PDA

View Full Version : Hex Gem Highlander?

WWKnight
06-28-2015, 04:34 PM
One thing I miss about Magic the Gathering (yeah yeah, I said it.) is the format EDH. I would very much like it to be a thing in Hex, and with the next set and the advent of 2 gem champions (who would take the place of the commander), and the wider variety in card pool, we are getting closer to it becoming a reality.

However, there are still only so many variations the current champions could provide for deckbuilding purposes. What I would like to see is a mode in proving grounds that would allow us to run with all current champions, as well as enemies you can face in the Arena.

Between those 60+ different champions, and the 1000+ card pool, there should be enough different deck ideas and combinations to make the format variable enough to be worthwhile.

Pre-Edit - It occurred to me just before I hit post, some may not know what EDH is (Or commander, as its now known). You pick a legandary creature (or champion, in hex) and then build a 100 card singleton deck. That means the only card you may have more than one of are basic shards. The cards must share the same gems that your champion uses to activate their power.

poizonous
06-28-2015, 04:41 PM
InfamousNe0 normally has Jank Bot Highlander tournaments. (I believe this months subscriber tournament is Highlander)

MasterN64
06-28-2015, 05:28 PM
Official support for non standard formats has no ETA but many of the popular ones are planned for release eventually.

wolzarg
06-29-2015, 05:44 PM
EDH without the legend is just 100 card singleton champions can't replace the legend it just doesn't work that way.

Armies
06-30-2015, 03:06 PM
archmage wrenlocke commander forever!

sukebe
06-30-2015, 09:50 PM
EDH without the legend is just 100 card singleton champions can't replace the legend it just doesn't work that way.

I have to agree with this. until they can code in the "commander" (I doubt that it will retain this name of course) then I cannot consider this format to be in the game. I am very much looking forward to it but I don't mind waiting a bit longer so that we have more unique troops to lead the deck.

RCDv57
06-30-2015, 10:20 PM
archmage wrenlocke commander forever!

Wrenlock Vs Eternal Guardian

EDIT: It has to be unique? Triumvirate then.

israel.kendall
06-30-2015, 10:36 PM
Pretty sure you have to foil your deck to play EDH, so we will have to wait for foil I imagine.

Aradon
06-30-2015, 10:38 PM
I want to see a mix between the single-vanguard style of Momir Basic and 100-card highlander, where you build a 100 card singleton deck, and everyone plays with a special champion/mercenary, whose ability is "You may equip any number of equipment in each slot." Obviously banned for anything but casual play, but then you play a game where every card in your deck is a powerhouse :D

Yoss
07-01-2015, 08:22 AM
I prefer 100 Card Singleton over commander. Both are fun though.