PDA

View Full Version : To the scumbag...

Caldera
06-30-2015, 10:16 AM
To the scumbag who has 1 of most common cards listed on the AH for 2000 plat, presumably to take advantage of the "Price Max: " filter being broken (at least for me, who had it set to 10 plat but didn't realize it wasn't working until i was wondering where all my plat had just gone). Screw you. I just blew my entire month's Hex budget buying your damn 2000 platinum Immortal Tears while trying to fill out my set 1 collection. This pricing is borderline as far as being an outright scam, but is a jerk move at the very least.

I did put in a support ticket to see if the trade could be reversed. Have always had excellent customer service from Hex to date, so hoping for the best there. $20 is a lot to me. Does anyone know if the price max filter is a known issue and/or fixed on the test server?

nicosharp
06-30-2015, 10:23 AM
How is it their fault that you bought this?
but Yikes... anti-bot tactics!

I learned my lesson a long time ago.

israel.kendall
06-30-2015, 10:26 AM
Sucks man, but on the bright side I bet you never buy a card without looking at the price again. While I don't agree with these sales methods, I also do not feel HEX should be reversing any AH sales.

Caldera
06-30-2015, 10:37 AM
I did 'look at the price'...by using the max price filter. Which, as i only found out the hard way, does not appear to be working. I was in the middle of buying a few hundred cards here to fill out my collection, and the jerk(s) got me. I'm not claiming that I didn't make the purchase nor am I looking for sympathy; i posted both to vent as well as to question the max price filter.

nicosharp
06-30-2015, 10:41 AM
I did 'look at the price'...by using the max price filter. Which, as i only found out the hard way, does not appear to be working. I was in the middle of buying a few hundred cards here to fill out my collection, and the jerk(s) got me. I'm not claiming that I didn't make the purchase nor am I looking for sympathy; i posted both to vent as well as to question the max price filter.
Next time you try to fill your collection of commons - message me first. I'll try to offset the burn you just had by giving you a few.

The price max filter is not broken, it just does not account for the buyout. It is the max price at min-bid. They could easily fix it as buyout max price - and yes, it should be set to that.. But most people are very well aware after 1 single search that price max works this way.

Salverus
06-30-2015, 10:43 AM
i always click once on the last column, that sorts by lowest bid first. If you then select buyout only, you only need to check the first 3-4 items since the starting bid of item 5 is usually already higher than the buyout of item 1.

thegreybetween
06-30-2015, 10:45 AM
It is wickedly ironic that this all occurred over the purchase of Immortal Tears.

Sorry for your woes. If you PM me in-game (IGN Greyhaven) with a list of the stuff you're trying to acquire, I'll be happy to help you with some freebies to recover a bit. I'm at work now, but I'll respond later tonight.

[Edit - Ninja'd by Nicosharp. The offer still stands though]

Xenavire
06-30-2015, 10:45 AM
If you keep clicking the tab to sort, there are actually multiple ways the cards are shown, I believe it takes 4 clicks to show by 'lowest buyout'.

Zophie
06-30-2015, 10:50 AM
Oops

funktion
06-30-2015, 10:55 AM
Sure you might've made the mistake of not double checking the price... But is that really the best we can do in this type of situation. I see stuff listed for the gold price as plat all the time in addition to what you just mentioned (which could be an honest mistake). Even if there is some sort of recourse here not every instance will be reported.

Caldera
06-30-2015, 11:02 AM
3 offers so far from folks who want to help me out. Great community here, between this and previous giveaways from generous folks. It's one of the reasons i play. Not really looking for handouts - nor do i even know of a way to make a list of what I'm missing short of sorting my collection by showing all items, sorting by reverse quantity, and typing it all up.

In an attempt to make thread productive and not just 'complainy", i'll post a few suggestions:

- If CZE is going to have the 'max price:' filter only look at bids and not buyouts, please label it to clearly say so. Especially since it is right next to a 'buyouts only' checkbox. This being the first time i tried it, it looked fine on the first few commons i bought, until i hit a common where the 2000 plat item happened to be among the top several items which i clicked through quickly (even after having sorted by clicking the header 4x). Lesson learned, but it also needs to be labelled better - or, put in a second similar function for buyout next to the existing option. I'm not particularly new myself to the game, but new players should not have to learn these lessons the hard way. For that matter, how on earth are they to know that they have to click a column header 4 times to sort.

