
01-06-2016, 06:44 AM
added new feature:

-in wheeled packs picked cards are shown

fido_one
01-07-2016, 11:11 AM
added new feature:

-in wheeled packs picked cards are shown

Don't use Twitch, didn't see this before.

Still: AWESOME.

dbug
01-08-2016, 01:51 AM
Don't use Twitch, didn't see this before.

Still: AWESOME.

The original intend was to use it for twitch streamers, but you can also use it to get help from friends or just quickly check AH prices.

dbug
02-02-2016, 07:14 AM
updated the site (yes, downtimes in hex also have advantages):
-you can can change your vote now
-added a check to see if you configured your hex client correct without starting a draft
-fixed layout problems with some cards

I also encourage all new players who are intimidated by drafting to try shareyourdraft.com. Just stream Hex or find a mentor and let you help draft.

btw Can you somehow change a thread title?

Yoss
02-04-2016, 05:03 PM
btw Can you somehow change a thread title?

Ask a moderator to do it.

NOBLEStarshield
02-05-2016, 12:21 PM
What would you like the thread title changed to? :)

dbug
02-26-2016, 04:02 AM
Last Patch changed the API and broke the page.

This is fixed now and the the page is working again.

dbug
03-15-2016, 12:29 PM
New update! All drafts are now saved and can be watched again later.

With these new feature I made the 100k Invitational Draft available for each of the eight competitors. So you can rewatch them from their perspective.

http://shareyourdraft.com/#/100k

Many thanks for all the people that made this data available!

dbug
03-17-2016, 01:52 PM
Your collection data is now used, so you can see how many of these cards you already own.

If you already have the API setup, you need to add |Collection to the end of the line to enable the collection sync.

edit:
you see now all drafts, that are shared public without knowing the keyword

dbug
03-25-2016, 12:58 PM
Added statistics to the site. You can now see average Plat value per draft and percentages when each card was picked. For now there are only 100 recorded Drafts, so the stats are not really representative.

http://shareyourdraft.com/#/stats/

I will probably also implement personal stats.

If you have any other ideas what stats to show or general feedback, i would love to hear them.

Biz
03-26-2016, 12:48 AM
if you feel like doing a lot of work, i have an idea

show a real-time updating distribution of shards that the other 7 players picked based on the limited observable information.
weight this based on how strong the competing cards were

you can deduce which cards are stronger based on bulk analysis of historical drafts

this can hint at which shards the opponents are fighting over and which shards may have the best selection moving forward. it's nothing that players can't find out on their own (maybe with some excel), but it might involve taking notes during the draft

you can even show a per-shard snapshot of powerful cards that people might have taken. for example, if opponents have picked a lot of flying troops, the player might want to prioritize some skyguard/flier-removal. once again, this is nothing a player can't get on his/her own by taking notes, but the convenience of a program would be nice

i don't actually take notes in 99% of my drafts (games should feel like play, not work!), but i have done it a few times and i can see how it's advantageous

Peseto
03-26-2016, 03:58 AM
If you have any other ideas what stats to show or general feedback, i would love to hear them.

I think a more condense way to show similar information on popluarity of a card, would be just the percentage of how often it is picked when available.

dbug
03-26-2016, 05:49 AM
Thanks for the feedback.

if you feel like doing a lot of work, i have an idea

I have thought about things like that, but for now, there is a lot more simpler stuff that gets higher priorities on my site. And i get the general idea, but i am not sure how I would implement that in detail. But thats when you have to put the work in and think about the problem.

I also have some reservations about putting to much helpful stuff on the site. I don't want to create a situation that everyone feels you have to use such tools or you are at a serious disadvantage. I am not saying, that the feature you suggesting would cause that, because i think, this will not make you a good drafter (probably no stats will do).

I think a more condense way to show similar information on popluarity of a card, would be just the perentage of how often it is picked when available.

This seems like a useful stat to have and should not that hard to determine. And because its just one number per card, i could also include that in the live section of the page. Not sure about that, but i will add this to the general stats.

edit: this is now live

Timlagor
03-28-2016, 08:14 PM
Is that weighted for the number of cards left to pick from? Or only taking first picks?

dbug
03-29-2016, 12:45 AM
1-17: When a card is picked, this is the percentages when it was picked (first to 17th pick)
Total picked: how many times the card was picked
Picked when see: the percentage if the card is in the pack, how often it was picked
Picked over: how often the card on the left was picked when the filtered card was in a pack

All stats are using data from all picks and all picks are handled equally. This is not super useful, because it doesnt take into account what you already picked. So for the last two probably adding stats which uses only the first pick could be useful (or weighted for all picks).