PDA

View Full Version : drop in AH pack cost due to set 3 announcement?

Sparrow
07-01-2015, 03:49 AM
I haven't checked pack prices in a couple weeks, but the lowest priced listings are about 3-5% less than when I last checked. Is this just normal fluctuation or a drop due to set 3's release announcement? That would be in line with what I mentally predicted and I think they'll drop further once set 3 comes out. Am I looking at this right? Anyway, they're almost low enough to be worth purchasing instead of going to the store, not quite though.

desk
07-01-2015, 04:16 AM
I think its more set 3 release date then normal fluctuation. Set 1/2 cards have also started to drop in price, I've picked up some good values already and will continue to as prices further drop in the beginning of set 3 before going up again.

Poetic
07-01-2015, 04:24 AM
Now's a good time to buy if you're into speculation. I'm too lazy for all that though, I usually finish my set playset asap and then hoard plat for the next set.

chromus
07-01-2015, 04:26 AM
Set 1 card prices have indeed dropped before picking up again after the new set hype went down when Set 2 was released. I expect similar trends with Set 3.
One difference that we might see however, is the further increase in price of Set 1+ Set 2 chase Legendaries and Rares post Set 3 release due to much less Set 1/2 packs being opened (as most people will be Drafting/cracking open Set 3 packs only). It's a good time to complete your playsets of the best cards from the first 2 Sets if you haven't already done so... :)

Kroan
07-01-2015, 04:55 AM
He's talking about packs, not cards...

Packs are going down since less people draft. This trend will continue when the 2-2-1 draft rotate out to make room for 3-3-3. The packs might gain value in the future, depending on how the constructed formats look like in the future.

chromus
07-01-2015, 05:21 AM
Card prices are correlated to pack prices. Also, I was replying to post #2.

The Set1/2 packs gaining value will be much slower and less apparent than chase Rares/Legendaries from those sets gaining value once 2-2-1 draft rotates out, especially if there is a significant increase in the playerbase post Set 3 release.

juggernaut
07-01-2015, 05:36 AM
Also, a glut of packs entered the economy from the latest VIP tournaments this weekend, pushing down Set 2 pack prices.

QuartZ
07-01-2015, 10:00 AM
hmmm i dont know what the price has been last month but yesterday i sold a lot of set 1 packs for 160p and set 2 for 170
seems a good price to me, all of those came from tournaments/vip anyway
a drop in pack prices is expected as everybody tries to sell extra packs to buy set 3 pack or the singles theyre still missing (my case)

edit: just to remember that there was a time you could buy set 1 packs in the 120-130 range, probably due to kickstarter flood, so 160 doesnt look that bad