- I know i'd get little to no support by asking the developers to take direct action against unscrupulous sellers who take advantage of AH limitations such as above to rip people off. So how about this: There appears to be a price floor currently on how low items can be priced - how about a price ceiling also, at least on commons/uncommons? The idea would have sounded silly to me until recently when I've been playing a lot of Fifa 15 - there is an auction house for players/items there, and they put in floors and ceilings to inhibit botting and what would be their equivalent of unauthorized platinum sellers. This would both protect buyers as well as inhibit transfers by unauthorized gold/plat sellers (if that even happens with this game yet, i dunno).

EDIT: ok, someone pointed out that these cases might be people accidentally posting prices in plat instead of gold. I hadn't thought about that. Price ceiling would help here too.

thegreybetween
06-30-2015, 11:06 AM
In any event, I recommend that you drop some Stardust on that badboy and frame it. That card has some stories to tell now.

nicosharp
06-30-2015, 11:07 AM
- I know i'd get little to no support by asking the developers to take direct action against unscrupulous sellers who take advantage of AH limitations such as above to rip people off. So how about this: There appears to be a price floor currently on how low items can be priced - how about a price ceiling also, at least on commons/uncommons? The idea would have sounded silly to me until recently when I've been playing a lot of Fifa 15 - there is an auction house for players/items there, and they put in floors and ceilings to inhibit botting and what would be their equivalent of unauthorized platinum sellers. This would both protect buyers as well as inhibit transfers by unauthorized gold/plat sellers (if that even happens with this game yet, i dunno).

I support price ceilings, however, an Immortal Tears could one day be worth $20 in plat if Double-back achievements/EA/Foil etc. are achieved on the card. It's hard to say what a card is really worth, and you don't want people forced to sell 3rd party if there is a rarity fluke with something that is heavily sought after, but worth more than a odd setting.

Fact of the matter is. There needs to be better sorting options. Also, people need to be more careful with virtual money that they spent real-money for. Because it is a player created economy - it's not like HEX can offer Steam returns...
However, I think people that make that much plat for a stupid card worth 2000%+ less should DIAF.

israel.kendall
06-30-2015, 11:22 AM
I don't agree with price ceilings at all. Maybe they should make a big pop up window telling you the price of the item you're buying and click to confirm.

nicosharp
06-30-2015, 11:26 AM
I don't agree with price ceilings at all. Maybe they should make a big pop up window telling you the price of the item you're buying and click to confirm.
They could even have something like an Apple ID password that is linked to AH purchases, and you can set a threshold that if you spend over 500 plat, you need to enter your HEX Store password.

Xenavire
06-30-2015, 11:30 AM
They could even have something like an Apple ID password that is linked to AH purchases, and you can set a threshold that if you spend over 500 plat, you need to enter your HEX Store password.

I think that might make Colin cry (not that he has a lot of reason to use the AH... :p)

israel.kendall
06-30-2015, 11:37 AM

I was kinda being sarcastic, there is already a big pop-up window unless you turned it off.

Fyren
06-30-2015, 11:42 AM
I was kinda being sarcastic, there is already a big pop-up window unless you turned it off.

Where is this setting to activate/deactivate it? It's not in settings...

Or is it a "Don't show this again" clicky thing? I don't... feel like blowing 500p on something just to test it. :p

Caldera
06-30-2015, 11:46 AM
Where is this setting to activate/deactivate it? It's not in settings...

Or is it a "Don't show this again" clicky thing? I don't... feel like blowing 500p on something just to test it. :p

It is a 'dont show this again' thing. But that's broken too. I just had to click through it about 100 times.

israel.kendall
06-30-2015, 11:58 AM
I don't know if there is a way to reactivate it after you turn it off. I leave mine on as a safety of sorts. And I'm a pretty heavy trader so it pops up a lot.

Fyren
06-30-2015, 12:08 PM
- nor do i even know of a way to make a list of what I'm missing short of sorting my collection by showing all items, sorting by reverse quantity, and typing it all up.

Slightly off topic, but you can auto-sync with http://hex.tcgbrowser.com (http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/tools/sync/ contains the instructions) and then have HexTCGBrowser automatically generate a wishlist based on what you're missing. It's a great tool, better than trying to use the in-game card-manager when I sell things.

EDIT: ok, someone pointed out that these cases might be people accidentally posting prices in plat instead of gold. I hadn't thought about that. Price ceiling would help here too.

