PDA

View Full Version : Is there a point to keeping multiples of equipment?

LordGorchnik
07-02-2015, 03:32 PM
Unless I am mistaken all equipment you have is always available across all decks you own so is there any point to ever keeping more than one?

Thrawn
07-02-2015, 03:33 PM
Not that we know of currently, but if we get a crafting system eventually I'm guessing you'll be able to break down extras.

Mejis
07-02-2015, 05:26 PM
Not that we know of currently, but if we get a crafting system eventually I'm guessing you'll be able to break down extras.

Yes, my thoughts are that it may be possible to break them down at a later stage into consumables/crafting materials... speculation, but maybe someone has an official word on that?

IronPheasant
07-02-2015, 07:08 PM
Unless what you generate from them is cards in exchange for dozens of them, they'll still be worthless.

The current equipment system mandates that everything in it is worth $0.00.

sonejidh
07-02-2015, 08:27 PM
True there, I hope the crafting system contains consumables since currently all equipment just stays in the game making them worthless.

Another option is to have durability on the items so you can only use it for X matches, not sure if that will be a popular change though.

wolzarg
07-02-2015, 08:35 PM
True there, I hope the crafting system contains consumables since currently all equipment just stays in the game making them worthless.

Another option is to have durability on the items so you can only use it for X matches, not sure if that will be a popular change though.
No never ever ever this. It makes fetch legends impossible to maintain and most likely devalues them.

RCDv57
07-02-2015, 08:37 PM
There is no point in keeping multiples of equipment.... at least not yet.

wolzarg
07-02-2015, 10:50 PM
There is no point in keeping multiples of equipment.... at least not yet.
Unless your cleric dual wields and rolls a natural 20.

RCDv57
07-02-2015, 11:01 PM
Unless your cleric dual wields and rolls a natural 20.

Not even that can save you from the mighty Gazebo.

wolzarg
07-02-2015, 11:20 PM
Not even that can save you from the mighty Gazebo.
No one can defeat the mighty Gazebo!

RamzaBehoulve
07-03-2015, 08:34 AM
They'll have to find a way for equipment to leave the economy either way because besides the first few days of release, they will be worth virtually nothing as there will be absolutely no challenge in getting them, unless they are super rare, but even then, just like the cards Xocoy and Brutal Commander, everyone will have one eventually.

Either crafting or endurance system (X number of games, after that equipment breaks, no repair, higher values for higher rarities) will have to appear eventually.

wolzarg
07-03-2015, 11:40 AM
They'll have to find a way for equipment to leave the economy either way because besides the first few days of release, they will be worth virtually nothing as there will be absolutely no challenge in getting them, unless they are super rare, but even then, just like the cards Xocoy and Brutal Commander, everyone will have one eventually.

Either crafting or endurance system (X number of games, after that equipment breaks, no repair, higher values for higher rarities) will have to appear eventually.
Remember that everything was basically common in the arena. This will be fixed going forward making the difference in value massive even after a few weeks. If you have a 1 in 60 to get a legend and there are 50 legends and you get 8 pieces of gear a run you will need a lot of runs to get them all especially with overlapping drops.