PDA

View Full Version : Primal Proc on Wheels of Fate?

hammer
06-29-2015, 08:44 AM
Should packs dropped from Kismet as rewards for spinning on the wheels of fate have the possibility to Proc a Primal pack. I assume the answer is yes, since it is a system generated pack. However, I have never seen nor heard of anyone receiving a Primal Pack from the Wheels of Fate.

Datadragon - do you have the evidence basis to confirm whether it should and does have a chance to proc a primal, if this is bugged and not working as intended can we have Retro-primals as per the Retro-Stardust :D

Thanks
Hammer

hex_colin
06-29-2015, 08:50 AM
/facepalm

Seriously? This is why I was against the retroactive granting of Stardust. We're going to lose count of the number of times it's used to try to justify something like this.

Luckily it's easy in this case. There is intentionally no chance for primals to proc from the FREE packs you get from WOF.

infam0usne0
06-29-2015, 08:53 AM
but what about VIP packs

hammer
06-29-2015, 08:56 AM
/facepalm

Seriously? This is why I was against the retroactive granting of Stardust. We're going to lose count of the number of times it's used to try to justify something like this.

Luckily it's easy in this case. There is intentionally no chance for primals to proc from the FREE packs you get from WOF.

Haha, for what its worth I agree on retrodust as dust was never meant to drop when we made the decision to spin them. However, I always assumed, ok wrongly, that these packs had the chance to yield a primal but Good to know they don't have a chance to proc a primal and makes sense since they are FREE not sure this has ever been communicated before. But yeah I see ya point so I do. :D

hammer
06-29-2015, 08:58 AM
but what about VIP packs

Yea totally serious right - gimme dat Retro-VIP-buff :p

Xenavire
06-29-2015, 08:59 AM
FREE packs you get from WOF.

But, but, but, we paid in gold! ;)

Seriously though, good info. One of those things that wasn't ever really clear.

plaguedealer
06-29-2015, 09:00 AM
It is my understanding that vip packs have a chance of being primal. This was discussed a few months ago and I think someone said they got a primal once. However, I could just have a faulty memory it was awhile back.

infam0usne0
06-29-2015, 09:02 AM
i was just kidding, primal or not, the vip program is most generous anyway, more than happy with my purchase of it

jonsnow2000
06-29-2015, 09:04 AM
It is my understanding that vip packs have a chance of being primal. This was discussed a few months ago and I think someone said they got a primal once. However, I could just have a faulty memory it was awhile back.

I recall the same. Never had it happen on my own VIP packs though.

infam0usne0
06-29-2015, 09:29 AM
For real though, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. They didn't have to retroactively give stardust.
They didn't have to give you a chance for free packs on the WoF.
Stop being given something for free and asking for more.
Also stop being hammer.

israel.kendall
06-29-2015, 09:34 AM
One would have to get free chest in order for these to be free packs. Unless I can enter to win with a self addressed stamped envelope or something.

hex_colin
06-29-2015, 09:36 AM
One would have to get free chest in order for these to be free packs. Unless I can enter to win with a self addressed stamped envelope or something.

We'd all still buy packs if they had no chests in them. So, they're a bonus even if you're going to argue that they're not "free". If you were in a supermarket it would be "free chest with purchase of a pack of cards". Anything you get from WOF is most certainly free though. There was no need to ever implement it. And it costs you nothing other than game-earned currency to roll the wheels. The WOF packs are most certainly FREE.

hammer
06-29-2015, 09:51 AM
Also stop being hammer.

:( bye then

infam0usne0
06-29-2015, 09:53 AM
Dang... if something i get for free from doing something i get for free that is attached to something i get for free with something else that i could potentially get for free but i can buy if i like isn't free i dont' know what is.

israel.kendall
06-29-2015, 10:09 AM
We'd all still buy packs if they had no chests in them. So, they're a bonus even if you're going to argue that they're not "free". If you were in a supermarket it would be "free chest with purchase of a pack of cards". Anything you get from WOF is most certainly free though. There was no need to ever implement it. And it costs you nothing other than game-earned currency to roll the wheels. The WOF packs are most certainly FREE.

We just look at it differently I guess, when I buy a pack of HEX cards I consider it buying a pack that includes a set number of cards and a chest. The chest is like a scratch off card in real life, I can win something off it, but have to buy the card first for a chance to win. That being said, I don't care if primals come from the spins or not.

nicosharp
06-29-2015, 10:22 AM
We just look at it differently I guess, when I buy a pack of HEX cards I consider it buying a pack that includes a set number of cards and a chest. The chest is like a scratch off card in real life, I can win something off it, but have to buy the card first for a chance to win. That being said, I don't care if primals come from the spins or not.
I agree with this statement. I mean, Primals were an added layer of awesomeness that makes HEX greater because of it. To think this was a stretch goal, and we may not have Primals if we didn't hit it... They are amazing.