I've done that. The difference is, no one BOUGHT it, but I did that. :p

Caldera
06-30-2015, 12:26 PM
Slightly off topic, but you can auto-sync with http://hex.tcgbrowser.com

Excellent site, thanks.

RCDv57
06-30-2015, 12:37 PM
So thats why people do that?
I always wondered why people listed things for absurd amounts of plat.

Raith
06-30-2015, 12:45 PM
Yep, I have done it a couple times by accident and cancelled the auction since I don't want to risk someone buying it. Still, it's very possible to not realize it. Generally, I'm paying more attention to make sure I don't accidentally post some expensive legendary card for 1,000 gold. :P

Zophie
06-30-2015, 12:54 PM
So thats why people do that?
I always wondered why people listed things for absurd amounts of plat.

They might have just intended to switch the currency to gold when posting it but forgot or misclicked, or just typed the number wrong when listing several cards in a row.

selpai
06-30-2015, 01:17 PM
Slightly off topic, but you can auto-sync with http://hex.tcgbrowser.com (http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/tools/sync/ contains the instructions) and then have HexTCGBrowser automatically generate a wishlist based on what you're missing. It's a great tool, better than trying to use the in-game card-manager when I sell things.

I can't seem to get their sync instructions to work. Can you offer any help?

Fyren
06-30-2015, 02:24 PM
I can't seem to get their sync instructions to work. Can you offer any help?

There have been two causes for sync failures that I've run into: One was my own firewalls/connection blockers, and the other was their server being down, though the sync has been working for me today so the latter isn't likely.

But to be sure:

Originally Posted by bogycoins
When you want to make sure that the server is up and running fine, you can open the URL (http://hex.tcgbrowser.com:8080/sync?YOUR_SYNC_CODE) in your browser and you should see a "The code is correct, username" message. If the page doesn't open at all, then there's a problem on my side.

If that doesn't help, then you can post your issues on the board at http://tcgbrowser.com/forum/; the guy will get back to you in a day or so.

Phenteo
06-30-2015, 02:27 PM
I just wanted to say that I am sorry for the situation. Unfortunately, it is a buyer beware situation where you should double-check before purchasing any item in the auction house. Customer Service most likely won't be able to take any actions, however you have already come across some of our amazing community members who are willing to help you out! :D

On a side note, I can confirm that this purchase DID happen and I will look deeper into the user who is selling commons for 2k platinum. If they are doing it on purpose to scam players, we may be able to take actions, but there are no rules in the game where a player is not allowed to post any card/item in the game for 2k platinum. Just please, keep a close eye on things moving forward.

darkwonders
06-30-2015, 02:59 PM

Holy Crap! I did not know about this. I've been manually changing mine ever since I signed up for that site...

Thrawn
06-30-2015, 03:16 PM
We're a bit off topic now, but can hextcgbrowser handle AA cards yet? I haven't played with it for a bit, but I know when I last did it lumped AA and regular cards in your collection together.

Fyren
06-30-2015, 03:21 PM
We're a bit off topic now, but can hextcgbrowser handle AA cards yet? I haven't played with it for a bit, but I know when I last did it lumped AA and regular cards in your collection together.

Nah, still doesn't do AAs; apparently they can't until the API output supports it.

katkillad
06-30-2015, 03:22 PM
Price ceilings in Hex is the absolute worst idea. People should just be more careful, if you are only looking for cards to buy with gold then select the gold only filter.

That being said, the AH really needs some work with it's filters. I shouldn't have to click something 4 times to get to the lowest buyout item to be the first thing on the list displayed.

IronPheasant
06-30-2015, 03:30 PM
If they are doing it on purpose to scam players, we may be able to take actions, but there are no rules in the game where a player is not allowed to post any card/item in the game for 2k platinum. Just please, keep a close eye on things moving forward.

Of course it's a simple passive aggressive trap of doooom.

It's like fingers and table saws, after enough hours someone is going to lose a finger either way. A dropped zero on a Monsuun here, a tired blurry-eyed guy paying an overwhelming 270 gold for a Chimera Guard Officer there, stuff happens.

I will of course advocate that oldest of advice for the developers though: COMMAS. I know they can be a bit of a pain to implement requiring a query to the operating system, since there's a billion schemas in use across the world. But delineators are made of magic and should be on the feature list.

click something 4 times to get to the lowest buyout item to be the first thing on the list displayed.

I hate the number of clicks this takes too. Mostly since it has to take 2.4 seconds to load another four items with every click.

wurtil
06-30-2015, 03:45 PM
As someone who sold a Brosi Buk a couple days ago for 2000 gold, I certainly can believe any story about messing up the gold/plat radio buttons.

RobHaven
06-30-2015, 04:01 PM
I just wanted to say that I am sorry for the situation. Unfortunately, it is a buyer beware situation where you should double-check before purchasing any item in the auction house. Customer Service most likely won't be able to take any actions, however you have already come across some of our amazing community members who are willing to help you out! :D

On a side note, I can confirm that this purchase DID happen and I will look deeper into the user who is selling commons for 2k platinum. If they are doing it on purpose to scam players, we may be able to take actions, but there are no rules in the game where a player is not allowed to post any card/item in the game for 2k platinum. Just please, keep a close eye on things moving forward.

How is this an actionable offense? Isn't this kind of a slippery slope? Taking action against a player for playing the market...where do you draw the line in what are acceptable prices? Isn't that the same as setting a ceiling?

I don't know... I just don't like the feel of this situation. I think "buyer beware" should be the beginning and end of the conversation.

Ertzi
06-30-2015, 04:02 PM
As someone who sold a Brosi Buk a couple days ago for 2000 gold, I certainly can believe any story about messing up the gold/plat radio buttons.

Ouch.

wolzarg
06-30-2015, 05:17 PM
I have done this before and it was a honest mistake as i pay 1000x as much attention to it not being gold when i try to list for plat compared to the other way around. I did how ever cancel mine right away and relist but its a honest mistake most likely and as phenteo said if this is systematic he most certainly can be punished.

hex_colin
06-30-2015, 05:40 PM
How is this an actionable offense? Isn't this kind of a slippery slope? Taking action against a player for playing the market...where do you draw the line in what are acceptable prices? Isn't that the same as setting a ceiling?

I don't know... I just don't like the feel of this situation. I think "buyer beware" should be the beginning and end of the conversation.

100% agree

I have done this before and it was a honest mistake as i pay 1000x as much attention to it not being gold when i try to list for plat compared to the other way around. I did how ever cancel mine right away and relist but its a honest mistake most likely and as phenteo said if this is systematic he most certainly can be punished.

I don't agree at all. Folks should be able to post their cards, irrespective of rarity or the community's perceived value, for whatever they want. Buyers have the responsibility to make sure they are paying what they want to pay. There is no need for any oversight or intervention here.

wolzarg
06-30-2015, 06:00 PM
I guess you are right i just really really hate people who predate on new players who don't know better. Its like a guy i talked to that got tricked out of 300$ in another card game and just flat out left because he was so disgusted with the community.

But in all fairness as you say the information is definitely there so its not the same thing you can see that you are going to pay 2000p if you take the time to look which you should. So there are no trade swapping shenanigans and the like.

Playing the market and trying to trick people with a 2000% markup on BO and a low bid is not really the same thing tho. I see what you are saying and i guess i agree that a policy of we don't interact with the market being the be all end all is better. But lets not call systematically tricking people playing the market because it really isn't in the example of a common that is abundant at 10p selling for 2000p.

israel.kendall
06-30-2015, 06:07 PM
While I don't agree with selling tears for 2k, I also really don't agree with punishing someone who did not violate any rules. And while I feel some empathy for a person who accidentally overpaid hugely for a card, I also feel they should take responsibility for their mistake, not look for someone else to blame.

Phenteo
06-30-2015, 06:34 PM
How is this an actionable offense?
I never said it was. I said I would look into the situation. We don't have rules for what prices you set cards and and I stated at the beginning of my post it is the responsibility of the buyer to pay attention. You can sell a card for however you feel like it, but if you are selling cards in a certain way as to try to scam people, this causes many frustrated players to either send in tickets which causes issues for the company or just leave the game and never spend more money.

I don't agree at all. Folks should be able to post their cards, irrespective of rarity or the community's perceived value, for whatever they want. Buyers have the responsibility to make sure they are paying what they want to pay. There is no need for any oversight or intervention here.
Yes, I stated it was the buyer's responsibility. But, that being said, if there is a player who understands there is a bug in the system that they can systematically exploit in order to lure unsuspecting buyers, this can cause issues for the team. We might see an increase in customer service tickets as well as lose players who would normally spend more money. Therefore this exploiting causes a negative affect to revenue and customer service.