However, the way I interpret packs being acquired is that no matter how they are generated, there should always be a primal % chance. I mean, when hex gave out the free codes for a set2 pack, Primals procced off of those! And we didn't pay gold for that.

The only 2 ways a pack should not proc primal, is if it is already in the system, and being traded amongst players, or it is created as part of a tournament entry fee "free" ticket for a tournament that requires packs as an entry fee. In these two scenarios they do not add packs to your account created from the system.

purpenflurb
06-29-2015, 10:39 AM
We'd all still buy packs if they had no chests in them.

Not that I disagree with everything you are saying, but this is completely false as a sweeping statement. For a long time, most of my motivation to play in limited was to build up chests. I wouldn't have played at all if I wasn't getting chests.

hex_colin
06-29-2015, 10:53 AM
Not that I disagree with everything you are saying, but this is completely false as a sweeping statement. For a long time, most of my motivation to play in limited was to build up chests. I wouldn't have played at all if I wasn't getting chests.

"completely false" is pretty strong.

So you wouldn't play limited and/or open packs if they didn't have chests in them? I find that hard to believe. What is more likely is that Chests might entice you to invest more money in the game by opening more packs. And that's entirely why they're there, in the same way that supermarkets give you free stuff with certain purchases - it increases their volume of business.

Eetabee
06-29-2015, 11:11 AM
Why don't packs I win on twitch streams have a chance to be primal? Data dragon should go through all streams of neo, Cirous, Alucard, etc. and retroactively award some percentage of primals for all the packs they have forced upon the community. It's not fair that streamers have that chance at the primal and not the viewer who won.

infam0usne0
06-29-2015, 11:48 AM
Haha

israel.kendall
06-29-2015, 02:48 PM
"completely false" is pretty strong.

So you wouldn't play limited and/or open packs if they didn't have chests in them? I find that hard to believe. What is more likely is that Chests might entice you to invest more money in the game by opening more packs. And that's entirely why they're there, in the same way that supermarkets give you free stuff with certain purchases - it increases their volume of business.

I'd still buy packs if there were 2 less common cards in them, but that doesn't mean every pack comes with 2 free commons. And chests would only equate to supermarket sales if chests were not already part of the product and included as part of every pack purchase.

Yoss
06-30-2015, 03:54 PM
Why don't packs I win on twitch streams have a chance to be primal? Data dragon should go through all streams of neo, Cirous, Alucard, etc. and retroactively award some percentage of primals for all the packs they have forced upon the community. It's not fair that streamers have that chance at the primal and not the viewer who won.

This would be funny if it wasn't completely irrelevant to the point the OP was trying to make. The point is that we were given the impression that every pack generated by the game would have a primal roll. It seems that's not the case. I'm not complaining that it's not the case, but I would like to have an official statement about what areas can and cannot proc a primal pack. I do not at all like this being treated as hidden information.

There's no such thing as "free" in life. Everything is paid for one way or another.

katkillad
06-30-2015, 04:24 PM
There's an easy solution to stop things like retroactively giving prizes by saying "Set 3 going forward" or "Set 3 only" for something like stardust or whatever things they want to implement in the future.

If primal chance and chest spin prizes ever get to the point where they are hurting the game I hope they turn down the drop rate.

Thrawn
06-30-2015, 04:30 PM
My two cents is that I would have zero issues if they just changed it so you can ONLY get primal procs from direct store purchases and nothing else.

Incindium
06-30-2015, 04:36 PM
Were Primal packs something that are going to be able to proc from chest contents(from opening them) or was that only normal packs?

Even if not directly in the loot tables it would be pretty epic to open a chest that procs a pack that procs a primal.

wolzarg
06-30-2015, 05:11 PM
Were Primal packs something that are going to be able to proc from chest contents(from opening them) or was that only normal packs?

Even if not directly in the loot tables it would be pretty epic to open a chest that procs a pack that procs a primal.
I don't want to hear about that one in a infintity guy that just chains 15 primals from each other... i mean cool to be him but just ewww lucky bastards.

Svenn
06-30-2015, 05:49 PM

I thought primals had a chance to proc any time a pack was generated by the system? When did that change? I don't even care abotu them not being possible from WoF, I just didn't know it was possible to generate a new pack with no chance at primal.

Fyren
06-30-2015, 05:53 PM
Is it just me or does Colin seem grumpier after staying up for a week straight judging 300 combo contest entries? :p

wolzarg
06-30-2015, 06:08 PM
I'm not going to force any specific reasons for it but indeed seems a bit cranky today.

israel.kendall
06-30-2015, 06:12 PM
He hasn't even posted in this thread today so no clue...

hex_colin
06-30-2015, 07:18 PM
Is it just me or does Colin seem grumpier after staying up for a week straight judging 300 combo contest entries? :p

Not grumpy. ;) Just have a hard time with the general sense of entitlement that's pervaded a lot of threads recently. No matter what HEX gives it's never enough for some fraction of the population. :(

Xenavire
07-01-2015, 12:53 AM
Not grumpy. ;) Just have a hard time with the general sense of entitlement that's pervaded a lot of threads recently. No matter what HEX gives it's never enough for some fraction of the population. :(

I feel the same, honestly. My only real gripe has been making some items too restrictive and hard to get, for no acceptable reasons. Like some of the convocation stuff seems a little skewed towards overly difficult.