While I don't agree with selling tears for 2k, I also really don't agree with punishing someone who did not violate any rules. And while I feel some empathy for a person who accidentally overpaid hugely for a card, I also feel they should take responsibility for their mistake, not look for someone else to blame.
You're really reaching here. I never said we would take actions, it just warranted looking into especially if the users is trying to systematically exploit unsuspecting buyers. Yes, I stated it was the responsibility of the buyer to pay attention to what they are buying and for how much. But, I would rather stop someone from exploiting and causing us to lose more potential long-term players due to being scammed.

wolzarg
06-30-2015, 06:47 PM
You're really reaching here. I never said we would take actions, it just warranted looking into especially if the users is trying to systematically exploit unsuspecting buyers. Yes, I stated it was the responsibility of the buyer to pay attention to what they are buying and for how much. But, I would rather stop someone from exploiting and causing us to lose more potential long-term players due to being scammed.
That's most likely my bad i paraphrased a bit heavily while quoting you and in doing so misrepresented your words, sorry.

israel.kendall
06-30-2015, 06:50 PM
I wasn't implying that actions would be taken really, just making a statement of how I feel in general, just as others made statements that they feel a player such as that should be punished. I'm an old Eve Online player though, so I am a bit thicker skinned to scams than the average gamer....

selpai
06-30-2015, 07:15 PM
I never said it was. I said I would look into the situation. We don't have rules for what prices you set cards and and I stated at the beginning of my post it is the responsibility of the buyer to pay attention. You can sell a card for however you feel like it, but if you are selling cards in a certain way as to try to scam people, this causes many frustrated players to either send in tickets which causes issues for the company or just leave the game and never spend more money.

Would it really hurt to have smart warnings in the AH, for posting a card or item for well under its average value? Seems like an easy solution to this problem. Though programming it might not be.

israel.kendall
06-30-2015, 07:30 PM
Would it really hurt to have smart warnings in the AH, for posting a card or item for well under its average value? Seems like an easy solution to this problem. Though programming it might not be.

Funny I mention Eve Online and then you mention this, but Eve's market gives tons of information. You get the exact average sales prices and what percent above or below that average any given item is priced at in bright red or green text. There is a pop up warning if you try to buy something priced outrageously. I like their system a LOT

https://wiki.eveonline.com/wikiEN/images/a/ab/Market3.jpg

https://wiki.eveonline.com/wikiEN/images/b/b1/Market4.jpg

hex_colin
06-30-2015, 07:34 PM
Funny I mention Eve Online and then you mention this, but Eve's market gives tons of information. You get the exact average sales prices and what percent above or below that average any given item is priced at in bright red or green text. There is a pop up warning if you try to buy something priced outrageously. I like their system a LOT

They've only had 10+ more years to get to that point though... ;) We'll get there sooner rather than later.

Mojumbo
06-30-2015, 07:40 PM
That's harsh, op. I'd hate for that to happen to me :(

israel.kendall
06-30-2015, 07:41 PM
They've only had 10+ more years to get to that point though... ;) We'll get there sooner rather than later.

I hope so, would be freaking amazing

Thrawn
06-30-2015, 07:53 PM
I can't think of any game off hand with a better market system to aspire to than Eve.

But I'm also an Eve player that enjoys the "spreadsheets online" side of the game and thinks the policies on markets, scams, ganking etc. is also fantastic. :rolleyes:

israel.kendall
06-30-2015, 08:01 PM
I can't think of any game off hand with a better market system to aspire to than Eve.

But I'm also an Eve player that enjoys the "spreadsheets online" side of the game and thinks the policies on markets, scams, ganking etc. is also fantastic. :rolleyes:

hmm, wonder if we've ever shot at each other before, ever been to Molden Health? lol

Showsni
06-30-2015, 10:09 PM
You know what they say, caveat emptor...

Now, if someone's deliberately trying to scam (say, making false claims on an ebay auction page, or posting in chat that they've just listed an Angel of Dawn for a low price when they actually listed it for a high price, or something) then obviously they can be punished. But if someone's just openly listed a card for a high value, I don't see that there's any way to rebuke them for it.

Phenteo
06-30-2015, 11:48 PM

I spent many an hour just mining..... :D

Salverus
07-01-2015, 12:13 AM
When i see something like this on hexprice, i always wonder on the story behind it;
http://hexprice.com/Card/Mancubus
http://hexprice.com/Card/Hideous%20Conversion <- LOL

israel.kendall
07-01-2015, 12:19 AM
I spent many an hour just mining..... :D

I heard all teh good ore is in lowsec, cruise on over in your Orca :D

Kroan
07-01-2015, 01:36 AM
At least your a blip on the hexprice chart now :]

http://www.hexprice.com/Card/Immortal%20Tears

strawwmann
07-01-2015, 01:37 AM
When i see something like this on hexprice, i always wonder on the story behind it;
http://hexprice.com/Card/Mancubus
http://hexprice.com/Card/Hideous%20Conversion <- LOL

Speaking of try this:
HexPrice Immortal Tears - sorry tale behind that spike (http://hexprice.com/Card/Immortal%20Tears)

http://i.imgur.com/gJCPvi3.jpg

I agree completely, so often you view market spikes dispassionately (especially in real life) and just have to wonder what was going on to drive those weird market movements.
Behind every one of these is an untold human story - that piques our curiosity but will never be resolved.
In this case, even if it didn't work out well for you Caldera, it's interesting to know the backstory of what was going on.

@Caldera - you might want to print this chart out and frame it, together with your stard-dusted (EA) Immortal Tears.

In the long-term it will be great when the cards (in AH, collection, draft etc.) are connected to market data to make it easy to filter out excessively high prices (and quickly find bargains), but I can see that that isn't a priority at the moment.
In the meantime it's buyer beware & becoming familiar with the interface (& yes, I had the reverse problem before - listed a rare for gold instead of plat - unsurpisingly it sold by the time I noticed the toggle option was on gold & tried to reverse it - c'est la vie, you live, you learn, you try not to make the same mistake again, but know I will anway :) )

Vorpal
07-01-2015, 07:50 AM
The price max filter is not broken, it just does not account for the buyout. It is the max price at min-bid.

So it is a 'min price' filter. IE - completely broken.

If they deliberately set it this way it is, as you point out, a shockingly appalling bad piece of design.

dbug
07-01-2015, 08:02 AM

Good you mention Eve. Eve has a system that "prevents" this kind of scams.

If you buy a item, you pay the price you clicked on. But its not neccessarily the person that listet the item for that price makes the sale. In Eve always the person with the cheapest sale makes the sale to the price the buyer clicked on.

e.g.

Seller 1 list item for 100
Seller 2 list item for 100.000

Buyer accidently buys for 100.000. He pays 100.000 but Seller 1 gets 100.000 for the item he listed for 100.

strawwmann
07-01-2015, 08:18 AM

If they deliberately set it this way it is, as you point out, a shockingly appalling bad piece of design.

I thought this simply sorted by BID PRICE, rather than BUYOUT price, and that it would toggle between sorting the AH list in ascending or descending order each time you press the [Minimum Bid] column heading.

But it does in fact seem to be quite broken/bugged :(
I've just done an AH search for Immortal Tears, and as I click the [Minimum Bid] column heading it cycles between between FOUR different orderings of the listings with the top item on page 1 cycling as follows (Bid/Buyout prices):

3/2000 Plat
69/NA Gold
3/4 Plat
28/299 Gold

I see someone is trying their luck at 2000 Plat for Immortal Tears again ;) - good on ya!

So it seems the only way to reliably find the cheapest buyout price is to scroll through the whole list manually.
Still though, it is quite clear what you paying before you commit to buy - if you don't want to pay 2000 Plat for Immortal Tears don't buyout an item where it's listed so high.

It would be nice if clicking the column heading would toggle correctly between ascending & descending BID PRICE (& ascending & descending BUYOUT PRICE too) & update the column headings to indicate the sort order at the time.
[UPDATE: It's not broken, just not obvious what it is doing. On checking again, it seems that clicking on the column heading does, which is why it toggles between FOUR combinations of sort orders!:

current Bid Price ascending
current Bid Price descending
Buyout Price ascending
Buyout Price descending
I only just found that out myself - it would be nice if the column heading updated to show when it was sorting by Bid Price & when it was sorting by Buyout Price.]