I don't want to ask for more, I just want a better shot at actually getting something for my time during timed events (as unlikely as it is, a person could easily spend the entire duration of an event and get nothing, or at least not the specific item they want, and that does worry me a little.) I can see why they have done it with the convocation stuff, but it feels like erring on the side of caution on this side of the event. Maybe my tune will change afterwards, but I would feel better if the convocation packs were awarded to 1st and 2nd in drafts etc.The 2013/14 packs would still be 4x rarer than the 2015 one, and the 2013/14 have 3 mercs that will never be seen again (remembering that they bind) compared to 2015 (which have no mercs, everything can be traded forever.) Feels like they could stand to be a little more common. Not overly so, just enough that those mercs don't dry up almost instantly.

LNQ
07-01-2015, 02:47 AM
Wait a minute. The general consensus among the community has been since the beginning that primals can proc whenever a new pack is generated. As Svenn said, when did this change?

These things need to be communicated to the community. No one has ever corrected anyone that primals cant proc from vip or wof rewards before colins post on this thread.

This needs to be sorted out. Tell us how the system works ffs so that there wont be a need for these threads.

LNQ
07-01-2015, 03:48 AM
I'd like to add that it has a profound effect on the value of generating such a pack. A pack with no chance of primal is worth about 170 plat if a pack with the 2% chance would be worth 200 plat (store bought).

I take no stance on whether they should or should not have a chance to proc primals. Just it needs to be made clear to everyone.

Yoss
07-01-2015, 08:23 AM
I'd like to add that it has a profound effect on the value of generating such a pack. A pack with no chance of primal is worth about 170 plat if a pack with the 2% chance would be worth 200 plat (store bought).

I take no stance on whether they should or should not have a chance to proc primals. Just it needs to be made clear to everyone.

This.

Sparrow
07-01-2015, 08:59 AM
I think I received a primal pack from Wheel of Fate, though I'm not positive. All I can say is after winning a pack there I found a primal in my collection I didn't know I had. This was some months ago. Not conclusive by any means.

I pray Hex stops with the retro give-aways. Very bad precedent to set since the game will be evolving for the foreseeable future. For example, what's going to happen when VIP events end and Hex announces their plans to deal with the remaining VIP ticks? What if in some small way, they end up being worth more than before? OR what if Hex decides they'll be worth nothing? We gonna retro ticks for everyone that already spent/didn't spend theirs? We going to allow people to buy into the VIP program after the fact because they didn't know such and such was going to happen? Or refund VIP because people expected their ticks to be worth more than zero after VIP events end? At the risk of being smacked down for using a word (gasp!) the overly sensitive find pejorative, it's a little ridiculous.

nicosharp
07-01-2015, 09:07 AM
It's something we need to get used to. This is a first world problem... We are playing a video game that glorifies spending money to grow a collection..........
Entitlement is the least of our worries. We could be buying drinkable water for kids in foreign countries, but instead we buy virtual cardboard.

I'm quite ashamed really that there is a negative connotation to a portion of the forum community interested in more value for their dollar.

Xenavire
07-01-2015, 09:13 AM
It's something we need to get used to. This is a first world problem... We are playing a video game that glorifies spending money to grow a collection..........
Entitlement is the least of our worries. We could be buying drinkable water for kids in foreign countries, but instead we buy virtual cardboard.

I'm quite ashamed really that there is a negative connotation to a portion of the forum community interested in more value for their dollar.

I think the main gripe about it is that they already get amazing value 99% of the time. HexEnt is very generous.

nicosharp
07-01-2015, 09:15 AM
I think the main gripe about it is that they already get amazing value 99% of the time. HexEnt is very generous.
Yes, if you use MTG:O as your benchmark for everything :)
I don't disagree, but for grey area conversations, I don't let value-add suggestions salt me up.

Xenavire
07-01-2015, 09:25 AM
Yes, if you use MTG:O as your benchmark for everything :)
I don't disagree, but for grey area conversations, I don't let value-add suggestions salt me up.

I actually never tried MTG:O, so I am saying they are just generous in general. :p

LNQ
07-01-2015, 10:24 AM
In these sort of games it's very important that the economy is managed professionally. Luckily Chark is very capable in this sense, so Hex in my opinion is in good hands.

This issue of where primals can and can not proc is important, a case that needs to be handled with respect towards the community in my opinion. The approach that the topic shouldn't be discussed because some people want more value for their time is not a good approach.

Though on the other hand there isn't really much to discuss, just to hope that there will eventually be an official clarification on the case. :)