A comma to separate thousands would also be nice (especially with Gold, where I've often seen listings with an extra 0 or two, that isn't that obivous on expensive items).

dbug
07-01-2015, 08:33 AM
As far as i know there are four different states you can sort by clicking on 'minimum bid'

-lowest bid
-highest bid
-lowest buyout
-highest buyout

It is not very intuetive that you can get 4 different sorting results by clicking on one column. But it doesnt seemed bugged for me.

TOOT
07-01-2015, 08:33 AM
If they don't want to overhaul the AH just yet, I'd hope they can make a small improvement with the new patch. That being, the default display is sorted by lowest BIN. Seems that is what is used the majority of the time, and will remove the "4 clicks" clunkiness most people experience when getting to this.

nicosharp
07-01-2015, 08:45 AM

I was kind of being sarcastic - but it does work, just not for what it was 'intended' to work for. At least how many of us would interpret it....
the 'min price' right now will not show anything lower than it in price for 'min bid'
So both ranges make sense, if the labeling was more explicit.

ossuary
07-01-2015, 09:25 AM
If you want the cheapest price to buy right now, there are four sort options on the final column (max bid). Clicking on this four times will give you the cheapest price you can buy the card for at this exact second, using the buy it now option. This does not take into account possibly bidding on the item and winning it for less when the auction expires, but that's a risky way to try to get cards anyway, since it's very likely that you'll be outbid.

Phenteo
07-01-2015, 11:41 AM
I heard all teh good ore is in lowsec, cruise on over in your Orca :D

I make a decent income in highsec, thanks. ;)

Warrender
07-01-2015, 11:47 AM
My sympathies for your unfortunate purchase.

But, wow, that's some pro-level trolling using that particular card for the deception.

Thrawn
07-01-2015, 12:07 PM
I make a decent income in highsec, thanks. ;)

Stop making me want to play Eve. I miss popping high sec miners.

israel.kendall
07-01-2015, 12:39 PM
Stop making me want to play Eve. I miss popping high sec miners.

Me too, my corp actually won Hulkageddon IV, those were the good ol' days.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-TY224IUGreI/TXVo5M0ZRBI/AAAAAAAAACc/nJGN2gdd2i4/s1600/Hulkageddon+1.png

Jonesy
07-01-2015, 03:51 PM
While we're complaining about how we're not protected from our own stupidity can we purge the AH of the bots that always buy my accidentally listed for gold items faster than I can immediately cancel them? I don't care to blow a bunch of money to test it but seriously, every single time, within seconds, someone has bought it. Has to be a bot.

Caldera
07-01-2015, 04:35 PM
I came home from work today to find that the INCREDIBLY GENEROUS Nero_Jinous sent me 2k platinum to replace that which I blew on the infamous Immortal Tears. (and yeah, lol at the name of the card this happened with) Thank you so much - hope you don't mind that I post about your kind gesture here. Owe you one!

Thanks also to Phenteo for joining the discussion. On this and many other occasions you guys show that you really do care. I think the 'posting commons for 2k plat' thing is someone doing it intentionally; while checking random commons late yesterday I saw quite a lot of them had a single 2k buyout listed. If they were all different amounts or if there weren't so many, I might be able to believe they were accidentally meant for gold pricing, but the number and consistency here doesn't look so good.

As for Eve online...I was never a super-serious player, but did a whole lot of fun Blockade Running in my trusty Viator. Mostly low sec. Good times!

nicosharp
07-01-2015, 04:39 PM
I came home from work today to find that the INCREDIBLY GENEROUS Nero_Jinous sent me 2k platinum to replace that which I blew on the infamous Immortal Tears. (and yeah, lol at the name of the card this happened with) Thank you so much - hope you don't mind that I post about your kind gesture here. Owe you one!

Thanks also to Phenteo for joining the discussion. On this and many other occasions you guys show that you really do care. I think the 'posting commons for 2k plat' thing is someone doing it intentionally; while checking random commons late yesterday I saw quite a lot of them had a single 2k buyout listed. If they were all different amounts or if there weren't so many, I might be able to believe they were accidentally meant for gold pricing, but the number and consistency here doesn't look so good.

As for Eve online...I was never a super-serious player, but did a whole lot of fun Blockade Running in my trusty Viator. Mostly low sec. Good times!

Damn that Nero guy inching ever closer to next exalted.

israel.kendall
07-01-2015, 04:56 PM

That's pretty awesome of him. Maybe you could EA the tears and send them to him lol

Thrawn
07-01-2015, 05:26 PM

Actually this is a market UI screenshot from ~10 years ago - https://i.imgur.com/3A2g9JH.jpg :D

theghost32
07-01-2015, 05:57 PM
wow that brings me back havent played eve in years

Zophie
07-01-2015, 06:40 PM
EVE Online was one of the main reasons I upgraded to 3 monitors on my PC a couple years ago. Loved that game on and off for many years, but stopped playing last year after nullsec alliance politics got boring for me. Elite Dangerous is my space game of choice nowadays, at least until Star Citizen gets their full game put together.

israel.kendall
07-01-2015, 06:56 PM
So many Eve players here, I never would have guessed, especially since this community is like the polar opposite of Eve's community LOL. I was a small gang low sec player mostly. We also did planetary bombardments for Dust because we also had Dust corps. Planetary bombardments led to some of the most fun battles I've ever had in Eve. Then politics ruined Dust when 90% of the guys teamed up and stopped fighting over planets.

FlyingMeatchip
07-01-2015, 11:10 PM
I sold a Legionnaire of Gwaine today for 167 gold.....it happens. Live and learn and check twice before hitting buyout or create auction button. It sold in seconds.

FlyingMeatchip
07-01-2015, 11:17 PM

There are no rules against this and I would agree but CZE does make a floor where cards have to be sold at a minimum price. Why not make a ceiling as well? Certainly no common card can be worth $20 in Plat.

RamzaBehoulve
07-02-2015, 04:57 AM
I just want to point out that most high plat value postings on common/uncommon are actually mistakes. People think they are posting in gold, but didn't flip the switch. It also happen in reverse in which case you'd be pretty happy as a buyer I imagine.

RamzaBehoulve
07-02-2015, 05:00 AM
While we're complaining about how we're not protected from our own stupidity can we purge the AH of the bots that always buy my accidentally listed for gold items faster than I can immediately cancel them? I don't care to blow a bunch of money to test it but seriously, every single time, within seconds, someone has bought it. Has to be a bot.

That's not a bot, it's normal people with quick hands and smart use of the AH.

strawwmann
07-02-2015, 05:54 AM
That's not a bot, it's normal people with quick hands and smart use of the AH.

>>Murder
>>Murder
>>Murder
>>Murder
>>Murder
>>Murder
>>Murder

Vorpal
07-02-2015, 09:33 AM
EVE's market systems were amazing, and I had great fun playing the market and amassing a fortune from basically nothing.

Started out as a low sec pirate way back when the game started (in the days of m0oo), the outrage when you blew up people's ships in low sec was pretty amazing.

OTOH running exploration sites in low sec and being ready to bail as soon as other pirates showed up was a pretty tense adrenaline rush.

Aradon
07-02-2015, 10:04 AM
EVE's market systems were amazing, and I had great fun playing the market and amassing a fortune from basically nothing.

Started out as a low sec pirate way back when the game started (in the days of m0oo), the outrage when you blew up people's ships in low sec was pretty amazing.

OTOH running exploration sites in low sec and being ready to bail as soon as other pirates showed up was a pretty tense adrenaline rush.

I did exploration in providence for a little while. I enjoyed it well enough, but Provi was a rather safe system. Never actually got ambushed by other ships while relic hunting. Worst to happen would just be another blue show up and start opening my loot :P

I never got used to combat in Eve, unfortunately, or else I probably would have found a lot more exciting things to do.

israel.kendall
07-02-2015, 10:08 AM

The adrenaline rush, that's what the game was about to me. No other game I've played has given me such an adrenaline rush like Eve, where I literally got the shakes lol

Zophie
07-02-2015, 10:35 AM
The adrenaline rush, that's what the game was about to me. No other game I've played has given me such an adrenaline rush like Eve, where I literally got the shakes lol

God that is so true, I did so many stealth runs in and out of nullsec smuggling blueprints and and other stuff for our alliance, and sneaking past gate camps out there got to be the most fun for me, and holy crap did it get my heart racing! I'm proud to say I was never caught a single time but I definitely had some crazy intense moments doing it, barely getting through some of those gates by the skin of my teeth... good times! :)

Phenteo
07-02-2015, 11:31 AM
Ok, this thread's original topic isn't being discussed anymore. Feel free to talk about EVE in the off topic thread! :D